Thread: Payment Plan Question

Default Payment Plan Question

Right now I don't have sufficient funds in my bank account for this month's payment but I will do in a couple of days and I want to take advantage of the grace period but does Frontgate charge my bank this month's payment even if I don't have enough money? because I don't want to pay overdraft fees or do they see I don't have enough funds and they allow me 10 days till I can pay them?

Another question, am I allowed to changed the debit card on my Frontgate account?

Default Re: Payment Plan Question

No the payment will not go through and I BELIEVE they try again in 10 days, after the grace period. I would just call them within that grace period and give them the card you want to run for the months payment.

And debit cards are allowed. I use one on my frontgate account.

Quote Originally Posted by Bocheli-Maximus View Post
    Right now I don't have sufficient funds in my bank account for this month's payment but I will do in a couple of days and I want to take advantage of the grace period but does Frontgate charge my bank this month's payment even if I don't have enough money? because I don't want to pay overdraft fees or do they see I don't have enough funds and they allow me 10 days till I can pay them?

Another question, am I allowed to changed the debit card on my Frontgate account?
    They won't charge you, your best bet is to sign in to your front gate account and manually run the payment when you have the funds, I pay every month on the 10th with no issues, one time I got an email that told me I had until the 15th. You should be able to change your card on the same screen

UPDATE CREDIT CARD INFO
    Go sign into your ticket purchase account, click on my account, scroll down to stored credit card.. update it, "save changes". maybe log out and log back in to make sure it saved. You should be good to go. (or just call front gate tickets and do it over the phone)
    http://coachella-weekend1.frontgatetickets.com
    http://coachella-weekend2.frontgatetickets.com
    http://support.frontgatetickets.com
    9-9 CST Mon-Sat
    Phone: 888-512-SHOW

DEFAULT on payments will result in cancellation of your order, loss of deposit and ALL payments made prior to default. NO exceptions. It is 100% YOUR responsibility to manage your payment plan. Please pay attention to your bank and credit card statements to make sure your payment is deducted each month. You will have a 10 day grace period each month. If your payment is not made in full by the 10th day after the initial charge is run your order WILL BE CANCELLED and you will forfeit all monies paid up to that point to offset your default.
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

LISA NEEDS TICKETS!

PAYMENT PLAN
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011
    2012 2013 2014
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater) 10/3-5 Austin City Limits

thank you for this PF. i couldn't find the link to weekend 1 anywhere. i lost my debit card and got a new one but forgot to update my account info. good thing they have a 10 day grace period otherwise i'd be one sad panda. my account info is all updated and now i just wait for coachella to run my new card thru their system.

*wheew!!*

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by najahed View Post
    my account info is all updated and now i just wait for coachella to run my new card thru their system.
    Why don't you just manually run the card yourself? I did that today and immediately got my receipt. It was much less stressful than waiting and worrying about when they would charge my card.

What happens if you update your CC info and re-run the remaining balance AFTER cancellation of your order?

you're probably flushing more money down the toilet

Perhaps its time to test out my AMEX Refund Protection. :/

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

I think AMEX is going to see that you electronically signed an agreement for which you were not able to hold your end and not do a thing about it.
    last.fm
    11/14/14 - Death From Above 1979 @ Regent // 11/16/14 - Lucero @ Echo

Call Front Gate. They don't want to deal with chargebacks and whatnot so you can probably work it out. Maybe.
    ______
    1999, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    I think AMEX is going to see that you electronically signed an agreement for which you were not able to hold your end and not do a thing about it.
    Perhaps you're right and I accept that it might not work out but it's worth a try if FrontGate won't refund it themselves.

Paying particular attention to the wording below:

"Default on payments will result in the cancellation of your order, lost of deposit, and ALL payments made prior to default.

- http://support.frontgatetickets.com/...t-plan-policy-
    Last edited by woca_; 11-28-2013 at 02:02 AM. Reason: Link added.

shoot I need to change my address.
    Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    You better stop because he can shut down this message board with one call.

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    shoot I need to change my address.
    To my address? I'll keep your wristband safe. Promise.

Coachella Junkie frozen pilgrim's Avatar

for the first time in 3 years, I missed a payment. I payed down my card, and just clicked the button on the frontgate site to re-run it, and I got my confirmation email within 30 seconds. super easy. but it would be nice if they sent a "failed" email for failed payments. I just missed it because I lost track of what day it was (I work a LOT) and had other stuff on my low-limit "travelling" credit card. my payment for weekend 1 went through so I got a reminder of sorts, but yeah.

The last payment is December, right? Paying it off means it's getting close... lineup next month!

it would be nice if they sent a "failed" email for failed payments.
    they do. several. and here is me ranting from another thread:

A really popular argument still seems to be people focusing on email notifications. Email notifications are sent as a courtesy. They are not a fail safe argument to get you out of a cancellation. We told you, and you agreed that it is 100% your responsibility to check yourself. We did not say its 99% your responsibility and 1% if you didn't get an email. its 100% on you. You need to do whatever you have to do, such as set yourself a reminder to check with your bank/credit card, online or on phone, to see if a payment was deducted.

The courtesy emails that are sent are the best that can be done to attempt to help those that have some sort of mental block to helping themselves. Hitting send. Once that email goes off into the internet, it can't be helped what happens on the other end. It may have gone into spam folder that you never notice. It may have gone into your inbox that you deleted by accident. It may have been blocked by your ISP. It may have been blocked because at some previous time in life you clicked on "unsubscribe" from emails from front gate (that one cracks me up).

Coachella Junkie frozen pilgrim's Avatar

haha, well, I've only ever had one failed payment, and I didn't get a courtesy email, but I rectified it within 72 hours so it may not have sent that early anyways. so it seems like it's one of those sometimes-glitchy frontgate things maybe? either way, no harm done. last payments cleared today

My tickets are now paid off. Lay-away makes it so easy. I changed credit cards online with no problems at all a couple months ago. Coachella weekends, here I come!
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Quote Originally Posted by frozen pilgrim View Post
    and I didn't get a courtesy email
    every person who's payment fails is sent more than one courtesy email notification and then finally one last final sorry your order was cancelled email. the emails are sent. out into the internet. once they are sent, we couldn't tell you what the problem is on the other end.

you are correct that failed email notifications from today were mostly likely not sent yet, probably later tonight or tomorrow. and then again when they run them again and again and again for the next 10 days. none of this matters because you are 100% responsible to check on your payments yourself.

Legitimate question - How many people each year actually have their pre-orders canceled? Does this extra money go to GV or Frontgate?
    2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012b, 2013a, 2014a

Thats a very interesting question. If you notice anything new or extra, then i guess we will know where the money came from right?

Is anyone else having problems with the frontgate website?