Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Sasquatch! Festival 2014

Default Re: Sasquatch! Festival 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    Can't wait for Neko Case or Metric to "headline".
    Hahaha best post of the thread. Aint that the fucking sad truth of this whole deal...

Isn't the Friday of this thing only like one or two stages for six hours, anyway? Or is it a full day all four days?
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8r408 View Post
    The word "lulzy" is offensive.

The friday is a half day essentially. So are they going to poach bands that play Capitol Hill Block Party now? And make it harder on Bumbershoot too? This seems counterproductive for them in regards to festival variety and such.

Ooh 3 day 4th of July weekend next year! ...is all I get out of this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    i fucking hate women with their lives together who try and help other people. where are the needy bitches at?!

Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post
    Isn't the Friday of this thing only like one or two stages for six hours, anyway? Or is it a full day all four days?
    When it used to be a 3 day fest, it was 3 full days of music. From noon till about midnight or 1ish. When it expanded to four, the Friday was a half day. Now that it is back to 3, I am assuming it will be 3 full days of music for both Fests.

Also, I imagine Sasquatch will announce both line ups at the same time. Probably early February like usual. I wonder how presale is going to go down though...
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    The friday is a half day essentially. So are they going to poach bands that play Capitol Hill Block Party now? And make it harder on Bumbershoot too? This seems counterproductive for them in regards to festival variety and such.
    Living in Vancouver is means that 200 acts will have their summer tour plans routed through the Northwest over 2 weeks with no promise of returning any other time of the year. It creates quite a traffic jam of acts for fans that actually want to see full sets.

It'll be curious to see if Edmonton's Sonic Boom, Portland's music NW or Squamish festival switch up their dates to piggy back acts.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    Also, I imagine Sasquatch will announce both line ups at the same time. Probably early February like usual. I wonder how presale is going to go down though...
    I could see them staggering the announcements to minimize comparisons between lineups and people feeling they have to "choose".

I could see them staggering the announcements to minimize comparisons between lineups and people feeling they have to "choose".
    I think they would have to announce both at the same time. Otherwise you will get people who want to wait for the second weekend line up only to find out they prefer it to the first weekend but then it's already sold out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

old school

Quote Originally Posted by unit300021 View Post
    I think they would have to announce both at the same time. Otherwise you will get people who want to wait for the second weekend line up only to find out they prefer it to the first weekend but then it's already sold out.
    You could always find post sell out tickets to this festival week of event for near face value. Doubling ticket inventory will only make it easier.

I think there will be 2-4 lineup announcements like they have sometimes done in the past.

I am excited about the possibilities this opens up.

I don't really get why they both have to be named Sasquatch? It's two different festivals at the same venue.
    06,11,12,13,14(1+2)

Quote Originally Posted by Shaxspear View Post
    I don't really get why they both have to be named Sasquatch? It's two different festivals at the same venue.
    Yeah they should just call it a different but related name like the Gnarwal fest brought to you by the same team that does Sasquatch and no one would complain. Due to the low relative capacity of the Gorge they should be able to sell out both fests no problem as long as they have solid line ups.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaxspear View Post
    Same reason why Coachella and S.S. Coachella shared the same name despite being two completely different events. They believe the "Sasquatch" name is necessary to sell now.
    Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

Top to bottom, they cant even out one festival of solid acts together. Twois going to be stretched thin. Put me in the "this is going to be a flop" group.

Quote Originally Posted by gam3g3ni3 View Post
    Top to bottom, they cant even out one festival of solid acts together. Twois going to be stretched thin. Put me in the "this is going to be a flop" group.
    They sold out in hours this year with a festival that according to you didn't have a entire roster of solid acts. I think they are going to be okay.

Quote Originally Posted by bemerritt View Post
    Damn, I was finally planning on making it next year. Now I have to pick which weekend and hope for a lineup more in my favor. Most people purchase pre-sales before a lineup right?
    This year the lineup was available before tickets went on sale to the general public. I assume this would also be a must for the two weekend structure.

Quote Originally Posted by gam3g3ni3 View Post
    Strongly disagree, this years lineup was SOLID. Especially compared to the lineup I am going to see at Outside Lands. Each to their own taste though I suppose.
    Last edited by GBVFan; 06-14-2013 at 06:57 AM.

You could always find post sell out tickets to this festival week of event for near face value. Doubling ticket inventory will only make it easier.
    This year that didn't happen. Even the day before the fest tickets were still going for $500 on stubhub. Demand was insane this year and now all of the sudden they think they can make that happen for 2 weekends.

Quote Originally Posted by unit300021 View Post
    I doubt that would happen. With the exception of this year Sasquatch has never sold out that fast.

Quote Originally Posted by GBVFan View Post
    This year the lineup was available before tickets went on sale to the general public. I assume this would also be a must for the two weekend structure.
    For the last 3 years they have had a presale starting around November. This year it was $300 presale and $337 after the lineup came out. They have never sold all of their tickets in the presale though. I would guess that the presales will do worse this year since less people will want to commit to one date only to find out that the other date has a lineup they like more. The only thing I could see them doing to avoid this is letting you buy a ticket and choose which weekend you want to attend after the lineups come out. I strongly doubt they would be able to pull that off though.

Daft Punk playing both.

I wish I lived in the Pacific Northwest

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superdeluxe View Post
    They sold out in hours this year with a festival that according to you didn't have a entire roster of solid acts. I think they are going to be okay.
    The last 4-5 years ACL has sold out within hours of releasing tickets. A couple of years in a row they even sold out faster than Coachella. This year they switched to two weekends and only sold out the first weekend. It's been over a month and Weekend 2 still hasn't sold out. I think the only way that Sasquatch can sell out both is to have extremely strong headliners. I really think this is too big of a risk for Sasquatch.

(That's not to say that I don't want it to succeed, I definitely do. Hopefully I can do the July 4th weekend.)
    April 22 - Thee Silver Mt. Zion Memorial
    April 24 - Godflesh / Mogwai
    April 26 - Cloud Nothings
    May 1 - Ghost
    May 2-4 - Austin Psych Fest
    May 23 - Saint Vitus
    May 27 - Fu Manchu
    June 6-8 - X Games Concerts
    June 12-14 - Sónar Barcelona
    June 27 - Deafheaven / Swans

Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    Muse might as well named themselves the Pablo Honeys.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    The last 4-5 years ACL has sold out within hours of releasing tickets. A couple of years in a row they even sold out faster than Coachella. This year they switched to two weekends and only sold out the first weekend. It's been over a month and Weekend 2 still hasn't sold out. I think the only way that Sasquatch can sell out both is to have extremely strong headliners. I really think this is too big of a risk for Sasquatch.

(That's not to say that I don't want it to succeed, I definitely do. Hopefully I can do the July 4th weekend.)
    To be fair, ACL's lineup didn't go over too well with the Austin crowd.
    Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

I, for one, am excited about enjoying some music on July 4th at the Gorge.

old school

Between Sasquatch and Squamish, promoters for think they can go from roughly 40,000 passes sold in 2012 or 2013 to close to 80,000 in 2014.

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

if the festiival doesn't do well they'll go back to one weekend. festivals i should say. i don't see what the big deal is. if nothing else, it'll be less crowded. seems like a win/win.

two lineups and less people at each.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

old school

Quote Originally Posted by heart cooks brain View Post
    if the festiival doesn't do well they'll go back to one weekend. festivals i should say. i don't see what the big deal is. if nothing else, it'll be less crowded. seems like a win/win.

two lineups and less people at each.
    A couple dozen acts next summer may only play a single show in the Northwest, and a truncated set. Given music fans big logistical night mares and guesswork.

For instance, if you want to see QOTSA in the Northwest this summer your only choice is Squamish and being on the hook for a good $300 just to see the one performance. Through an industry source I've heard their touring goes deep into 2014, but there are acts on the summer festivals that don't really do other shows - or if they do it's in Bend, Oregon.

old school

City & Colour just announced a May 23rd 2014 Vancouver show at Deer Lake Park with Half Moon Run opening.

I also know of a very cool sub-headliner act booked a in the area for the July Sasquatch. It's announced next week to coincide with their notable Black Friday RSD release.

Flaming Lips are playing Vancouver in July? Cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    Flaming Lips are playing Vancouver in July? Cool.
    Nope. Non-US group that I would pick over the Lips any day. Orpheum show.