Thread: Token latin bands wishlist.

Default Token latin bands wishlist.

Who do you want to see!?

I'm hoping for either los fabulosos cadillacs or macaco....

09-10-11-12-13-14

Quote Originally Posted by Blaker View Post
    ...you will usually hear House music at a HOUSE (thus the name), Drum and Bass can be played anywhere and requires both a DRUM and a BASS in the song to be apart of the DnB genre, where EDM music stands for European Digital Music and really doesn't need an explanation because everyone knows what that sounds like.
    "No, No, you're not thinking - You're just being Logical" - Neils Bohr

Default Re: Token latin bands wishlist.

Terrible thread
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

I would love for Kinky to return.

Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post
    Terrible thread
    That's my specialty
    09-10-11-12-13-14

Quote Originally Posted by Blaker View Post
    ...you will usually hear House music at a HOUSE (thus the name), Drum and Bass can be played anywhere and requires both a DRUM and a BASS in the song to be apart of the DnB genre, where EDM music stands for European Digital Music and really doesn't need an explanation because everyone knows what that sounds like.
    "No, No, you're not thinking - You're just being Logical" - Neils Bohr

Molotov again please.
    Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

I'd love to see Rodrigo y Gabriella.
    MY NEW 2014 COACHELECTRO MIX! 58 of This Years Artists In Just 50 Minutes! FREE DOWNLOAD!
    https://soundcloud.com/taktik-3/the-...coachelectro-2

Los Lonely Boys
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

Zoe and Hello Seahorse need to return.

oh yeah, this thread again. Ok, again my long list of wishes.

There's quite a few latin bands I'd LOVE to support on the polo fields.

Winifrede Walbaum with Niña Con Frenillos would be best, but she's gone solo now, and stopped screaming now that she's a married lady.

Astro has been featured on NPR and the like. I hear them in odd spots and happy for it.

Javiera Mena has played with Erland Oye a couple times. Since The Whitest Boy Alive is working on new material, a reunion on the fields would be fantastic.

And if she brought Gepe, I'd be even more stoked.

Piedopiedra was in a hip hop band that I loved called CHC- I guess he's gone solo too. And I dig it.

Although I liked him better in odiSEA, Alex Anwandter solo isn't bad. ("Casa Latina" was my favorite song in 2011) I used to get shitty drunk with the off-broadway actors around the corner from my apartment at the bar in this video. Jesus I miss those days.

Intimate Stranger played Lollapallooza this year, no?

Ana Tijoux was a backup rapper for various artists, like Julieta Venegas who played Coachella one year. She fronted Makiza, who did well in Chile. Now she's gone solo too, and this song was on Breaking Bad.

I've been rooting for Plastilina Mosh for years and years. It would be a great party- they put on a fabulous show. Not my favorite video, but a good song.

I also have had a great time at Bomba Estereo, and Los Amigos Invisibles at past Coachellas. I would welcome them both back. Fabulosos Cadillacs, mmmm, sure.
    Last edited by djbionik; 10-11-2013 at 07:59 PM.

I second Fabulosos, Astro, Javiera Mena and Plastilina Mosh...

I would also recommend the following acts:

SVPER (formerly Pegasvs)

IMS (or MIS, Mexican Institute of Sound)

Centavrvs

OutKast-TheKnife-Replacements-theGlitchMob-JagwarMa-Shlohmo-MSMR-AntiFlag-CaravanPalace-GabbaGabbaHeys-EllieGoulding-NekoC-AFI-Bonobo-theCult-Bastille

QOTSA-Lorde-PetShopBoys-MGMT-EmpireOfTheSun-CageTheElephant-Chvrches-CapitalCities-Temples-Naked&Famous-Mogwai-HolyGhost-WhiteLies-theInternet-LauraMvula-

ArcadeFire-Beck-NMH-Disclosure-LanaDelRey-Motörhead-LittleDragon-ToyDolls-1975-Krewella-Fishbone-TromboneShorty-ArtDept-Bombino-BadManners-SurferBlood-BoNingen-JRoddy-FactoyFloor

Pegasvs isn't together anymore? I remember listening to them like every day for a year straight, then completely forgot about it when my external drive died and I had to start over. Thank you for reminding me!! This new stuff is great.

Some of those faces of Centavrvs look familiar, were they in other bands before? Either way, I like it.

I always wonder what the criteria is for the token latin bands at Coachella. It never has had anything to do with recent albums, reunions, popularity or anything. It's always the weirdest surprise. I hope between your great recommends and mine, any of these would be great on the fields.

Quote Originally Posted by djbionik View Post
    Pegasvs isn't together anymore? I remember listening to them like every day for a year straight, then completely forgot about it when my external drive died and I had to start over. Thank you for reminding me!! This new stuff is great.

Some of those faces of Centavrvs look familiar, were they in other bands before? Either way, I like it.

I always wonder what the criteria is for the token latin bands at Coachella. It never has had anything to do with recent albums, reunions, popularity or anything. It's always the weirdest surprise. I hope between your great recommends and mine, any of these would be great on the fields.

Svper is Pegasvs, they just had to change their name because of legal issues with the name Pegasvs.

The girl singing in the Centavrvs video is the singer from Hello Seahorse! But she's just a guest on that particular song.
    OutKast-TheKnife-Replacements-theGlitchMob-JagwarMa-Shlohmo-MSMR-AntiFlag-CaravanPalace-GabbaGabbaHeys-EllieGoulding-NekoC-AFI-Bonobo-theCult-Bastille

QOTSA-Lorde-PetShopBoys-MGMT-EmpireOfTheSun-CageTheElephant-Chvrches-CapitalCities-Temples-Naked&Famous-Mogwai-HolyGhost-WhiteLies-theInternet-LauraMvula-

ArcadeFire-Beck-NMH-Disclosure-LanaDelRey-Motörhead-LittleDragon-ToyDolls-1975-Krewella-Fishbone-TromboneShorty-ArtDept-Bombino-BadManners-SurferBlood-BoNingen-JRoddy-FactoyFloor

El Gran Silencio and Immortal Technique were both fantastic at L.A. Rising a couple years back.
    Quote Originally Posted by fakekvnty View Post
    All you ladybois want inside this pink slip
    Quote Originally Posted by fakekvnty View Post
    You bitchez will all CUM-ba-ya when y'all see my pee-shooter.
    Follow kvn†y on instagram :: "Lorde is my shepherd. I shall not want."

Os Mutantes!

Sir Douglas Quintet
    Chris Montez
    Johnny Rodriguez
    Vikki Carr
    Charo (Playing in Cabazon on 12/13, so radius clause issues)

Quote Originally Posted by grichsgang View Post
    Sir Douglas Quintet
    Chris Montez
    Johnny Rodriguez
    Vikki Carr
    Charo (Playing in Cabazon on 12/13, so radius clause issues)

Vikki Carr? How old are you? 65?

But she's form my town of El Chuco Texas and Juarez!

Quote Originally Posted by ialvarado2 View Post
    Vikki Carr? How old are you? 65?

But she's form my town of El Chuco Texas and Juarez!
    sigh

i've been listening to this band (Ocho) over the past week and I'm really digging them, they sound fresh, with a pretty relaxed sound. Some of their songs in their album have traditional pre-hispanic music and sounds combined with huapango guitars, momtombo bass lines and psychedelic synths that add some really nice textures. Others like "Puerta" are more... well, take a look at them:

I wish Coachella would bring more latin indie bands to Coachella, they've done a really good job at bringing big and popular latin acts (Cafe Tavcba, Molotov, Caifanes) but they seem to have a fixation with grammy awardees and if that's any indication I think we might have Natalia Lafourcade in the polo fields this year.

I just wish we might get some more 'obscure' indie acts, like Ocho, Centavrvs or Svper.

- - - -

On another note, someone posted Zoe's tour schedule and there's a Coachella size gap during April. Considering they have a new album I think it's pretty obvious.

Last edited by ialvarado2; 11-26-2013 at 08:31 AM.

I second Zoé, their tour schedule for next year has no dates from 6th of April to the 22nd.