Thread: Venice Beach & Santa Pier

Lurker

Default Venice Beach & Santa Pier

When is the best time to hit the beach in LA, we are hitting Venice for sure. Best Time of day..weekend? weekday?. I imagine it would be best on weekdays ..less people. But if we go to venice say during the week, are we going to miss a good experience compared to going on the weekend? any advice/ tips would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for answers in advance.

Default Re: Venice Beach & Santa Pier

I just went to Venice beach on a Tuesday afternoon and still had the same experience when I went on a weekend. When you do go weekdays parking is much easier to find and there are still crazies showing off their stuff.

Uhm... are you going for swimming? surfing? sunbathing? just gawking at freaks and chicks in bikinis?

There are always crazies on Venice, and yea, parking is much easier. I wouldn't want to swim at Venice though. There are much nicer beaches further north. Maybe some of the LA folks will chime in.

don't go to newport beach.

It's not warm enough for swimming for a couple months.

Venice during the week is fine. As jenni4 pointed out, parking will be easier, and all the crazy unemployed people will still be there.

If you're going for the beach itself then Malibu is nice, but it sounds like you're going for the scene, so Venice is probably the place for you.

Quote Originally Posted by jenni4 View Post
    I just went to Venice beach on a Tuesday afternoon and still had the same experience when I went on a weekend. When you do go weekdays parking is much easier to find and there are still crazies showing off their stuff.
    Yup. I used to live there.

go to bakersfield!
    lollipops and crisps

if you want an actual nice beach i'd suggest zuma which is way north on pch, almost to ventura. el matador state beach is beautiful too. i know at venice they used to have the drum circle on sunday afternoons, and then i think they moved it to wednesdays. i'm not sure when it is now. but i'd google it and try to go on that day if you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    This is the equivalent of musical water boarding.

Lurker

Thank you so much everyone for your replies. Basically going just to check out Vencie Beach and the Santa Monica Pier..the whole experience everyone says its a good place to check out. I think I will probabaly hit it on a weekday.

I know my bro wants to hit the beach probably to just chill out so I will look into the beaches tessalasset suggested and I will try and find out about that drum circle thing as well.

Thanks again everyone for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by tessalasset View Post
    if you want an actual nice beach i'd suggest zuma which is way north on pch, almost to ventura. el matador state beach is beautiful too. i know at venice they used to have the drum circle on sunday afternoons, and then i think they moved it to wednesdays. i'm not sure when it is now. but i'd google it and try to go on that day if you can.

I'm pretty positive that the drum circle happens Saturdays evenings, going into sunset. I always take my friends there when they come to visit. The last time was the first week in January. So, unless the Drum Circle has changed between then and now, it's Saturdays leading up to sunset.

Even though it's more crowded on Saturdays, that's when I'd reccomend going to Venice beach. If you're looking to just rollerblade and relax then the weekdays are much better. There won't be as many dipshits walking on the bike path.