Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cars of Coachella

Talking Cars of Coachella

So im in the middle of restoring a older BMW into somewhat of a DD track car, it hit me the other day that its going to be the only car i will have running and street legal around the time of Coachella 2014, my friends coming with me are taking a 66 chevy pick up. we are hoping for the best but expecting to have to start the drive early and stop a few times in between LA and Indio to cool down and gas up. Anyways that doesn't matter; what I'm really interested in here is what cars have people camped with in the past, what seems to be the favorite car (or type of car) and why? Is it better to bring a larger car and sacrifice ground room or a smaller car and sacrifice storage space during the ride. I guess pictures of the camp ground you made would help too.

The Last two years I've gone in bigger SUV's (toyota highlander, Ford Flex) so I'm biased and id say having a big car makes it better, but this year i have no choice (2 door coupe) anyone else done it in a tiny car?

Sorry if this bothers anyone for any reason this is just a question I've had every year I've gone and just ignored it so i figure why not ask while at work waisting time.

Default Re: Cars of Coachella

Hummer or GTFO
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

This bothers me for some reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    This bothers me for some reason.
    Probably because it's a bit silly for someone to put that much stock into how much the size of their car effects a weekend at a music festival.

8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Larger cars are ok if you're going to sleep in it. If not, the smaller the car the better.

Also, I've taken a Ford Ranger every year. Great for hauling a lot of stuff and doesn't take up too much space.

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Probably because it's a bit silly for someone to put that much stock into how much the size of their car effects a weekend at a music festival.
    What can i say, i guess i type more than i think i do. Always a pleasure to have my thread spat upon by the wretched guedita No thread is complete without it to be honest... and i'm not even being sarcastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Brbahner View Post
    What can i say, i guess i type more than i think i do. Always a pleasure to have my thread spat upon by the wretched guedita No thread is complete without it to be honest... and i'm not even being sarcastic.
    Pffft, "Wretched guedita's" spit can't hold a candle to completing a thread quite like one of my posts can in killing it...
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

I enjoyed The Black Key's 2009 performance vastly more than their 2012 headlining set, and upon reflection it's definitely because I brought a Toyota 4-Runner in '09 and a Honda Civic ES in '12.

I enjoyed The Black Key's 2009 performance vastly more than their 2012 headlining set, and upon reflection it's definitely because I brought a Toyota 4-Runner in '09 and a Honda Civic ES in '12.
    That is only because that was the first time you had driven that Toyota 4-Runner in '09, but had been driving your Honda Civic ES in '12 for three years in a row.

This is what I roll in...

No, I pushed in a junked out jalopy in 2011, knowing that this experience would have a manifest impact on my enjoyment of Arcade Fire's "Ready to Start."

What cars would pair best with the 2014 headliners?
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    See how wrong you are, Tommy? Randy is agreeing with you.

What I wonder is how all those people biking in can possibly enjoy themselves without having a car in the campgrounds to go back to.

Quote Originally Posted by mountmccabe View Post
    Hummers

Quote Originally Posted by Robin View Post
    This is what I roll in...

Sperm? Doesn't all the dust from the fields end up sticking to you?

No, I pushed in a junked out jalopy in 2011, knowing that this experience would have a manifest impact on my enjoyment of Arcade Fire's "Ready to Start."
    Okay, phukit...guedita wins with her sarcasm. I'm forever humbled...

Quote Originally Posted by mountmccabe View Post
    Cars? How about space ships? Triangular shaped spaceships with various modifications collected over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin View Post
    Hummers
    I'm still trying to adapt to a new album I got about a month or so ago...So far, I can only hum some of the verses while snapping my fingers to stay awake.
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Theres your problem you obviously got way poorer between the three years. Recession aftershocks still?

in all seriousness i meant how does it affect the camping situation. i don't think cars have any effect on actual coachella but when CARcamping has the word CAR in it then perhaps it might play a factor. i wasn't even sure if it did so i asked.

Hummers
    im waiting for "The festival guy" to come in and tell you how your ruining the experience with your non eco friendly car. BURN THE GAS BURN IT ALL

im waiting for "The festival guy" to come in and tell you how your ruining the experience with your non eco friendly car.
    maybe he'll tell you what type of fun stickers to put on your car for the optimal festival experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by SubBass49 View Post
    Listen to Ron if you don't want to listen to me. Or will you call his experience into question as well? He's probably one of the most (if not THE most) respected members of this board.

Okay. With the Toyota 4 Runner I was able to sit in the back with the top popped open to wipe the dirt on my legs off. With the Honda Civic, this had to be done while sitting in the camping chair I brought.

Quote Originally Posted by swiftmaggot View Post
    maybe he'll tell you what type of fun stickers to put on your car for the optimal festival experience.
    OOOO stickers ... why arnt you the festival guy?

Originally Posted by guedita

Okay. With the Toyota 4 Runner I was able to sit in the back with the top popped open to wipe the dirt on my legs off. With the Honda Civic, this had to be done while sitting in the camping chair I brought.
    your camp site sounds like a whole lot of fun, i cant believe you spared the time to even think of bringing chairs. its a music festival for god sakes your not supposed to spare precious time that could be spent thinking about sets on what camp equipment to bring.

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

I got too drunk regardless of what vehicle I took
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

Are you suggesting that, when at the campground, you spend a fair portion of your time interacting with your fucking car and that the size and make of it somehow has a noticeable, material effect on your camping experience? Unless your camping in your car, or in the bed of a truck, or attaching your shade structure to your car (which, by the way, isn't really going to have a manifest impact on the place you're actually hanging out and sleeping either), it doesn't fucking matter.

"How much camping gear am I bringing?"

"This much"

"Does it fit in (car I intend to take)?"

You've now just spent 5 incredibly meaningful seconds thinking about your car's role in camping at Coachella.

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Cara, are you on the rag?
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

Are you suggesting that, when at the campground, you spend a fair portion of your time interacting with your fucking car and that the size and make of it somehow has a noticeable, material effect on your camping experience? Unless your camping in your car, or in the bed of a truck, or attaching your shade structure to your car (which, by the way, isn't really going to have a manifest impact on the place you're actually hanging out and sleeping either), it doesn't fucking matter.
    Wow someone got mad fast was it the comments on your finances, or perhaps ones about your lack of camp fun?

Obviously stated in the first post CHEVY 1966 PICK UP TRUCK, have you ever seen a car like that or do you stick to the shitty civics? its a big ass truck almost taking up the entire spot. the original questions were not aimed at a middle aged hag going through menopause driving a civic they were more aimed at perhaps a more creative bunch who aim to add their car (which takes up about 70 percent of the spot for most people) to part of their actual camp experience. Like the pick up truck as a bed for example, or bringing small cars to fit BBQ; last year i even saw a old VW van fully camping equipped being used as the kitchen for the rest of the campers in their 8 spots.

Ive never seen you get mad enough to post twice Cara. as much as you annoy me you've gained some Coachella board credentials and i respect you as much as i get bothered by half the shit you say. So im sorry i bothered you for once (a personal goal of mine for a while), but you have the obvious option to leave the thread if you don't care about cars at all or how they will effect car camping. Thanks for the conversation though :]

Wow someone got mad fast was it the comments on your finances, or perhaps ones about your lack of camp fun?

Obviously stated in the first post CHEVY 1966 PICK UP TRUCK, have you ever seen a car like that or do you stick to the shitty civics? its a big ass truck almost taking up the entire spot. the original questions were not aimed at a middle aged hag going through menopause driving a civic they were more aimed at perhaps a more creative bunch who aim to add their car (which takes up about 70 percent of the spot for most people) to part of their actual camp experience. Like the pick up truck as a bed for example, or bringing small cars to fit BBQ; last year i even saw a old VW van fully camping equipped being used as the kitchen for the rest of the campers in their 8 spots.
    I guess the problem is that, aside from this being an inquiry as boring as asking people what different neon colors they use to spice up their wardrobes worn on the campsite, you don't in your original post ask for people to give unique, integrated-car-in-camp-spot answers. You state that you've done it in a big car, but don't expand about how that in any way had some noticeable effect on your camping experience, and then ask if anyone's ever done it in a small car and lol how was it?

So im in the middle of restoring a older BMW into somewhat of a DD track car, it hit me the other day that its going to be the only car i will have running and street legal around the time of Coachella 2014, my friends coming with me are taking a 66 chevy pick up. we are hoping for the best but expecting to have to start the drive early and stop a few times in between LA and Indio to cool down and gas up. Anyways that doesn't matter; what I'm really interested in here is what cars have people camped with in the past, what seems to be the favorite car (or type of car) and why? Is it better to bring a larger car and sacrifice ground room or a smaller car and sacrifice storage space during the ride. I guess pictures of the camp ground you made would help too.

The Last two years I've gone in bigger SUV's (toyota highlander, Ford Flex) so I'm biased and id say having a big car makes it better, but this year i have no choice (2 door coupe) anyone else done it in a tiny car?

Sorry if this bothers anyone for any reason this is just a question I've had every year I've gone and just ignored it so i figure why not ask while at work waisting time.
    I mean, we're all at work waisting time here, even under 30 middle aged bitches like myself.

So yeah WHAT'S EVERYONE'S FAVORITE CAR THEY'VE CAMPED WITH? FAVORITE TYPE OF HAT WORN AT THE CAMPSITE? FAVORITE TOOTH BRUSH BRAND USED?

And why does everyone assume that because I pepper my language with profanity that I'm mad? No one knows how to have any fucking fun on here anymore.

HAHA yea yea ok very true you did get me there. i wrote a whole lot about nothing, but after last year seeing the innovative cars i guess thats what i was shooting for and figured people would just come and want to show off what they had done. instead i got Guedita sarcasaming all over my thread and the quick and expected appearances by gaypalmsprings and the creep of course. How does it feel to be coachella internet famous by the way you guys? ive honestly wondered how that even happens. Shit ton of posts im guessing?

I mean, we're all at work waisting time here, even under 30 middle aged bitches like myself.
    and as for calling you old, i apologize, your damn avatar throws me off along with being in the 40+ crew. but your still a bitch no matter the age. I know you wear that badge big and proud

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

And why does everyone assume that because I pepper my language with profanity that I'm mad? No one knows how to have any fucking fun on here anymore.
    i've often wondered why people think it takes anger to press keys in an order that results in profanity.

in realitym, the next wave in message board technology should include sound so anger can be judged by how quickly each post is formed.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me