Page 165 of 208 FirstFirst ... 160161162163164165166167168169170 ... LastLast
Results 4,921 to 4,950 of 6236

Thread: 2014 Rumors/Confirmations/Whatever/Etc.

Default Re: 2014 Rumors/Confirmations/Whatever/Etc.

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    Agree 100%. Does outkast even have 90 min of material worth hearing?
    LOL

Does Blink 182 even have 90 seconds of material worth hearing.
    9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/17 Karen O at Masonic Lodge, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/20 Chvrches @ Tower Theatre, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    They have put on the same show at headlining shows and festival shows all across Europe this year.
    We are very sorry but we have to cancel our autumn club show dates. We are working on new show elements for these dates but unfortunately we have come to realise we won’t make it in time. The shows that are being canceled are:

25th Oct Manchester, UK – The Knife Curate The Warehouse Project
    26th Oct Brighton, UK – Dome
    28th Oct Frankfurt, Germany – Capitol
    29th Oct Luxembourg, Luxembourg, Rockhal

Tickets for the above shows can be returned at point of purchase for a full refund.

We will still perform a set at the Pitchfork Festival in Paris on october 31.

Hopefully we’ll find new dates soon to visit these cities in 2014.

/The Knife Shaking The Habitual Show
    obviously open to interpretation. they performed the same show (as far as I can tell) at P4k Paris.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

It's a serious question though. Can Outkast perform for 90 minutes? What would be a realistic setlist to keep a crowd entertained for that long?
    Follow me on Twitter at Klein25
    The Eeries The Troubadour
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern
    The Horrors Oct 14 Santa Ana

just because you are posing a question at face value doesn't mean it isn't fucking stupid.
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....

old school

Agree 100%. Does outkast even have 90 min of material worth hearing?
    They mopped the floor with MOBY when they played before him in 2001. That was a 60 minute set, then you have all the material that came later including the speakerboxx/love below double album and idlewind.

Alright for sure, I really didn't know but Bumblebee has helped put in perspective for me. If it came down to Papa Roach vs. Outkast I'd probably take Papa Roach, and that's saying how much I dont care for Outkast.
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Papa Roach seems right up your alley
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

Alright for sure, I really didn't know but Bumblebee has helped put in perspective for me. If it came down to Papa Roach vs. Outkast I'd probably take Papa Roach, and that's saying how much I dont care for Outkast.

Outkast have more than 90 minutes worth of great material. I'm not the biggest Outkast fan but listen to them before you start talking about them. Listen to Aquemini and ATLiens and please tell me/us what you think of those two records on the klein25 listen to music recs or whatever that thread is called. If all you know is Speakerboxxx/Love Below you have a bad representation of what Outkast are about. Outkast will be a super fun set for whoever is there, more fun than those grandfathers who played Coachella 2012(what a fuckin' shit show that turned into).

FUCK the Knife and what they are calling a "concert" oh wait it's a performance art piece, cute! fuck them either way on this incarnation of their career.

Guedita stop talking about the dome before people start figuring out how much fun and awesome it is please! I spend about 3-4 hours in there each day since 2010. So yeah, chill out woman I need my personal oasis to stay relatively unnoticed.

Pretty sure atliens is in that thread which got a good rating . I like outkast before the double album came out and everything since then because it's all boring to me. I'll just be at another stage it's all good
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern

Quote Originally Posted by Sushov23 View Post
    The smallest draw here is NIN, I'd even say they are a subheadliner at this point(although they could get co-headliner status out of respect much like Blur, the Strokes, and the Stone Roses received in the past 3 years).If anything one of the four isn't happening. Muse sold out every single show(three LA shows BTW in LA at Staples Center) on their 2013 tour. Muse are the biggest band of the four at this stage in all of their careers. The sell outs from their 2010, 2011, and 2013 prove that. Outkast is a reunion so that helps in the headliner department, cause let's be real if they had played Coachella from 05-08 they'd be a subheadliner, but they've been gone long enough to warrant the "buzz factor". Arcade Fire for the audience Coachella caters to is a perfect match. NIN couldn't sell out most, or even fill half of their arena shows a couple months ago. Major markets sold out, but everything else people on this very board kept saying they had entire sections closed off, and half empty arenas. So again I restate one of the four is either not happening, or one of these bands(NIN) will get a co-headliner status out of respect(probably on the Outkast night).
    Here's the problem with putting NIN on before Arcade Fire or Outkast (which they'd have to, because they're definitely a smaller draw):

Following NIN sucks. Putting them on before Outkast would drastically undervalue the cache of getting the Outkast reunion. Putting them on before AF makes AF look really boring and kinda musically inept. Muse is actually the only other band on out of those four who make as much noise and have as much flash to be able to share a co-headliner spot and not just get blown the fuck away.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

I caught OutKast at the Gorge during that Area:One tour the bumblebee mentioned. They were so fucking badass that their set effectively ruined live hip-hop for me. I haven't seen any act since that was on their level. Make no mistake, this will be THE set of the festival. I say that with complete confidence. Come Monday morning when people are still picking dirt out their noses and compiling their top 10 lists from the weekend, OutKast will top most of these lists. There will be a lot naysayers eating their words. There will be a handful of ravers that will swear they caught a superior set in the Sahara although they will secretly wish they had made a different decision. And then there will be everybody else who knew what we were getting in the first place.

you are the most unintentionally funny person on this board - if this were a boardie awards category you'd win in a landslide. not sure this is a real compliment but your posts never fail to give me a chuckle.
    Quote Originally Posted by fakekvnty View Post
    All you ladybois want inside this pink slip
    Quote Originally Posted by fakekvnty View Post
    You bitchez will all CUM-ba-ya when y'all see my pee-shooter.
    Follow kvn†y on instagram :: "Lorde is my shepherd. I shall not want."

Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    Here's the problem with putting NIN on before Arcade Fire or Outkast (which they'd have to, because they're definitely a smaller draw):

Following NIN sucks. Putting them on before Outkast would drastically undervalue the cache of getting the Outkast reunion. Putting them on before AF makes AF look really boring and kinda musically inept. Muse is actually the only other band on out of those four who make as much noise and have as much flash to be able to share a co-headliner spot and not just get blown the fuck away.
    I agree with you on everything you just said. That is actually why it seems to me one of the four bands is simply not going to happen at all. If one of those four does happen though, NIN will be the subheadliner or co headliner out of respect. What is NIN isn't even on the main stage at all? With the way the audience is these days, maybe they get something closer to how it worked for Sigur Ros? Either way i'm excited to see what Coachella has put together for 2014.

What is NIN isn't even on the main stage at all? With the way the audience is these days, maybe they get something closer to how it worked for Sigur Ros?
    That was one of my thoughts as well. The way they've utilized the Outdoor theatre in recent years I could easily see some surprises there.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by rambleonfreddy View Post
    So what bumblebee is saying is that the band is useless without pretty lights. Um, okay
    Having an annoyingly crowded tent for Chvrches or throwing to the wolves with an afternoon main stage set isn't doing them any favours.

Evening tent with counterprogramming to split the crowd or even outside theater with some darkness is the best way to go on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlzner View Post
    If they gave a shit about light shows there would be no daytime EDM so shut the fuck up.
    Sahara has a bigger capacity and lights are spread out more around the tent.

I think you're kinda absurdly undervaluing them there. They're still one of the 10 best live acts you can possibly book with a 20+ year career.

Seriously, why is everyone having this massive problem wrapping their fucking minds around co-headliners?

You realize there's been one night where there were dual headliners two of the last three years, right? And it all went just fine? There's plenty of room, plenty of time, didn't bother anybody? Right?

Now shut the fuck up.

old school

Can all the MUSE and NIN gear hang/fit on the same stage?

I think you're kinda absurdly undervaluing them there. They're still one of the 10 best live acts you can possibly book with a 20+ year career.
    so is sigur ros. what is being undervalued is name recognition. random coachella person is more likely in my opinion to walk up to an NIN show than they are a Sigur Ros show. Not to mention Trent speaks English and Jonsi speaks gibberish.

Sigur Ros doesn't have a 20 year career as headliners, so no, "so is sigur ros" is incorrect there. If you wanna sit there and say that Sigur Ros is as good of a show... I dunno, whatever, feel free, but it's not nearly as immediate or irrefutable. Sigur Ros isn't some people's cup of tea. It's slow and it's gibberish and it's weird. If they were as good at sucking their audience in, they'd be as popular as NIN. But they're not.

old school

Seriously, why is everyone having this massive problem wrapping their fucking minds around co-headliners?

You realize there's been one night where there were dual headliners two of the last three years, right? And it all went just fine? There's plenty of room, plenty of time, didn't bother anybody? Right?

Now shut the fuck up.
    What's the setlist of a 65 minute NIN subbing spot? Half the length of their arena show and they are a top liner

Sigur Ros doesn't have a 20 year career as headliners, so no, "so is sigur ros" is incorrect there. If you wanna sit there and say that Sigur Ros is as good of a show... I dunno, whatever, feel free, but it's not nearly as immediate or irrefutable. Sigur Ros isn't some people's cup of tea. It's slow and it's gibberish and it's weird. If they were as good at sucking their audience in, they'd be as popular as NIN. But they're not.
    NIN belong on the main stage, don't get me wrong. I was proposing that because they have earned their full stage set up, and it would suck for them to not get that at Coachella, and a simple way of making sure NIN get their full show is to set up their rig on the outdoor theater. If it's NIN>Muse, the great thing is neither of these two bands need their setups to blow minds. I love NIN and Muse so I'm ok either way.
    Last edited by Sushov23; 12-28-2013 at 12:56 PM.

Idiots.

old school

NIN belong on the main stage, don't get me wrong. I was proposing that because they have earned their full stage set up, and it would suck for them to not get that at Coachella, and a simple way of making sure NIN get their full show is to set up their rig on the outdoor theater. If it's NIN>Muse I'd be happy as fuck, I just don't want to see a half assed set up you know? The great thing is neither of these two bands need their setups to blow minds. I love NIN and Muse so I'm ok either way.
    If booked, NIN have a new production(as well as band/setlist) that will play 4 continents in a 2 month period.

sure, if you're going to add 'a 20+ year career as a headliner' sigur ros doesn't stack up. my point was that scope of appeal and on-stage prowess are not mutually inclusive. the difference between the bands is not their ability to put on a fantastic show. NIN simply appeals to a wider audience. the reasons don't particularly matter.

For comparison, at Outside Lands, NIN headlined the main stage while Phoenix played a smaller stage. It's hard for me to imagine them sub-headlining Coachella.

Idiots.
    Actually what I'm beginning to wonder is where did the Muse rumor come from? Same for the NIN rumor? I haven't kept up too much with rumors this year.

Actually what I'm beginning to wonder is where did the Muse rumor come from? Same for the NIN rumor? I haven't kept up too much with rumors this year.
    The first page of this thread has the Muse evidence. NIN, I think, is just guesswork based on a tour gap, them playing a lot of festivals, and Reznor being an LA guy?

muse rumor is in the first post. NIN rumor is unsourced, though it originates from Monklish mistakenly posting that NIN was playing the 2013 festival instead of HTDA.

plus what braundiggity dipshit said.