Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Hip-Hop Acts Coachella 2014

Default Hip-Hop Acts Coachella 2014

Coachella 2013 had a huge lack of hip hop performances! Earl Sweatshirt, 2 Chainz(who's horrible live by the way) and Pusha-t who was pretty decent were the only stand out names. Coachella really has to make up for that this year, since 2012 had acts like ASAP Rocky and Kendrick Lamar, i'm guessing J. Cole and Macklemore will perform, along with Chance the Rapper. I also think Drake will headline Saturday along with Nine Inch Nails. Drake is the best rapper out right now and gonna drop an album in September, so it makes total sense! what do you guys think? what other hip hop acts are you predicting to perform?

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Default Re: Hip-Hop Acts Coachella 2014

Explain how Drake is the best rapper out right now
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

Obvious Troll is obvious

Wu tang Clan, J5, Danny Brown, El-P, Action Bronson... There was a lot of hip hop there if you knew where to look

How is he not? he won a grammy for his last album, his single started from the bottom is one of the best songs of the summer. All of his songs dropped this year have all been hits, from his versace remix to jodeci freestyle to the motion. It doesnt take a genius to see that, even jay-z and kanye have gone on record to say he's the best out right now, and @andrew86 care to explain how i'm trolling?

You cant honestly say that 2013 lacked hip hop acts

compared to previous years yeah it did! i was there for wu-tang it was lackluster, would have been better if there was an odb hologram, danny brown and action bronson havent had a debut album, let alone hit singles. compared to 2012 with asap rocky, kendrick lamar, and snoop and dre and 2011 with nas, wiz khalifa, odd future and kanye west headlining. yeah i can honestly say it lacked hip hop acts

Quote Originally Posted by keving7 View Post
    compared to previous years yeah it did! i was there for wu-tang it was lackluster, would have been better if there was an odb hologram, danny brown and action bronson havent had a debut album, let alone hit singles. compared to 2012 with asap rocky, kendrick lamar, and snoop and dre and 2011 with nas, wiz khalifa, odd future and kanye west headlining. yeah i can honestly say it lacked hip hop acts that I like
    Fixed

i like most of the acts you mentioned, i saw danny brown, action bronson and jurassic 5. I'm stating that there was a lack of BIG NAME performers. Who do you see performing this year?

I want Scarface damn it
    Translation

Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    Still pretty serious about this.

Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival 10/03 - 10/05/14
    Decibel Festival @ Seattle 09/24 - 09/28/14
    War on Drugs @ Fillmore 10/05/14
    Treasure Island @ Treasure Island 10/18 & 10/19/14
    Moodymann @ PW 10/25/14
    Death From Above 1979 @ The Independent 11/17/14

Last.fm

Danny Brown and Action are basically in the same position K.dot and ASAP were in when they played in 2012. I don't really understand Coachella Logic when picking out Hip Hop acts. I could see some of the acts you mentioned being on the 2014 line up, i dont deny that. but Drake just makes me cringe

Im not sure J cole would get a huge response either

I think Coachella would get Mac Miller, Schoolboy Q & Tyler the Creator as well as some acts we arent too familiar with

yeah i dont think anyone understands coachella's logic, i can see mac and schoolboy q, i doubt tyler maybe another member of odd future like mellowhype might. i just hope there's a headlining act this year. hopefully kanye and jay-z, i doubt eminem will show

yeah i dont think anyone understands coachella's logic, i can see mac and schoolboy q, i doubt tyler maybe another member of odd future like mellowhype might. i just hope there's a headlining act this year. hopefully kanye and jay-z, i doubt eminem will show
    Based on your posts in this thread, you are under 22 years old and have terrible taste in hip hop.
    10/8 - Little Dragon @ Marquee (Tempe, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

butthurt messiah TheVelvetSmudge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Explain how Drake is the best rapper out right now
    Drake was called the "best rapper of 2012." As Drake isn't a rapper, those results are obviously bullshit, but I can see how the easily impressed would repeat the information as valid.

Edit: Coachella can do better than Tyler/ OF. Did any of you catch the Earl Sweatshirt show? Hands down the worst set I saw all weekend. I can't think of a worst suggestion of a rap artist/ group to put on the lineup.
    Last edited by TheVelvetSmudge; 08-06-2013 at 10:34 PM.

compared to previous years yeah it did! i was there for wu-tang it was lackluster, would have been better if there was an odb hologram, danny brown and action bronson havent had a debut album, let alone hit singles. compared to 2012 with asap rocky, kendrick lamar, and snoop and dre and 2011 with nas, wiz khalifa, odd future and kanye west headlining. yeah i can honestly say it lacked hip hop acts
    I hope someone tampers with your brakes.

chief keef

^Fuck no.

Also: "Riff Raff just learned Southern hospitality only goes so far ... he was arrested early Sunday morning in North Carolina after cops found drugs in his car.

The rapper was tooling around Greensboro at around 2:30 AM and bizarrely stopped in the middle of traffic to talk to a bunch of pedestrians ... and if we know our Riff Raff, we're guessing he was pimpin' it.

Cops approached the vehicle and say they saw an open container of alcohol, which then triggered a full-blown search of the vehicle. That's when police say they found weed and some sort of powerful narcotic, along with drug paraphernalia."

Maybe we'll all get lucky and NC will throw the book at him
    5/17 Chet Faker
    5/25 EDC NY (2manydjs!!!!)
    7/18-7/20 Melt Festival

-Pharcyde
    -Atmosphere
    -Big Boi

Quote Originally Posted by IzGewd View Post
    -Pharcyde
    -Atmosphere
    -Big Boi
    Pharcyde and Big Boi/ Outkast, but please not Atmosphere. Seeing him/ them last time close the Outdoor was almost as humiliating as watching Earl Sweatstain close out a tent. Maybe there are good Atmosphere songs, but for the love of hip hop, there's got to be something better.

Quote Originally Posted by TheVelvetSmudge View Post
    Pharcyde and Big Boi/ Outkast, but please not Atmosphere. Seeing him/ them last time close the Outdoor was almost as humiliating as watching Earl Sweatstain close out a tent. Maybe there are good Atmosphere songs, but for the love of hip hop, there's got to be something better.
    Like?
    10/8 - Little Dragon @ Marquee (Tempe, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

Fuck Drake.

I'm gonna guess Flatbush Zombies, Joey Bada$$, The Underachievers, Chance the Rapper, Ab-Soul, Schoolboy Q and Mac Miller.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    Like?
    Madlib. Doom. Del/ Deltron 30/30.

That's just right off the top...

Any suggestions?

zero
    Coachella 2013 had a huge lack of hip hop performances! Earl Sweatshirt, 2 Chainz(who's horrible live by the way) and Pusha-t who was pretty decent were the only stand out names. Coachella really has to make up for that this year, since 2012 had acts like ASAP Rocky and Kendrick Lamar, i'm guessing J. Cole and Macklemore will perform, along with Chance the Rapper. I also think Drake will headline Saturday along with Nine Inch Nails. Drake is the best rapper out right now and gonna drop an album in September, so it makes total sense! what do you guys think? what other hip hop acts are you predicting to perform?
    Coachella 99' 01',02',03',04',05',06',07',08',09',10',11',12',13 ' and counting!!!

SPX clothing
    "We ride skis."

www.skipunx.com
    www.facebook.com/SPX.clothing
    www.myspace.com/spxclothing

Wu-Tang absolutely killed it last year, and you would know that if you knew any of their catalog other than C.R.E.A.M. Plus there was Jurassic 5, Pusha T, 2 Chainz, Danny Brown...that's pretty solid.

In 2012, it was more top heavy. Dre & Snoop is obviously a huge get, but really there wasn't more than that. A$AP had a conflict with Radiohead so I didn't see him, and Kendrick was pretty mediocre live and it was before Good Kid MAAD City dropped. Gambino was alright too.

I hope they get Kanye & jay-z for this year, but please god no Drake, and please please no atmosphere or anymore Odd Future crap.

what about young jeezy?

Bam Bam has 2 albums out, both of which shit on anything Drake has and will do with his career. Wu was lackluster? Go play in traffic please.

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Just get Busta Rhymes and Ice Cube to Coachella
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

If I had to pick one I'd choose to get Black Star out there.

Black Star is good for Hip/Hop festivals. They've done so many that I wouldn't be surprised/ impressed to see them at Coachella. Busta Rhymes would be a worthless solo show to me, but I was actually pretty disappointed when Ice Cube didn't come on stage with Snoop and Dre (though I shouldn't have even thought to expect it, I suppose). He was headlining (I think) the Crush Groove thing during that spot of time, so he had other business to attend to. Ice Cube could be good by himself, and with guests/ as a guest. Wu Tang shouldn't return to Coachella until 2023. Drake should never be admitted to Coachella outside of guest appearances. Kanye and Jay Z right now would be WAY too soon for Coachella, plus pretty late for Watch the Throne, though I do agree that the two of them together with a good backing band could be pretty killer.

"VELVET SMUDGE" IS STREET SLANG FOR METH