Page 168 of 208 FirstFirst ... 163164165166167168169170171172173 ... LastLast
Results 5,011 to 5,040 of 6236

Thread: 2014 Rumors/Confirmations/Whatever/Etc.

  1. #5011
    Member mikey1313666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    SF/LA
    Posts
    2,205

    Default Re: 2014 Rumors/Confirmations/Whatever/Etc.

    Anyone else catch Jagwar Ma's set at Amoeba in SF a couple months ago?
    MY NEW 2014 COACHELECTRO MIX! 58 of This Years Artists In Just 50 Minutes! FREE DOWNLOAD!
    https://soundcloud.com/taktik-3/the-...coachelectro-2

  2. #5012
    Coachella Junkie paulb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Woods, WI
    Posts
    18,834

    Default Re: 2014 Rumors/Confirmations/Whatever/Etc.

    So any more thoughts on Tool potentially playing? They posted this 2 days ago on their website

    In closing, expect some really exciting news in the New Year. Happy Holidays to all of you, and be sure to take any evergreen decorations down by January 5, 2014 e.v. You've been warned...
    Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

  3. #5013
    Member Phantasma Del Mar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Park
    Posts
    1,823

    Default Re: 2014 Rumors/Confirmations/Whatever/Etc.

    I would prefer Tool over Muse or Arcade Fire, that's for sure.

  4. #5014
    old school Drewski27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    California's Elbow
    Posts
    5,126

    Default Re: 2014 Rumors/Confirmations/Whatever/Etc.

    Outkast, Tool, Arcade Fire
    Quote Originally Posted by EmberVega View Post
    You guys are mean. Sexy people are not meant to be smart.

    August 1 - Echo and the Bunnymen - Orpheum
    August 4 - Arcade Fire - SB Bowl
    August 23/24 - FYF Fest - Expo park
    October 3/4 - Desert Stars - Pioneertown
    October 17 - Massive Attack - SB Bowl
    November 8 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    November 9 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    April 10/11/12 - Coachella wknd 1 - Indio

  5. #5015
    man-homie obzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Cacapoopoopeepeeshire
    Posts
    15,989

    Default Re: 2014 Rumors/Confirmations/Whatever/Etc.

    If it's that, plus Mogwai, Pixies, The Knife on the poster I'd have to really consider both weekends. Something like that could be kinda magical and rival 2008 in that respect, for me anyways.












    But who the fuck are we kidding?

  6. #5016

    Default Re: 2014 Rumors/Confirmations/Whatever/Etc.

    Well, its official...lineup released the first Monday/Tuesday of January.
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Smooches. =)

  7. #5017

    Default Re: 2014 Rumors/Confirmations/Whatever/Etc.

    what?
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    Wouldn't it be hilarious if Daft Punk were to play, but at the end, they take of their helmets and it was Justice all along? And they're all like "We are Juusteeeece!"

  8. #5018
    Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In A Beautiful Place Out In The Country
    Posts
    16,487

    Default Re: 2014 Rumors/Confirmations/Whatever/Etc.

    Lolwat
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

  9. #5019
    old school Drewski27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    California's Elbow
    Posts
    5,126

    Default Re: 2014 Rumors/Confirmations/Whatever/Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by nyarlathotoats View Post
    Well, its official...lineup released the first Monday/Tuesday of January.
    I didn't know there was a formal statement released on the matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by EmberVega View Post
    You guys are mean. Sexy people are not meant to be smart.

    August 1 - Echo and the Bunnymen - Orpheum
    August 4 - Arcade Fire - SB Bowl
    August 23/24 - FYF Fest - Expo park
    October 3/4 - Desert Stars - Pioneertown
    October 17 - Massive Attack - SB Bowl
    November 8 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    November 9 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    April 10/11/12 - Coachella wknd 1 - Indio

  10. #5020

    Default Re: 2014 Rumors/Confirmations/Whatever/Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    Florence only seems to have STARTED recording her new album in August or so. Seems like a tight turnaround to lock down a Festival date a couple months later.
    Not completely relevant but a source from the booking company who does Firefly (June 19-22, Delaware) has all but confirmed that Florence will be playing in 2014 at Firefly. Obviously that doesn't confirm anything with them and Coachella, but it gives legs to the possibility...

  11. #5021
    Coachella Junkie sonofhal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    8,958

    Default Re: 2014 Rumors/Confirmations/Whatever/Etc.

    A date in the US two months later - CONFIRMEDZ!
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

  12. #5022

    Default Re: 2014 Rumors/Confirmations/Whatever/Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by sonofhal View Post
    A date in the US two months later - CONFIRMEDZ!
    Yawn. Clearly not what I was saying in my post.

  13. #5023
    Stage Manager captncrzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    TBD
    Posts
    19,805

    Default Re: 2014 Rumors/Confirmations/Whatever/Etc.

    Yeah Chris. I wasn't saying that. I was simply bringing up a completely non-related fact for no reason.

    Yawn.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

  14. #5024
    old school
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,976

    Default Re: 2014 Rumors/Confirmations/Whatever/Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by nyarlathotoats View Post
    Well, its official...lineup released the first Monday/Tuesday of January.
    So January 6th or 7th you say. With the exception of 2012(January 9th) such an early announcement would be a couple weeks earlier than usual.

    http://blog.pe.com/music/2013/01/08/...-be-announced/

  15. #5025
    Stage Manager captncrzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    TBD
    Posts
    19,805

    Default Re: 2014 Rumors/Confirmations/Whatever/Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    So January 6th or 7th you say. With the exception of 2012(January 9th) such an early announcement would be a couple weeks earlier than usual.

    http://blog.pe.com/music/2013/01/08/...-be-announced/
    Please do not post links. Instead, please provide us with a line graph showing the release date pattern.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

  16. #5026
    old school
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,976

    Default Re: 2014 Rumors/Confirmations/Whatever/Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Carlzner View Post
    Not completely relevant but a source from the booking company who does Firefly (June 19-22, Delaware) has all but confirmed that Florence will be playing in 2014 at Firefly. Obviously that doesn't confirm anything with them and Coachella, but it gives legs to the possibility...
    NME reported that she started recording in August. I'm just surprised that 4 months later her management is confident to start booking high profile shows, some with expensive cancellation rules.

  17. #5027
    old school concertgoer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    5,493

    Default Re: 2014 Rumors/Confirmations/Whatever/Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    NME reported that she started recording in August. I'm just surprised that 4 months later her management is confident to start booking high profile shows, some with expensive cancellation rules.
    This happens all the time...

  18. #5028

    Default Re: 2014 Rumors/Confirmations/Whatever/Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Yeah Chris. I wasn't saying that. I was simply bringing up a completely non-related fact for no reason.

    Yawn.
    No reason? There was discussion that Florence would be unavailable, I was providing some info that shows that may not be true.

  19. #5029
    Coachella Junkie sonofhal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    8,958

    Default Re: 2014 Rumors/Confirmations/Whatever/Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    NME reported that she started recording in August. I'm just surprised that 4 months later her management is confident to start booking high profile shows, some with expensive cancellation rules.
    How long do you think it takes to record an album?
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

  20. #5030
    old school
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,976

    Default Re: 2014 Rumors/Confirmations/Whatever/Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    This happens all the time...
    Maybe mid tier acts, but once you get subheadliner big there's festival cancellation policies and weeks of pre-production tour rehearsals thrown into the mix.

    Seems her last album was worked on staring in August/September 2010 and started up proper touring around Bonnaroo June 2011.

    In other words she'd have to be around mixing stage by now.
    Last edited by Bumblebee; 12-30-2013 at 07:21 AM.

  21. #5031
    Coachella Junkie sonofhal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    8,958

    Default Re: 2014 Rumors/Confirmations/Whatever/Etc.

    She's mixing it herself? Impressive.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

  22. #5032
    Stage Manager captncrzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    TBD
    Posts
    19,805

    Default Re: 2014 Rumors/Confirmations/Whatever/Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Carlzner View Post
    No reason? There was discussion that Florence would be unavailable, I was providing some info that shows that may not be true.
    What on earth does a date in June have anything to do with a potential non-date in April?
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

  23. #5033
    Stage Manager captncrzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    TBD
    Posts
    19,805

    Default Re: 2014 Rumors/Confirmations/Whatever/Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    Maybe mid tier acts, but once you get subheadliner big there's festival cancellation policies and weeks of pre-production tour rehearsals thrown into the mix.

    Seems her last album was worked on staring in August/September 2010 and started up proper touring around Bonnaroo June 2011.

    In other words she'd have to be around mixing stage by now.
    Please create a timeline in MS Project showing the creation patterns of each of Florence's albums.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

  24. #5034

    Default Re: 2014 Rumors/Confirmations/Whatever/Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    NME reported that she started recording in August. I'm just surprised that 4 months later her management is confident to start booking high profile shows, some with expensive cancellation rules.
    If she doesn't finish the album couldn't she just, you know, play the dates and finish it later?

  25. #5035
    old school
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,976

    Default Re: 2014 Rumors/Confirmations/Whatever/Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by sonofhal View Post
    How long do you think it takes to record an album?
    Depends if it's production heavy or not.

  26. #5036

    Default Re: 2014 Rumors/Confirmations/Whatever/Etc.


  27. #5037
    Coachella Junkie sonofhal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    8,958

    Default Re: 2014 Rumors/Confirmations/Whatever/Etc.

    Cheers for sorting that out for me.

    I don't think there is enough turd polish in the world to make Flo sound good.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

  28. #5038
    old school
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,976

    Default Re: 2014 Rumors/Confirmations/Whatever/Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by iamthehorn View Post
    If she doesn't finish the album couldn't she just, you know, play the dates and finish it later?
    Vampire Weekend did that just before their new album. Do couple new songs while fans are unsure if it's an old or new tour.

  29. #5039
    Coachella Junkie faxman75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The murder capital where we murder for capital
    Posts
    27,915

    Default Re: 2014 Rumors/Confirmations/Whatever/Etc.

    This would be pretty fucking sweet. If Coachella doesn't work out gimme a tour with the newly reunited Veruca Salt.

    http://consequenceofsound.net/2013/1...union-in-2014/

  30. #5040
    Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    nomad's land
    Posts
    9,851

    Default Re: 2014 Rumors/Confirmations/Whatever/Etc.

    i remember the last hole tour being a fucking disaster.

    would watch.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Similar Threads

  1. 2012 Lineup Confirmations/Rumors Thread
    By summerkid in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 7820
    Last Post: 01-06-2014, 11:19 AM
  2. Coachella 2011: Rumors, Headliners, rumored Confirmations
    By TeamCoachellaHellYeah in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 3726
    Last Post: 06-10-2013, 10:10 AM
  3. FYF Fest 2013 Lineup Confirmations/Rumors Thread
    By alec111 in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-28-2013, 07:16 PM
  4. Supposed Confirmations/Rumors
    By imart5 in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 01-09-2008, 08:32 PM
  5. 2007 (Wish List/Confirmations/Likely Rumors/Gossips U Wish R True)
    By idrive1life in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-05-2008, 05:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •