Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Coachellas downfall

Default Re: Coachellas downfall

Go fuck yourself Tom

Quote Originally Posted by glamisrider1991 View Post
    This year was my third Coachella and I'm sad to say probably my last. Coachella has always been a place of great vibes until now. Upon entry I always try to help security with the search as much as possible to keep the line moving as fast as possible. But this year we were more or less raped by the biggest pompous ass security guard who could swear he smelled weed. At the end, nothing in my vehicle was put back the way it was found. The security guard just laughed it off while he continued to search under my car and under the hood to no avail. He wanted to thoroughly check our wristbands because he had decided we were guilty of something. Upon entry I expected the vibes to return to normal. But security seemed to just be a bunch of cop rejects with chips on there shoulders. Cochella staff: we've brought the right vibes every year, what's your problem? I will now only spend my money on festivals that actually practice the vibes they preach.
    In my nine Coachellas, I've never ever ever had a problem with security. The one time they found my snacktime treats, they actually repacked them into my bag for me. Maybe you're just an asshole.
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    I think the safest course is to assume everyone is a fucking nightmare and proceed from there.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.

Yeah but you're into bad vibes Jen.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

The only time I ever had a problem with security was when I was dressed like a raver in neon. Take a look at what you're wearing and how you present yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    i fucking hate women with their lives together who try and help other people. where are the needy bitches at?!

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Yeah but you're into bad vibes Jen.
    ...shit. That's actually probably it.
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    I think the safest course is to assume everyone is a fucking nightmare and proceed from there.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.

Was expecting to find a hilarious video involving Hitler. FML.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.

This year was my third Coachella and I'm sad to say probably my last. Coachella has always been a place of great vibes until now. Upon entry I always try to help security with the search as much as possible to keep the line moving as fast as possible. But this year we were more or less raped by the biggest pompous ass security guard who could swear he smelled weed. At the end, nothing in my vehicle was put back the way it was found. The security guard just laughed it off while he continued to search under my car and under the hood to no avail. He wanted to thoroughly check our wristbands because he had decided we were guilty of something. Upon entry I expected the vibes to return to normal. But security seemed to just be a bunch of cop rejects with chips on there shoulders. Cochella staff: we've brought the right vibes every year, what's your problem? I will now only spend my money on festivals that actually practice the vibes they preach.
    Vibes? Did anyone say vibes?

Should have ponied up for this, glam:

Quote Originally Posted by Starraven View Post
    Can I be in a great mood because I don't have an upcoming jail date?

Phil Lesh sure has a lot of friends named John.
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

I notice that this guy didn't deny that there was once pot in his car, so I imagine this was the real story:

Dude and his friends find out about the strict no-drugs policy at Coachella, so they get absolutely baked in their car prior to driving in.

Then the security guy smells the obvious weed stench, searches the car up and down, and finds nothing.

Dude declares himself the victim of overaggressive security forces, because damn those rent-a-cops for thinking that a car reeking of weed actually might have weed in it.

Dude shows up to the Coachella board to decry the downfall of the festival, assuming that fellow 420-lovers will chime "Amen!" in unison.

Dude fails to realize that this board primarily consists of obnoxious music snobs and is generally a contest of snark one-upmanship, and nobody gives a shit about his anti-establishment angst.

Thread degenerates into a audiovisual montage of vibes.

The end.
    Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Thanks, dicknose, for summarizing.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

butthurt messiah TheVelvetSmudge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Archie Bunker View Post
    I notice that this guy didn't deny that there was once pot in his car, so I imagine this was the real story:

Dude and his friends find out about the strict no-drugs policy at Coachella, so they get absolutely baked in their car prior to driving in.
    I usually only bring a little weed to festivals, so I can smoke it all real quick-like if I lose balls right before entering. This guy knows what's up, it would seem.

Tell me true, Archie. Is there anything worse on television after 12:00 am than the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson?

Quote Originally Posted by Archie Bunker View Post
    Dude shows up to the Coachella board to decry the downfall of the festival, assuming that fellow 420-lovers will chime "Amen!" in unison.

Dude fails to realize that this board primarily consists of obnoxious music snobs and is generally a contest of snark one-upmanship, and nobody gives a shit about his anti-establishment angst.
    This

Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Thanks GPS for getting this thread back on track.

But what this thread really needs is a post from Brokendoll talking about bad vibrators.

This will also most likely be my last Cochella for a similar reason. It’s true that it’s always been a great place for vibes. I put everything from my pockets into my hat and lift up my t-shirt and stomach to see that there is nothing under my stomach, other than a belt. The female officer this year felt around the bottom of my stomach for whatever reason and just kept doing it. She then made eye contact with the other security guards around her and they all started laughing. I could not have been more embarrassed. This was fucking outrageous. To make it worse, one of them made the comment, “have a great time fat boy.” I landed up running into the same security guards the following morning. The Cochella staff was holding a vibe service. The security guards were confessing what they had done and the Cochella staff member forgave them. That still was not good enough for me. I too will only spend my money on festivals that practice the vibes they teach.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Can I rub your belly this year, FB?

had more contraband shoved up mi culo this year than a Mexican mule.
    Quote Originally Posted by fakekvnty View Post
    All you ladybois want inside this pink slip
    Quote Originally Posted by fakekvnty View Post
    You bitchez will all CUM-ba-ya when y'all see my pee-shooter.
    Follow kvn†y on instagram :: "Lorde is my shepherd. I shall not want."

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    This will also most likely be my last Cochella for a similar reason. It’s true that it’s always been a great place for vibes. I put everything from my pockets into my hat and lift up my t-shirt and stomach to see that there is nothing under my stomach, other than a belt. The female officer this year felt around the bottom of my stomach for whatever reason and just kept doing it. She then made eye contact with the other security guards around her and they all started laughing. I could not have been more embarrassed. This was fucking outrageous. To make it worse, one of them made the comment, “have a great time fat boy.” I landed up running into the same security guards the following morning. The Cochella staff was holding a vibe service. The security guards were confessing what they had done and the Cochella staff member forgave them. That still was not good enough for me. I too will only spend my money on festivals that practice the vibes they teach.
    "I forgive you."
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

From OP's thread "Weekend 2 Epic Car Camping Party"
    What's up crazy Coachella people. Ill be driving in from the LA area for my third Coachella with my 5 friends. We have 2 campsites already and possibly another group meeting us with a third. We are all between 19 and 23.
    Last year we had a group of 6 campsites and we want to go even bigger for 2013. We will be meeting in Indio at a time TBA (we can figure out what works best for everyone). As always we are drink, 420, party, etc, etc. friendly.
    Let's make Coachella 2013 a year to remember. You can message me to share contact info.

Happy Coachella!!! (9 more days!)
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

Now its all coming together...
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Smooches. =)

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    But what this thread really needs is a post from Brokendoll talking about bad vibrators.
    When all else is lost, we can always count on BD to generate a good buzz.

4/20: Godflesh, Cut Hands @ DNA Lounge
    4/21: The Men @ Rickshaw Stop
    4/26: Simian Mobile Disco, Earth @ Pappy and Harriet's
    5/2-5/4: Austin Psych Fest @ Carson Creek Ranch
    5/10: Joey Anderson @ TBA
    5/17: Kishi Bashi @ GAMH
    5/17: Move D b2b Optimo, Jackmaster, J.Phlip @ PW
    5/21: Baths @ The Independent
    5/30: The Decemberists @ The Crystal Ballroom
    6/27: Fuck Buttons @ The Independent
    6/28: Robyn & Royksopp @ Bill Graham

Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

butthurt messiah TheVelvetSmudge's Avatar

Coachella is still amazing. it's getting a little stricter with security but thats because stupid people mess it up for the rest of us and OD or black out and cause a scene! They are honesty pretty lenient, there are not many other places where you can gather with the people you love, smoke a fatty out in the open and listen to live hella good music. My "vibe" wasnt killed, be smart about what you do and what you bring into the fest and then you wont have a problem, who gives a fuck if they check you? if you have nothing on you then laugh it off, and if they find your shit then you didnt plan it right and youre gonna have to make your way over to the saharah tent and scope out a guy and buy more shit. coachella is what you make it my friend, if you let security ruin it for you then youre not a real coachellian.

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Thanks for the heads up, brah
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    kvnty offered me 2 fists for one companion parking pass

Really great post

We've just been lectured about what it means to be a "real coachellian" by a 16 year old girl.