Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 180 of 336

Thread: Lollapalooza 2014

  1. #151

    Default Re: Lollapalooza 2014

    These headliners are historically bad.

    Eminem played in 2011 and was ungood
    Outkast is solid if you can't catch them at Forecastle or Milwaukeefest (or Coachella, or Governors Ball, or Firefly, or Voodoo, etc)
    Kings of Leon are shit
    Skrillex is 8th at Bonnaroo and third on his (weak) day at Coachella
    Arctic Monkeys - fine band, questionable headliner, 9th at Bonnaroo
    Calvin Fucking Harris - played a pre-HL set in 2012.

    Even if you're REALLY into Eminem and radiorock or untz, that's just objectively bad and unimaginative. But most people here realize that.

  2. #152
    old school Spooks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,025

    Default Re: Lollapalooza 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by iamthehorn View Post
    These headliners are historically bad.

    Eminem played in 2011 and was ungood
    Outkast is solid if you can't catch them at Forecastle or Milwaukeefest (or Coachella, or Governors Ball, or Firefly, or Voodoo, etc)
    Kings of Leon are shit
    Skrillex is 8th at Bonnaroo and third on his (weak) day at Coachella
    Arctic Monkeys - fine band, questionable headliner, 9th at Bonnaroo
    Calvin Fucking Harris - played a pre-HL set in 2012.

    Even if you're REALLY into Eminem and radiorock or untz, that's just objectively bad and unimaginative. But most people here realize that.
    You can add Coldplay, Muse, Arcade Fire, Black Keys, the Killers, Hova/Yeezy and etc on that list and American festivals will keep recycling the headliners every few years!

    7/22 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Prospect Park
    7/23 Witch @ MHOW
    7/24 Teenage Fanclub @ Pier 84
    7/24 Lauren Ritter @ TBA
    7/25 Nick Cave @ Prospect Park
    7/26 Cell Injection/Black Asteroid @ Output



    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

  3. #153
    Coachella Junkie Miroir Noir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Zip City
    Posts
    7,305

    Default Re: Lollapalooza 2014

    Go fuck a beehive, spooks. The big international festivals have the same fucking headliners that play Coachella and Bonnaroo, plus the assorted Biffy Clyros of the world.

    I am happy that you've entered the enlightened "I like to go smaller, more specialized festivals" part of your existence as a music consumer. Please fuck off to the respective boards or forums of any of those festivals.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

  4. #154
    Member Larry Farnsworth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    The Nutmeg State.
    Posts
    619

    Default Re: Lollapalooza 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Spooks View Post
    You can add Coldplay, Muse, Arcade Fire, Black Keys, the Killers, Hova/Yeezy and etc on that list and American festivals will keep recycling the headliners every few years!
    Jesus Christ shut the fuck up, Hiro. Nobody gives a shit that you're oh-so-worldly and know that festivals exist outside of America. Go back to desperately pinging musicians on Twitter and pretending to like electronic music, you fucking twat.
    Quote Originally Posted by baily View Post
    Eat a dick on that or did I make too much sense for your mind to take

  5. #155
    Coachella Junkie Miroir Noir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Zip City
    Posts
    7,305

    Default Re: Lollapalooza 2014

    Hiro . . . this one's for you:

    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

  6. #156

    Default Re: Lollapalooza 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post
    Go fuck a beehive, spooks. .
    A bummblebee spooks hybrid? Oh the horror ::shutters::
    you are soooooooo good lookin

  7. #157
    old school kvnty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    DreamLAnd
    Posts
    3,368

    Default Re: Lollapalooza 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post
    Go fuck a beehive
    I may have to borrow this one in the (near) future.
    Quote Originally Posted by fakekvnty View Post
    All you ladybois want inside this pink slip
    Quote Originally Posted by fakekvnty View Post
    You bitchez will all CUM-ba-ya when y'all see my pee-shooter.
    Follow kvn†y on instagram :: "Lorde is my shepherd. I shall not want."

  8. #158
    Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    9,119

    Default Re: Lollapalooza 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Spooks View Post
    You can add Coldplay, Muse, Arcade Fire, Black Keys, the Killers, Hova/Yeezy and etc on that list and American festivals will keep recycling the headliners every few years!
    I'd love to see what shit you would produce if you tried to curate your own festival.
    July 29 - Boris
    August 1 - Black Label Society
    August 14 - Nine Inch Nails/Soundgarden/DEP
    August 27 - Röyksopp & Robyn
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 5 - Seth Troxler
    September 14 - Lily Allen
    September 16 - Earth
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 12 - Austin City Limits: Day 3
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Metal Festival
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 23 - Caribou

  9. #159
    old school Spooks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,025

    Default Re: Lollapalooza 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post
    Go fuck a beehive, spooks. The big international festivals have the same fucking headliners that play Coachella and Bonnaroo, plus the assorted Biffy Clyros of the world.

    I am happy that you've entered the enlightened "I like to go smaller, more specialized festivals" part of your existence as a music consumer. Please fuck off to the respective boards or forums of any of those festivals.
    Please tell everyone what festivals (other than Coachella) you have been to and how many shows you've seen the past 5 years and we can talk.

    ps What happened to your location? Zip City?

    7/22 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Prospect Park
    7/23 Witch @ MHOW
    7/24 Teenage Fanclub @ Pier 84
    7/24 Lauren Ritter @ TBA
    7/25 Nick Cave @ Prospect Park
    7/26 Cell Injection/Black Asteroid @ Output



    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

  10. #160
    old school Spooks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,025

    Default Re: Lollapalooza 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    I'd love to see what shit you would produce if you tried to curate your own festival.
    You're going to Sonar! Come back and tell us how amazing it was...no really.

    7/22 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Prospect Park
    7/23 Witch @ MHOW
    7/24 Teenage Fanclub @ Pier 84
    7/24 Lauren Ritter @ TBA
    7/25 Nick Cave @ Prospect Park
    7/26 Cell Injection/Black Asteroid @ Output



    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

  11. #161
    Coachella Junkie Miroir Noir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Zip City
    Posts
    7,305

    Default Re: Lollapalooza 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Spooks View Post
    Please tell everyone what festivals (other than Coachella) you have been to and how many shows you've seen the past 5 years and we can talk.
    What would be the point of that? One of many differences between you and I is that I give no one any more or less social currency based on how many goddamn shows or festivals they've attended.

    What you seem to be missing is that my disagreement is less with any substantive point you are making, and more with the completely irritating and transparent way that you make almost any point with.

    Quote Originally Posted by Spooks View Post
    ps What happened to your location? Zip City?
    Though you are probably convinced I am hiding my status as a resident of the hinterlands to avoid your deeply cutting state-based personal attacks, it is merely a reference to a song I like.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

  12. #162

    Default Re: Lollapalooza 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Spooks View Post
    You can add Coldplay, Muse, Arcade Fire, Black Keys, the Killers, Hova/Yeezy and etc on that list and American festivals will keep recycling the headliners every few years!
    Don't all those headliners get recycled through European fests too?

  13. #163
    old school Spooks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,025

    Default Re: Lollapalooza 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post
    Go fuck a beehive, spooks. The big international festivals have the same fucking headliners that play Coachella and Bonnaroo, plus the assorted Biffy Clyros of the world.

    I am happy that you've entered the enlightened "I like to go smaller, more specialized festivals" part of your existence as a music consumer. Please fuck off to the respective boards or forums of any of those festivals.
    Let's see for Roskilde Festival the past 10 years....aside from couple repeats, they do a nice job of booking different headliners plus the undercards for European festivals are much stronger than here.

    2003 22–29 June 107,000 Iron Maiden • Blur • Coldplay • Metallica • Massive Attack • Queens Of The Stone Age • Björk • Dave Gahan • Zwan
    2004 27 June – 4 July 106,000 David Bowie (cancelled) • Muse • Santana • Wu-Tang Clan • Iggy Pop • Avril Lavigne • N*E*R*D • Slipknot • KoRn
    2005 26 June – 3 July 97,000 Black Sabbath • Brian Wilson • Foo Fighters • Green Day • Duran Duran • Snoop Dogg • D-A-D • Kent
    2006 25 June – 2 July 110,000 Bob Dylan • Guns N' Roses • Roger Waters • Morrissey • Tool • The Strokes • Kanye West • Franz Ferdinand • The Streets
    2007 1–8 July 110,000 The Who • Red Hot Chili Peppers • Muse • Beastie Boys • Queens of the Stone Age • Björk • Tiesto • Nephew
    2008 29 June – 6 July 93,000 Kings of Leon • Radiohead • Jay-Z • Neil Young • Judas Priest • Slayer • The Chemical Brothers • Grinderman • My Bloody Valentine
    2009 28 June – 5 July 110,000 Coldplay • Oasis • Kanye West • Nine Inch Nails • Faith No More • Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds • Pet Shop Boys • Slipknot • Trentemøller
    2010 27 June – 4 July 125,000 Prince • Gorillaz • Muse • The Prodigy • Patti Smith • Them Crooked Vultures • Jack Johnson • Nephew
    2011 30 June – 3 July 130,000 Iron Maiden • Kings of Leon • Arctic Monkeys • Mastodon • M.I.A • PJ Harvey • The Strokes • Portishead
    2012 30 June – 8 July NA Bruce Springsteen • The Cure • Björk • Bon Iver • Mew • The Roots • Jack White
    43 2013 29 June – 7 July NA Metallica • Kraftwerk • The National • Queens Of The Stone Age • Rihanna • Sigur Rós • Slipknot

    Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post
    What would be the point of that? One of many differences between you and I is that I give no one any more or less social currency based on how many goddamn shows or festivals they've attended.

    What you seem to be missing is that my disagreement is less with any substantive point you are making, and more with the completely irritating and transparent way that you make almost any point with.
    If you never been to other festivals, why are we even having this conversation? I'll end it here.

    ps Do you like Coachella or Primavera's line up?

    7/22 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Prospect Park
    7/23 Witch @ MHOW
    7/24 Teenage Fanclub @ Pier 84
    7/24 Lauren Ritter @ TBA
    7/25 Nick Cave @ Prospect Park
    7/26 Cell Injection/Black Asteroid @ Output



    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

  14. #164
    Coachella Junkie Miroir Noir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Zip City
    Posts
    7,305

    Default Re: Lollapalooza 2014

    So the argument you are making is that in order to assess the respective quality of various festival lineups, you have to attend (an unspecified) number of the festivals in person?

    Like, do I need to suffer through Rocklahoma in person before being qualified to declare that its lineup sucks? Do I need to travel to Barcelona before being able to say Primavera is awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

  15. #165
    Coachella Junkie Miroir Noir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Zip City
    Posts
    7,305

    Default Re: Lollapalooza 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Spooks View Post
    Let's see for Roskilde Festival the past 10 years....aside from couple repeats, they do a nice job of booking different headliners plus the undercards for European festivals are much stronger than here.

    2003 22–29 June 107,000 Iron Maiden • Blur^ • Coldplay^ • Metallica • Massive Attack^ • Queens Of The Stone Age^ • Björk^ • Dave Gahan • Zwan
    2004 27 June – 4 July 106,000 David Bowie (cancelled) • Muse^ • Santana • Wu-Tang Clan^ • Iggy Pop • Avril Lavigne • N*E*R*D • Slipknot • KoRn
    2005 26 June – 3 July 97,000 Black Sabbath • Brian Wilson • Foo Fighters^ • Green Day • Duran Duran^ • Snoop Dogg^ • D-A-D • Kent
    2006 25 June – 2 July 110,000 Bob Dylan • Guns N' Roses • Roger Waters^ • Morrissey^ • Tool^ • The Strokes^ • Kanye West^ • Franz Ferdinand^ • The Streets
    2007 1–8 July 110,000 The Who • Red Hot Chili Peppers^ • Muse^ • Beastie Boys^ • Queens of the Stone Age^ • Björk^ • Tiesto^ • Nephew
    2008 29 June – 6 July 93,000 Kings of Leon^ • Radiohead^ • Jay-Z^ • Neil Young • Judas Priest • Slayer • The Chemical Brothers^ • Grinderman^ • My Bloody Valentine^
    2009 28 June – 5 July 110,000 Coldplay^ • Oasis^ • Kanye West^ • Nine Inch Nails^ • Faith No More^ • Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds^ • Pet Shop Boys^ • Slipknot • Trentemøller^
    2010 27 June – 4 July 125,000 Prince^ • Gorillaz^ • Muse^ • The Prodigy^ • Patti Smith • Them Crooked Vultures^ • Jack Johnson^ • Nephew
    2011 30 June – 3 July 130,000 Iron Maiden • Kings of Leon^ • Arctic Monkeys^ • Mastodon • M.I.A^ • PJ Harvey^ • The Strokes^ • Portishead^
    2012 30 June – 8 July NA Bruce Springsteen • The Cure^ • Björk^ • Bon Iver^ • Mew • The Roots^ • Jack White
    43 2013 29 June – 7 July NA Metallica • Kraftwerk^ • The National^ • Queens Of The Stone Age^ • Rihanna • Sigur Rós^ • Slipknot
    ^ Denotes act that has played Coachella

    Fuck. Off.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

  16. #166
    Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    nomad's land
    Posts
    9,841

    Default Re: Lollapalooza 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Spooks View Post
    Let's see for Roskilde Festival the past 10 years....aside from couple repeats, they do a nice job of booking different headliners plus the undercards for European festivals are much stronger than here.

    2003 22–29 June 107,000 Iron Maiden • Blur • Coldplay • Metallica • Massive Attack • Queens Of The Stone Age • Björk • Dave Gahan • Zwan
    2004 27 June – 4 July 106,000 David Bowie (cancelled) • Muse • Santana • Wu-Tang Clan • Iggy Pop • Avril Lavigne • N*E*R*D • Slipknot • KoRn
    2005 26 June – 3 July 97,000 Black Sabbath • Brian Wilson • Foo Fighters • Green Day • Duran Duran • Snoop Dogg • D-A-D • Kent
    2006 25 June – 2 July 110,000 Bob Dylan • Guns N' Roses • Roger Waters • Morrissey • Tool • The Strokes • Kanye West • Franz Ferdinand • The Streets
    2007 1–8 July 110,000 The Who • Red Hot Chili Peppers • Muse • Beastie Boys • Queens of the Stone Age • Björk • Tiesto • Nephew
    2008 29 June – 6 July 93,000 Kings of Leon • Radiohead • Jay-Z • Neil Young • Judas Priest • Slayer • The Chemical Brothers • Grinderman • My Bloody Valentine
    2009 28 June – 5 July 110,000 Coldplay • Oasis • Kanye West • Nine Inch Nails • Faith No More • Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds • Pet Shop Boys • Slipknot • Trentemøller
    2010 27 June – 4 July 125,000 Prince • Gorillaz • Muse • The Prodigy • Patti Smith • Them Crooked Vultures • Jack Johnson • Nephew
    2011 30 June – 3 July 130,000 Iron Maiden • Kings of Leon • Arctic Monkeys • Mastodon • M.I.A • PJ Harvey • The Strokes • Portishead
    2012 30 June – 8 July NA Bruce Springsteen • The Cure • Björk • Bon Iver • Mew • The Roots • Jack White
    43 2013 29 June – 7 July NA Metallica • Kraftwerk • The National • Queens Of The Stone Age • Rihanna • Sigur Rós • Slipknot



    If you never been to other festivals, why are we even having this conversation? I'll end it here.

    ps Do you like Coachella or Primavera's line up?
    make sure not to take into accout corssover between euro fests. like how glasto had 2 of the 3 roskilde headliners in 2010. i'm sure there are other examples. the point is you have a negligible point at best and traveling to europe for music festivals is simply not feasible for the vast majority of people. stick to posting press releases. i don't know why anyone ever tried to get you away from that. it's been to our detriment.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

  17. #167
    old school Spooks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,025

    Default Re: Lollapalooza 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by heart cooks brain View Post
    make sure not to take into accout corssover between euro fests. like how glasto had 2 of the 3 roskilde headliners in 2010. i'm sure there are other examples. the point is you have a negligible point at best and traveling to europe for music festivals is simply not feasible for the vast majority of people. stick to posting press releases. i don't know why anyone ever tried to get you away from that. it's been to our detriment.
    I could give two shits if the headliners (except for Blur) are crap like last year! Undercards are what makes the festival interesting for me.

    7/22 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Prospect Park
    7/23 Witch @ MHOW
    7/24 Teenage Fanclub @ Pier 84
    7/24 Lauren Ritter @ TBA
    7/25 Nick Cave @ Prospect Park
    7/26 Cell Injection/Black Asteroid @ Output



    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

  18. #168
    Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    9,119

    Default Re: Lollapalooza 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Spooks View Post
    I could give two shits if the headliners (except for Blur) are crap like last year! Undercards are what makes the festival interesting for me.
    Then why are you focusing so much energy on headliners?
    July 29 - Boris
    August 1 - Black Label Society
    August 14 - Nine Inch Nails/Soundgarden/DEP
    August 27 - Röyksopp & Robyn
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 5 - Seth Troxler
    September 14 - Lily Allen
    September 16 - Earth
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 12 - Austin City Limits: Day 3
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Metal Festival
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 23 - Caribou

  19. #169
    old school theklein25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    2,741

    Default Re: Lollapalooza 2014

    I always find arguments by Spooks so fascinating because he manages to contradict himself without realizing it
    Follow me on Twitter at Klein25
    Spoon Aug 8 Hollywood
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern
    The Horrors Oct 14 Santa Ana

  20. #170

    Default Re: Lollapalooza 2014

    lolla is F'ed every year now because pitchfork is stepping its game up more and more every year and will take away all the interesting undercards year in and year out. Lolla is all about the headliners. They have 2 stages for 2 headliners a night..duh!

  21. #171

    Default Re: Lollapalooza 2014

    Thread is almost as bad as the headliners.

  22. #172
    old school Drewski27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    California's Elbow
    Posts
    5,085

    Default Re: Lollapalooza 2014

    Spooks, just stop.
    Quote Originally Posted by EmberVega View Post
    You guys are mean. Sexy people are not meant to be smart.

    August 1 - Echo and the Bunnymen - Orpheum
    August 4 - Arcade Fire - SB Bowl
    August 23/24 - FYF Fest - Expo park
    October 3/4 - Desert Stars - Pioneertown
    October 17 - Massive Attack - SB Bowl
    November 8 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    November 9 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    April 10/11/12 - Coachella wknd 1 - Indio

  23. #173
    old school Drewski27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    California's Elbow
    Posts
    5,085

    Default Re: Lollapalooza 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by iamthehorn View Post
    Eminem played in 2011 and was ungood
    really?
    Quote Originally Posted by EmberVega View Post
    You guys are mean. Sexy people are not meant to be smart.

    August 1 - Echo and the Bunnymen - Orpheum
    August 4 - Arcade Fire - SB Bowl
    August 23/24 - FYF Fest - Expo park
    October 3/4 - Desert Stars - Pioneertown
    October 17 - Massive Attack - SB Bowl
    November 8 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    November 9 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    April 10/11/12 - Coachella wknd 1 - Indio

  24. #174
    Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    9,119

    Default Re: Lollapalooza 2014

    It wasn't bad, but energy was pretty low and it was just a bunch of medleys.
    July 29 - Boris
    August 1 - Black Label Society
    August 14 - Nine Inch Nails/Soundgarden/DEP
    August 27 - Röyksopp & Robyn
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 5 - Seth Troxler
    September 14 - Lily Allen
    September 16 - Earth
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 12 - Austin City Limits: Day 3
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Metal Festival
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 23 - Caribou

  25. #175
    ankle biter guedita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    EPA
    Posts
    23,024

    Default Re: Lollapalooza 2014

    I've been to enough underground techno warehouse parties in the last 6 months to say definitively that these are unimpressive headliners.

    8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

  26. #176

    Default Re: Lollapalooza 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    It wasn't bad, but energy was pretty low and it was just a bunch of medleys.
    Yeah, tbf I drank it fun, but have no desire to see him again.

  27. #177
    old school
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,966

    Default Re: Lollapalooza 2014

    Even promoters have complained about a shallow pool of headliners.

    What I find interesting is that US mainstream festival promoters seem reluctant to touch these acts, yet prefer to book other stuff 3 times in the span of a decade.

    Van Halen(Roth)
    Bruce
    Fleetwood
    Maiden
    Gaga
    Beyonce
    Who
    Prince
    Elton
    Billy Joel
    Rammstein
    Katy Perry
    Rihanna
    Timberlake
    Clapton

    Every major festival has it's own genre quirks so not everything would fit. I also find it weird Lolla has never touched Neil Young and Coachella hasn't done Pearl Jam while booking other major acts 3 times like Muse/AF/RHCP

  28. #178
    old school
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,966

    Default Re: Lollapalooza 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by heart cooks brain View Post
    it was bill ward, not sharon. he didn't sanction the sabbath shows and wouldn't let them sell merch with the sabbath name on it.
    Bill Ward has been a hired gun for 30 years or so, though he did ask that photos of him be removed from the Sabbath website. Iommi owns 100% of the BS name outright and Sharon is the final word on the tours.

  29. #179

    Default Re: Lollapalooza 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    Even promoters have complained about a shallow pool of headliners.

    What I find interesting is that US mainstream festival promoters seem reluctant to touch these acts, yet prefer to book other stuff 3 times in the span of a decade.

    Van Halen(Roth)
    Bruce
    Fleetwood
    Maiden
    Gaga
    Beyonce
    Who
    Prince
    Elton
    Billy Joel
    Rammstein
    Katy Perry
    Rihanna
    Timberlake
    Clapton

    Every major festival has it's own genre quirks so not everything would fit. I also find it weird Lolla has never touched Neil Young and Coachella hasn't done Pearl Jam while booking other major acts 3 times like Muse/AF/RHCP
    Lolla has a younger demographic compared to every festival I've personally been to. The youngsters are easily impressed by a lot of these kinds of headliners. They're freaking hero's to them!

  30. #180
    Member Larry Farnsworth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    The Nutmeg State.
    Posts
    619

    Default Re: Lollapalooza 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    Even promoters have complained about a shallow pool of headliners.

    What I find interesting is that US mainstream festival promoters seem reluctant to touch these acts, yet prefer to book other stuff 3 times in the span of a decade.

    Van Halen(Roth)
    Bruce
    Fleetwood
    Maiden
    Gaga
    Beyonce
    Who
    Prince
    Elton
    Billy Joel
    Rammstein
    Katy Perry
    Rihanna
    Timberlake
    Clapton

    Every major festival has it's own genre quirks so not everything would fit. I also find it weird Lolla has never touched Neil Young and Coachella hasn't done Pearl Jam while booking other major acts 3 times like Muse/AF/RHCP
    You're a fucking idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by baily View Post
    Eat a dick on that or did I make too much sense for your mind to take

Similar Threads

  1. Lollapalooza
    By Argel in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-18-2010, 04:44 PM
  2. Lollapalooza?
    By shaggyduck in forum Questions
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 05-02-2008, 11:49 AM
  3. Lollapalooza 2008
    By luckyface in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 177
    Last Post: 03-13-2008, 08:31 AM
  4. Lollapalooza '07
    By Vericuester in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07-12-2007, 05:25 PM
  5. Lollapalooza Tix
    By shotglass75 in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-03-2007, 08:19 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •