Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Grounds expansion?

butthurt messiah TheVelvetSmudge's Avatar

Default Re: Grounds expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by the walrus View Post
    snail sucked. waste of space. when you can get the full effect of something like that by viewing a picture than it is inadequate.
    seriously what was the point? were we expected to follow it around?
    worst art installation ive ever seen there.
    A waste of movable space. You see standard pictures in three dimensions? Does space and time add another dimension? Then* The point was ABC. Not getting it tells me that you've never started with a blank page/ canvas/ whatever. I do agree that what designs were added to the shell weren't too amazing, that the forklift being so obvious was kind of cheesy, and that it could have been a lot more than it was. I'm trying to get you to give more input with your gripes. Maybe try suggesting a positive alternative with the things you don't like. That's all I ask.

my gripe is about how gripey the operators of that thing were and how its the ugliest thing Coachella has ever put on their fields.
    it obstructs views, moves attendants, and a cop out.

one more art piece I did not care for was the remolded flower from the year before.. howww original.

if I had the budget that golden voice has I wouldn't be wasting it on giant moving snails that no one is allowed to get near.
    you want positive/creative input.. fine, I don't know why it helps you.
    I want the do lab to be a sectioned off misty escape instead of lame dubstep. each section could have a screen and speakers just loud enough for the section... im envisioning like a pentagon lounge type area, natural seating, shade, mist. it would be the cooldown smoke a joint spot. each section would have to be partially enclosed to control sound bleed, Im surprised that sound bleed is still a problem they haven't tackled yet though..
    creators project needs to get on this it would be tight
    Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    eh, youre the one in a public place reading a music festival forum thread about ganja. Expect some titties.

my gripe is about how gripey the operators of that thing were and how its the ugliest thing Coachella has ever put on their fields.
    it obstructs views, moves attendants, and a cop out.

one more art piece I did not care for was the remolded flower from the year before.. howww original.

if I had the budget that golden voice has I wouldn't be wasting it on giant moving snails that no one is allowed to get near.
    you want positive/creative input.. fine, I don't know why it helps you.
    I want the do lab to be a sectioned off misty escape instead of lame dubstep. each section could have a screen and speakers just loud enough for the section... im envisioning like a pentagon lounge type area, natural seating, shade, mist. it would be the cooldown smoke a joint spot. each section would have to be partially enclosed to control sound bleed, Im surprised that sound bleed is still a problem they haven't tackled yet though..
    creators project needs to get on this it would be tight
    Are you female? You gripe like a girl. I like it, don't get me wrong, but your bitching sounds really ladyish. Thank you for sharing your visions with me, either way. I look forward to more recommendations by you. It matters to me, because it matters to all of us. We should be the ones trying to make Coachella the greatest experience for the next group of people who will really appreciate it the way we have. You can't share all the special things with all the people who are special to you, but you sort of have to do your part, even if you think it's going to be overlooked.

yeah no not a girl, ***. just a stoner who wants fucking shade and mist and not a giant fucking snail.
    eh, youre the one in a public place reading a music festival forum thread about ganja. Expect some titties.

what the fuck forum I cant call myself a F ag ???

Meh. I read words, and vibes. You're either female, or raised by women. Not a thing wrong with that. Why should you feel the need to call me any kind of demeaning name based on what I said to you? Message boards are too text-based for sexual preferences to mean shit, and that you think I'm a guy shows that you're projecting.

All bs aside, I agree. I'd say remove all pieces with forklifts/ boom lifts, and to find a place out of the way for special exhibits like the Tesla coils so that the Do Lab can be more properly placed with consideration to other stages. Other than that, you're bitching. Be cool, bitch. Be cool.

The snail sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    The snail sucked.
    What sucked about it?

I didn't like that you could see tires. I didn't necessarily like what was painted on the snail. Other than that, I thought it was cool. A sort of statement to mobile art, among other things I'm possibly too stupid to realize, likely, or perhaps nothing at all. I expected more from it by day 3. I would have personally pushed myself to bring more, if I were the artist/s involved.

It kept breaking down.

You should have used your knowledge of repairing intricate machines to fix it so we could have all appreciated it more. That would have been cool.

I don't have that kind of knowledge.

I would feel like an asshole insulting an art installation for having poor mechanics if I couldn't have added technical knowledge to aid said installation, unless you in fact meant to insult the technical mechanics of the installation instead of the proposed artistic components. I personally thought the visual art involved was sort of shitty. You thought the presentation was shit. I thought it was a good idea. Hopefully someone can read these statements without getting insulted.

what the fuck forum I cant call myself a F ag ???
    takes one to know one, cuntface
    Quote Originally Posted by fakekvnty View Post
    All you ladybois want inside this pink slip
    Quote Originally Posted by fakekvnty View Post
    You bitchez will all CUM-ba-ya when y'all see my pee-shooter.
    Follow kvn†y on instagram :: "Lorde is my shepherd. I shall not want."

Go to Coachella, watch it on a screen? How about quit being lazy and walk your ass to a stage.

he would walk to a stage, but the snail was always plotting against him and getting in the way.

The screens would be cool in the speakeasy or something, but not anything more than that.
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 • 2007 • 2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011
    • 2012 • 2013
    11/19 Night Terrors of 1927 at Soda Bar • 11/11 & 11/18 Night Terrors of 1927 at The Echo
    1/23 Dent May at The Echo • 1/19/14 Volcano Choir at H.o.B. San Diego

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Gunz, put a snail trail on my chin.
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    kvnty offered me 2 fists for one companion parking pass

Hi, creepy. You don't remember a thing from the one and only time we met.

make more space for the serpent mothers return. The tesla coils are boring!

Lord Huron -> C2C -> Beardyman -> Pete Tong -> Lee Scratch Perry -> Modest Mouse -> Beach House -> Purity Ring -> Jurassic 5 -> How to Destroy Angels -> Birdy Nam Nam -> Allen Stone -> The Selecter -> Puscifer -> Violent Femmes -> Simian Mobile Disco -> Moby -> Wild Belle -> Grimes -> James Blake -> Pretty Lights -> Wu-Tang -> OMD -> Roni Size & Dynamite Mc -> Dead Can Dance

Quote Originally Posted by SONR801 View Post
    make more space for the serpent mothers return. The tesla coils are boring!

That would be a good installation to have out of the way somewhere, maybe on the walk up to the venue entrance from parking, or where the VIP area is near the Sahara. That would work.

Good idea brah.
    Lord Huron -> C2C -> Beardyman -> Pete Tong -> Lee Scratch Perry -> Modest Mouse -> Beach House -> Purity Ring -> Jurassic 5 -> How to Destroy Angels -> Birdy Nam Nam -> Allen Stone -> The Selecter -> Puscifer -> Violent Femmes -> Simian Mobile Disco -> Moby -> Wild Belle -> Grimes -> James Blake -> Pretty Lights -> Wu-Tang -> OMD -> Roni Size & Dynamite Mc -> Dead Can Dance

Yeah, we'll go ahead and make your ideas happen, though we're going to keep them out of sight/ mind where they'll work best. Continue.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post
    IDK, where do you think they'll go, Bumbles?

I imagine that Coachella won't think about it at all, and people will just start abandoning their cars somewhere on Jefferson St.
    GV could actually hire shuttles from LA and swap some of the car camping over to all tent camping. That would help solve parking/sleeping issues for 5,000. Not sure if the city was add capacity or if GV has to cut back further on non-ticket holders allowed on site.

You know, actually being as green as they claim to be with all the painted garbage cans.

Quote Originally Posted by TheVelvetSmudge View Post
    Yeah, we'll go ahead and make your ideas happen, though we're going to keep them out of sight/ mind where they'll work best. Continue.
    Sweet! Lets set your campsite at the end of lot ten, where the coils should be. Thanks for your commitment.
    Last edited by SONR801; 09-13-2013 at 11:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SONR801 View Post
    Sweet! Lets set your campsite at the end of lot ten, where the coils should be. Thanks for your commitment.
    Eww camping? Isn't that for poor/ stupid people? I may be a dirty bird, but I know my limits.

Not fooling anyone. We all know you just want a private place to rub one out before the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    GV could actually hire shuttles from LA and swap some of the car camping over to all tent camping. That would help solve parking/sleeping issues for 5,000. Not sure if the city was add capacity or if GV has to cut back further on non-ticket holders allowed on site.

You know, actually being as green as they claim to be with all the painted garbage cans.
    Oh yeah. The logistics of making attendees show in up in LOS ANGELES at a designated time to get on a 3 + hour shuttle to Indio for tent only camping sounds like a real fucking blast. And you know, well thought out plan there for where and why LA would have to house thousands of cars for the weekend you dumb dipshit.

4/20: Godflesh, Cut Hands @ DNA Lounge
    4/21: The Men @ Rickshaw Stop
    4/26: Simian Mobile Disco, Earth @ Pappy and Harriet's
    5/2-5/4: Austin Psych Fest @ Carson Creek Ranch
    5/10: Joey Anderson @ TBA
    5/17: Kishi Bashi @ GAMH
    5/17: Move D b2b Optimo, Jackmaster, J.Phlip @ PW
    5/21: Baths @ The Independent
    5/30: The Decemberists @ The Crystal Ballroom
    6/27: Fuck Buttons @ The Independent
    6/28: Robyn & Royksopp @ Bill Graham

Dumblebee sort of has a point though. Why not offer shuttles from LA to the site for campers that are flying in and cant rent a car? There is the greyhound but that doesn't take you to the site. Just a thought...
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    I think the safest course is to assume everyone is a fucking nightmare and proceed from there.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.

Maybe the expansion is going to hold that hippie bus that one guy was asking about bringing into the venue last year to use as a stage.
    Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

Shuttles from the Palm Springs airport, maybe, but LA?

4/20: Godflesh, Cut Hands @ DNA Lounge
    4/21: The Men @ Rickshaw Stop
    4/26: Simian Mobile Disco, Earth @ Pappy and Harriet's
    5/2-5/4: Austin Psych Fest @ Carson Creek Ranch
    5/10: Joey Anderson @ TBA
    5/17: Kishi Bashi @ GAMH
    5/17: Move D b2b Optimo, Jackmaster, J.Phlip @ PW
    5/21: Baths @ The Independent
    5/30: The Decemberists @ The Crystal Ballroom
    6/27: Fuck Buttons @ The Independent
    6/28: Robyn & Royksopp @ Bill Graham

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Shuttles from the Palm Springs airport, maybe, but LA?

Can we have one from ONT as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by Starraven View Post
    Can I be in a great mood because I don't have an upcoming jail date?