Page 164 of 208 FirstFirst ... 159160161162163164165166167168169 ... LastLast
Results 4,891 to 4,920 of 6236

Thread: 2014 Rumors/Confirmations/Whatever/Etc.

Default Re: 2014 Rumors/Confirmations/Whatever/Etc.

Quote Originally Posted by orangejulius View Post
    Um... okay, sorry?

I forget, the Coachella forum is all about creatively putting down others. Thank you.
    We appreciate it if--when disagreeing or agreeing with something--you provide some remote kind of logical explanation for why you have these opinions, rather than just opening your dumb fucking trap and blathering pointlessly. We get enough of that. Thanks.

"Beck before Muse? I don't think so." -- not useful, not constructive, makes no sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

Here's an easy way it would work, since you clearly haven't seen how they tend to do shit (not that i'm saying I believe that post's claims, although all of those artists are playing):

Beck on the main for sunset: 7:00-7:55
    Foster The People on Outdoor: 8:15-9:05
    Muse on the main: 9:20 - 10:50
    NIN on the main: 11:20 - 1 am.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    We appreciate it if--when disagreeing or agreeing with something--you provide some remote kind of logical explanation for why you have these opinions, rather than just opening your dumb fucking trap and blathering pointlessly. We get enough of that. Thanks.

"Beck before Muse? I don't think so." -- not useful, not constructive, makes no sense.
    General hostility on this board is pandemic. If you want people to be useful and constructive, telling them to "shut their dumb fucking trap" is neither constructive, nor useful.

Aren't you the one who just a few posts ago said this:

The fact is, between Muse, NIN, Outkast, and Arcade Fire, if we assume that the two bands that are going to be the smallest draws out of the four will be the ones to co-headline a night... it's Muse and NIN.
    That's an assumption and opinion, right? I make my own assumption and get skewered. Please, be more civil.
    2/21 - Skinny Puppy
    5/23-25 - Summer Camp
    7/18-20 - Pitchfork Music Festival
    8/1-3 - Lollapalooza

Fuck you all, kiss my ass.

Foster The People on the Outdoor would be the biggest clusterfuck, jesus.

These last two pages make me want to gouge my eyes out.

It seems like Muse and Arcade Fire are going to be there for sure, of course there's always a possibility that Muse was joking in their interview and for some reason Arcade Fire is totally skipping the Southern California market. But does that lock them in to be headliners? Can Muse and Arcade Fire be at Coachella but not be headliners? We've seen acts like The Black Keys and Phoenix go from subheadliners to headliners but no act be downgraded from a headliner to a subheadliner.
    Coachella '08
    Coachella '11
    Coachella '12
    Coachella '13
    Coachella '14

Just another fellow who's seen both Muse and NIN, which is kind of a lot of people. The fact is, between Muse, NIN, Outkast, and Arcade Fire, if we assume that the two bands that are going to be the smallest draws out of the four will be the ones to co-headline a night... it's Muse and NIN.
    The smallest draw here is NIN, I'd even say they are a subheadliner at this point(although they could get co-headliner status out of respect much like Blur, the Strokes, and the Stone Roses received in the past 3 years).If anything one of the four isn't happening. Muse sold out every single show(three LA shows BTW in LA at Staples Center) on their 2013 tour. Muse are the biggest band of the four at this stage in all of their careers. The sell outs from their 2010, 2011, and 2013 prove that. Outkast is a reunion so that helps in the headliner department, cause let's be real if they had played Coachella from 05-08 they'd be a subheadliner, but they've been gone long enough to warrant the "buzz factor". Arcade Fire for the audience Coachella caters to is a perfect match. NIN couldn't sell out most, or even fill half of their arena shows a couple months ago. Major markets sold out, but everything else people on this very board kept saying they had entire sections closed off, and half empty arenas. So again I restate one of the four is either not happening, or one of these bands(NIN) will get a co-headliner status out of respect(probably on the Outkast night).

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

General hostility on this board is pandemic. If you want people to be useful and constructive, telling them to "shut their dumb fucking trap" is neither constructive, nor useful.

Aren't you the one who just a few posts ago said this:

That's an assumption and opinion, right? I make my own assumption and get skewered. Please, be more civil.
    The problem is that you need to connect your opinion to a rationale, you dumb fuck.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by IlliniQ View Post
    From Monklish Message board today...probably bullshit, but all seems possible...

Friday, April 11th/18th
    MUSEĽNINE INCH NAILS < Beck< Foster the People

Saturday, April 12th/19th
    ARCADE FIRE < Florence + the Machine< Pixies

Sunday, April 13th/20th
    OUTKAST< Queens of the Stoneage< M.I.A.

I was not granted knowledge to the remainder of the lineup, but I imagine that most of the speculated names are a given or highly likely. My source did however mention that there would be 2 reunions not already touring that would take part at the fest but wouldn't make that big of a splash as prior reunions taken place at Coachella (Sleater-Kinney, Ride). He did mention though, that GV did lock in an electronic act (The Knife) that has been requested for for years and would finally be gracing the Polo Fields next year. Once again, Daft Punk will not be there.

December 27, 2013 at 1:15 PM
    Florence only seems to have STARTED recording her new album in August or so. Seems like a tight turnaround to lock down a Festival date a couple months later.

Ride. Andy Bell is likely joining the Beady Eye tour for 5 weeks of international dates which wraps up at the end of February. That leaves 5 weeks to rehearse for the Ride Reunion. It'll be OK if they've done some 2012 rehearsals. Portlandia shoot in late summer so S-K look good, especially after the Pearl Jam cameo a month ago.

How big is M.I.A in 2014? Subbing as a replacement happened 5 years ago and her last US tour kinda fizzled playing single nights at a club level.

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    Muse and NIN would never play the same night
    If you've ever been to both their concerts you'd get it
    Quote Originally Posted by kvnty View Post
    I take it you mean both bands' usually complex stage setups. Though the best Muse show I ever saw was at L.A. Rising when they "warmed up" for RATM. So, it could be done. Muse actually is great at just jamming out on stage. And NIN would perform last and have the more intricate production and staging. I would freaking love this.
    ACL 2013 had Muse and Depeche Mode playing at the same time. Lolla 2011 had Muse and Coldplay at the same time. At least GV give you the option of seeing both NIN and Muse if you wish.

Is it possible that NIN/MUSE could swap spots between weekends? Obviously Muse can move more tickets in arenas, but NIN still seem highly regarded as stateside festival headliners and it saves Reznor from having his ego bruised.

Quote Originally Posted by M0D3Z View Post
    florence over pixies seems weird... and florence at polo fields AGAIN seems weird. thats every 2 years she shows up.
    Quote Originally Posted by alec111 View Post
    Pixies being billed after Florence would be the greatest tragedy in musical history.
    Quote Originally Posted by IlliniQ View Post
    Hendrix suffocating to death on his own vomit is a music history tragedy.

Kurt Cobain committing suicide is a music history tragedy.

Both Tim and Jeff Buckley dying before thirty are music history tragedies.

Florence listed ahead of the Pixies is a marketing decision.

Just trying to keep things in perspective.
    The Pixies reunion is a decade old, hundreds of US shows, 2004 was the first announced show whereas this is just another date, bass player drama and no new material of note.

Flo sold 5 times as many tickets in my market as the still tickets available Pixies show in Feb. I've seen Frank/Pixies 5 times and my interest level waned big time.

Just another fellow who's seen both Muse and NIN, which is kind of a lot of people. The fact is, between Muse, NIN, Outkast, and Arcade Fire, if we assume that the two bands that are going to be the smallest draws out of the four will be the ones to co-headline a night... it's Muse and NIN.
    Outkast and Arcade wish they could sell as many arena tour tickets as Muse.

Friday looks totally wrong. Muse/NIN sounds fake. And Beck before this? I feel like it could possibly be more like Muse/Beck, but I don't think Beck would sub before the two.

Don't even get me started on Foster the People. And QOtSA would make more sense going into NIN, Lolla style.
    Beck going 6 years between albums seems to have worked against him rather than pent up demand.

I saw FTP singer in the VIP section last year so he is obviously in GV's good books. Though thinking FTP fans care a couple years later is a leap of faith by GV.

Quote Originally Posted by COACHELLA_GIN View Post
    It seems like Muse and Arcade Fire are going to be there for sure, of course there's always a possibility that Muse was joking in their interview and for some reason Arcade Fire is totally skipping the Southern California market. But does that lock them in to be headliners? Can Muse and Arcade Fire be at Coachella but not be headliners? We've seen acts like The Black Keys and Phoenix go from subheadliners to headliners but no act be downgraded from a headliner to a subheadliner.
    Muse mentioned a US festival is 2 separate interviews. Arcade/Muse may never sub again.

Quote Originally Posted by Sushov23 View Post
    The smallest draw here is NIN, I'd even say they are a subheadliner at this point(although they could get co-headliner status out of respect much like Blur, the Strokes, and the Stone Roses received in the past 3 years).If anything one of the four isn't happening. Muse sold out every single show(three LA shows BTW in LA at Staples Center) on their 2013 tour. Muse are the biggest band of the four at this stage in all of their careers. The sell outs from their 2010, 2011, and 2013 prove that. Outkast is a reunion so that helps in the headliner department, cause let's be real if they had played Coachella from 05-08 they'd be a subheadliner, but they've been gone long enough to warrant the "buzz factor". Arcade Fire for the audience Coachella caters to is a perfect match. NIN couldn't sell out most, or even fill half of their arena shows a couple months ago. Major markets sold out, but everything else people on this very board kept saying they had entire sections closed off, and half empty arenas. So again I restate one of the four is either not happening, or one of these bands(NIN) will get a co-headliner status out of respect(probably on the Outkast night).
    You stole my fun. The more I think about it MUSE/NIN is an interesting combo.

Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    The problem is that you need to connect your opinion to a rationale, you dumb fuck.
    Even if forum posts contain a rationale you still get told to fuck off.

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    You are complaining about the semantics of the Coachella twitter account -- AND, even more disgustingly, analyzing DUMB COACHELLA TWITTER STATEMENTS as if there's some sort of cooption or overthrow of the heretofore known definition of the word "headliner." If you can't acknowledge that you're fucking terrible, there is no hope for you.

Scratch that, anyone with a few functioning neurons knows there's no hope for you. The best insult you can come up with is an insinuation that I fellate horses? With a caveat that you don't mean it in a RAPEY WAY?
    Right -- see, the thing is -- and I know it's hard for you, considering you're grappling with how the Coachella twitter account has undone the true meaning of what you knew a headliner to be -- so I'll sort of spell this out for you real easy like:

A threat is a bannable offense. A threat is a declaration of intent to do harm. An example of a "threat" might be to say to someone who has stated a negative opinion of you (like, for example, "you're terrible,"): "I can't wait to meet you at Coachella, where me and some others are going to beat the shit out of you to the point where you wake up the next day with dirt in your mouth."

The presentation of negative opinions, as well as statements of fact, such as: "kahaha is terrible," kahaha is an idiot who has let the COACHELLA TWITTER ACCOUNT ruin his understanding of what a headliner is," these things are not threats, and as such, they are not bannable offenses.
    Also, and I do apologize, because I realize I'm being a bit of a nitpick here, but I think the word you meant to use was "perimeter." That is, if you stand by the assertion that, based on both the style and content of my postings, I spend the actual weekend of Coachella on the outskirts (perimeter) of the polo ground, sucking the dicks of a breed of horse made famous by the Budweiser commercials.

Perimeter.
    I also just feel compelled to mention that the plural of a noun, such as Clysedale, just has an "s" at the end of the word. No apostrophe.

Clysedales.
    I'm sorry, guedita. I take back what otherwise was immature insult and unhappening threat. No threat of physical harm was sincere nor are you a bestiality candidate.

I forgot how technical one must be to discuss Coachella with the rest of you, and saying something like the definition of "headliner" has been changed due to the Coachella twitter account's use of it comes off as someone who seriously doesn't get it, but rest assured, it was not a serious accusation.

Take care.

you pussy

It takes the most annoying kind of person
    Most moronic post ever.

Irony
    Last edited by captncrzy; 12-28-2013 at 07:46 AM.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post

Outkast and Arcade wish they could sell as many arena tour tickets as Muse.

Please back this statement up with tour receipts from every tour of all three acts, adjusting Outkast's for inflation.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

You don't have to be "technical," to discuss Coachella, it just generally helps when you can take a light hearted jab about stupid posts you make without immediately hurling out violent threats.

(what izgewd said).

Oh, and capt -- re: The Heineken Dome: I've always found it to be an initially misleading place, especially if you've had to wait in line outside. People are idiots and once they get in they crowd around the beer area, and then they crowd around the immediate dance floor area. If you move through that huddle, and move to the opposite side, it's always been decently spacious, and that's where the dancers who mean serious business are. Last year especially, though, that dome was fucking empty every time I went in. It was awesome.
    Last edited by guedita; 12-28-2013 at 08:01 AM.

9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

old school

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Please back this statement up with tour receipts from every tour of all three acts, adjusting Outkast's for inflation.
    On their last tour, Arcade Fire had to do theaters in some US markets. Though I think AF will come close to matching Muse in MOST market.

Last Outkast tour was opening for Moby on the AREA 1 tour. It was only 8-9,000 at the show I attended.

Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    How close to the front of the stage are you going to be for their set? like, are we hugging the rail or like 10 feet back?
    Oh you know me, I'll be nowhere near their set as I will probably be watching group love or something
    Follow me on Twitter at Klein25
    The Eeries The Troubadour
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern
    The Horrors Oct 14 Santa Ana

Quote Originally Posted by Sushov23 View Post
    Agree 100%. Does outkast even have 90 min of material worth hearing?
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern

For what it's worth, Trent likes Muse. So at the very least, he'd probably be more on board with a NIN/Muse combo than playing second fiddle to Biffy Clyro (who?) at Reading/Leeds. I still kind of fail to see the glaring evidence of Muse being at Coachella. It would be akin to the lazy bookings of Black Keys & RHCP the last couple years... so I guess it's confirmed after all.
    2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012b, 2013a, 2014a

Agree 100%. Does outkast even have 90 min of material worth hearing?
    ^likes hearing Hey Ya on the radio, thinks he knows what the fuck is up without OutKast.

Try having some knowledge on the bs you choose to open your ignorant pie hole about, before you open said hole.
    or be ignorant. Ur guud at it

Actually I dont like that song at all. Cool avatar, I hope you liked them on facebook because they could use the fans
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern

Actually I dont like that song at all. Cool avatar, I hope you liked them on facebook because they could use the fans
    Heres to facebook "likes" being able to give us a concrete idea of number of fans *holds up glass*

Is that really your checklist for successful bands? facebook?

OutKast is cool, Blink is cool. But twats continue put down shit that they know nothing about........thats just being a bad human

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

Do you think The Knife would be less prone to do their goofball live show at a festival than at one of their own shows?
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

You don't have to be "technical," to discuss Coachella, it just generally helps when you can take a light hearted jab about stupid posts you make without immediately hurling out violent threats.

(what izgewd said).

Oh, and capt -- re: The Heineken Dome: I've always found it to be an initially misleading place, especially if you've had to wait in line outside. People are idiots and once they get in they crowd around the beer area, and then they crowd around the immediate dance floor area. If you move through that huddle, and move to the opposite side, it's always been decently spacious, and that's where the dancers who mean serious business are. Last year especially, though, that dome was fucking empty every time I went in. It was awesome.
    I will be spending some time in there this year since my kids are staying home.
    Because fucking millenials that's what

(what izgewd said).

Ok. I will have to go in there with you this year.

On their last tour, Arcade Fire had to do theaters in some US markets. Though I think AF will come close to matching Muse in MOST market.

Last Outkast tour was opening for Moby on the AREA 1 tour. It was only 8-9,000 at the show I attended.
    This is not specific or detailed enough. I expect way more from you.

Ride. Andy Bell is likely joining the Beady Eye tour for 5 weeks of international dates which wraps up at the end of February. That leaves 5 weeks to rehearse for the Ride Reunion. It'll be OK if they've done some 2012 rehearsals. Portlandia shoot in late summer so S-K look good, especially after the Pearl Jam cameo a month ago.
    Every time I see posts on Ride, referencing band members... My brain just highlights "Andy Bell" first and I start thinking we're talking about Erasure... and then get a little disappointed when I realize we're not. (Not that I'm slagging on Ride at all... Just a much bigger Erasure fan, personally)... Even though I don't see putting out a Christmas album as a proper excuse to play Coachella.. but all the same.

I'd be pleased with S-K, just so long as they don't put them on before the Weeknd like they did Wild Flag two years ago. A horde of Abel Tesfaye diehard females nearly came to blows throughout the entire set over territory up front that put a damper on it. And I could see the Weeknd returning this year, too.

Pretty good chance glitch mob will be there. New album out in feb and first leg of their tour has the last date at ultra with more dates "coming soon"

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Do you think The Knife would be less prone to do their goofball live show at a festival than at one of their own shows?
    They have put on the same show at headlining shows and festival shows all across Europe this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.