Thread: I just got scammed as well

Default I just got scammed as well

My girl's name is Angelina Miller and she sent me this email:

Hello

The tickets are still available.
    I need to sell them asap because I am not in the US and I will not be going to the concert.
    I am now in Manchester, United Kingdom.
    I will pay for an overnight delivery so if we both move fast you can receive the tickets in less than 1 day.
    The tickets were bought by my company as a bonus on a deal for a customer from the US. Unfortunatelly the deal did not go through and now we are stuck with the tickets. I would hate to see the tickets go to waste. We can have the deal asap.
    Obviously we need a way to complete this deal that will allow us to make sure we receive what we are after.
    I have found a way for us to complete the deal safely and fast, and in this way you will receive the tickets in less than 1 day, if you move fast as well.
    The solution is provided by a international shipping company called TNT which is similar to Fedex, DHL or UPS, which will handle the payment and delivery of the tickets.
    With this procedure I will only receive the payment for the tickets after you will receive them and see that they are genuine.
    Please click on the link below to the TNT website to see how we can complete the deal safely and fast directly from the website of the company where the procedure is explained.
    http://tnt.co.uk/country/third_party_service.html

Like I said, I will pay for an overnight delivery so you will receive them in time.

Let me know what you think

Angelina

According to the online Western Union site, they already picked up the $800 from the Western Union.

old school

Default Re: I just got scammed as well

Moral of this story, don't pay with Western Union or any kind of money wire unless its paypal Kids.

They've obviously set up a fake web address or something so they can use it in scams like this.

old school

uh that link doesn't even take you anywhere........

Banned

Report to the proper authorities.

Then begin to investigate on your own, until you've tracked them down, and broken every bone in their body until they are dead.

E

I got the same email, but I asked: "They are hard tickets, right? How did you get them though? Tickets for international buyers are only available for pickup at will-call."
    Then never heard back from her.

Look up TNT international

sounds like a nigerian scam, read the letter with that accent in your head.

and also, can you help me transfer 40 billion dollars to your account, i will give you 5% for your trouble.
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

Before I sent anything I looked all over the TNT website and it seemed pretty legit. I am so sick. I litterally have to go throw up now.

old school

A very expensive lesson.

Ouch.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

that link in that email doesnt work

Not Found
    The requested object does not exist on this server. The link you followed is either outdated, inaccurate, or the server has been instructed not to let you have it. Please inform the site administrator of the referring page.�4
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post

Not Found
    The requested object does not exist on this server. The link you followed is either outdated, inaccurate, or the server has been instructed not to let you have it. Please inform the site administrator of the referring page.�4
    I got a different thing when I clicked it, Dani. It was this:

Not Found
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Lurker

I also got the same email..... heres her email address. angelina_m_27@yahoo.com. Seems this mysterious person has posted literally everywhere. I live in Seattle and saw her same posting on the SF Craigslist and SD Craigslist.

Not Found
    Yeah, that was tricky. When I clicked that link on the original email I also received from Angelina Miller, it took me to a legit-looking TNT website. When I did copy+paste, it did not. Phew!

Overnight delivery from uk to texas is like 40+ dollars. Even then it goes through customes so it could take up to 2-3 days. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Gloria View Post
    ... With this procedure I will only receive the payment for the tickets after you will receive them and see that they are genuine.

Angelina

According to the online Western Union site, they already picked up the $800 from the Western Union.
    Just a question - She said you could pay AFTER receiving the tickets ... how come you've already sent her money through Western Union?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtysweet View Post
    Just a question - She said you could pay AFTER receiving the tickets ... how come you've already sent her money through Western Union?
    TNT must receive the money to send the item. I have up to 31 days to allow them to "give" the money to the seller, or ask for a refund (apparently). They were simply the middle man.

Quote Originally Posted by Cindayle View Post
    I also got the same email..... heres her email address. angelina_m_27@yahoo.com. Seems this mysterious person has posted literally everywhere. I live in Seattle and saw her same posting on the SF Craigslist and SD Craigslist.
    Mine was angelina_m67@yahoo.com

her craigslist was: sale-310180555@craigslist.org

I am officially devastated.

Quote Originally Posted by Gloria View Post
    I am officially devastated.
    What happened then?

that really sux. that's why i use a well known "middle man" for these kinds of transactions. i've been fairly lucky w/ ebay and not gotten scammed after using them for over 8 years. But even then I make sure all transactions are thru paypal & w/ no "out of the country" sellers/buyers. i wanna know i can drive my car to their town and hunt them down if needed.
    Western Union is only good for sending $$$ to a close friend/relative in a jam.
    i hope some kind person with a spare ticket (and i have seen a few on these boards) will show u some love.

Oh yeah me too-- I wish I had a spare ticket to give you-- I would be totally crushed if this happened to me-- shame on those bastards!

Quote Originally Posted by Puppet View Post
    Oh yeah me too-- I wish I had a spare ticket to give you-- I would be totally crushed if this happened to me-- shame on those bastards!
    Thanks to everyone who has been sympathetic. I just need to get over the fact that I'm a moron. (and $800 poorer)

Someone affiliated with Coachella was very kind and offered to walk my friends and I in each day of the festival, but we've decided that its in our best interest not to go. Too bad so sad.

I ran into this same email on a Santa Barbara Craigslist posting so you know this person is making the rounds.

i don't even think i would trust paypal cause they can only cover you up to a certain level of protection after that you'd have to work with your counterpart to get the funds back.

i suggest only searching your local craigslist and doing local exchanges unless you want a three day pass then you should hit up ticketmaster like i just did.

do you have an address? I'm sending some software engineers to near Manchester this weekend

Not that software engineers are "Internet Police" but if it's near by they can atleast check the address is ligit

sounds like a nigerian scam, read the letter with that accent in your head.

and also, can you help me transfer 40 billion dollars to your account, i will give you 5% for your trouble.

That happened to me and I couldn't believe I had a momentary lapse in common sense...glad I didn't wire his $4000 til the bank declined the deposit...

I hate liars!!!

HELLO MY NAME IS PRINCE WILSON ATAMUNDE ROBINSON OF NIGERIA I HAVE FIFTY THOUSAND DOLLARS IN A BANK AND I NEED YOUR HELP TO GET IT OUT BECAUSE MY POPS IS CRAZY YO

HOLLA BACK
    ▓░░░░▓░░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓
    ▓░░░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░░▓░▓
    ▓░░░▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░
    ▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ▓░░░░▓░░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓
    ▓░░░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░░▓░▓
    ▓░░░▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░
    ▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ▓░░░░▓░░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓
    ▓░░░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░░▓░▓
    ▓░░░▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░
    ▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓

That just almost happened to me too! And for those wondering... TNT is a legit, large global shiping company. I checked it out myself before will emailing this Angelina Miller person... but the confirmation email i got saying that TNT had the tickets for me and with the payment instructions was a fraud email made to look just like the real TNT website with fake TNT agents names and adresses. Some of the links on the email went to the real website... This was an scam of scams by profesionals... I also found on scam websites these f*@%ers have been doing the same thing with Radiohead, Tool, even sports game tickets... with that same email all from the UK. NO MONEY WIRES!!! and you are all good!