Thread: What hotel would you recommend?

Default What hotel would you recommend?

I'm flying from Wisconsin to Colorado and then I'm driving down with my friend to Coachella.

We don't want to spend a fortune because of the money we will be spending to get there and we're planning on staying a few days in Los Angeles after Coachella. I've been looking for hotels to stay in for a while but nothing is sticking out. Theyre all great hotels, but very pricey!

We are thinking of staying in a place near Palm Springs and then driving to a shuttle line. We bought shuttle passes.

What would you recommend? Your help is greatly appreciated!

PS we will be going weekend 1 and looking to stay at the hotel for 4 nights. We don't want anything more than $100 a night.

Thanks!

Default Re: What hotel would you recommend?

Sorry, but $400 /4 nights is not going to work. Try to get around $600 and throw in with another group for a house or condo. Keep checking camping/lodging and something will definitely pop up.
    09,10,12w1,13w1

So the Thursday night before Coachella, you can find a decent place for $100 a night on Hotwire. Book that two months in advance. But the problem, as always, is the Fri - Sun. You can find some of the hotels that don't book through the major booking sites but have an online presence for maybe $150 a night. You'll have to snoop around and play detective but there are quite a few hotels in Palm Springs that have 20 - 50 rooms that are motels that were built in the 50's and 60's that have been refurbished. Look at tripadvisor.com and you'll be able to figure it out. Good luck.

For that budget you're going to be hard-pressed to find anything. Just a sad fact of Coachella. I wasn't able to find things in that price range back in 2007 and things have only gone up since then.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Try Motel 6. There are several in the area that have availability for those dates. In Palm Springs they are all $109 p/n. The one in Rancho Mirage is $100 p/n, and is closer to the polo fields, but I don't know if/where the shuttle stops in RM. The one in Indio is already sold out. I suggest that you make reservations NOW; you can always cancel up to the day before if you make other arrangements down the line.
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    See that guy in the background talking loudly about crab cakes? That's you.

Thanks, everyone, for your help!! I'll keep looking!