Thread: house rental agencies

Default house rental agencies

Hello forum! 2014 will be my second year attending the festival. Unfortunately the friends who did all the organizing last year are not coming this year And again unfortunately, I have waited a bit too late to book a house... So we are starting the search for a 6 to 8 person house, walking distance or biking distance to the festival. I started on vrbo, and got a reply from a booking agency; "Desert Vip". Does anyone have experience renting through this agency? They offer a shuttle service from La Quinta homes, which sounds great. But I got scammed once last year and am determined not to let it happen again. Any comments, tips or feed back would be great!!

Default Re: house rental agencies

Nothing spells SCAM like "house rental agenices".

Yeah I am a bit hesitant. But because I've waited so long, this agency may be one of my only options. I'll keep checking vrbo for something privately rented. Is there anything I can look for to verify the legitimacy of this agency? If I can pay through visa, am I good?

VRBO will differ from property to property. Some are handled by owners, some by property management companies, some by real estate agents. Generally, if it is a legitimate agency, they will have you sign a contract (most likely a California Association of Realtors lease form, or something of similar ilk) that will specify payment deadlines, generally with an initial deposit of some amount due within X amount of days of signing the lease.

That's how we got our house this year, but we had ours locked down several months ago...walking distance homes for Week 1 may already be pretty limited.

Quote Originally Posted by ljritchi View Post
    Is there anything I can look for to verify the legitimacy of this agency? If I can pay through visa, am I good?
    Legit agencies will have a number you can call, an office you can visit, a website, yelp reviews, etc. Google is your friend.

My internet search hasn't yielded anything relevant. Nothing on google, yelp, no company website. The properties are viewable only on you tube, and there are no comments... Sounds suspicious. But the agency does have rental agreements, credit card payments, and deposits. I'm not sure... I think I'll keep looking for something in Indian Palms rented by the owner. This agency seems to only have properties in La Quinta anyways.

I have a 2 bedroom condo timeshare for week 2.Thursday to Sunday

Lurker

contact me alixandra.miranda@yahoo.com. we will be renting our 2 extra rooms. we can accommodate 6-8 people. contact me for details!

I have 6 bedroom 3.5 bath . One mile from event tex or call me 760/5746823 pat. Flip key .com see all info . And pic . Any questions call

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick9136 View Post
    I have 6 bedroom 3.5 bath . One mile from event tex or call me 760/5746823 pat. Flip key .com see all info . And pic . Any questions call
    Just out of curiosity, why isn't the rental price listed here along with all of the other information?
    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Is that written in some sort of underground rat language I'm not familiar with?

Quote Originally Posted by blackchango View Post
    Just out of curiosity, why isn't the rental price listed here along with all of the other information?
    1200$ per nite . Up to ten person. No pets

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick9136 View Post
    1200$ per nite . Up to ten person. No pets
    Got it thanks! I'm sure someone will swoop this up in no time!
    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Is that written in some sort of underground rat language I'm not familiar with?

I have a 5 bedroom, 4 bathroom property with pool (new construction finished Jan) located only 4 miles from the festival grounds. $5000 for the week. rentnowca@gmail.com

Txt me for info: 8583244976 to reserve the condo 4 Coachella.

Luxury Condo for 4-5 people : 12-13 April : 2 nights - total $650-7 miles to fest. area.
    Luxury Condo for 4-5 people : 12-13 April : 2 nights - total $650-7 miles to fest. area.
    Luxury Condo for 4-5 people : 19-20 April : 2 nights - total $650-7 miles to fest. area.
    Luxury Condo for 4-5 people : 18-20 April : 3 nights - total $900-7 miles to fest. area.
    Luxury Condo for 6-7 people : 18-20 April : 3 nights - total $1150-7 miles to fest.
    Embassy Suites lux. hotel room 2 people 18-21 April : 3 nights-total $650-5 miles to fest. area.

Condo includes kitchen, private bathrooms, hottub, etc.

Cheers!
    Matt