Seluah
    The Weeks
    JaLin Roze
    Young & Sick
    Jill Andrews
    The Wans
    Goodbye June
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Default Re: Forecastle 2014

I wonder if the Replacements and Slint will be at Pitchfork...

Outkast just keeps adding to its tour of music festivals in 2014. The hip-hop duo is among the headliners of this year's Forecastle Music Festival. Indie rock royalty Jack White and Beck will join Outkast as the main headliners of Forecastle, held July 18-20 in Louisville, Ky.

The three-day festival, celebrating its 12th year in 2014, will also a performance from newly-reformed the Replacements, as well as post-rock act Slint, hometown heroes around Louisville that will play their first show in the area in almost 10 years.

Outkast has already been announced for a number of festivals in 2014, including Coachella, Sasquatch and Governors Ball, among others. The duo announced in January it was planning a 2014 tour of over 40 festivals to usher in its comeback.

Other major players include Spoon, Band of Horses, Ray LaMontagne, the recently-reformed Nickel Creek, Gary Clark Jr., Dwight Yoakam and more -- around 50 different acts in all.

In addition to music, the festival will feature the Kentucky Bourbon Trail, an offering of bourbon, food and bourbon education, as well as Kentucky Landing, which will include craft beer, local food trucks and more.

A limited number of tickets for Forecastle are set to go on sale March 7 at noon at the fest's website and Ticketmaster.

Forecastle Music Festival will be held July 18-20 at Louisville's Waterfront Park. Check below for a full lineup
    http://www.billboard.com/articles/ne...eck-headlining

8/19 Run the Jewels @ Sir Stage 37
    8/21 The Clean @ Rough Trade
    8/21 J Rocc/GE-OLOGY @ Panther Room
    8/23 Bad Brains/Trash Talk @ Afropunk
    8/23 Kevin Saunderson @ TBA
    8/24 D'Angelo @ Afropunk

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Damn would love to go to this. Hell, I could go to this and miss nothing at Coachella but my friends and Arcade Fire.

Also, bourbon.
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post
    Damn would love to go to this. Hell, I could go to this and miss nothing at Coachella but my friends and Arcade Fire.

Also, bourbon.
    If I end up going to this Bo Ningen becomes my #1 coachella must see.
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....

Pitchfork bound?

Spoon
    Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings
    Gary Clark Jr.
    Jenny Lewis
    Action Bronson
    Slint
    Flume
    Avey Tare's Slasher Flicks

8/19 Run the Jewels @ Sir Stage 37
    8/21 The Clean @ Rough Trade
    8/21 J Rocc/GE-OLOGY @ Panther Room
    8/23 Bad Brains/Trash Talk @ Afropunk
    8/23 Kevin Saunderson @ TBA
    8/24 D'Angelo @ Afropunk

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

old school

I think Pitchfork would've posted those from the get if they had them to sell tickets. I went to Forecastle last year and it was well worth it. I stayed at the Galt House which is about a 15 minute walk to the fest and within walking distance to a number of fine restaurants & bars. Louisvlille is a fun and clean city.
    "Oh this uncertainty is taking me over"

I really dig this lineup. I wish I had could afford to travel because tickets are relatively cheap too. I wish TBT was at Coachella.
    10/8 - Little Dragon @ Marquee (Tempe, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

old school

Yeah I can do this for less than $500 (late night festivities not included) so I can't pass it up. The infrastructure there for the fest is perfect. The Ohio River is the backdrop for the main stages and underpass of the highway is used for another stage. Weather was an issue last year. The city and the promoters evacuated the park for incoming severe weather. Ample warning gave everyone plenty of time to walk back to hotel rooms or rush in to local bars to weather the storm. The weather wasn't bad and most of what was anticipated went around the fest. It did downpour on Sunday night tho. Sound was good at all of the stages. It seemed like many of the festival goers were locals. Lots of southern hospitality and craft brew & bourbon drinking. The cops roll around on 3 wheel segways which I thought was pretty damn awesome. It was like Robocop was at the fest. The city has electric go bikes and even the bums are clean. Take your fishing pole and fish off the dock there in the filthy Ohio River. Its a good time.

old school

I really wanted to go to the Corvette Museum this year but I guess a giant sink hole swallowed up 10 classic vettes so I bet it will be closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooks View Post
    Pitchfork bound?

Spoon
    Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings
    Gary Clark Jr.
    Jenny Lewis
    Action Bronson
    Slint
    Flume
    Avey Tare's Slasher Flicks

Only the last 4, plus Charli XCX and Tourist.

The top 4 would be my ideal headliners right now, but there's very little I care about on the rest of the lineup.
    We're here to play some Mississippi Delta Blues. We're in a horrible depression, and I gotta admit - we're starting to like it.

This looks great. And it's an easy drive for me. I finally went to Louisville last October for the first time and loved the city.
    Hunting has been part of our society since the first Europeans came over and shot buffalo and Native Americans and whatnot.
    ---
    The Dive Poets

just seeing the lineup, and this would be a perfect fest for me to travel to. should be able to get this done fairly cheap.

11/21 - Pearl Jam - Viejas Arena

old school

Forecastle just published their single day splits:

Friday, July 18: Outkast, Spoon, Twenty One Pilots, Gary Clark Jr., Local Natives, Action Bronson, JJ Grey & Mofro, Against Me!, Nightmares On Wax (live), The Black Lips, St. Lucia, Waxahatchee, Chrome Sparks, Benjamin Booker, Leagues, Foy Vance, The Districts, Willie Watson, Old Baby

Saturday, July 19: Jack White, Band Of Horses, Dwight Yoakam, Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings, Jason Isbell, Slint, Lord Huron, Spanish Gold, Sun Kil Moon, Tourist, Avey Tare’s Slasher Flicks, Hurray For The Riff Raff, The Soul Rebels, Drew Holcomb & The Neighbors, Mount Moriah, Young & Sick, Johnnyswim, Jalin Roze, Goodbye June, The Wans, Jill Andrews

Sunday, July 20: Beck, The Replacements, Ray LaMontagne, Nickel Creek, Trampled By Turtles, Jenny Lewis, Tune-Yards, Flume, Brett Dennen, Sharon Van Etten, Claude VonStroke, Lucius, Charli XCX, Boy & Bear, Hayes Carll, Reignwolf, The Weeks, Blue Sky Black Death, Seluah, Matrimony

old school

^"Just published" meaning almost a week.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by PJandBompton View Post
    just seeing the lineup, and this would be a perfect fest for me to travel to. should be able to get this done fairly cheap.
    I'm staying at Galt House. PM me if you wanna rage.

old school

Replacements into acoustic Beck
    Band of Horses into Jack White
    Spoon into Outkast

All 3 days have utterly bizarre transitions on the main stage to finish the night. 'Ments>Jack and BOH>Beck would have significantly better.

Quote Originally Posted by shoegazer76 View Post
    ^"Just published" meaning almost a week.
    It's what I wrote last week in the Pemberton thread.

old school

There are basically two main stages one field area may be slightly bigger than the other. So the bigger acts that you just mentioned may very well be playing at the same time or overlap somewhat for crowd dispersion which was the case last year. Its very easy to traverse the grounds of this fest from one end of the park to the other. The only time there is really a bottleneck of people is when crossing the bridges over the park's man made river.

I was at Forecastle last year for the first time, and will be there again this year. I love Lousville. It's a great little city with lots of fantastic food and a really cool bar scene. I've visited each of the last 3 summers and I can't wait to be back out there again.

The fest itself is pretty well organized. I loved that the $20 metal insulated bourbon mug I purchased also allowed me access to the Bourbon Lodge all weekend, thus ensuring my access to the VIP-style trailer bathrooms contained therein. I was upset at having to be evacuated from the site for what seemed like a nothing of a storm, but I also knew in the back of my mind that things can turn quickly in other parts of the country. It was ultimately a minor issue as we were back inside the festival gates and watching the resumed music within an hour.

The Red Bull stage under the freeway overpass hosted some great acts all weekend. My highlight had to be Run the Jewels. Killer Mike and El-P hung out for a good long while after the show taking pics with people. The atmosphere under there was perfect for the range of acts booked for that stage.

Honestly, there is so much to love about this fest and I had so many positive experiences throughout the weekend that I could keep going on and on forever. With that being said, let me tell you of my biggest blunder of the weekend: leaving the end of Jim James' set to go check on The Flaming Lips, who have never impressed me as a live act going back to their "set" at Coachella 2004. They bored me, again. Fool me once... Then I heard that James' closed his set with a rousing cover of Let It Be, a song which has special significance to me. That really bummed me out. Oh well, you win some and you lose some. That weekend was full of many, many more wins than losses.

Maybe we can do a mini-meet up this year if a few of us boardies will be out that way.

Well, this thing was incredible. It was my first year and it may be my favorite festival. Here's my review and a bunch of pics if anyone wants to read it.
    http://blanknews.com/festivals/797-b...le-2014-review

old school

Billie Joe Armstrong from Green Day once again playing with the Replacements. Coachella W2, Shakey Knees and now Forecastle makes 3 in a row.

Ugh I hope he doesn't come to Midway Stadium. His wife is from here thouh so I'm sure he will
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

i read somewhere he's an official touring member now.

Quote Originally Posted by heart cooks brain View Post
    i read somewhere he's an official touring member now.
    I think its kind of easy to schedule the performances since theyre so spread out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    Billie Joe Armstrong from Green Day once again playing with the Replacements. Coachella W2, Shakey Knees and now Forecastle makes 3 in a row.
    You must have read my review?
    The Replacements had a blast. Broken guitars, mouth kisses and rock. It was fun.

I would have to agree with super on this. I didn't realize that Billy Joe was playing with them and hearing that he was at the festival the night before caught me off guard.
    Last edited by Blankity; 07-24-2014 at 10:36 AM.