Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Sasquatch! Festival 2014

Default Re: Sasquatch! Festival 2014

GOOD MORNING!

A limited number of discounted 3-day festival passes for the 2014 festival - May 23-25 (Memorial Day) and July 4-6 (Fourth of July) - will be available starting THIS Friday, November 29th at 9:00 A.M. (PST) via sasquatchfestival.com and will remain available through 11:45 P.M. on December 31st (or while supplies last). Discounted passes are available if purchasing both weekends.

The completely separate lineups for the two weekends will be announced in full in February. 2014 is just around the corner!
    Ouch. They are really going to try and make people blind buy two festivals, not just one by having a discount.

From the Sasquatch Facebook

The murder capital where we murder for capital

How is that different than blind buying any other festival? I blind buy Coachella every year without knowing a lineup. I imagine plenty of people go to Sasquatch every single year no matter what the lineup is too so this will save those people some money.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    How is that different than blind buying any other festival? I blind buy Coachella every year without knowing a lineup. I imagine plenty of people go to Sasquatch every single year no matter what the lineup is too so this will save those people some money.
    Double the $$ commitment and both weekends are major holidays which means some have to decline competing events.

Filling 2 entire festival lineup with a world class lineup in this part of the world on those weekends is an ambitious task.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

What does the Gorge hold 25,000 people? I can see this selling out easy over 2 holiday weekends drawing fans from Seattle, Portland and Canada. I'm sure they've done their research. It doesn't seem far fetched to me. They've been at this for a decade.

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

OPTIONAL
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

If you lived in the area this is a pretty good deal, especially with the 2 separate lineups.
    July 29 - Boris
    August 1 - Black Label Society
    August 14 - Nine Inch Nails/Soundgarden/DEP
    August 27 - Röyksopp & Robyn
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 5 - Seth Troxler
    September 14 - Lily Allen
    September 16 - Earth
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 12 - Austin City Limits: Day 3
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Metal Festival
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 23 - Caribou

at least it looks like both lineups will be announced at the same time.
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 • 2007 • 2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater) • 10/3-5 Austin City Limits •

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    Because you have to blind buy BOTH festivals, to get the discount. At least with Coachella, you know what you are getting. Know one knows anything about the July festival. Or how the May festival is going to look like along with the July Festival.

Edit: But you are right, both will most likely sell out either way, since it is on a holiday weekends for both of them. The Gorge in July is going to be HOT though!

old school

Quote Originally Posted by scenicworld View Post
    at least it looks like both lineups will be announced at the same time.
    Looks like Sasq 1, Sasq 2, Pemberton and Squamish will all announce around the same time.

3 times the passes needed to be moved compared to last 2013 all at locations within a couple hours of one another.

I'd put money on Pemberton faceplanting, especially if Squamish did in fact land the province exclusive Arcade Fire gig.

Tool skips Seattle on their little mini tour in March. What does it mean? I have no idea, but I would lost my shit if I got to see Tool at the Gorge.

- Tuesday, March 4: Spokane, WA @ Spokane Arena
    - Thursday, March 6: Portland, OR @ MODA CENTER
    - Friday, March 7: Eugene, OR @ Matthew Knight Arena
    - Sunday, March 9: Reno, NV @ Reno Event Center
    - Tuesday, March 11: San Francisco, CA @ Bill Graham Civic

old school

Quote Originally Posted by davers View Post
    Tool skips Seattle on their little mini tour in March. What does it mean? I have no idea, but I would lost my shit if I got to see Tool at the Gorge.

- Tuesday, March 4: Spokane, WA @ Spokane Arena
    - Thursday, March 6: Portland, OR @ MODA CENTER
    - Friday, March 7: Eugene, OR @ Matthew Knight Arena
    - Sunday, March 9: Reno, NV @ Reno Event Center
    - Tuesday, March 11: San Francisco, CA @ Bill Graham Civic
    They last played the top 3 cities in 2007. They played Vancouver/Seattle in 2010.

old school

Foster the People's May dates have Sasquatch sized hole.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    Foster the People's May dates have Sasquatch sized hole.
    Yeah the other buzz right now is Cage the Elephant, The National and Foals.

Word on the street is Outkast for Maysquatch, not that this will come as a huge shock to anyone.

Cold War Kids and others are playing the Sasquatch release party on Feb 3rd at the Neptune...
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Hey Betty, how about I take you out some time, we have a nice dinner, some drinks, make fun of some darkies, then I beat the shit out of you on the Sunset Strip and we fuck behind the Whisky. Sound like a plan?
    Quote Originally Posted by stuporfly View Post
    Taking a wizard shit in the ocean is so Jack Johnson.

old school

Neko Case should be playing MaySquatch per her new tour dates.

http://consequenceofsound.net/2014/0...nson-headline/
    This is the same weekend as MaySquatch in Boston. Unlikely any of these acts play both unless they want a big flying bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    Neko Case should be playing MaySquatch per her new tour dates.

http://consequenceofsound.net/2014/0...nson-headline/
    This is the same weekend as MaySquatch in Boston. Unlikely any of these acts play both unless they want a big flying bill.
    How big of a flying bill is it though? Hasn't Sasquatch flown in acts from Europe on a same weekend?

It's been done before, but it isn't very common. The craziest one I can think of was Das Rasist playing Spain and about 24 hours later playing Sasquatch.

Didn't Pavement do this and Primavera in 2010?

It's been done before, but it isn't very common. The craziest one I can think of was Das Rasist playing Spain and about 24 hours later playing Sasquatch.
    11 artists did it last year. It is pretty common.

Pavement played at Primavera on a Thursday and flew back to play Sasquatch that weekend. Needless to say people at Sasquatch said they sounded like ass. Postal Service did it last year too. The advantage Sasquatch has is that they have the Monday to get those bands to fly back.

Quote Originally Posted by andymcdandy View Post
    11 artists did it last year. It is pretty common.
    It was easier when Sasquatch was 4 days. Primavera was something like Thursday - Saturday and Sasquatch was Friday - Monday.

With Boston Calling the 3 days are a direct overlap, so I'm not expecting a lot of bands to play both. Who knows though, I just hope Jack Johnson stays far away from Sasquatch, which looks very likely.

On the other hand Primavera doesn't happen on the same weekend as Sasquatch this year so crossover is probably a little more likely.

I remember when Mogwai played an ATP on Saturday in 2012 they didn't make it in time for their Monday evening set.
    7/26 Au Revoir Simone @ The Roxy, 8/1 Arcade Fire, the Unicorns, Dan Deacon at the Forum, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go, @ Observatory, 8/9 Warpaint @ Observatory, 8/10 Warpaint @ The Ace, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/11 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Chvrches @ Palladium, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

Word on the street is Outkast for Maysquatch, not that this will come as a huge shock to anyone.
    Given how many festivals they said they were playing, I'd expect them to show up at most of the major festivals. I think there will be plenty of chances to see them if that's a goal of yours.

On a side note, Arcade Fire is playing the Gorge in August, I'm happy that I won't have to compete with the festival going crowd to catch that performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    I remember when Mogwai played an ATP on Saturday in 2012 they didn't make it in time for their Monday evening set.
    Yep. I walked by their stage before Beck and remember thinking they sounded nothing like what I expected live, and then found out the next day that they moved Spiritualized to that slot instead.

Sasquatch does a terrible job of letting people know about stage changes and cancellations.

Yep. I walked by their stage before Beck and remember thinking they sounded nothing like what I expected live, and then found out the next day that they moved Spiritualized to that slot instead.

Sasquatch does a terrible job of letting people know about stage changes and cancellations.
    Yeah that was awesome waiting for Azealia Banks last year and instead getting an empty stage for an hour and then an extended Imagine Dragons set instead. Thanks for the heads up!

old school

It's very quiet on the headliner front. Outkast and probably QOTSA should be 2/6.

Consider Nick Cave as a headliner for Julyquatch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Funkaho View Post
    Man, the Beatles were overrated like gravity is overrated. ......... Say what you want, but statements like "the Beatles were overrated" make me much less likely to listen to anything you say afterward.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by MarkO View Post
    Consider Nick Cave as a headliner for Julyquatch.
    Friday the 4th, even with the Seattle show booked? STG promoted show with tix still available.

Sat 06/28/14 Edmonton, AB Northern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium
    Mon 06/30/14 Vancouver, BC Orpheum
    Wed 07/02/14 Seattle, WA Paramount Theatre
    Sat 07/05/14 Portland, OR Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall
    Mon 07/07/14 San Francisco, CA Warfield Theatre
    Tue 07/08/14 San Francisco, CA Warfield Theatre

Sasquatch got rid of the Monday.. One of the main reasons I went last year was 4 days of music. I will probably never go back to Sasquatch now that its only 3 days. It is a fun festival but so fucking disorganized.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    Wouldn't it be hilarious if Daft Punk were to play, but at the end, they take of their helmets and it was Justice all along? And they're all like "We are Juusteeeece!"