Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011
Results 301 to 323 of 323

Thread: Hip-Hop Acts Coachella 2014

  1. #301
    Member ELIZA83TH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,152

    Default Re: Hip-Hop Acts Coachella 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Prelude View Post
    People Under the fucking Stairs.
    Seriously... What I wouldn't do to have them at Coachella....
    Quote Originally Posted by alpha_q_up View Post
    a cunt punt is always the best solution to cure someone of their bitchassness
    Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    Gay is the answer to everything.

  2. #302
    Member Twattycakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Edmonton, AB, Canada
    Posts
    997

    Default Re: Hip-Hop Acts Coachella 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by dmilley View Post
    Bahahaha not one thing about this post isn't funny. Did you even attend 2013? Do you even know what hip hop is?
    I'm not sure if this is directed at me... yes, I did attend Coachella 2013. Yes, I am aware of what hip hop is. What the fuck are you talking about, shitheel?
    Anything is possible...

  3. #303

    Default Re: Hip-Hop Acts Coachella 2014

    Childish Gambino just announced his tour dates with a huge gap in april but does have a show at the shrine after coachella, any chance he's playing?

  4. #304
    Member Larry Farnsworth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    The Nutmeg State.
    Posts
    638

    Default Re: Hip-Hop Acts Coachella 2014

    Let's all pray that he's not.

    Outkast
    the Roots
    Run the Jewels
    Underachievers
    Czarface
    Q-tip & Busta Rhymes

    That'll do.

  5. #305

    Default Re: Hip-Hop Acts Coachella 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Farnsworth View Post
    Let's all pray that he's not.

    Outkast
    the Roots
    Run the Jewels
    Underachievers
    Czarface
    Q-tip & Busta Rhymes

    That'll do.
    Exactly this plus Chance the Rapper.

  6. #306

    Default Re: Hip-Hop Acts Coachella 2014

    /I'd say those dates rule him out, but who knows there is that gap, maybe he just plans on going

  7. #307
    Member GolfWang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,817

    Default Re: Hip-Hop Acts Coachella 2014

    Jonwayne plz



    what other rapper's gonna rock Birkenstocks?

  8. #308

    Default Re: Hip-Hop Acts Coachella 2014

    Alright how is everyone enjoying the 2014 Hip Hop so far? my thoughts below

    Outkast- obviously super excited for that
    ASAP Ferg- This will be fun, like Rocky in 2012
    Flat Bush Zombies- I've heard these guys talked about for a while now, but never really listened, any recommendations?
    Kid Cudi- Saw in 2012, he puts on a fun show and im excited to see some of the Indicud songs live
    Nas-saw in 2012 as well, Nas has hits for days
    Pharrell Williams-interested in what a Pharrell show would be like
    Ratking- listening to Ratking for the first time right now, hes actually not bad.
    Chance the Rapper-Trying to get into Chance but having a hard time

    Let me know if there is any Hip Hop I'm missing

    Would have been nice to see Run the Jewels or any member of TDE on the line up.

  9. #309
    Member GolfWang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,817

    Default Re: Hip-Hop Acts Coachella 2014

    It's OK. I never really expect Coachella to have a great rap lineup. They usually have a few stinkers and a few great acts. This year is no different.

    Besides the obviously exceptional Outkast, I'm really looking forward to Chance, although I've heard mixed reviews of his live sets. I've never seen a great Nas set, but he's usally pretty good. ASAP Ferg could be really fun if he gets a good stage/set time. Ratking is dope.

    I'm curious to find out what Pharrell's set will be like. He has such a massive catalog of collaborations, plus all of the N.E.R.D. stuff, some of which is amazing and some of which is pretty awful. I feel like his set could either be really good or really bad. Definitely gonna check it out if I can.

  10. #310

    Default Re: Hip-Hop Acts Coachella 2014


  11. #311

    Default Re: Hip-Hop Acts Coachella 2014

    Pharrell was a surprise on the lineup. He is a must see for me on Saturday.

  12. #312

    Default Re: Hip-Hop Acts Coachella 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by GolfWang View Post
    I'm curious to find out what Pharrell's set will be like. He has such a massive catalog of collaborations, plus all of the N.E.R.D. stuff, some of which is amazing and some of which is pretty awful. I feel like his set could either be really good or really bad. Definitely gonna check it out if I can.
    There are setlists floating around for shows he did earlier this year, but it looks like only the most important N.E.R.D. and solo songs (Frontin', She Wants to Move, Lapdance, and I'm sure Happy will be in the set now), and then the rest is a healthy dose of all his biggest featured hits from 2000s era up to Get Lucky/Blurred Lines. Seems like the type of guy to know what the audience wants to hear, so you'll get the songs that had the biggest impact on the radio. It'll be a party, but no "deep cuts" (if there even are such things/expectations).

    Plus, with the Snoop Dogg photo and the impending Clipse reunion, I think you'll get at least one of the two.

    Speaking of Clipse, holy shit would that have been an awesome lineup surprise. I also would have loved to see Goodie Mob, their new track with Janelle Monae was excellent and there is obviously the OutKast factor there too. But with both of those acts having bad relationships with Coachella past (one no-show and one Cee-Lo tantrum), I sort of get it.
    Last edited by travelfan; 01-17-2014 at 10:54 AM.

  13. #313

    Default Re: Hip-Hop Acts Coachella 2014

    They've had Push guest in 2011 and solo in 2013 to maybe they've we'll get a Clipse guest this year and a full clipse set in 2015

  14. #314
    Member baily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Right behind you
    Posts
    1,958

    Default Re: Hip-Hop Acts Coachella 2014

    nothing better than a bunch of white guys arguing online about what rapper is best...YO YO YO

    fools

    This is by far the funnies dumb shit ever
    Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this…and totally redeem yourself!
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    she should get an abortion then go to chella
    Quote Originally Posted by Bougie24 View Post
    You people are disgusting for posting this shit on my thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Look up your moms skirt when she is dancing

  15. #315
    Member GolfWang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,817

    Default Re: Hip-Hop Acts Coachella 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    There are setlists floating around for shows he did earlier this year, but it looks like only the most important N.E.R.D. and solo songs (Frontin', She Wants to Move, Lapdance, and I'm sure Happy will be in the set now), and then the rest is a healthy dose of all his biggest featured hits from 2000s era up to Get Lucky/Blurred Lines. Seems like the type of guy to know what the audience wants to hear, so you'll get the songs that had the biggest impact on the radio. It'll be a party, but no "deep cuts" (if there even are such things/expectations).

    Plus, with the Snoop Dogg photo and the impending Clipse reunion, I think you'll get at least one of the two.

    Speaking of Clipse, holy shit would that have been an awesome lineup surprise. I also would have loved to see Goodie Mob, their new track with Janelle Monae was excellent and there is obviously the OutKast factor there too. But with both of those acts having bad relationships with Coachella past (one no-show and one Cee-Lo tantrum), I sort of get it.
    OK yeah, here's one from last April. Looks OK. I'll probably be there for the odd chance that Clipse makes an appearance.

    Superthug
    Grindin
    Lapdance
    Frontin'
    Drop It Like Its Hot
    Beautiful
    Hot in Heree
    She Wants To Move
    Give it 2 Me (Jay)
    Give it to me (Madonna)
    Twerk it
    SHM
    Wanna Love You Girl
    Blurred Lines
    Hypnotize You
    Get Lucky

    And I think it's possible we get a little taste of Goodie Mob during Outkast, although I'm not really expecting it.

  16. #316
    Member Tjzoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Tijuana, Mx!
    Posts
    104

    Default Re: Hip-Hop Acts Coachella 2014

    I'm intrigued what Pharrell's set going to sound like, as most of the songs mentioned above he only sings the hook.

  17. #317

    Default Re: Hip-Hop Acts Coachella 2014

    bring NORE out for super thug!

  18. #318

    Default Re: Hip-Hop Acts Coachella 2014


  19. #319

    Default Re: Hip-Hop Acts Coachella 2014

    anyone think gwen stefani could make an appearance?

  20. #320

    Default Re: Hip-Hop Acts Coachella 2014

    on what grounds?

  21. #321

    Default Re: Hip-Hop Acts Coachella 2014

    holla back girl

  22. #322

    Default Re: Hip-Hop Acts Coachella 2014

    Ah hell I just posted this http://www.coachella.com/forum/showt...Pharrell-bring

    And then I see this is already being talked about in here

  23. #323

    Default Re: Hip-Hop Acts Coachella 2014

    ^this

Similar Threads

  1. Coachella 2014 EDM Acts?
    By efrain44 in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 203
    Last Post: 01-16-2014, 12:00 PM
  2. Coachella 2014
    By FrannieH18 in forum Questions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-01-2013, 11:11 AM
  3. The Coachella Collection 2013: DJ Mix acts of Coachella Artists
    By indecipherable in forum Misc. Babble
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-18-2013, 08:32 AM
  4. Coachella 2014!!
    By jbice24 in forum Questions
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-25-2013, 03:46 PM
  5. COACHELLA 2014 PRE-SALE
    By chbludevil in forum Questions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-18-2012, 07:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •