Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cars of Coachella

Default Re: Cars of Coachella

The fundamental flaw that adds to the dipshittery of this thread is the OP is just lazy or perhaps a moron.

I mean, how crazy would it be to put together a list of all of the gear you're going to bring, estimate the space said gear is going to take up, and Google "trunk capacity of (year) (make) (model)" and do a compare?

Or better yet, just put all of your shit in your car to see if it will fit now?

Stupid questions yield stupid answers.

EDIT: So perhaps more directly, if you think of the number of permutations due to differing camping arrangements, sleeping arrangements, types of cars, size of coolers, etc., you're not going to get a remotely important answer.

Example: I've got a '87 Tercel, a Igloo cooler, Coleman camping stove, and a 3 man tent, but one person sleeps outside, and we go with 3 people, but one is a double amputee, so we can put shit on the floorboards on the drive from Tacoma, Washington, and I've got a Jansen 15" subwoofer in the back that I hook up to a power inverter so we can blast Azalea Banks at 6am. I've got a sick setup, it's the best.
    Last edited by insbordnat; 06-25-2013 at 03:56 PM.
    northside groove...southside groove....eastside groove...westside groove

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    And why does everyone assume that because I pepper my language with profanity that I'm mad? No one knows how to have any fucking fun on here anymore.
    Because your a woman by god!!! those words have no place in a mouth of your kind... jesus fucking christ learn a little fucking respect for the god damn boards.

Na idk just the way you were using em and how they came outa no where compared to previous posts i guess

At the very least, this thread finally nailed down my long sought after respect and endorsement from noted Coachella Board Member Brbahner.

11/20: The Drive by Truckers, Sturgill Simpson @ The Fillmore
    11/21: DJ Harvey @ PW
    11/24: mr. Gnome @ Bottom of the Hill
    11/25: DJ Shadow & Cut Chemist @ Fox Theater Oakland
    11/28: Dixon @ TBA
    12/1: Angel Olsen, Kevin Morby @ GAMH
    12/4: Avi Buffalo @ Brick and Mortar
    12/6: Dream Police @ Brick and Mortar
    12/11: tUnE-yArDs, Cibo Matto @ Fox Theater Oakland
    12/12: Ancient Methods @ Mercer
    12/13: RRose, Carlos Souffrant @ TBA
    12/17: Sleepy Sun @ Brick and Mortar

Quote Originally Posted by insbordnat View Post
    The fundamental flaw that adds to the dipshittery of this thread is the OP is just lazy or perhaps a moron.

I mean, how crazy would it be to put together a list of all of the gear you're going to bring, estimate the space said gear is going to take up, and Google "trunk capacity of (year) (make) (model)" and do a compare?

Or better yet, just put all of your shit in your car to see if it will fit now?

Stupid questions yield stupid answers.
    Yea your off there. already went over this. yes i had a question yes i was lazy in asking it, no i dont give a fuck about how big your trunk is or how much room your gear takes up, im interested in how people with different types sizes and customizations of cars are using them as more of a room/camping gear. pretty much looking for the innovative campers of coachella which are no where to be seen on this thread. just trying to figure out how to handle my shitty car situation have one huge pick up and one tiny tuner is all. but keeping up the conversation with yall seems to bring its own entertainment too so who cares if i ever get an answer

Quote Originally Posted by Brbahner View Post
    Wow someone got mad fast was it the comments on your finances, or perhaps ones about your lack of camp fun?

Obviously stated in the first post CHEVY 1966 PICK UP TRUCK, have you ever seen a car like that or do you stick to the shitty civics? its a big ass truck almost taking up the entire spot. the original questions were not aimed at a middle aged hag going through menopause driving a civic they were more aimed at perhaps a more creative bunch who aim to add their car (which takes up about 70 percent of the spot for most people) to part of their actual camp experience. Like the pick up truck as a bed for example, or bringing small cars to fit BBQ; last year i even saw a old VW van fully camping equipped being used as the kitchen for the rest of the campers in their 8 spots.
    Whoa,whoa,whoa, wait a fucking minute! If guedita is considered a middle-aged hag, then... why, you little fucker!
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

At the very least, this thread finally nailed down my long sought after respect and endorsement from noted Coachella Board Member Brbahner.
    or i could be completely bullshitting in order to tame your snarky comments. Take it as you will it worked from either side you see it.

Well now I'm not sure how soundly I'll sleep tonight.

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

you'll be fine, pillhead.

throw a bag of wine on top if you feel flustered.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Yea your off there. already went over this. yes i had a question yes i was lazy in asking it, no i dont give a fuck about how big your trunk is or how much room your gear takes up, im interested in how people with different types sizes and customizations of cars are using them as more of a room/camping gear. pretty much looking for the innovative campers of coachella which are no where to be seen on this thread. just trying to figure out how to handle my shitty car situation have one huge pick up and one tiny tuner is all. but keeping up the conversation with yall seems to bring its own entertainment too so who cares if i ever get an answer
    I still don't think I understand what your asking, but I was able to surmise:

Shitty situation = having a "tuner" and a huge pickup. Got it.
    Looking for innovative campers. Ok.

Whoa?! A thread called "Camp Site Innovations Thread"? http://www.coachella.com/forum/showt...vations-Thread

You're welcome.
    northside groove...southside groove....eastside groove...westside groove

This is all pretty much about dick size, isn't it?
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

And why does everyone assume that because I pepper my language with profanity that I'm mad? No one knows how to have any fucking fun on here anymore.
    Guedita, I'll have you know that whenever you pepper your language, I sneeze. And, whenever I sneeze, I have an orgasm. Don't stop on this thread just yet...My fun is just beginning!

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    This is all pretty much about dick size, isn't it?
    No No then id be the one with the big truck not my friend. and id also just blatantly come out and post pictures and ask you what you thought about my car. i don't care what yall think about my car i just needed to tell you to explain situation and get a answer from someone who might of had a similar situation. Guedita kept making fun of me for just saying big car little car and what not so i added depth which didnt help and in hind site made me look very duchey yea. at this point the thread should be titled "if your at work and board lets talk shit together and see whos more clever"

Hind site.

Hind site.
    That's it? Fuck, I was so close...

just trying to figure out how to handle my shitty car situation have one huge pick up and one tiny tuner is all. but keeping up the conversation with yall seems to bring its own entertainment too so who cares if i ever get an answer
    My innovative way of getting my large tent to the Coachella campground when driving a small car was to have my friend that I was camping with that had a larger vehicle place some of the tent parts in his vehicle. My tent then took up space left by both my car and his and he set up his tent in the space belonging to another friend that had to drive in separately. We then had plenty of room for other friends that were coming in without cars.

That is to say if you need to drive your small car and your friend needs to drive their large pickup maybe you can be sure to arrive together and some of your gear can go in the truck and you can share some of the space around your small car so that everyone is happy.
    I feel like dad-rock wouldn't get so bad of a rep if we called it pop-rock