Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: The thread in which we ask birdiearch questions to get over her social anxiety issues

Default Re: The thread in which we ask birdiearch questions to get over her social anxiety is

birdiearch, who were the bands you discovered at this year's Coachella that you didn't know before, that also became new favorites?

Default Re: The thread in which we ask birdiearch questions to get over her social anxiety is

birdiearch, name your 5 favorite and 5 least favorite regular board posters.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    You sick fuck, do you realize how old Tom is?
    Ever heard the song "Cola" by Lana Del Rey?
    I gots a taste for men who are olderrrr
    Again, I got a dark soul.

Cards jersey: yeah, arms through the sleeves, and then pulled over my head. Boobs out, upper back covered. Gotta play it safe.

Quote Originally Posted by IceyHotshot View Post
    birdiearch, are you going to feel violated when people reference your answers to questions in this thread elsewhere on the forums?
    No, the photo just shocked me for a second.

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

birdie, do you stay up very late at night wondering whether there is a vast conspiracy being orchestrated against you by the message board "in crowd" and contemplating the real-life repercussions thereof?
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    Birdie,

How many times per day, on average, do you poop?
    I haven't been regular lately.... at worst twice a day. I can do five though.

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    birdie, do you stay up very late at night wondering whether there is a vast conspiracy being orchestrated against you by the message board "in crowd" and contemplating the real-life repercussions thereof?
    and drawing comparisons to your plight to classic but ultimately mediocre teen-lit novels from the 50s?
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    what about your past gives you self-esteem issues?
    To start, my smile is crooked. (Hence why I'm hiding my mouth behind my dog) People have asked me if I had a stroke, or been in a car crash (?!?! FUCK YOU).
    I was born with weak left cheek muscles. THAT IS ALL.
    Though it's a part of me and can appreciate it now, it's been the cause of most of my bullying as a kid.

And something unmentionable happened to me in college. Something illegal - that's all I'm gonna say. That messed me up; it's the reason I'm on meds now.
    And then I'm on other meds because a year after that incident, I got thyroid cancer. That didn't shake me up really; if you're gonna get cancer, I had the best scenario.

WHAT ELSE DO YALL WANT FROM ME?!

Damn. Sorry to hear about your past.

Are you on Synthroid, then?

also, the thing in college -- was canexplain involved?

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    TOO. MANY. BIG. WORDS.
    MUMBLER!!!!!!!

Are you on Synthroid, then?

also, the thing in college -- was canexplain involved?
    Yeah, synthroid for life!
    HAHAHA nice try, but no. You're warm though!

Come on.
    Arcade Fire - Sir Richard Bishop, Bill Orcutt - Spoon - Paul McCartney - Steve Gunn - Beserktown Fest - FYF - Sleep - Swans - Owen Pallett - Neutral Milk Hotel - Chris Thile & Edgar Meyer - Bobby Bradford Quartet - Matana Roberts - Wadada Leo Smith, Anthony Braxton - Thurston Moore, Sebadoh - Songs for Unseen Warhol Films - Ben Frost, Tim Hecker, Pete Swanson - Ryoji Ikeda - A Winged Victory for the Sullen - John Zorn Marathon

It was worth a try, Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by birdiearch View Post
    And something unmentionable happened to me in college. Something illegal - that's all I'm gonna say. That messed me up; it's the reason I'm on meds now.
    Again, I want to apologize for the incestual accusation I made towards Corinna back in the day.
    I in no way condone incest/rape.

It was a poor attempt at a "I can say that because I'm black" joke

"I hope you get sexually assaulted like I was" typically slays.

7/18: The Field @ The Independent
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Quote Originally Posted by birdiearch View Post
    Yeah, synthroid for life!
    What's your dosage? I'm at 88 mcg/day but we may need to up it. Do you go with the generic levothyroxine or stick with the brand name?

It was worth a try, Paul.
    I meant it more as: come on, don't skip this, birdie.
    Arcade Fire - Sir Richard Bishop, Bill Orcutt - Spoon - Paul McCartney - Steve Gunn - Beserktown Fest - FYF - Sleep - Swans - Owen Pallett - Neutral Milk Hotel - Chris Thile & Edgar Meyer - Bobby Bradford Quartet - Matana Roberts - Wadada Leo Smith, Anthony Braxton - Thurston Moore, Sebadoh - Songs for Unseen Warhol Films - Ben Frost, Tim Hecker, Pete Swanson - Ryoji Ikeda - A Winged Victory for the Sullen - John Zorn Marathon

birdiearch, who were the bands you discovered at this year's Coachella that you didn't know before, that also became new favorites?
    Excellent question. I'll get back to you later tonight, as I'm busy at the loony bin.

Again, that'll take some consideration. Give me a few hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    Hey birdie,

Who would be victorious in a fight between a grizzly bear and a silverback gorilla?
    I think I have an idea... I'll mull it over. Gimme a sec.

I'm sorry about your past trauma, birdie.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Give me a while usually means "I won't answer this" in these types of threads. Whether you mean it to or not.

Not always.

That's why we need people like you to pester her.

What's your dosage? I'm at 88 mcg/day but we may need to up it. Do you go with the generic levothyroxine or stick with the brand name?
    Really? Synthroid buddies!

Psssht, I'm at 150. Was up at 175 for a while, but anxiety was THROUGH THE ROOF.
    I have to stick with brand name bc it was malignant. :/ Generic is so much cheaper!!!

birdiearch, if you were to go back to the day you started posting, except you knew everything you know now - would you still decide to post here?

Give me a while usually means "I won't answer this" in these types of threads. Whether you mean it to or not.
    I'M DEAD SERIOUS. I HAVE A PROJECT RIGHT NOW.
    I LOVE ANSWERING QUESTIONS. FOR REALS.

birdiearch, if you were to go back to the day you started posting, except you knew everything you know now - would you still decide to post here?
    Umm YES, I'd still be here.
    If you must know, EVEN BEFORE I became a "regular poster", I spent months lurking. Reading every thread (mostly in the actual Coachella section). So I was already well aware of the character of the major players here. ie: Amy and Gunz seem chill, yet, be wary of Tom and Guedita, they could effortlessly beat me at a game of wits.
    (this is unrelated to my top 5 posters - they've changed now)

What's your definition of "chill?"

7/18: The Field @ The Independent
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

bipolar, I think

...not you?