Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Lollapalooza 2014

Default Re: Lollapalooza 2014

So, as of now...outkast, arctic monkeys, foster the people, lorde, and eminem are the top picked acts by lolla fans. Arctic monkeys are for sure headliner worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    Thats the trade you want? How about coachella gets back Gessafelstein, London Grammar and Jungle.

Midwest kids rape this thing. Stats on attendance are probably similar to Coachella, in that most of the peopel who attend are not from the surrounding areas.

and Outkast is not a brilliant booking if everyone else had the same idea, and got it to come true.

edit: so what the hell happened to Nick Cave, maybe he saw who else was on the line up and passed. Same with Timberlake.
    Most of the people who attend Coachella ARE from surrounding areas, you fucking dumb piece of shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

Quote Originally Posted by Bluntmaster3000 View Post
    So, as of now...outkast, arctic monkeys, foster the people, lorde, and eminem are the top picked acts by lolla fans. Arctic monkeys are for sure headliner worthy.
    Well, who the fuck else are people going to see on that lineup?

Quote Originally Posted by iamthehorn View Post
    This is the Lollapalooza 2014 of comments.
    Well done
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

So this was CoS's mild way of putting it...

Lollapalooza’s 2014 lineup is a fascinating case study for music festivals in 2014. Long gone is Perry Farrell’s initial, grunge-fueled creation of the mid-90s, where Body Count inspired mosh pits and Pavement was pelted with mud balls. Now, yuppies can watch Skrillex play from the comfort of their cabanas and ambulances sit outside Perry’s, waiting for the inevitable overdose. Back in 1996, fans were critical of Lollapalooza’s booking of mainstream rock band Metallica. In 2014, Kings of Leon are playing.

Since taking up permanent residence in Chicago’s Grant Park nine years ago, Lollapalooza has embraced the idea of being America’s biggest and most corporate music festival. This year’s lineup is a reflection of instant sellouts, the rising popularity of EDM, the continued demise of rock ‘n’ roll, and the vastly barren landscape of acts still considered a unique “get”. There’s no money in booking Sleater-Kinney or The Replacements; however, the kids will come see Calvin Harris and Krewella.

Lollapalooza’s 2014 lineup is not bad, it’s just not for you. (Though, considering it’s completely sold out, maybe it is.) And more likely than not, that’ll continue to be the case for the years to come, as the festival veers more toward the path of Ultra Music Festival than Coachella. There’s still a lot to appreciate about this year’s lineup, you just have to dig a little deeper, work a little harder. But, after all, isn’t that what being a diehard is all about?
    Funny how Alex Young criticized the Coachella lineup by saying they booked subheadliners that aren't really subheadliners yet he's pretty tame about the lackluster Lollapalooza lineup.
    Last edited by TickleMeElmo; 03-26-2014 at 10:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    So this was CoS's mild way of putting it...

Funny how Alex Young criticized the Coachella lineup by saying they booked subheadliners that aren't really subheadliners yet he's pretty tame about the lackluster Lollapalooza lineup.
    COS contributor Sami(guy who does the "Rock it Out" blog videos) is a little harsher, but still won't trash it.

0:55 to 2:15

old school

Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker113 View Post
    I wonder why the headliner rumors omitted Outkast. The others were all spot on.
    Milwaukee and Louisville.

Quote Originally Posted by homersexual View Post
    what? do you guys expect festivals to have bands like nin or the cure available to them every year?
    Lolla have unsuccessfully spent 20 years trying to land Neil Young. Pearl Jam would be a "get". Timberlake would be a unique festival booking even if you aren't a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post
    Because it would be a bad commercial decision?
    Quote Originally Posted by jumpstart View Post
    jesus, do you guy know how many fucking kids come into grant park from the suburbs? Chicago is insanely massive city!!! YES!!! lots of little kids growing up right before our eyes at perrys. Its fucking insane how young the crowd is at lolla. you think those arrogant kids coming FROM THE BURBS have really had enough time in they're loves to discover great music? They just take whatever the corporate shithead give them. They DON"T GIVE A FUCK BECAUSE THEY'RE YOUNG AND JUST LEARNING.

Lolla is a noob fest. Its pretty awesome its only 225-250 because for people who live in city, its not a big deal for veterans to shell out cash for a few days of fun even though most of the bands suck. But the lineup fucking blows and will always blow....this whole year blows for main stream festivals....
    Quote Originally Posted by heart cooks brain View Post
    there's always a new crop of high school sophmores that were too young to go 3 years ago you fuckin dope.

lollapalooza curated by cr*****
    Lolla skews very young and obvious has sold well.

Some festival make a HUGE amount of profit on alcohol sales, some times as high as 30% on money. Is it counter productive business wise to have massive chunk of your audience unable to legally buy booze?

I want bumblebee to have an avatar .
    Spicy pie is mainstream shit.

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

I'll do a Google Image Search for "historical dumdum"
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

CoS has always had a vendetta against Coachella. Their pandering to Lolla pales in comparison to Roo though. They have a massive hard on for that festival.

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post

Lolla skews very young and obvious has sold well.

Some festival make a HUGE amount of profit on alcohol sales, some times as high as 30% on money. Is it counter productive business wise to have massive chunk of your audience unable to legally buy booze?
    who cares.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Fuzz View Post
    Browski, he's headlining the fucking festival. In other words: he'll be illustrating his technical rapping abilities live, in fucking person, playing tracks from his entire catalog. He is nothing short of phenomenal live and he's worth the price of admission alone.
    Eminem is a fucking dumpster fire live. He lip syncs (sorry - uses a "backing track") and is generally uninspiring and terrible. In terms of rap artists big enough to headline a major festival, he's easily the worst live performer out of the group.

And did you really not understand my critcism of Eminem? he's a technically skilled rapper who seemingly lost the ability to make engaging songs years ago. Unless you find 40 year old men rapping in cartoon voices and sticking with a tired "I'm so edgy" schtick better suited to a teenager somehow fulfilling, in which case I guess he's still pretty awesome. Eminem hasn't made much music which rises above the level of "okay" since about 2002.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Fuzz View Post
    Nobody gives a fuck that they played a show the day before, in some other city, at some sold out festival, that they weren't even at. Outkast is a brilliant booking every fucking day of the week - second to none.
    I guess you and I have a different definition of what constitutes a "brilliant" booking. I see the word "brilliant" and I think innovative or unique or daring, whereas you use "brilliant" to describe the obvious booking of a great act that will be at pretty much every other festival on the planet.
    Quote Originally Posted by baily View Post
    Eat a dick on that or did I make too much sense for your mind to take

Rock has been dead for a while. Now you mostly get these hybrid indie dance bands.

about the COS article, lolla isn't even close to ultra...at least ultra has live set both in the underground scene and pop edm scene. The crowd fan base is obviously the same.

Listen, you also have to realize a lot of the great bands from the 90s are older now and some not around anymore. You only have so many choices as time goes on to choose from. How many bands are out there like the Cure still together touring around the clock? Maybe a few classic rockers like Rush can still do it...but shit, you can't find a lot that would then FIT the lolla theme.

rock bands suck now a days. sorry, all the innovation has moved into electronic music and computers. The great bands from 20,30,40 are becoming more far and in between. Eventually you have to hand over the reigns to these bands like arcade fire, killers, kol, etc et by default. Unfortunately, the product and musicianship isn't the same. A lot of rock music has already been done. Rock music doesn't really have that much else where to go. Its just the reality of it. You guys should search the other festival forum because there are a lot of other better festivals to attend anyways around the globe.

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by iamthehorn View Post
    best post so far.

My favorite thing about the bee is when random percentages come falling out of his/her ass.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Quote Originally Posted by homersexual View Post
    Rock has been dead for a while. Now you mostly get these hybrid indie dance bands.

about the COS article, lolla isn't even close to ultra...at least ultra has live set both in the underground scene and pop edm scene. The crowd fan base is obviously the same.

Listen, you also have to realize a lot of the great bands from the 90s are older now and some not around anymore. You only have so many choices as time goes on to choose from. How many bands are out there like the Cure still together touring around the clock? Maybe a few classic rockers like Rush can still do it...but shit, you can't find a lot that would then FIT the lolla theme.

rock bands suck now a days. sorry, all the innovation has moved into electronic music and computers. The great bands from 20,30,40 are becoming more far and in between. Eventually you have to hand over the reigns to these bands like arcade fire, killers, kol, etc et by default. Unfortunately, the product and musicianship isn't the same. A lot of rock music has already been done. Rock music doesn't really have that much else where to go. Its just the reality of it. You guys should search the other festival forum because there are a lot of other better festivals to attend anyways around the globe.

...Corky?

Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    Most of the people who attend Coachella ARE from surrounding areas, you fucking dumb piece of shit.
    Hey douche hole, more than half do not even come from california. Therefore, majority is from outside the surrounding area.make better sense?

douche hole

This might be the most hilariously atrocious lineup I've ever seen in my life. The Lolla crowd will be the worst of all time this year, that's obvious.

Also, I'm now very afraid of what C3 has in store for ACL

Quote Originally Posted by presclinton View Post
    This might be the most hilariously atrocious lineup I've ever seen in my life. The Lolla crowd will be the worst of all time this year, that's obvious.

i wish there was a way to boot them out out Chicago.

Lolla have unsuccessfully spent 20 years trying to land Neil Young. Pearl Jam would be a "get". Timberlake would be a unique festival booking even if you aren't a fan.
    If this is true, then how did ACL land Neil Young? Both fests are run by C3... Does Neil Young just hate Chicago..?

If they do two weekends again this year, I'll opt for sloppy seconds given how ridiculously cheap Weekend 2 tix went for sale last October on CL.

Quote Originally Posted by Electrotek View Post
    If they do two weekends again this year, I'll opt for sloppy seconds given how ridiculously cheap Weekend 2 tix went for sale last October on CL.
    They are doing 2 weekends, 10/3-5 & 10/10-12. Barring a huge/unique act on the top line, I'll be doing the same.

I think it's time we vote Lolla out of 'the big 4'. Outside Lands can take its place

I think it's time we vote Lolla out of 'the big 4'. Outside Lands can take its place
    I was just thinking the same thing. If OSL puts together another great line-up this year, they should make it the big 5 conversation.

I didn't realize ACL was in the same league as the big 3. When did that happen?
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    When the 2014 lolla lineup dropped
    CHECK OUT HOW ME AND MY BORING FRIENDS EXPERIENCE COACHELLA!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7FL8IWFxMU

the hypocrisy is deafening at CoS.
    http://consequenceofsound.net/2014/0...one-day-later/

"Long known for quality lineups brimming with critically acclaimed acts from top to bottom, the festival now finds itself the butt of jokes due to the questionable booking of subheadliners that aren’t actually subheadliners. You’re not alone in asking why Broken Bells is the fourth act on Friday. Or, why Calvin Harris, Disclosure, and Lana Del Rey make up three of the festival’s top five acts on Sunday. Yes, acts such as Disclosure and HAIM had rapid ascents over the last 12 months, but if this was three or five years ago, it’s hard to imagine either billed so high."

http://consequenceofsound.net/2014/0...one-day-later/
    "Lollapalooza’s 2014 lineup is not bad, it’s just not for you. (Though, considering it’s completely sold out, maybe it is.) And more likely than not, that’ll continue to be the case for the years to come, as the festival veers more toward the path of Ultra Music Festival than Coachella. There’s still a lot to appreciate about this year’s lineup, you just have to dig a little deeper, work a little harder. But, after all, isn’t that what being a diehard is all about?"

they shit on coachella for having broken bells as our 4th act of friday yet nothing is said about fucking krewella being the 4th act on saturday. And wtf is he saying here? Yes, acts such as Disclosure and HAIM had rapid ascents over the last 12 months, but if this was three or five years ago, it’s hard to imagine either billed so high." Thats the most idiotic post I've ever read in my entire life. Even though he's trying to say that 5 years ago lineups were more stacked than now because newbies who see meteoric rises wouldn't be billed so high because lineups are so stacked its still a dumb fucking comment. In 2010 Vampire Weekend had what one album and was billed 4th. That's not any different than HAIM being billed 9th on their day...

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Christ, what a shitshow.

2014 LINEUP BY DAY
    By Day

FRIDAY, AUGUST 1
    EMINEM ARCTIC MONKEYS LORDE
    ZEDD ABOVE & BEYOND BROKEN BELLS INTERPOL
    LYKKE LI PHANTOGRAM CHVRCHES THE GLITCH MOB PORTUGAL. THE MAN DIMITRI VEGAS & LIKE MIKE AFI J. RODDY WALSTON & THE BUSINESS THE KOOKS RUDIMENTAL IGGY AZALEA BOMBAY BICYCLE CLUB WARPAINT KODALINE SANDER KLEINENBERG LUCIUS BLOOD ORANGE PERRY/ETTY VS JOACHIM GARRAUD JAGWAR MA TEMPLES VIC MENSA FRANCISCA VALENZUELA INTO IT. OVER IT. COURTNEY BARNETT SAN FERMIN ROADKILL GHOST CHOIR
    BRILLZ JACOB PLANT THE SO SO GLOS
    CASH CASH BEBE REXHA WALLPAPER. DUGAS
    BAGHEERA OF VERONA HIGHLY SUSPECT

SATURDAY, AUGUST 2
    OUTKAST CALVIN HARRIS FOSTER THE PEOPLE KREWELLA
    NAS SPOON THE HEAD AND THE HEART CHASE & STATUS CUT / COPY FITZ & THE TANTRUMS GROUPLOVE GRAMATIK JENNY LEWIS MANCHESTER ORCHESTRA JOHN BUTLER TRIO MARTIN GARRIX PHOSPHORESCENT DUKE DUMONT THE TEMPER TRAP JOACHIM GARRAUD TYPHOON Z-TRIP KATE NASH VANCE JOY RICH HOMIE QUAN PARQUET COURTS SMALLPOOLS JUNGLE WILDCAT! WILDCAT! PAPA THE DISTRICTS HEROBUST ROYAL BLOOD RATKING MEG MYERS JOYWAVE DESERT NOISES JON BATISTE AND STAY HUMAN BENJAMIN BOOKER
    THE LAST INTERNATIONALE JOHNNYSWIM CHARLIE HIRSCH ANNA LUNOE ROCKY BUSINESS

SUNDAY, AUGUST 3
    KINGS OF LEON SKRILLEX THE AVETT BROTHERS SEBASTIAN INGROSSO CHILDISH GAMBINO CAGE THE ELEPHANT YOUNG THE GIANT CHANCE THE RAPPER FLOSSTRADAMUS
    CHROMEO DARKSIDE THE 1975 REBELUTION
    GLEN HANSARD GESAFFELSTEIN FLUME TROMBONE SHORTY & ORLEANS AVENUE RUN THE JEWELS THE AIRBORNE TOXIC EVENT LONDON GRAMMAR WHITE DENIM DELTA RAE RAC GTA JHENÉ AIKO KONGOS NONONO GEMINI CLUB CRIZZLY BOMBA ESTÉREO BLEACHERS
    BEAR HANDS KAUSEA BRONZE RADIO RETURN LINDSAY LOWEND BETTY WHO FLY GOLDEN EAGLE CRASS MAMMOTH CARDIKNOX SPACE CAPONE PLASTIC VISIONS OYINDA
    terrible, just terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    Well, I've never heard 'big 3', I always see 'big 4' being thrown around. But, whatever. Not like it matters right?

I'm surprised so many of you give a shit about what some dbag Cos writer says about your festival.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Bonobo (DJ set) - 10/10 - The Mohawk
    Screaming Females - 10/23 - Red 7
    Caribou & Jessy Lanza - 11/23 - The Mohawk