Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jagwar Ma is everything that is right with music

Default Re: Jagwar Ma is everything that is right with music

From the videos I've seen, they don't seem to be able to fully capture their sound live just yet, which I am no too surprised by. Hopefully they will have some improvements over time.
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Nocturnal Wonderland Saturday, Cut Chemist/Dj Shadow - Palladium, Massive Attack SB Bowl, Festival Supreme, Coachella 2015

Thanks for the introduction! Loving these guys. Just bought tickets to see them at Mercury Lounge.

Just bought a ticket for them at the echo. Can't beat a $12 ticket for these guys. Anyone else?
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Nocturnal Wonderland Saturday, Cut Chemist/Dj Shadow - Palladium, Massive Attack SB Bowl, Festival Supreme, Coachella 2015

yep, they are pretty awesome live
    Dec: DJ Jazzy Jeff & Skillz, The Roots, Jack Johnson
    Jan: Field Day, Wolf + Lamb, Soul Clap, Medlar, Jacques Renault, Avicii
    Feb: St Jerome's Laneway Festival
    Apr: Coachella Arts & Music Festival
    Jul: Peanut Butter Wolf, Mako
    Sep: Kanye West, Listen Out Festival

Quote Originally Posted by mmwwwhahaha View Post
    Thanks for the introduction! Loving these guys. Just bought tickets to see them at Mercury Lounge.
    I'll be there. $15 is the beauty of finding an awesome band before they blow up. I was surprised.

Default Re: Jagwar Ma is Everything That is Right with Music

They've made it on to the must see list for me at Bestival.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Saw this thread a few weeks ago and checked out Howlin. Now I listen to it a couple of times a week. Looking forward to the Mercury Lounge show and hopefully at Coachella also. Thanks for the tip.

Default Re: Jagwar Ma is Everything That is Right with Music

Saw them at Bestival. EASILY one of my favorites of the weekend. Totally fun dance party live; better live than on record, actually. Really need to book these guys for 2014.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

"Come Save Me" actually got some Bay Area radio play one night on Live 105, looking forward to seeing them at Rickshaw Stop.

Playing Lincoln Hall in Chicago on 11/27. I imagine a small US tour will be happening as well.

At The Echo in LA on October 4th.

Edit - Here is their tour schedule

Last edited by shotglass75; 09-29-2013 at 02:08 PM.
    Check out Sleeping is Giving in for great mixes and other cool stuff

Headed home after the Mercury Lounge show. They were really, really good. Still need some fine tuning, but great energy and perfect for a hazy afternoon dance party.

Quote Originally Posted by dtmnyc View Post
    Headed home after the Mercury Lounge show. They were really, really good. Still need some fine tuning, but great energy and perfect for a hazy afternoon dance party.
    They had the energy, but I'm not sure they are practiced enough for a stage as big as Coachella.. I enjoyed the extended jams in most of their set, but I thought their singer was off-key and that they screwed around with the sound too much on Uncertainty.

I asked if they were playing any US festivals next year and if any were on a polo field in California.. They said they were in talks and said we might see them there. Hardly confirmation but oh well.

In talks is a good sign
    Hopefully we see them on the poster in January

Quote Originally Posted by Krellish View Post
    They had the energy, but I'm not sure they are practiced enough for a stage as big as Coachella.
    They just played a 50k festival in a tent the size of the Gobi. So not sure what you're talking about.

Saw them at Glasto, their energy should not be in question. Had the tent loving it very early in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    They just played a 50k festival in a tent the size of the Gobi. So not sure what you're talking about.
    Good to know. They just seemed off for a bit towards the beginning of their set, and the Mercury Lounge is a 250 capacity venue, so maybe it was just hard for me to translate that live show to a much larger stage.

It does look like they do have about 2 years of touring under their belts, so there's that.

I'll go find a youtube clip of them at Glasto.

Could have been having an off night too. I mean, we were on the rail when we saw them and it was super fun up there.

They played a free Amoeba show in SF yesterday. Aside from some minor technical difficulties they were really awesome. Had fantastic energy, especially for a setting like Amoeba. Would love to see them again on the Polo Field
    MY NEW 2014 COACHELECTRO MIX! 58 of This Years Artists In Just 50 Minutes! FREE DOWNLOAD!
    https://soundcloud.com/taktik-3/the-...coachelectro-2

Really excited to see them tonight. have not been expecting much, just because they have such a full sound on record, glad to hear they are full of energy and put on a great show. Wotty Woot. Goin solo. anyone wanna meet up?

These guys rocked it at Bestival! Thought it was much better live than on cd. I would love to see them again at Coachella!

Love the journey this remix takes me on.

https://soundcloud.com/jagwar-ma/com...-pachanga-boys

really diggin this..glad i saw this. thanks OP!

Download an audio rip of their Pitchfork Paris set right here.

http://www.sleepingisgivingin.com/

So this band is so fucking good live that all I could think to write about how fucking good they are live is that they are so fucking good live. Everything you'd want from a live show these guys brought to the stage. They gave off great energy, the music was beyond perfection, they changed the songs up a bit and really brought a great groove to their songs that already had a great groove. Talked to them before the show and they cool dudes who were really excited about being in the States again. Didn't get around to asking about Coachella but fuck. Mojave, anytime when it's dark, packed tent, going to be brilliant. Go see these guys live on this tour if you get a chance.

Sounds great, Im really kicking myself for not seeing their Chicago show, but it was just impossible to make. Their Pitchfork webcast was incredible, they had such an incredible vibe going, you could really tell the crowd went from casually bobbin their heads to full on jumping up and down completely in to it. These guys better be at Coachella! It will be a top priority for me.
    Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

Here's the entire Pitchfork Paris video webcast in an mp4 file. All I did was a screen capture, but it looks and sound pretty great if you ask me. It's almost a gig. Not sure when the link expires though so grab it while you can.

http://we.tl/gQXq8JdpsY
    Last edited by shotglass75; 11-29-2013 at 06:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shotglass75 View Post
    Here's the entire Pitchfork Paris video webcast in an mp4 file. All I did was a screen capture, but it looks and sound pretty great if you ask me. It's almost a gig. Not sure when the link expires though so grab it while you can.

https://www.wetransfer.com/downloads...9030045/76486f
    no fuckin way! thank you! I wanted to do the same, but with my laptop, usually when im screen capturing it stutters or buffers and audio clicks. no idea why.
    Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

No problemo. I use Quicktime to do my screen capture and had no real issues.