Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Macklemore?!?!!?!

Default Re: Macklemore?!?!!?!

Quote Originally Posted by brukftw View Post
    Name 15 new rappers better than Macklemore.
    1. J-Cole
    2. Kendrick
    3. K.R.I.T.
    4. A$AP
    5. Cyhi da Prince
    6. Big Sean
    7. Danny Brown
    8. Hopsin
    9. Joey Bada$$
    10. Chilidish Gambino
    11. Chief Keef
    12. Schoolboy Q
    13. Meek Mill
    14. Travi$ Scott
    15. Wale

Those are 15 newer rappers that I would take over Macklemore without consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by thefrush View Post
    What's a 10 for reference?
    I'm only 19 I haven't seen too many shows and i've only been to coachella twice so I don't consider anything i've seen being a 10. I'm assuming something like Outkast, Led Zeppelin, David Bowie, or Daft Punk in 2006 would be a 10 though. That kinda shit.
    Last edited by Reeber; 06-11-2013 at 02:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    Wouldn't it be hilarious if Daft Punk were to play, but at the end, they take of their helmets and it was Justice all along? And they're all like "We are Juusteeeece!"

Name 15 new rappers better than Macklemore.
    9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/17 Karen O at Masonic Lodge, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/20 Chvrches @ Tower Theatre, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

Quote Originally Posted by Sexecutioner View Post
    He's fucking right though. I guarantee if this guy was an unknown instead of topping the charts right now, people on this board would have way more love for this album. But most people on here simple can't like anything that's popular (with a few exceptions). So laugh all you want at "the hipster defense", but sadly it's fuckin true and you know it.

And on a side note, what I really love about this album is the production. Macklmore is ok, and I like some of his lyrics more than most rappers, but you don't have to be a great rapper when you have beats like this to support you. Just like Dre, everybody agrees he's not the best rapper, but his albums are still the shit simply from his production. So I guess what I'm saying is Ryan Lewis is the real star IMO.
    The Dre comparison is appropriate for the context. You use archetypes to prove your point. I'm sure TanTan is the type of person that argues just to argue. Just like macklemore sucks balls just to suck balls
    Last edited by WhatLies; 06-12-2013 at 12:21 AM.

still think the Dre comparison is awful. Dre is one of the most successful artists of any genre over the past 25 years. Macklemore has like one or two hits. And those hits aren't because of his rapping.

Quote Originally Posted by nationocean View Post
    God you are the fucking worst tan. i dunno, lets list 1.5 million people you think are better than macklemore? who gives a shit where he falls into the list of rappers..

He's here, today making music that obviously people enjoy. if you don't like it move the fuck on and jerk off to J-Cole so the rest of us who don't give a shit he's white or popular can just enjoy him. jesus.

and FUCK OFF WhiteLies, you like Journey... game over.

Why do you continue to be one of the worst, nation?
    10/8 - Little Dragon @ Marquee (Tempe, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

whiney pain in butt

Why do you care?

Quote Originally Posted by TanTan View Post
    still think the Dre comparison is awful. Dre is one of the most successful artists of any genre over the past 25 years. Macklemore has like one or two hits. And those hits aren't because of his rapping.
    Exactly. So you are saying Dre's success does come from his rapping?

My whole point was that Dre's actual rapping skills are nothing special, and that the success of his albums comes from his talent at producing great beats and special guests. And that's where the comparison comes in, while Macklemore's success isn't on the level of Dre's, it is still based on Ryan Lewis' production more than his rapping.

I have no idea why I am wasting my time trying to spell out such a simple concept to somebody who is obviously too biased to have a real open minded discussion about music.
    Let's go on a livin' spree!

no!

Exactly. So you are saying Dre's success does come from his rapping?

My whole point was that Dre's actual rapping skills are nothing special, and that the success of his albums comes from his talent at producing great beats and special guests. And that's where the comparison comes in, while Macklemore's success isn't on the level of Dre's, it is still based on Ryan Lewis' production more than his rapping.

I have no idea why I am wasting my time trying to spell out such a simple concept to somebody who is obviously too biased to have a real open minded discussion about music.
    no, youre missing my point. You're admitting that Macklemore's rapping is subpar, and that his success is from the production, which you claim is similar to Dr.Dre. The difference is that Dre became so successful from his OWN production. Macklemore is not producing these songs, he is just doing shitty raps over someone elses production. And further, Dre has openly worked with big names on his ghostwriting, so his lyrics are not that bad.

The difference is that Dre became so successful from his OWN production. Macklemore is not producing these songs, he is just doing shitty raps over someone elses production.
    Again, please learn to read. That is why I said:
    So I guess what I'm saying is Ryan Lewis is the real star IMO.
    And I dont really care if he's making the beats himself or has somebody else do it. The fact of the matter is the 2 of them made a great album together and I don't give a shit if he's white or he's overplayed on the radio or if soccer moms like him. And neither should you. If it's a good album it's a good album. Stop worrying about that shit and listen to music with an open mind. If you genuinely don't like it strictly based on the music, then fine. Different strokes and all...just seems most people on here like to hate on anything popular.

I have listened to him, I thinks he's awful. Ryan Lewis can make a catchy pop song, and they would be more enjoyable if that twat Macklemore wasn't on it. I could care less if he was purple and only the eskimos listened to him...he'd still fucking suck. I like pop music, I think Beyoncé, JT, Gaga are all awesome. And really, I know a lot of hipsters that like this dude. I just don't get it, I think it blows. Theres so many better pop acts that Goldenvoice could book than this clown.

Mackelmore shows are a blast. Who cares if he has two number one billboard hits? He is high energy, yet he is one of the most legible rappers out there. Unless you are a trash-hop fan, pronouncing words live should be celebrated.
    Skrillex 2013 tour dates:

1/24/13 – Montreal, Canada
    4/12/13-4/21/13 POLO FIELD-SIZED GAP
    7/12/13 - Montreal, Canada
    7/13/13 - Toronto, Canada
    7/17/13 - Winnipeg, Canada
    7/19/13 - Calgary, Canada
    7/21/13 - Vancouver, Canada

^Are you serious with your sig? I mean .... maybe if he was scheduled for dates in April then we might be onto something. But, "holy crap, look at this six-month window that Coachella happens to fall during! Pencil him in!" Ridiculous. That's some of the laziest, most half-assed speculation I've ever seen.

That said, I'm confident he will be at Coachella 2014. Unfortunately. All those shitty, shitty people moshing to that shitty, shitty music.

And, yeah, Macklemore. Decent enough, I might check him out if he played. All you mainstream/pop-obsessed people need to let it go. Popularity does not = terrible. Unless you're Mumford & Sons, but they were terrible to begin with, so ...
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Imma just leave this here.

Quote Originally Posted by greghead View Post
    ^Are you serious with your sig? I mean .... maybe if he was scheduled for dates in April then we might be onto something. But, "holy crap, look at this six-month window that Coachella happens to fall during! Pencil him in!" Ridiculous. That's some of the laziest, most half-assed speculation I've ever seen.

That said, I'm confident he will be at Coachella 2014. Unfortunately. All those shitty, shitty people moshing to that shitty, shitty music.

And, yeah, Macklemore. Decent enough, I might check him out if he played. All you mainstream/pop-obsessed people need to let it go. Popularity does not = terrible. Unless you're Mumford & Sons, but they were terrible to begin with, so ...
    Well Skrillex was at Coachella '13 sooo....

Quote Originally Posted by greghead View Post

maximum_trolling.JPG
    2013 = Coverchella

2011 = Perfectchella

I have listened to him, I thinks he's awful. Ryan Lewis can make a catchy pop song, and they would be more enjoyable if that twat Macklemore wasn't on it. I could care less if he was purple and only the eskimos listened to him...he'd still fucking suck. I like pop music, I think Beyoncé, JT, Gaga are all awesome. And really, I know a lot of hipsters that like this dude. I just don't get it, I think it blows. Theres so many better pop acts that Goldenvoice could book than this clown.
    Damn dude, sounds like you have some serious hate for him. Did he fuck your girl or something?

Damn dude, sounds like you have some serious hate for him. Did he fuck your girl or something?
    I just think the shit he puts out is awful and i dont get the love for him. If you that on his dick that you think he that great, then all the more power to you buddy.

Holy Amazing! Yes! I saw him in Chicago last night and... Speechless.

Quote Originally Posted by Josephjuliann View Post
    Imma just leave this here.

Oh Alix where are your parents! How could they let you leave the house looking like a blonde Skrillex!

edit: Teenagers are just the worst
    Last edited by chbludevil; 06-17-2013 at 06:27 AM.

That black girl is not a teenager.

Although a Gucci shirt may fit better. It doesn't fit $280 better. Where are these people from? Bel air? Jesus.

And if he wants a career he has to sign with a label? I'm pretty sure he has a career.
    Certain songs they get so scratched into our souls

1. J-Cole
    2. Kendrick
    3. K.R.I.T.
    4. A$AP
    5. Cyhi da Prince
    6. Big Sean
    7. Danny Brown
    8. Hopsin
    9. Joey Bada$$
    10. Chilidish Gambino
    11. Chief Keef
    12. Schoolboy Q
    13. Meek Mill
    14. Travi$ Scott
    15. Wale

Those are 15 newer rappers that I would take over Macklemore without consideration.
    Are you kidding me?
    The only rappers on that list that are better than Macklemore are J. Cole, Kendrick, Hopsin, Joey Bada$$, and maybe pre-Maybach Music Wale. I guess an argument can be made for KRIT, but I was never a huge fan of him to begin with. However, I'm a big fan of A$AP, Big Sean, Childish Gambino, and Schoolboy Q, but there is no way in hell they are better rappers than Macklemore. Cyhi, Danny Brown, and Travis Scott are very VERY average. AND ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME, CHIEF KEEF???? I WOULD RATHER LISTEN TO SOULJA BOY AND GUCCI MANE DO A COLLAB WITH NICKLEBACK THAN THAT ILLITERATE FUCK

Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar

Is this on the album? I like this song

Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    Wake me up when Steve Angello wants me to make some fucking noise

Are you kidding me?
    The only rappers on that list that are better than Macklemore are J. Cole, Kendrick, Hopsin, Joey Bada$$, and maybe pre-Maybach Music Wale. I guess an argument can be made for KRIT, but I was never a huge fan of him to begin with. However, I'm a big fan of A$AP, Big Sean, Childish Gambino, and Schoolboy Q, but there is no way in hell they are better rappers than Macklemore. Cyhi, Danny Brown, and Travis Scott are very VERY average. AND ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME, CHIEF KEEF???? I WOULD RATHER LISTEN TO SOULJA BOY AND GUCCI MANE DO A COLLAB WITH NICKLEBACK THAN THAT ILLITERATE FUCK
    Mackelmore is really a pretty bad rapper. So one-dimensional, and he isn't even very good at that. I really think Cyhi is underrated. A$AP, Big Sean, and Gambino are all leaps and bounds beyond him. And I think Travis Scott is gonna be big in a few years because of Kanye. And I agree Chief Keef is trash, but that basically shows you how much value I put into mackelmore.

Mackelmore is really a pretty bad rapper. So one-dimensional, and he isn't even very good at that. I really think Cyhi is underrated. A$AP, Big Sean, and Gambino are all leaps and bounds beyond him. And I think Travis Scott is gonna be big in a few years because of Kanye. And I agree Chief Keef is trash, but that basically shows you how much value I put into mackelmore.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    Jesus fucking Christ, who the hell is this Godspeed asshole?

Also, I find it hilarious that he asked you to name 15 (FIFTEEN!) new rappers that are better than Macklemore.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    Jesus fucking Christ, who the hell is this Godspeed asshole?

Quick! Named 15 better new countries than Serbia!