Thread: Lollapalooza 2015

Default Lollapalooza 2015

July 31-August 2

Possible expansion into Toronto as well, wonder how that will fare if the Toronto one will be held in August.

Wonder if this will restart a possible return as a touring festival as it was in the 90s and 2003?
    Last edited by Electrotek; 08-05-2014 at 01:17 PM.
    Catz n Dogz @ It'll Do 11/1 | Death From Above 1979 @ Granada Theater 11/8 | MSTRKRFT After-party 11/8 | Eats Everything @ Kingdom Austin 11/13 | Sasha @ It'll Do Dallas 11/22 | Caribou @ The Mohawk Austin 11/23

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

Default Re: Lollapalooza 2015

I think the Toronto expansion is just like the Brazil and Chile expansions. Chicago's been working exceptionally well for them for the last 10 years so I wouldn't see them give that up to take it around the country.

October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Festival
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 18 - Slayer
    November 19 - eyehategod
    January 31 - Mayhem/Watain

The Black Keys, Muse, and Kings of Leon will headline in some capacity because Lolla doesn't give a shit any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Electrotek View Post
    July 31-August 2

Possible expansion into Toronto as well, wonder how that will fare if the Toronto one will be held in August.

Wonder if this will restart a possible return as a touring festival as it was in the 90s and 2003?
    Youre funny. Why "dilute" the market that badly? And you really think they would attempt to do a 3 day festival across most major cities? You end up hurting the Chicago one by doing that. Who will travel there if the same event rolls around a couple weeks later? Also, locking up all of those artists will probably coat more due to competing festivals everywhere else. Essentially, you want Lolla to monopolize the festival market in the summer, I dont think it would go over that well.

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

there's a great opportunity for a loolapalooza monopoly board image here.

“Lollapoloza is surely coming to Toronto next August 2015, and it’ll be very interesting to see how that changes the summer landscape in our great city,” Cohen explained. “Honestly, we’ve never played by the industry sets of rules with regard to how things work in our venues, etc … being able to book a festival and at the same time also book some into our clubs is just an organic progression. But yes, we are absolutely self-sufficient in terms of how we do business and fiercely independent of the big players like C3, AEG, and Live Nation.”

In a follow-up interview with CoS, Cohen further confirmed rumors of a Lollapalooza Toronto, adding that it could take place the second week of August.

Reached for comment, Lollapalooza organizers C3 Presents said “nothing is confirmed,” but failed to address whether the festival is in fact considering the possibility.
    Sounds like the same lineup over two weekends.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by iamthehorn View Post
    Sounds like the same lineup over two weekends.
    Wouldn't a single weekend "Reading/Leeds" format be more practical?

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    That would make more sense. That was kind of what I thought would happen if Kanrocksas took off, but we know how that turned out.

old school

What's the word on Toronto venue?

I think Downsview only does about 30,000. Sarstock was on an airstrip with no shade. The venue on an island is interesting(where Noel from Oasis got messed up by a fan at the 2008 VFest)

I do recall the 2009 VFest struggling a bit with ticket sales - but everything is lineup dependent.

What's the word on Toronto venue?

I think Downsview only does about 30,000. Sarstock was on an airstrip with no shade. The venue on an island is interesting(where Noel from Oasis got messed up by a fan at the 2008 VFest)

I do recall the 2009 VFest struggling a bit with ticket sales - but everything is lineup dependent.
    Is this what you're talking about? Seth partied too hard at Output this weekend so he never made it to the show in Toronto the next day....

10/14 Warpaint @ Webster
    10/15 Flying Lotus @ Terminal 5
    10/16 Flying Lotus @ Music Hall of Williamsburg
    10/18 Ben Frost @ Wick
    10/18 Ambivalent/Mike Dehnert @ Output

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Considering C3 already does one, wouldn't two weekends of the same lineup be more likely? Plus a lot of the Lolla demographic could do both (and drink legally in Toronto).