Thread: My Reviews On Weekend 2

Post My Reviews On Weekend 2

Hi there fellow Coachellans,

If you guys are interested, here is my five-article series on my first Coachella experience. I am a South African freelance music journalist, and got the opportunity of a lifetime to attend and report on the second weekend of the festival this year.

- Introduction - "An Artistic And Musical Oasis" (http://www.theeaglesnestza.com/2013/06/13/coachella-2013-intro-musical-oasis)
    - Day 1, Friday - "You Got Me Dancin' In The Sun" (http://www.theeaglesnestza.com/2013/...day-dancin-sun)
    - Day 2, Saturday - "Entertainment, Show Them What You Do To Me" (http://www.theeaglesnestza.com/2013/06/16/coachella-2013-day-2-saturday-entertainment)
    - Day 3, Sunday - "Californication" (http://www.theeaglesnestza.com/2013/...alifornication)
    - Summary - "This Is The One" (http://www.theeaglesnestza.com/2013/...his-is-the-one)

Here is the list of artists that I managed to see:

Friday:
    - Aesop Rock (1 or 2 songs)
    - Johnny Marr (full set)
    - Japandroids (first 3/4's)
    - Alt-J (second 2/3's)
    - Passion Pit (half set)
    - Palma Violets (second 3/4's)
    - Beach House (full set)
    - Band of Horses (first 3/4's)
    - The Stone Roses (second 3/4's)
    - Foals (second 3/4's)
    - Blur (second 2/3's)

Saturday:
    - Dropkick Murphys (1 or 2 songs)
    - Ben Howard (1 or 2 songs)
    - Violent Femmes (1 or 2 songs)
    - Bat For Lashes (second 3/4's)
    - Hot Chip (second 3/4's)
    - The Postal Service (full set)
    - The xx (full set)
    - Phoenix (full set)
    - New Order (last song)

Sunday:
    - The Gaslight Anthem (full set)
    - Dinosaur Jr. (full set)
    - Tame Impala (full set)
    - Vampire Weekend (second 3/4's)
    - Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds (full set)
    - Red Hot Chili Peppers (full set)

Weekend 2 was one of the happiest weekends of my life, and I hope that I can make it to Coachella again in 2014, and beyond! Let me know if you agree with my choices in my reviews, I'd appreciate any feedback.

Yours in music,

Kurt

Default Re: My Reviews On Weekend 2

The only thing I didn't enjoy was the background color of your site. Brown makes me think of poop. Besides that, it was a really good read. I really liked the titles of each article and they were the perfect length. It didn't feel stretched out. Keep up the good work!

Quote Originally Posted by Josephjuliann View Post
    The only thing I didn't enjoy was the background color of your site. Brown makes me think of poop. Besides that, it was a really good read. I really liked the titles of each article and they were the perfect length. It didn't feel stretched out. Keep up the good work!
    Thank you very much! Yeah, I chose that colour scheme so it ties in with the feel of a 'nest' (The Eagle's Nest). The titles (except for the introduction) are all song lyrics/titles of artists that played on that particular day, and in the case of the summary, over the weekend:

Day 1: Palma Violets - 'Step Up For The Cool Cats' (taken from the bridge)
    Day 2: Phoenix - 'Entertainment' (the chorus)
    Day 3: Red Hot Chili Peppers - 'Californication' (the album and the song)
    Summary: The Stone Roses - 'This Is The One' (song title)

Great to hear that you liked the lengths, as I really wanted to make sure that each performance got a decent review.

Good read, good pics, very nice job. I did leave a comment (I mistook "mail" for address not EMail though). As much as you seemed to enjoy Coachella, you should consider Bonnaroo next time. Although a lot alike, completely different in many ways ... Tnx again for the read and glad you enjoyed the states and the fest. cr**** (Colorado Ron)
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Good read, good pics, very nice job. I did leave a comment (I mistook "mail" for address not EMail though). As much as you seemed to enjoy Coachella, you should consider Bonnaroo next time. Although a lot alike, completely different in many ways ... Tnx again for the read and glad you enjoyed the states and the fest. cr**** (Colorado Ron)
    Thank you, I saw that. Yes, Bonnaroo does seem more of my vibe, as I am a big rock fan. I'm just so grateful for the quantity and diversity of festivals that you have there in the States. You look at these lineups and can't believe who's headlining! What a privilege to have that much choice in your own backyard