Thread: road closures

Default road closures

Are the road closures around the festival grounds the same every year? I have my 2013 booklet showing the layout and road closures, can I expect this to stay the same next year?

Default Re: road closures

I don't understand why the hell you're worried about this now.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Wait until the week before the fest and check the 2014 map.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

OP may be considering a house rental and road closures might significantly impact the convenience factor and hence the relative merits of a particular property. Or he might just be OCD.

edit: Yep. House rental. http://www.coachella.com/forum/showt...17#post2775517

You ladies were being groundlessly snarky. There's plenty in here to snark about, no need to make shit up.
    Last edited by TomAz; 08-05-2013 at 09:41 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

If they include them in the festival map every year, you can go to Coachella Recordings, a site maintained by one of our moderators. He has scans of the booklets for pretty much every year, so you could look and see if previous years have the same closures. I just don't feel like checking, but there's a link for ya.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

I wasn't snarkin.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

I was, and my snark is never needless.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Go fuck yourself, Tom!

Keep
    calm
    and
    Snark
    on
    Youth, you son of a bitch, where did you go?

Quote Originally Posted by Emma Ocean View Post
    so I assume you've never been cunt punched at a festival? Well lucky you!

I think you guys have Snark Week and Shark Week confused...
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

A little bit OCD, but mostly for the purpose of comparing house rental locations. If Indian Palms is the only walkable neighborhood, I think we were doing something wrong last year. Our walk back to Indian Palms was close to an hour each night...

bmack86 - I can't find the festival booklets on coachellarecordings.com .. Just the posters?

Quote Originally Posted by ljritchi View Post
    A little bit OCD, but mostly for the purpose of comparing house rental locations. If Indian Palms is the only walkable neighborhood, I think we were doing something wrong last year. Our walk back to Indian Palms was close to an hour each night...

bmack86 - I can't find the festival booklets on coachellarecordings.com .. Just the posters?
    No, you're fine. I remember when living at Indian Palms was a bonus to having the festival right down the street. We could walk straight down Monroe to the entrance in about 15 minutes. And when we started camping about 4 years ago, it was still convenient to run home if we wanted. 2010's clusterfuck changed all of that when they implemented the perimeter boundaries and the wristbands. I think I went home once this past year, and on Saturday night, Pete thought he'd go check on the cats after the show...He never made it back to the campground due to the road closures that allowed the people to leave the venue at the end of each night. It's still about the closest place you can stay, so I wouldn't rule it out.
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.