Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Glastonbury Festival 2014

Default Re: Glastonbury Festival 2014

The Peel tent and park stage are not at all massive.
    8/20 SISU and Tanlines @ Sayers Club, 8/21 The Zombies @ Santa Monica Pier, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel & Daniel Johnston @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

Can one get proper boots in london? Don't really want to stick them in luggage

How long a hike is it between stages, on average? So much to see, gah

Quote Originally Posted by shermanoaksyo View Post
    Can one get proper boots in london? Don't really want to stick them in luggage

How long a hike is it between stages, on average? So much to see, gah
    There are definitely places to buy boots in London.

Depends on the stage. Most of the time you can make it from stage to stage with a 20 minute brisk stride, but some take longer to get to. Depends on where you're going. There's over 50 stages...and the festival is on 900 acres. Getting from one end to the other takes 45 minutes at least.

Check out my concert photos http://www.flickr.com/photos/ameeps/
    August
    1 - Arcade Fire - Forum
    2 - Arcade Fire - Forum
    4 - Arcade Fire - Santa Barbara Bowl
    8-10 - Outside Lands - Golden Gate Park
    14 - Death From Above 1979 - Troubadour
    20 - The Strokes - Chelsea at Cosmopolitan

Quote Originally Posted by ialvarado2 View Post
    That's a nice lineup, but Coachella gives us the opportunity to see acts like Kasabian, Mogwai, Pixies, Little Dragon, Four Tet in the Mojave, Gobi and Yuma instead of these massive and overcrowded stages that Glastonbury has. Have I been spoiled by Coachella?
    What the fuck? Coachella stages are overcrowded as shit now. I mean every so often you have room to move, but for the most part it's a shit show.

Some of the less popular bands are easier to watch though, Sushy.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

That's a nice lineup, but Coachella gives us the opportunity to see acts like Kasabian, Mogwai, Pixies, Little Dragon, Four Tet in the Mojave, Gobi and Yuma instead of these massive and overcrowded stages that Glastonbury has. Have I been spoiled by Coachella?
    Somebody is pissed they cant go.

That would be me.

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Some of the less popular bands are easier to watch though, Sushy.
    That's what I meant by every so often........

Okie doke.

Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    Glastonbury looks like a survivor episode, but 1000x more fun. I hope I can make it out there eventually.

The Pyramid stage is the only one that gets really crowded, but at least it is at the bottom of a slope, so sight lines are still good. Not had an issue anywhere else. Most people too mashed to bother getting down the front.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

Quote Originally Posted by Sushov23 View Post
    Glastonbury looks like a survivor episode, but 1000x more fun. I hope I can make it out there eventually.
    ME TOO. I'm thinking next year.

The special guest Park Stage sets got clusterfucked when Pulp and Radiohead played, like the Outdoor during Pharrell/Lorde/Lana, but they don't do those anymore.
    8/20 SISU and Tanlines @ Sayers Club, 8/21 The Zombies @ Santa Monica Pier, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel & Daniel Johnston @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

Quote Originally Posted by Sushov23 View Post
    What the fuck? Coachella stages are overcrowded as shit now. I mean every so often you have room to move, but for the most part it's a shit show.
    Let me guess... you watched Girl Talk, Lorde, Pharrell and spent a lot of your time in the Sahara right?

I had a great time this year and it didn't felt crowded with the acts I saw, except Fatboy Slim. Other than that, Pixies, Future Islands, Little Dragon, even Back and Arcade Fire were not crowded at all.
    OutKast-TheKnife-Replacements-theGlitchMob-JagwarMa-Shlohmo-MSMR-AntiFlag-CaravanPalace-GabbaGabbaHeys-EllieGoulding-NekoC-AFI-Bonobo-theCult-Bastille

QOTSA-Lorde-PetShopBoys-MGMT-EmpireOfTheSun-CageTheElephant-Chvrches-CapitalCities-Temples-Naked&Famous-Mogwai-HolyGhost-WhiteLies-theInternet-LauraMvula-

ArcadeFire-Beck-NMH-Disclosure-LanaDelRey-Motörhead-LittleDragon-ToyDolls-1975-Krewella-Fishbone-TromboneShorty-ArtDept-Bombino-BadManners-SurferBlood-BoNingen-JRoddy-FactoyFloor

Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    Nah, not pissed. I'll make it there eventually, maybe next year. But Coachella still gets me more excited.
    OutKast-TheKnife-Replacements-theGlitchMob-JagwarMa-Shlohmo-MSMR-AntiFlag-CaravanPalace-GabbaGabbaHeys-EllieGoulding-NekoC-AFI-Bonobo-theCult-Bastille

QOTSA-Lorde-PetShopBoys-MGMT-EmpireOfTheSun-CageTheElephant-Chvrches-CapitalCities-Temples-Naked&Famous-Mogwai-HolyGhost-WhiteLies-theInternet-LauraMvula-

ArcadeFire-Beck-NMH-Disclosure-LanaDelRey-Motörhead-LittleDragon-ToyDolls-1975-Krewella-Fishbone-TromboneShorty-ArtDept-Bombino-BadManners-SurferBlood-BoNingen-JRoddy-FactoyFloor

Let me guess... you watched Girl Talk, Lorde, Pharrell and spent a lot of your time in the Sahara right?

I had a great time this year and it didn't felt crowded with the acts I saw, except Fatboy Slim. Other than that, Pixies, Future Islands, Little Dragon, even Back and Arcade Fire were not crowded at all.
    For the record, when I arrived at Little Dragon, the tent was overflowing, but it seemed some people ducked out once Calvin Harris pressed play.

They call em wellies in the UK.
    You can buy them at Glastonbury. Yes, it'll be a little pricey, but maybe you won't need them at all like last year.
    Or bring em from home. London can be a little $$. Add the effort to look for em. If you buy em in London, you'll still have to lug them to Glastonbury, why not lug them from home. It's a minor inconvenience to bring them as luggage. BTW, there's Left Luggage lockers at most of the major tube stations, such as the one that National Express departs from for Glastonbury.

Create a list of bands you want to see and cut it in half. Glastonbury is 900 acres vs Coachella's 55 acres. Add rain, mud and 150000+ people, it can be a cluster to get from one stage to another. It's not as organized as Coachella, but that's part of the beauty of Glastonbury. There's so much more to see than just the music ... Shangra-La, Arcadia, Stone Circle, the food is amazing, cider, etc.
    Pyramid is probably the hardest stage to get to/leave from. For one, it's the biggest and most popular stage. But it's also in a corner of the festival ground and it creates 2 big bottlenecks to either side of the stage. Even though Other Stage is right behind Pyramid, you have to make a big circle to actually get there.

One sad thing is all the trash left on the ground. Check out Pyramid stage in the morning. You will see more trash on the ground than grass. But they do a good job of cleaning up every morning.

Quote Originally Posted by ameeps View Post
    There are definitely places to buy boots in London.

Depends on the stage. Most of the time you can make it from stage to stage with a 20 minute brisk stride, but some take longer to get to. Depends on where you're going. There's over 50 stages...and the festival is on 900 acres. Getting from one end to the other takes 45 minutes at least.

I went to stonehenge for solstice last year and watched people leave garbage in the middle of the stone circle. it was pretty sad

Doesn't he own an airliner?

“Now it’s the most bourgeois thing on the planet. Anywhere Gwyneth Paltrow goes and you can live in an air-conditioned yurt is not for me.”

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/showbiz/p...iden-snub-fest

8/19 Run the Jewels @ Sir Stage 37
    8/21 The Clean @ Rough Trade
    8/21 J Rocc/GE-OLOGY @ Panther Room
    8/23 Bad Brains/Trash Talk @ Afropunk
    8/23 Kevin Saunderson @ TBA
    8/24 D'Angelo @ Afropunk

Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Jack White/Manics conflict is vexing. London Grammar, Disclosure, Massive Attack and Kasabian all playing simultaneously at the end is just funny. And so very English!

Jarvis Cocker and Steve Mackey DJ set with guests in Stonebridge bar from midnight to 5am on Friday. Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    The special guest Park Stage sets got clusterfucked when Pulp and Radiohead played, like the Outdoor during Pharrell/Lorde/Lana, but they don't do those anymore.
    wish more americans would have better taste in music...all though it was nice to get really close for pulp just before they played
    Quote Originally Posted by mncarpooler View Post
    Anything that's not Sahara tent trash is going to have a small crowd it seems like. I wandered over near the Sahara once all weekend and it was a clusterfuck of the douchiest looking people you could ever imagine.

Jarvis Cocker and Steve Mackey DJ set with guests in Stonebridge bar from midnight to 5am on Friday. Wow.
    mackey just did a dj set opening for arcade fire..wonder if they have any plans for them at glasto? nice to dream
    Quote Originally Posted by mncarpooler View Post
    Anything that's not Sahara tent trash is going to have a small crowd it seems like. I wandered over near the Sahara once all weekend and it was a clusterfuck of the douchiest looking people you could ever imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by shermanoaksyo View Post
    Jack White/Manics conflict is vexing. London Grammar, Disclosure, Massive Attack and Kasabian all playing simultaneously at the end is just funny. And so very English!
    So with a line up thats pretty stacked, you just think they would cater somehow to not make things overlap? You couldnt split two of those sets if you really wanted to anyway.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Jarvis make an appearance during Arcade Fire's set. Now that Coachella has caught up with Glasto in the special guests department, somebody has to have something like that in store, and Arcade Fire have been playing with others throughout their tour.

How is this "wow"?

Looks like Aphex Twin is DJing at the Temple stage on Friday at 3 am. It's billed as DJ AFX but if you click on the link, it goes to Aphex Twin's discogs page on the schedule.
    Coachella 01' - 13' and still counting..... 13th year!!!! Geez, I'm getting old..

Yes, obviously, conflicts. With 64 stages it feels more like I'm psyching myself up for Burning Man than a music festival. I'll go to the Manics; I'm just annoyed to miss JW.

Great catch on Aphex. Thanks!

Despacio tent announced, headlined by Murph and Soulwax. "Marathon sets" nightly.

Despacio was fun. That's my nights sorted.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.