Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Fitchella 2014 IT'S GO TIME!!!!

Default Re: Fitchella 2014 IT'S GO TIME!!!!

I have a really hard time taking any vitamins or supplements because of my stomach issues. I have tried time release, liquid gels, taking them at bedtime, with meals, etc. They still made me sick, but I haven't tried in years. Have they gotten better over time?
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by locachica73 View Post
    I have a really hard time taking any vitamins or supplements because of my stomach issues. I have tried time release, liquid gels, taking them at bedtime, with meals, etc. They still made me sick, but I haven't tried in years. Have they gotten better over time?
    They used to make me sick as well. I think they have gotten a little better over time. Try children's maybe? They may be less harsh on your stomach.
    Life Is Beautiful Festival, Las Vegas 2013
    First time at Coachella will be April 2014!

Yes locita

Which is why whole food base vitamins are crucial
    They cost more but even out with what you would spend on $5 coffee each month

Take them with a whole meal as well especially those omegas (fish oils are very potent)

But since you have tummy issues suggest you really look into the other supplements I suggested to you first
    You MAY need a type of detox as well depending on your progress

http://www.naturessunshine.com/us/mo....aspx?sku=3992

This is a GREAT detox that I've personally used and currently my wife is taking

It's a 2week sacrifice but well worth it

If you are serious about a fresh start
    Again this is whole based food and not an extreme fasting type detox

I need to look into that...

I will give it a try. I have spent $30/month + on prilosec, and it's never really made anything better. So I am willing to try anything.

I feel pretty good today, I ate healthy yesterday, didn't have any drinks, swam for 10 minutes (I wanted to do 20 but the wasps started attacking the pool) and got a good nights sleep. I did find myself wanting ice cream though, so I just put a little bit of greek yogurt in a bowl and froze it, it actually tasted better than the ben & jerrys I was thinking about.

I can't WAIT until my pool is open!! I plan on doing laps after the kids are in bed at night. Or during the day when i only have one home. Swimming is a great way to get fit...and last summer I was in a leg cast, so I will be in that pool as much as possible!

The human body is designed to repair itself
    Just by food consumption
    Our DNA hasn't change much since prehistoric times

I know I'm not a doctor but I do know my shit because I'm living proof of the miracles of understanding how food and the human body works

Fuck I'm healthier than most practicing doctors out there and ill put my vitals up against them any day

Haha I'm starting to sound like Randy
    But he was right when he posted
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Those of us who look amazing when naked just call it "everyday."
    Last edited by footixy; 06-04-2013 at 03:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by beckamarsch View Post
    Great list! I need to make a trip to Trader Joes and see if they have the good stuff
    Trader Joes has what you need. I got my gummy vitamins from there and also my fish oil. The ONLY thing I hate about taking fish oil is it makes you burp and when you burp, you have nasty fish come-up. EWw.

Quote Originally Posted by Godspeed View Post
    Trader Joes has what you need. I got my gummy vitamins from there and also my fish oil. The ONLY thing I hate about taking fish oil is it makes you burp and when you burp, you have nasty fish come-up. EWw.
    LOL ys, I just ran out of those last month lol. They do make you burp fish taste. I will have to take a trip there this weekend. The closest one is 45 min away

Quote Originally Posted by paulb View Post
    So today, i hit my lowest weight yet, I had a low blood sugar though this morning, so I drank some juice and had a banana, then my banana/milk shake at lunch and at dinner...but then I had a bite of the pasta my wife made for her and my son, and then I had to eat a bit more.... and then I went to the store and bought Cheetos....WTF is wrong with me. Once I eat something Im not supposed to I just want to keep going and going...
    I totally understand! I'm having a hard time getting back on track because of late night snacking. I did really great yesterday and then my husband brought home Oreos! Ugh! Now I feel terrible.
    Oh we'll, I'll try again today.
    Oh look it stopped snowing...

Quote Originally Posted by footixy View Post
    The human body is designed to repair itself
    Just by food consumption
    Our DNA hasn't change much since prehistoric times

I know I'm not a doctor but I do know my shit because I'm living proof of the miracles of understanding how food and the human body works

Fuck I'm healthier than most practicing doctors out there and ill put my vitals up against them any day

Haha I'm starting to sound like Randy
    But he was right when he posted
    "Those of us that look good naked just call it EVERYDAY."
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by Squeaks View Post
    I totally understand! I'm having a hard time getting back on track because of late night snacking. I did really great yesterday and then my husband brought home Oreos! Ugh! Now I feel terrible.
    Oh we'll, I'll try again today.
    Just have to fight dat urge.

Ya, thats my issue... giving up after a bit, then feeling depressed and starting over again. Like, I didnt lose weight today, yet I feel like I starved myself yesterday, so now Im just like fuck it, im gonna eat whatever I want.
    Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

Do you weigh yourself daily? I would imagine that would be hard to look at a number each day to judge progress. I have never owned a scale, so I am going to base my progress on how my pants fit.

Do you weigh yourself daily? I would imagine that would be hard to look at a number each day to judge progress. I have never owned a scale, so I am going to base my progress on how my pants fit.
    I do the same. I don't weigh myself because I get too obsessive.
    Oh look it stopped snowing...

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

I ate chicken wings for breakfast but will have 2 shakes and an organic salad for dinner to counteract.
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

Ya, ive become obsessed...
    Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

Quote Originally Posted by insbordnat View Post
    I'm curious why you're stalling. Are you eating enough calories? Too many calories? Seems like cardio 3-6 times per week and limiting food intake should be knocking off pounds. Do you know your RMR/BMR?
    Definitely eating enough calories, 1200-1400 a day depending on how many I burn. My 3 days a week strength training consists of resistance bands, 8-15lb weights, squats, lunges, push ups, core work and other various things.. and again pilates reformer 1 day a week. I do get sore from this and my muscles do tare. The stall could be from muscle gain vs fat loss, muscle does weigh more than fat so that can add lbs, but then jump back and burn fat calories and more fat is lost on the scale. Im not worried seeing a stall on the scale (this happened a month ago and then I had a huge drop a week later) I am losing an average of 1.72lbs a week which from my understanding is a healthy rate. Each month I have a weight goal and I heave reached that. This week I am 1.6lbs down from my earlier post. My stall on the scale was more me venting, than actually being concerned.

I do not know my RMR/BMR.

Quote Originally Posted by unit300021 View Post
    35 pounds from just doing cardio is actually pretty good. If she were to add in weight resistance exercises then she would have lost probably double that.
    losing weight that quickly does not seem healthy to me, But I am not a professional. Just seems a little too rapid. 1.5-2lbs a weeks seems good to me, and I am very happy with that result.

Question, Why are you so surprised someone can lose weight doing mostly cardio? most cyclists, runners I've seen are all very lean with no muscle (they burn through all their muscle) I do not wish to achieve that body type, but clearly all the cardio is burning fat along with muscle?
    “Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death.” - Albert Einstein
    “Music is a safe kind of high" - Jimi Hendrix
    “Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence.” - Robert Fripp
    “Nothing separates the generations more than music. By the time a child is eight or nine, he has developed a passion for his own music that is even stronger than his passions for procrastination and weird clothes.” - Bill Cosby

You don't burn muscle ...
    Some cyclists are known to be skinny fat in which they only train for endurance not for a good looking physique

You don't burn muscle ...
    Some cyclists are known to be skinny fat in which they only train for endurance not for a good looking physique
    Interesting. My boyfriends trainer Ken, who was Mr. Japan would not let him do any high intensity cardio cause he said he would burn through his muscle and make all that hard work of lifting go to waste. My boyfriend loves cardio so Ken his trainer said he can only do very very low intensity. One thing I have learned about the fitness world is that there are like 1000 opinions, and everyone is sure they are correct.
    “Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death.” - Albert Einstein
    “Nothing separates the generations more than music. By the time a child is eight or nine, he has developed a passion for his own music that is even stronger than his passions for procrastination and weird clothes.” - Bill Cosby

I try not to weigh myself daily. it's best to weigh in at the same time and day of the week and gauge your progress that way so that you can avoid false positives and negatives. Saturday morning's used to be my weigh in day because I felt like it reflected best on the prior week. I cheat a lot though, my scale is in my bathroom and sometimes curiosity gets the best of me.

thankfully, that digital readout hasn't changed too much since I got off the wagon, but I still have a lot of progress to go!
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater)10/3-5 Austin City Limits

Quote Originally Posted by euphonicfiend View Post
    Interesting. My boyfriends trainer Ken, who was Mr. Japan would not let him do any high intensity cardio cause he said he would burn through his muscle and make all that hard work of lifting go to waste. My boyfriend loves cardio so Ken his trainer said he can only do very very low intensity. One thing I have learned about the fitness world is that there are like 1000 opinions, and everyone is sure they are correct.
    There are TONS of opinions out there and most are to sell products
    Mr Japan probably wants your bf to gain some muscle mass ...again ...for a great looking physique

Your muscles will shrink if you don't properly train
    It ALL depends what look you want for YOU

Notice....I base ALL my advice on eating correctly first
    You have to eat in order to support the idea of your body looking better

The training is all up to how the person wants to look
    Last edited by footixy; 06-04-2013 at 09:39 AM.
    Papi Piratón!

Understand the patience into doing it properly

The size of your body is determined 100% by your diet
    You can lift as heavy or low reps as you want but if your not intaking more calories than you are burning off its impossible for your body to gain mass
    And also I think people overestimate how easy is it to put on muscular mass. People who are trying to do so have to devote their entire life to very specialized diets and rigorous training routines
    Papi Piratón!

Understand the patience into doing it properly

The size of your body is determined 100% by your diet
    You can lift as heavy or low reps as you want but if your not intaking more calories than you are burning off its impossible for your body to gain mass
    And also I think people overestimate how easy is it to put on muscular mass. People who are trying to do so have to devote their entire life to very specialized diets and rigorous training routines

Oh yeah, he did all that - chicken, veggie brown rice diet eating about 8,000 calories. His goal was to gain muscle mass. It is extremely difficult to gain huge muscle mass. it took Mr. Japan 6 years to reach his goal with out roids.

but again I do think there are way too many fitness opinions out there. Even talking to trainers, they all have a different way and believe their way is correct, all their responses is " they don't know what they are talking about." it can become frustrating and confusing. I end up taking bits and pieces from lots of sources and create my own that works for me.
    Last edited by euphonicfiend; 06-04-2013 at 09:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by beckamarsch View Post
    I need to take vitamins...I was doing great for a while. Though, the ones I have are about 3 years old...hmm might have to replace them...
    Honestly if you eat a well balanced healthy diet your literally pissing your money away. In a healthy diet your body well get all the vitamins you need so the excess water based vitamins will just go into your urine and you will pee out it, hence pissing your money away.

Here is a great list for you to take...for anyone in general

A good multivitamin
    B complex
    Glucosamine if you're over 30
    Omega3 or fish oil liquid form (though it'll probably taste like a whore lol)
    Vitamin C
    Coenzyme Q10

I can't stress enough on the omega3
    It's pretty much a wonder to the human body

Plus make sure they are whole food based!
    If you aren't eating a healthy diet, which if you are trying to get in shape then you better be, this is a great list to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by euphonicfiend View Post
    Your boyfriends trainer should be fired. He could be the best trainer in the world but if he is telling people you can "burn off" muscle then he is giving false information and should lose his job. In cardio/endurance type exercises you might not bulk up but the muscle is still getting stronger. Also unless if your boyfriend is training for a body building competition no trainer should ever tell a client to not do cardio.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

Quote Originally Posted by unit300021 View Post
    Your boyfriends trainer should be fired. He could be the best trainer in the world but if he is telling people you can "burn off" muscle then he is giving false information and should lose his job. In cardio/endurance type exercises you might not bulk up but the muscle is still getting stronger. Also unless if your boyfriend is training for a body building competition no trainer should ever tell a client to not do cardio.

I agree, I am not saying he is correct, just passing information I have learned/heard. My boyfriend had his last training session a week ago, he has major muscle mass gain but with a layer of fat over all the muscle. He was not training for a competition just trying to gain muscle mass.

Also to everyone who is strength training and doing cardio to lose weight, do cardio LAST Your body has energy stored up (ATP) that you burn off before it starts going to your fat deposits for energy. To get to burning fat it takes about 40 mins so best way to lose weight is to lift weights first. By the time you get to cardio your body is burning off pure fat and will help with greater weight loss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

Training decides how you look or are shaped and eating decides how big or small you are

Bottom line
    Papi Piratón!

Training decides how you look or are shaped and eating decides how big or small you are

Bottom line
    So as long as I'm consistantly lifting weights, I can eat all the (healthy and some unhealthy) food I want? I'm trying to bulk up.