Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Lollapalooza 2014

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

Default Re: Lollapalooza 2014

Quote Originally Posted by homersexual View Post
    what? do you guys expect festivals to have bands like nin or the cure available to them every year? Its a down year for most US festivals imo. Next year might be better or worst. It just depends on who will be touring. I guess Daft Punk doesn't do festivals or tour especially after coming out witha new album unlike 99% of all bands. So in theory, you could of had them at every festival this year.

so yeah, there just aren't that many heavy hitters touring this year besides outkast...wtf you gonna do?
    I know that you think your thoughts are good thoughts. However, they are bad thoughts.
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

Hahahahahahaha. I love Lollapalooza, but hahahahahahahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    Can't wait to see how CoS spins this, since they're constantly sucking Lolla's dick being biased towards them all the time.
    "For the third straight year, it's becoming increasingly evident that Coachella booked the weakest lineup of the Big 4 festivals, as Lollapalooza outdoes itself with an exclusive Eminem booking and having the guts to promote Skrillex and Calvin Harris to headliners, truly setting new trends for future festivals. Our biggest surprise is the return of The Avett Brothers to the festival scene, who with any luck, will be able to replicate Mumford and Sons' majestic and revolutionary set last year."

Also expect zero mentions of Pitchfork Fest and its superiority, since CoS is a Pitchfork competitor.

revolutionary
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

I think we're all ignoring the exclusive Phantogram booking.
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 5 - Seth Troxler
    September 9 - Black Vice
    September 11 - Earthless
    September 14 - Lily Allen
    September 16 - Earth
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    September 23 - Andy Stott
    October 2 - Beck
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Festival
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 15 - Primus
    November 18 - Slayer

Quote Originally Posted by thepiratepenguin View Post
    Hahahahahahaha. I love Lollapalooza, but hahahahahahahaha.

"For the third straight year, it's becoming increasingly evident that Coachella booked the weakest lineup of the Big 4 festivals, as Lollapalooza outdoes itself with an exclusive Eminem booking and having the guts to promote Skrillex and Calvin Harris to headliners, truly setting new trends for future festivals. Our biggest surprise is the return of The Avett Brothers to the festival scene, who with any luck, will be able to replicate Mumford and Sons' majestic and revolutionary set last year."

Also expect zero mentions of Pitchfork Fest and its superiority, since CoS is a Pitchfork competitor.
    Holy spin. If Lolla 2014 is the future of festivals, we are all fucked. Funny they talk about the big 4 when ACL hasn't even posted a line-up yet.

Lineup stinks. I'm surprised that Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Modest Mouse and The Replacements aren't on it.

Wish Courtney Barnett was playing Pitchfork instead.
    We're here to play some Mississippi Delta Blues. We're in a horrible depression, and I gotta admit - we're starting to like it.

Quote Originally Posted by zircona1 View Post
    Lineup stinks. I'm surprised that Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Modest Mouse and The Replacements aren't on it.

Wish Courtney Barnett was playing Pitchfork instead.
    Very happy for her as a late add-on to the Coachella lineup!
    CHECK OUT HOW ME AND MY BORING FRIENDS EXPERIENCE COACHELLA!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7FL8IWFxMU

Quote Originally Posted by Vasoline Groove View Post
    Holy spin. If Lolla 2014 is the future of festivals, we are all fucked. Funny they talk about the big 4 when ACL hasn't even posted a line-up yet.
    Well, it's not real.

Yeah, I made that shit up, but I'm probably not that far off from what they'll say.

Crap line up. I'm still going because I have too many friends going and whatever. I'll have fun, but I'm currently going through the undercard to see if there's anything redeeming. There are some acts I want to see that Coachella doesn't have, but overall it's the worst Fest line up of 2014 easily.

Lolla is all about headliners, and the headliners are trash.

Also, how the hell did Lorde go from unknown to super famous in less than a year? I dont hate her . . . but she's practically headlining Lolla this year. I just dont get it.

Quote Originally Posted by thepiratepenguin View Post
    Yeah, I made that shit up, but I'm probably not that far off from what they'll say.
    Good stuff.

Also. I just dont get Arctic Monkeys. They really aren't that amazing. Is this all Rock n Roll has to offer anymore? I mean shit . . .

Arctic monkeys barely have any sold out dates on their tour. They aren't a headliner .
    Spicy pie is mainstream shit.

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

And all 3-day and single day tickets are sold out. Who is buying a ticket for this shit?
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 5 - Seth Troxler
    September 9 - Black Vice
    September 11 - Earthless
    September 14 - Lily Allen
    September 16 - Earth
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    September 23 - Andy Stott
    October 2 - Beck
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Festival
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 15 - Primus
    November 18 - Slayer

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

i think it's pretty obvious that people who are fans of ther six headliners are buying tickets to this.

if you don't think that this lineup is a commercial goldmine then you shouldn't be posting.
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Quote Originally Posted by heart cooks brain View Post
    i think it's pretty obvious that people who are fans of ther six headliners are buying tickets to this.

if you don't think that this lineup is a commercial goldmine then you shouldn't be posting.
    This. I don't get why people are asking how this is selling out when the artists listed are capable of selling out arena tours. Everybody who only wants to hear 'Hey Ya' and 'Roses' can now see all their bubblegum commercial headliners and hear those songs, too.
    CHECK OUT HOW ME AND MY BORING FRIENDS EXPERIENCE COACHELLA!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7FL8IWFxMU

Coachella trade machine:

Martin Garrix / Lana Del Rey / Sleighbells
    for
    Interpol / Lykke Li / John Butler Trio
    April: Weekend 1
    May: I Break Horses, Armin Van Buuren, Gesaffelstein
    June: Low End Theory Festival, World Cup in Brazil - USA vs. Portugal

Quote Originally Posted by jgafs View Post
    Coachella trade machine:

for
    Agreed

I think the festival economy has reached this point:

To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

Remember when everyone had the same complaints about the festival market in 08? Yeah...
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

I'm fully expecting every Lollapalooza lineup to be similar to this from now on. If Lollapalooza figured out this shit sells then why not do it every year then? Sorry Lolla diehards.
    Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    I'm fully expecting every Lollapalooza lineup to be similar to this from now on. If Lollapalooza figured out this shit sells then why not do it every year then? Sorry Lolla diehards.
    why doesn't every festival do this every year then? it's not like lolla accidentally stumbled on this money making machine. coachella sells out no matter what, 2 weekends, even, and we still expect them to put together solid bills.i expect next year to be serviceable. i've only gone to lolla one day since 2010 anyway. it's not like they've been killing it, outside of getting the cure last year. sabbath was a good booking as well.
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

I wonder why the headliner rumors omitted Outkast. The others were all spot on.

last year the cure and nin were held back. greg kot leaks info directly from C3, and he leaks it in a way that will drive an instant 3-day pass sellout while still holding back a big get. outkast is a big get in the context of this godawful set of headiners.

jesus, do you guy know how many fucking kids come into grant park from the suburbs? Chicago is insanely massive city!!! YES!!! lots of little kids growing up right before our eyes at perrys. Its fucking insane how young the crowd is at lolla. you think those arrogant kids coming FROM THE BURBS have really had enough time in they're loves to discover great music? They just take whatever the corporate shithead give them. They DON"T GIVE A FUCK BECAUSE THEY'RE YOUNG AND JUST LEARNING.

Lolla is a noob fest. Its pretty awesome its only 225-250 because for people who live in city, its not a big deal for veterans to shell out cash for a few days of fun even though most of the bands suck. But the lineup fucking blows and will always blow....this whole year blows for main stream festivals....

I WOULD NOT TRAVEL THIS YEAR AND WASTE MONEY AND VACATION TIME ON THIS FESTIVAL!!! ok! again, this noob fest is not worth traveling to, but if you live in chicago(not the burbs), its not a big deal. But yes, fucking suburban kids rape this shit and thankfully there are other festivals happening in chicafo over the summer. fuck my typing skills

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Farnsworth View Post
    No, no he isn't. I'll counter "Lose Yourself" with every single song he's released since then. Don't confuse his technical ability at rapping with the quality of music he actually puts out.
    Browski, he's headlining the fucking festival. In other words: he'll be illustrating his technical rapping abilities live, in fucking person, playing tracks from his entire catalog. He is nothing short of phenomenal live and he's worth the price of admission alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Farnsworth View Post
    How is it a "brilliant" booking when they're literally at 40 festivals this year? What is brilliant about that? I'd also argue that it's not on par with Coachella simply because it's not going to be the first show (or second show) they've played in over 10 years.
    Nobody gives a fuck that they played a show the day before, in some other city, at some sold out festival, that they weren't even at. Outkast is a brilliant booking every fucking day of the week - second to none.
    "ain't no thang but a chicken wang"

Quote Originally Posted by jgafs View Post
    Coachella trade machine:

for
    Thats the trade you want? How about coachella gets back Gessafelstein, London Grammar and Jungle.

Quote Originally Posted by jumpstart View Post
    jesus, do you guy know how many fucking kids come into grant park from the suburbs? Chicago is insanely massive city!!! YES!!! lots of little kids growing up right before our eyes at perrys. Its fucking insane how young the crowd is at lolla. you think those arrogant kids coming FROM THE BURBS have really had enough time in they're loves to discover great music? They just take whatever the corporate shithead give them. They DON"T GIVE A FUCK BECAUSE THEY'RE YOUNG AND JUST LEARNING.

Lolla is a noob fest. Its pretty awesome its only 225-250 because for people who live in city, its not a big deal for veterans to shell out cash for a few days of fun even though most of the bands suck. But the lineup fucking blows and will always blow....this whole year blows for main stream festivals....

I WOULD NOT TRAVEL THIS YEAR AND WASTE MONEY AND VACATION TIME ON THIS FESTIVAL!!! ok! again, this noob fest is not worth traveling to, but if you live in chicago(not the burbs), its not a big deal. But yes, fucking suburban kids rape this shit and thankfully there are other festivals happening in chicafo over the summer. fuck my typing skills
    Midwest kids rape this thing. Stats on attendance are probably similar to Coachella, in that most of the peopel who attend are not from the surrounding areas.

and Outkast is not a brilliant booking if everyone else had the same idea, and got it to come true.

edit: so what the hell happened to Nick Cave, maybe he saw who else was on the line up and passed. Same with Timberlake.

Quote Originally Posted by jumpstart View Post

This is the Lollapalooza 2014 of comments.

Wasn't aware there was such thing as a "noob fest"...

I have so much to learn...
    Friday: Outkast, The Replacements, Girl Talk, Chromeo, AFI, The Afghan Whigs, Bastille, Jagwar Ma, Grouplove, Caravan Palace
    Saturday: Muse, QOTSA, Pharrell, Foster the People, Empire of the Sun, Kid Cudi, Sleigh Bells, Cage the Elephant, CHVRCHES, Capitol Cities, Temples, Bombay Bicycle Club, Holy Ghost!, Bear Hands
    Sunday: Arcade Fire, Beck, Neutral Milk Hotel, Trombone Shorty, Frank Turner, Surfer Blood, J Roddy Walston

[QUOTE=superfan;2881404]Thats the trade you want? How about coachella gets back Gessafelstein, London Grammar and Jungle.

I'm down with them too.

Shit, I'd trade Kid Cudi for Parquet Courts all day, everyday.
    April: Weekend 1
    May: I Break Horses, Armin Van Buuren, Gesaffelstein
    June: Low End Theory Festival, World Cup in Brazil - USA vs. Portugal