Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Hip-Hop Acts Coachella 2014

Default Re: Hip-Hop Acts Coachella 2014

Quote Originally Posted by TheVelvetSmudge View Post
    What exactly are you asking for here, mikey.....unknowntwat..? Your implications are boring. Why would you even want Eminem to headline, or argue that it's possible? Some special w-trash childhood memory that most of us can't relate to? Some Puddle of Mudd mommy/ daddy hating issues that you want to share with fifty thousand other attendees? Just share your abuse stories here so we can have fun when we get to Coachella*
    I don't believe I have ever suggested Eminem would/should headline either next year or the future. I was trying to figure out how you figure that the GUESTS of the headliners are themselves headliners as well.

I guess Wiz Khalifa, 50 Cent, De La Soul, and R. Kelly have all headlined the fest as well?
    MY NEW 2014 COACHELECTRO MIX! 58 of This Years Artists In Just 50 Minutes! FREE DOWNLOAD!
    https://soundcloud.com/taktik-3/the-...coachelectro-2

butthurt messiah TheVelvetSmudge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mikey1313666 View Post
    I don't believe I have ever suggested Eminem would/should headline either next year or the future. I was trying to figure out how you figure that the GUESTS of the headliners are themselves headliners as well.

I guess Wiz Khalifa, 50 Cent, De La Soul, and R. Kelly have all headlined the fest as well?
    Your issue seems to be with thinking that sub-heads are worthy of headlining. Wez isn't ready to headline. De La Soul is second or third line at best, and R. Kelly is the same. Of course they haven't headlined. Eminem is one of few guests who could alternatively headline, but who probably wouldn't headline because of various reasons. One of the reasons Eminem is less likely to headline is because he's already showed up to perform in a headlining position, with Dre/Snopp, and the key reason is because he's already oversaturated the festival market.

I prefer to insult you if you can't just grasp likelihoods for their own sake.

Your issue seems to be with thinking that sub-heads are worthy of headlining. Wez isn't ready to headline. De La Soul is second or third line at best, and R. Kelly is the same. Of course they haven't headlined. Eminem is one of few guests who could alternatively headline, but who probably wouldn't headline because of various reasons. One of the reasons Eminem is less likely to headline is because he's already showed up to perform in a headlining position, with Dre/Snopp, and the key reason is because he's already oversaturated the festival market.

I prefer to insult you if you can't just grasp likelihoods for their own sake.
    I do believe this began with you claiming Eminem has headlined..

EMINEM headlined with Dre and Snoop, so... No. Official.
    MY NEW 2014 COACHELECTRO MIX! 58 of This Years Artists In Just 50 Minutes! FREE DOWNLOAD!

I do believe this began with you claiming Eminem has headlined..
    You're worse than I am, but in a less tolerable sort of way. You're the kind of person who would try to fit sixty artists in a forty-five minute playlist.

You're worse than I am, but in a less tolerable sort of way. You're the kind of person who would try to fit sixty artists in a forty-five minute playlist.
    Yes, because the music I make makes me less tolerable.

Why don't you post some of you're incredible music? Would love to hear some Smudgestep

No one even mentioned music you make. Are you sixty artists? No? Done deal.

My music is on hold right now. I play all instruments, not just some shitty keyboard I call a synth, so you won't have to worry about any "step" music coming out of me, though that's probably your shit. I seek validation through other means than what I create, as I've seen what the average person can create, and I know I'm in the clear. Artistry/ craftsmanship aside, that you make and push playlists makes you less tolerable.

Immortal Techique. Raekwon. Kendrick. Killer Mike and El-P. Chance the Rapper. I think those are the only ones who have made good, relevant mixtapes recently. Big K.R.I.T., possibly?
    Certain songs they get so scratched into our souls

I thought K.R.I.T. woulda played last year, don't see it this year. Could definitely see Chance the Rapper though as an early set.

No one even mentioned music you make. Are you sixty artists? No? Done deal.

My music is on hold right now. I play all instruments, not just some shitty keyboard I call a synth, so you won't have to worry about any "step" music coming out of me, though that's probably your shit. I seek validation through other means than what I create, as I've seen what the average person can create, and I know I'm in the clear. Artistry/ craftsmanship aside, that you make and push playlists makes you less tolerable.
    This whole trying to be a dick thing is really not working well for you.

Also, theres a difference between a live mix and a fucking playlist. Moron

This whole trying to be a dick thing is really not working well for you.

Also, theres a difference between a live mix and a fucking playlist. Moron
    You'll have to get people to actually click on the link before you can get into explaining why it's so garbage. None of us have gone that far, so save it.

Cute @ "trying to be a dick" comment. I am who I am. I wouldn't concern myself with temperament over the internet if I were you. That having been said, thanks for taking the time to judge my movements. You really know how to make a girl feel special.

Quote Originally Posted by TanTan View Post
    I thought K.R.I.T. woulda played last year, don't see it this year. Could definitely see Chance the Rapper though as an early set.
    I feel like Chance would be on just before sunset. Maybe on the Outdoor.
    Certain songs they get so scratched into our souls

Quote Originally Posted by Jordanp View Post
    Immortal Techique. Raekwon. Kendrick. Killer Mike and El-P. Chance the Rapper. I think those are the only ones who have made good, relevant mixtapes recently. Big K.R.I.T., possibly?
    I hated the name Joey Bada$$ and didn't give him a listen for a while, but the 1999 mixtape is greatness.

You'll have to get people to actually click on the link before you can get into explaining why it's so garbage. None of us have gone that far, so save it.

Cute @ "trying to be a dick" comment. I am who I am. I wouldn't concern myself with temperament over the internet if I were you. That having been said, thanks for taking the time to judge my movements. You really know how to make a girl feel special.
    As a matter of fact I've gotten messages from several boardies who gave me feedback on my mix, you fucking fool.

As a matter of fact I've gotten messages from several boardies who gave me feedback on my mix, you fucking fool.
    Imperative.

Rap =Yo, YO YO , Yo

Yo

YO YO YO YO YO YO

YO - pop pop pop

Yo Yo

POP

YO

WORD
    Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this…and totally redeem yourself!
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    she should get an abortion then go to chella
    Quote Originally Posted by Bougie24 View Post
    You people are disgusting for posting this shit on my thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Look up your moms skirt when she is dancing

Imperative.
    good fucking response.

TheVelvetSmudge, aka Zafocane aka The Fucking Worst

Quote Originally Posted by baily View Post
    Rap =Yo, YO YO , Yo

Yo

YO YO YO YO YO YO

YO - pop pop pop

Yo Yo

POP

YO

WORD
    Go away.
    10/8 - Little Dragon @ Marquee (Tempe, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

good fucking response.

TheVelvetSmudge, aka Zafocane aka The Fucking Worst
    You're trying way too hard to convince an already convinced group that I'm the worst. They still think you're a dumbass. Go figure.

Eminem will never headline Coachella as anything less than a guest.

So ever since Drake's album dropped he has been everywhere; ESPN, talk shows, radio shows. He's clearly the hottest rapper in the game right now, with his album Nothing Was The Same projected to sell over 750,000 copies first week. Anyone else think he would be great as a headliner, maybe with NIN on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by keving7 View Post
    Coachella 2013 had a huge lack of hip hop performances! Earl Sweatshirt, 2 Chainz(who's horrible live by the way) and Pusha-t who was pretty decent were the only stand out names. Coachella really has to make up for that this year, since 2012 had acts like ASAP Rocky and Kendrick Lamar, i'm guessing J. Cole and Macklemore will perform, along with Chance the Rapper. I also think Drake will headline Saturday along with Nine Inch Nails. Drake is the best rapper out right now and gonna drop an album in September, so it makes total sense! what do you guys think? what other hip hop acts are you predicting to perform?
    dude you're an idiot, drake is the best rapper? drake is the worst thing ever to happen to rap besides vanilla ice. drake is horrible live and on cd. his lyrics have no substance, go take your power 106 ass off this message board..

here is list of better rappers maybe you learn something today:

slim shaddy
    snoop
    dr dre
    tupac hallogram
    q tip
    phife dog
    busta rhymes
    mike d
    king ad rock
    chuck d
    del
    plug 1,2 and 3
    zach de la rocha
    kanye
    jay z
    andre 3000
    ice cube
    anyone of the wu tang clan
    too short
    flying lotus
    tech 9
    immortal technique
    atmosphere
    lady of rage
    action bronson
    and any member of black hippy, jedi mind tricks black eyed peas.
    [B]Darthlaker

Quote Originally Posted by darthlaker View Post
    dude you're an idiot, drake is the best rapper? drake is the worst thing ever to happen to rap besides vanilla ice. drake is horrible live and on cd. his lyrics have no substance, go take your power 106 ass off this message board..

here is list of better rappers maybe you learn something today:

slim shaddy
    snoop
    dr dre
    tupac hallogram
    q tip
    phife dog
    busta rhymes
    mike d
    king ad rock
    chuck d
    del
    plug 1,2 and 3
    zach de la rocha
    kanye
    jay z
    andre 3000
    ice cube
    anyone of the wu tang clan
    too short
    flying lotus
    tech 9
    immortal technique
    atmosphere
    lady of rage
    action bronson
    and any member of black hippy, jedi mind tricks black eyed peas.

Dude i'm an idiot? and don't know anything about rap? first of fall flying lotus isn't a rapper and you have black eyed peas on your list, so you have no credibility to be telling anyone anything about rap. I hate insulting someone's intelligence but you're seriously a moron, please go away.

Quote Originally Posted by darthlaker View Post
    dude you're an idiot, drake is the best rapper? drake is the worst thing ever to happen to rap besides vanilla ice. drake is horrible live and on cd. his lyrics have no substance, go take your power 106 ass off this message board...
    Drake was voted (by who, I forget now) the best rapper of 2012. That it wasn't Kendrick, etc., etc.

The point is that Drake is highly considered to be a great rapper, though I can't remember having ever heard Drake rap. If you put Drake and Kendrick on a stage, gave them both a mic, and got them to "battle rap," I guarantee that Drake's awkward n-bombs and talking about his girlfriend fucking other dudes wouldn't hold a candle to Kendrick's more street oriented raps.

Drake is much more likely to have a headline opportunity than Kendrick in 2014. Drake's primary audience are high school girls, and since high school girls don't represent the majority of ticketholders at Coachella each year, don't expect him to headline (the new album could hype him into a spot though, so there is a chance). Kendrick, with another three really good years, will headline Coachella (with Kanye and Dre as guests perhaps?).

Dude i'm an idiot? and don't know anything about rap? first of fall flying lotus isn't a rapper and you have black eyed peas on your list, so you have no credibility to be telling anyone anything about rap. I hate insulting someone's intelligence but you're seriously a moron, please go away.
    Fly Lo actually does rap now

Drake is much more likely to have a headline opportunity than Kendrick in 2014. Drake's primary audience are high school girls, and since high school girls don't represent the majority of ticketholders at Coachella each year, don't expect him to headline (the new album could hype him into a spot though, so there is a chance). Kendrick, with another three really good years, will headline Coachella (with Kanye and Dre as guests perhaps?).
    oh. and I guess you're still a fucking moron

oh. and I guess you're still a fucking moron
    No Doubt will be the closest thing to a rap headliner at Coachella 2014 anyway. Eat it.

You've never heard of Captain Murphy? And stop with the Drake bullshit, he's garbage.

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

lol at slim shaddy
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

No doubt would actually be pretty cool, i don't see why there is so much negativity towards drake. He's clearly the best rapper out RIGHT NOW, most popular, #1 selling album, he sold out the staples center in a few minutes! sorry i'm only 21 and don't really care for old underground or gangsta rap like some of you older people. Outkast, Tribe Called Quest and all those other rappers you guys have mentioned from the 80's and early 90's aren't active right now. I'm just being realistic and stating the most logical choice as a rap headliner. There isn't a rapper making music right now as big as Drake that hasn't been at coachella.

Is Drake big right now? Yes, best rapper? That's a matter of opinion. Look back on previous hip hop acts at coachella, Drake is not the type of hip hop they target. Its not happening. His wanna-be, pop rap ass doesn't belong at coachella.

No doubt would actually be pretty cool, i don't see why there is so much negativity towards drake. He's clearly the best rapper out RIGHT NOW, most popular, #1 selling album, he sold out the staples center in a few minutes! sorry i'm only 21 and don't really care for old underground or gangsta rap like some of you older people. Outkast, Tribe Called Quest and all those other rappers you guys have mentioned from the 80's and early 90's aren't active right now. I'm just being realistic and stating the most logical choice as a rap headliner. There isn't a rapper making music right now as big as Drake that hasn't been at coachella.
    Tribe just played H20 Fest a month or so ago