Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LA Rising 2014

Default Re: LA Rising 2014

I just can't get pumped up about another Rage Against the Machine show...Since 2007 it's just been "We're back....AGAIN!"

That being said, I'd go if Kendrick and at least 2 others I'd like to see get added.

Quote Originally Posted by uscjeff View Post
    If I recall last time there were planes flying with banners over W2 at Coachella advertising it as Rage + Muse + Rise Against so people at Coachella knew
    There was one weekend in 2011
    Follow me on Twitter at Klein25
    The Eeries The Troubadour
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern
    The Horrors Oct 14 Santa Ana

Quote Originally Posted by uscjeff View Post
    If I recall last time there were planes flying with banners over W2 at Coachella advertising it as Rage + Muse + Rise Against so people at Coachella knew
    wat
    Catz n Dogz @ It'll Do 11/1 | Death From Above 1979 @ Granada Theater 11/8 | MSTRKRFT After-party 11/8 | Eats Everything @ Kingdom Austin 11/13 | Sasha @ It'll Do Dallas 11/22 | Caribou @ The Mohawk Austin 11/23

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DFrank View Post
    I just can't get pumped up about another Rage Against the Machine show...Since 2007 it's just been "We're back....AGAIN!"

That being said, I'd go if Kendrick and at least 2 others I'd like to see get added.
    I don't really have a problem with this. So many bands get back together and release a new album that pales in comparison to their earlier work. I'd rather them play a show or two every couple years as opposed to releasing something just to release something, and then feeling obliged to tour behind it.

November 18 - Slayer
    November 19 - eyehategod
    December 4 - Behemoth
    January 30 - Behemoth
    February 3 - Zola Jesus
    February 6 - Sleep

Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    I don't really have a problem with this. So many bands get back together and release a new album that pales in comparison to their earlier work. I'd rather them play a show or two every couple years as opposed to releasing something just to release something, and then feeling obliged to tour behind it.
    I mostly agree but I think an EP with 3 songs would suffice for not having a single since 2001 and still headlining tours. I'm surprised Zach doesn't have/want anything new out considering all the material in the past decade for pro-revolution lyrics.

I just think of the recent disaster of Pixies releases is all. I believe Zach is working with Run the Jewels right now so maybe he'll come up with some good stuff there. I'd love if they got booked for LA Rising too.

November 18 - Slayer
    November 19 - eyehategod
    December 4 - Behemoth
    January 30 - Behemoth
    February 3 - Zola Jesus
    February 6 - Sleep

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DFrank View Post
    I mostly agree but I think an EP with 3 songs would suffice for not having a single since 2001 and still headlining tours. I'm surprised Zach doesn't have/want anything new out considering all the material in the past decade for pro-revolution lyrics.
    i would have no complaints about rage touring consistently with no new album if they changed up the setlist AT ALL. even tool figured that shit out.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

You're all "hipsters" for even daring to suggest that Rage does *anything* new.
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

They better announce something soon so I can plan my travels accordingly. I'll skip every other festival for the year if I can have a chance to catch RATM for once.
    Catz n Dogz @ It'll Do 11/1 | Death From Above 1979 @ Granada Theater 11/8 | MSTRKRFT After-party 11/8 | Eats Everything @ Kingdom Austin 11/13 | Sasha @ It'll Do Dallas 11/22 | Caribou @ The Mohawk Austin 11/23

Quote Originally Posted by heart cooks brain View Post
    i would have no complaints about rage touring consistently with no new album if they changed up the setlist AT ALL. even tool figured that shit out.
    Yet no one complains about Tool doing essentially the same setlist for the last 8 years.

November 18 - Slayer
    November 19 - eyehategod
    December 4 - Behemoth
    January 30 - Behemoth
    February 3 - Zola Jesus
    February 6 - Sleep

Whaa, where were you in 2007?
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Nocturnal Wonderland Saturday, Cut Chemist/Dj Shadow - Palladium, Massive Attack SB Bowl, Festival Supreme, Coachella 2015

the same excitement i still have in bands like Metallica, i can give 2 shits about Metallica's new material. I am there to sing along with the classics

RATM setlist haters crack me the fuck up.

They'd rather hear a fresh new setlist from a terrible indie band with a "hit" from a Honda commercial than one of the tightest, most energetic sets from one of this generation's best bands. Idiots.

If you can't get excited about seeing RATM perform their driving anthems with a raging mosh pit, that's your problem.

Quote Originally Posted by TomServo View Post
    They'd rather hear a fresh new setlist from a terrible indie band with a "hit" from a Honda commercial than one of the tightest, most energetic sets from one of this generation's best bands. Idiots.
    Now you're just making things up.
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Gribbz View Post
    Now you're just making things up.
    Here's the thing about great old bands making new music. Sometimes the band was done FOR A REASON. Maybe they didn't have much to say artistically anymore, and requesting new bad music is folly. Would you want Led Zeppelin (in a world where they were all alive) to reunite and tour on a new album, or reunite and play their great music from 40 years ago?

Look at Soundgarden. I'm a big Soundgarden fan, and I found their latest album pretty decent. But would I stack it up against their last... four albums? Definitely not their last three, with a couple tracks excepted. So if they blow half a setlist playing their "daring" new music instead of classics like "Gun" or "Jesus Christ Pose" or "Hands All Over", who really wins?

I'm all about artists exploring new territory if they have the desire to do it. RATM does NOT desire to do it as a group. They do their own things, and some of the results are pretty good, but when they get together as RATM, it's to revisit the music they still love to play. They spend a week getting tight and then make a bunch of mofos happy they got to see RATM live playing their real music, not a watered-down new setlist of sorta-RATM songs.

If RATM was playing every year, and you had unlimited chances to see them, I could see the complaints. But there are a bunch of kids who have grown to love them since they last played a gig in 2011 - would you have them never get a chance to see this music live just because you already did?

For that matter, Brad Wilk thinks they may have played their last show together... unless it's hype for LAR 2014.

old school

RATM setlist haters crack me the fuck up.

If you can't get excited about seeing RATM perform their driving anthems with a raging mosh pit, that's your problem.
    RATM haven't played the Pacific Northwest in 15 years, Canada in 15 years and anywhere in Western Canada in 17 years.

Here's the thing about great old bands making new music. Sometimes the band was done FOR A REASON. Maybe they didn't have much to say artistically anymore, and requesting new bad music is folly. Would you want Led Zeppelin (in a world where they were all alive) to reunite and tour on a new album, or reunite and play their great music from 40 years ago?

Look at Soundgarden. I'm a big Soundgarden fan, and I found their latest album pretty decent. But would I stack it up against their last... four albums? Definitely not their last three, with a couple tracks excepted. So if they blow half a setlist playing their "daring" new music instead of classics like "Gun" or "Jesus Christ Pose" or "Hands All Over", who really wins?

I'm all about artists exploring new territory if they have the desire to do it. RATM does NOT desire to do it as a group. They do their own things, and some of the results are pretty good, but when they get together as RATM, it's to revisit the music they still love to play. They spend a week getting tight and then make a bunch of mofos happy they got to see RATM live playing their real music, not a watered-down new setlist of sorta-RATM songs.

If RATM was playing every year, and you had unlimited chances to see them, I could see the complaints. But there are a bunch of kids who have grown to love them since they last played a gig in 2011 - would you have them never get a chance to see this music live just because you already did?

For that matter, Brad Wilk thinks they may have played their last show together... unless it's hype for LAR 2014.
    What about fans that want to hear other songs from the original albums not played during the 2007-2011 shows?

Why you gotta be such a setlist hater BumbleBee?

Just announce the darn event already. Shut up and take my money LA Rising.

Check out my concert photos http://www.flickr.com/photos/ameeps/
    August
    1 - Arcade Fire - Forum
    2 - Arcade Fire - Forum
    4 - Arcade Fire - Santa Barbara Bowl
    8-10 - Outside Lands - Golden Gate Park
    14 - Death From Above 1979 - Troubadour
    20 - The Strokes - Chelsea at Cosmopolitan

If you are only gonna tour your old stuff, fine, but at least switch it up. Give the crowd some deep cuts or something
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

Does anyone think they can pull off LA Rising without a RATM appearance? Still containing a lineup curated by the band, and maintaining the "re-education camps" that promoted activism and political education?

9/21 - Arsis @ New Royal Dive
    10/28 - Tycho @ North Park Theatre
    10/30 - The Rural Alberta Advantage @ Soda Bar
    11/4 - United Nations @ Los Globos
    11/12 - DFA 1979 @ House Of Blues
    11/14 - The Presets @ North Park Theatre
    11/29 - Cake @ Del Mar

I don't think so. Pretty much everyone was there in 2011 just for RATM.

November 18 - Slayer
    November 19 - eyehategod
    December 4 - Behemoth
    January 30 - Behemoth
    February 3 - Zola Jesus
    February 6 - Sleep

I don't think so. Pretty much everyone was there in 2011 just for RATM.
    Um, actually, I was there for Muse. And they gave the best performance I've ever seen from them or any other band for that matter. Left during the fire mosh pit of Rage and gave my floor wristband to some hot dude who would appreciate it more.
    Quote Originally Posted by fakekvnty View Post
    As awkward as the time I force-felched you?
    You bitchez will all CUM-ba-ya when y'all see my pee-shooter.
    All you ladybois want inside this pink slip

Did you slide it off via putting your fist in his asshole, using the power of his pucker?

Funny you should ask. I actually broke the wristband in a moment of passion and hate myself for it. Not sure the hot guy actually got into the front part of the floor or not. A similar situation just happened at Santa Barbara Bowl this past weekend for The National. I made sure to slide my floor wristband off for the hot guy requesting it. It was near the end of the show for this one at least. Gawd, the BJs I could have received for my ticket generosity ...
    As awkward as the time I force-felched you?
    You bitchez will all CUM-ba-ya when y'all see my pee-shooter.
    All you ladybois want inside this pink slip

I think it's officially dead. Maybe it's happening later in the year, but I doubt it.

Check out my concert photos http://www.flickr.com/photos/ameeps/
    August
    1 - Arcade Fire - Forum
    2 - Arcade Fire - Forum
    4 - Arcade Fire - Santa Barbara Bowl
    8-10 - Outside Lands - Golden Gate Park
    14 - Death From Above 1979 - Troubadour
    20 - The Strokes - Chelsea at Cosmopolitan

More like LA sinking.
    10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater (?), 10/18 Culture Collide, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale, 11/7 Warpaint @ Echoplex, 11/12 Blonde Redhead @ Fonda

It's just annoying because they haven't said a fucking thing about it. If it's not happening, let us know.. especially after making it pretty clear that it was going to happen this year in August.

I guess there still is some time for the announcement (better be really soon) but their silence with this whole thing isn't making it very hopeful.

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Yet no one complains about Tool doing essentially the same setlist for the last 8 years.
    people complain about this all the time and it's not even true.
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffer View Post
    I guess there still is some time for the announcement (better be really soon) but their silence with this whole thing isn't making it very hopeful.
    I sincerely doubt it's happening. A quiet cancellation and maybe a 2015 incarnation? I feel like it's not gonna happen again though.

9/21 - Arsis @ New Royal Dive
    10/28 - Tycho @ North Park Theatre
    10/30 - The Rural Alberta Advantage @ Soda Bar
    11/4 - United Nations @ Los Globos
    11/12 - DFA 1979 @ House Of Blues
    11/14 - The Presets @ North Park Theatre
    11/29 - Cake @ Del Mar