Thread: Let the people bring in water, it's the desert

Default Let the people bring in water, it's the desert

Quote Originally Posted by awwsnappp View Post
    i honestly thought i was going to lose my life at Madonna last year. i think Mogwai was the only other act in that time slot, so probably over half the festival was at the Sahara tent.

that's what it felt like, anyway.
    Tell you what, I really question this venues, don't bring any water in policy. At Madonna. people on a hot day were actually trapped in the middle of a growing, surging crowd.
    The body heat generated made things worse as everybody, waited and waited for her highness to appear. Security trying to keep the growing crowd out, started strapping down the sides of the tent, effectively blocking exits and trapping more heat. I seriously expected a heat stroke death to come out of that debacle.

It the DESERT ffs. I just want to bring a camel back in. What's the problem? Underage drinkers could sneak alcohol in? Tell you what, I'll let security smell my water and the same underage drinkers are sneaking in other drugs.

The concession stands at 2.00 a bottle (last years price) would lose a boatload of generated revenues that add handsomely to Goldenvoice's bottom line. Ahhh, I think were on to something here. But at what cost ? A human life, or a major lawsuit that closes Coachella down.

After getting out of the Sahara Tent the nearest water stand was quite a walk away and there the line was 100 people long.

Allow the people to bring in water

Default Re: Let the people bring in water, it's the desert

Don't worry. My people told me it will be cool & very windy this year.

As I recall, they started lifting the sides of the tent during Madonna.

BTW - read the FAQs about recycling water bottles.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

(in case yablo reads this: that is a picture of some cheese for chuckwalla to serve with his whine)
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckwalla View Post
    Tell you what, I really question this venues, don't bring any water in policy. At Madonna. people on a hot day were actually trapped in the middle of a growing, surging crowd.
    The body heat generated made things worse as everybody, waited and waited for her highness to appear. Security trying to keep the growing crowd out, started strapping down the sides of the tent, effectively blocking exits and trapping more heat. I seriously expected a heat stroke death to come out of that debacle.

It the DESERT ffs. I just want to bring a camel back in. What's the problem? Underage drinkers could sneak alcohol in? Tell you what, I'll let security smell my water and the same underage drinkers are sneaking in other drugs.

The concession stands at 2.00 a bottle (last years price) would lose a boatload of generated revenues that add handsomely to Goldenvoice's bottom line. Ahhh, I think were on to something here. But at what cost ? A human life, or a major lawsuit that closes Coachella down.

After getting out of the Sahara Tent the nearest water stand was quite a walk away and there the line was 100 people long.

Yeah read the FAQ about RECYCLING this year please.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckwalla View Post

Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

I don't drink water. It's bad for the soul. God wants you thirsty.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Dudleyville, AZ (yes, it's a real place!)

they shoulda just sprayed the crowd down with huge hoses
    I don't have anything clever to say right now.
    Tiff's Myspace

Quote Originally Posted by tiffdud41 View Post
    they shoulda just sprayed the crowd down with huge hoses

Heatstroke is the new Arcade Fire.

Banned

Arcade Fire saved music.

E