Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Fitchella 2014 IT'S GO TIME!!!!

old school

Default Re: Fitchella 2014 IT'S GO TIME!!!!

I went no gluten back in July. I've lost 40 pounds and am down to 180 now. I can't attribute it all to no gluten but it certainly helped. Milk is my biggest weakness even tho I only drink skim. Smaller portions have been a major help also.Trying to cut out sugars & starches. I've got a love affair for salt & vinegar chips I need to abandon. I've been lifting a bit, jumping rope, and hitting the treadmill for about an hour before bed each night. I damn near feel like I've been reborn after losing.
    "Oh this uncertainty is taking me over"

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    Anyone ever tried gone gluten free? It is amazing the difference I feel, no dragging after meals. Bread is one of my favorite things ever. A fresh warm baguette from our local French bakery? Amazing pizza crust? Miss it so much, but feeling so much better without it.
    I absolutely love a fresh baguette as well but went GF last year after reading up on how much it could effect people with thyroid conditions (I was diagnosed w/Hashimoto's last year). I feel a lot less sluggish and don't suffer from as many migraines when I avoid gluten. I did eat gluten during the holidays but I seem to be back on track now - if not completely eliminating it, at least drastically cutting it out of my diet. I've also enjoyed discovering all the alternatives to cook.
    Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    I just want to ingest mind-altering chemicals and get my mind blown by tribal lasers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepingrock View Post
    I would rather have an auctioneer mc DnB sets

Lurker

Hey Paul, keep up the good work! Several years ago I started getting fit, down 87 pounds and celebrating that final 20 pounds with Coachella this year. Thanks for starting this board, totally motivating!

The murder capital where we murder for capital

I walked to work all week and ate pretty good. Even if I don't change a thing i'm getting just under 3 miles of walking every day. My back and high ankle muscles cause me discomfort but I know the muscles are just building up for both. I hope to start hiking again next month. For now i'm sticking to what i'm doing and getting used to walking to and from work every day. Also cooking my meals instead of eating out. With any luck i'll be more comfortable at Coachella this year than I was last year.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

man, i should not have gone to whole foods yesterday. they have a few canned goods and cheese making stuff that i really wanted, but of course i ended up spending like $100. ugh. on the upside though my fridge has more veggies in it than probably anytime in my life.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Great job guys!!! I can't believe we have only 3 more months!!! I have lost 21lbs and I hope to lose more. Moving across country did not help lol. Esp having to eat junk on the ay over!
    Life Is Beautiful Festival, Las Vegas 2013
    First time at Coachella will be April 2014!

I haven't eaten sweets since Christmas day and, I don't know if it's just mental, but I'm feeling more energetic. I play sand volleyball in a league every Tuesday night, and this past week was the best I've felt since I started in October. Instead of having dessert, I've been snacking on fruit. I've also decreased my red-meat intake, and I'm eating more fish and chicken as proteins in my meals. I've been incorporating more vegetables in my meals, as well. I don't have a goal weight or anything (I'm 6-0, 185 pounds), so it's just more of how I feel and maybe somewhat how I look.

Since the summer, I've been consistently doing cardio for 4 to 5 days a week. I do 3 miles, alternating between running and walking, in about 28 minutes. Today I did it in 27 minutes flat, and I want to get where I was at the end of the summer when I was doing 3 miles in 25 minutes. On Wednesday, I have a consultation with a personal trainer at my gym. I'm going to incorporate weights into my routine again. I was lifting 3 years ago, and I just stopped maybe 2 years ago because I was busy with a new job and I got lazy. I was seeing results when I was lifting, though, so I want to get back to it. I wasn't huge or anything, but I definitely got some definition when I was doing it.

Anyway, I just want to chime in and say that I'm feeling really good and I'm happy I've made such a point to be active. That's a huge thing, you have to try to incorporate activity into your lifestyle. I'm proud of all of you who have taken that initiative.

Have you guys tried just not being so fucking fat?
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

great job, tommy

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Quote Originally Posted by HotHamWater View Post
    Anyway, I just want to chime in and say that I'm feeling really good and I'm happy I've made such a point to be active. That's a huge thing, you have to try to incorporate activity into your lifestyle. I'm proud of all of you who have taken that initiative.
    Great work Tommy. I've been working on incorporating activity into my livestyle for a couple of years now. Simply walking to work and walking to the light rails has made it easier to not think about it so much. Just walking to work is about 2.6 miles round trip each day.

This weekend I moved a lot. On Saturday I walked to the light rail and whenever I do that it's an automatic 2 miles. One mile to get there and one on the way home. I also did another walk that was 1.5 miles in the morning just because. We also walked from Macayo's to the Marquee and back for Janelle Monae so that was close to 2 more miles. That was a total of 5+ miles of walking on Saturday and that doesn't incluse the cardio I got from flailing around at Janelle Monae. I danced the entire hour and fifteen minute set. I don't mean white boy sway dancing either, my feet were leaving the ground. Yesterday I went on a spontaneious hike. My friend Cassie was all ready to go hike with her boyfriend but he got called into work so we wandered around Papago Park for several miles. It was about 2 hours worth of exploring and it felt great. Really felt I was breaking through this weekend. Less pain, more energy and I had more energy than I knew what to do with. Feeling pretty fantastic!

I have been trying a variety of apps but today I went back to the cardiotrainer app. I like it best because it keeps it simple and there are no ads or other distractions. I've also been bringing my lunch every day for the past 10 days or so.

I put on about 5 lbs over the holidays. Damn cookies and booze, and not nearly enough protein. Getting back and track, though, and it should come off before Coachella. I'm also not drinking this month. I made it through a big night out with friends this weekend with nothing but water, so I think I can do it! I like euphonic's idea of every other month being alcohol free. Maybe I'll give that a shot
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    They say manners are the thread of society. I spent the weekend with a bunch of monkeys who eat spaghetti with their feet, and are proud of it.

I just walk all the time, and hike. I am motivated to "stay in shape" because I set up some backpacking trip for every summer, and get backcountry permits and a whole itinerary planned. It started with my love of the Grand Canyon, decades ago.

I wouldn't be able to stick to a rigid work-out schedule (doing anything)-but I think "just" walking is a really beneficial activity.

It has worked for me staying-not skinny-but the same weight for many years, and strong enough to carry a pack over many miles, into some beautiful places that can only be reached by walking. Up and down mountains and valleys.

I guess you really have to find something you love to do. I feel lucky that way.

I didn't even own a pair of hiking shoes until I was 30, so you all are fortunate to be investing in your health and happiness now while you're young and vigorous.

Keep up the great work!
    For all intensive porpoises presale finally sold out

I will be in shape by Coachella. I have to drop about 15-20 pounds of fat. Shouldn't be a problem. Starts today.
    7/21 - !!! @ Club Congress (Tucson, AZ)
    8/23 - Galactic @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    8/25 - Future Islands @ 191 Toole (Tucson, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by Errant View Post
    I put on about 5 lbs over the holidays. Damn cookies and booze, and not nearly enough protein. Getting back and track, though, and it should come off before Coachella. I'm also not drinking this month. I made it through a big night out with friends this weekend with nothing but water, so I think I can do it! I like euphonic's idea of every other month being alcohol free. Maybe I'll give that a shot
    You can do it! if you start now, April is conveniently a drinking month
    “Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death.” - Albert Einstein
    “Music is a safe kind of high" - Jimi Hendrix
    “Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence.” - Robert Fripp
    “Nothing separates the generations more than music. By the time a child is eight or nine, he has developed a passion for his own music that is even stronger than his passions for procrastination and weird clothes.” - Bill Cosby

Quote Originally Posted by euphonicfiend View Post
    You can do it! if you start now, April is conveniently a drinking month
    It would work out perfectly, huh? Let's see if I survive the rest of this month before I make any promises
    They say manners are the thread of society. I spent the weekend with a bunch of monkeys who eat spaghetti with their feet, and are proud of it.

Ok I need this thread for encouragement! I moved to LA in september and gained 15 pounds! ahhhh. I need to get back on a regulated schedule of working out and eating healthy. I'm hoping to lose 25 pounds by Coachella but I am focusing on that first 15. I can totally do that.. Thats only .16 pounds a day.

Ideally I will start this Coachella challenge anytime this week, but since its already Monday and I plan on eating greasy shit, if anything I'll push it back to next week. Its weird cause I have actually lost 2 pounds since December, but in the mirror I see weight gain. Does this happen to anyone, or am I straight trippin?
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Smooches. =)

Ugh, my schedule is a clusterfuck right now…
    Finishing my last class for my degree (meets 2 days a week), interning 16 hours a week, and working my full time gig 40-45 hours a week.
    I literally have no days off, and some days I leave my house at 6:30am and don't return until 10:30-11pm.

My diet hasn't really been affected too much, I eat pretty damn well (packing my own lunches, low carb, low sodium, lots of veggies).
    Its my workout schedule that suffers. I had been doing insanity 4-5 days a week, as well as core & other cardio.
    But NOWWWW I have like ZERO time to workout, because when I'm done with my work days, I have to get caught up at home.
    I was down 4 lbs with 11 to go, but I've just hit a plateau now.

Any advice for trying to squeeze in some useful & quick work outs?
    HAAAAAALPPPPP!
    Quote Originally Posted by alpha_q_up View Post
    a cunt punt is always the best solution to cure someone of their bitchassness
    Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    Gay is the answer to everything.

Do you get breaks during the day, Elisabeth? I walk a mile during my 15min break, maybe you could do the same? It's not much, but better than nothing (or worse, eating snacks from the vending machine during that 15 minutes).

Quote Originally Posted by nyarlathotoats View Post
    Ideally I will start this Coachella challenge anytime this week, but since its already Monday and I plan on eating greasy shit, if anything I'll push it back to next week. Its weird cause I have actually lost 2 pounds since December, but in the mirror I see weight gain. Does this happen to anyone, or am I straight trippin?
    i don't really think putting it off a week makes sense, but i do try not to set myself up for failure by say, starting a diet on the day i'm going to an all-day concert or something.

and i keep tennis shoes at work and go walking for 20 minutes on breaks when i can. every little bit counts!

Elizabeth, this is going to sound stupid, but when I had an office job, I did those Cosmo/women's magazine type work outs by just using a chair or the wall. I'd take phone calls against the wall and work my thighs, or lay on the ground with my legs up on the chair and do ab work when I was reading reports. Just fit it in somehow. I used to work 16 hour days, I totally know how you feel. At least you're still eating healthy, you should feel proud for that. Stick to it!

As for myself checking in- I somehow lost 4 lbs. I think it's because I'm super poor and just cut down my portions so that my groceries last longer. Also, with kvnty's advice, I quit eating like a bird and am back to eating small squares instead of calling a bulk bag of salty trailmix lunch. Cutting out salt, dairy and carbs really helped (because I'm broke and that part is not a choice right now!). I am also ready to quit doing the girl pushups and graduate to regular pushups, and I am finally motivated to fish for my Nike Fuel wristband (it tracks your "steps" and helps you reach goals). Next is to work out more, with a better routine. Right now I take a brisk walk with my first cup of coffee, then work out after school- for about 40 minutes with either Jillian Michaels or some other DVD (I will admit that I have a few to choose from, but I like Turbo Jam). It's inconsistent though. Time to be accountable, we got 87 days!

Has anyone here tried the T25 workout? I did Insanity for several years up until several months ago and I got tired of doing it. I need something less time-consuming, but still works and I trust those beach body workouts as they all seem to be legit.
    7/21 - !!! @ Club Congress (Tucson, AZ)
    8/23 - Galactic @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    8/25 - Future Islands @ 191 Toole (Tucson, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

I need to Fitchella like no other. Even came out board hibernation to find inspiration.

Dancing at Janelle Monae the other night was a good start but I need to do sit-ups, cardio, there's a pilates machine in our living room gathering dust. Was actually gonna use it today but then I decided to get sick instead. Blech, guess there's tomorrow.
    Random list of shows I'll never remember to edit

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    Has anyone here tried the T25 workout? I did Insanity for several years up until several months ago and I got tired of doing it. I need something less time-consuming, but still works and I trust those beach body workouts as they all seem to be legit.
    I am not cool enough to do insanity and haven't tried T25, but I do have a few of the Beach Body workouts. They are legit, as long as you don't mess up ever. I've never used the WOWY thing online- I think I looked into it and thought it was dumb. I always feel stronger after a beach body work out, but only see results if I never miss a workout over at least two or three weeks of consistency. With Jillian, I feel stronger and see results a lot faster, because that bitch doesn't mess around. She focuses on arms and outer thighs and she's super fucking annoying, I want to slap her every time because those aren't my preferred areas to work on, and I can't stand her barking.

I hope I'm not exposing myself too much by admitting how much I love and miss the quality work of Gin Miller from Step Reebok on VHS. That shit helped me lose weight and gain muscle in record time in the 90s, and I've never sweat like that from a video since, AND the music is fantastic (live drumming!). I found the video on YouTube, now I just need to find a step!

Thanks, guys! Since I have to commute between jobs/school, most of my "breaks" are spent driving in the car, commuting.
    I like the idea if Cosmo-style quick workouts & such that I can do in the office.
    I'll have to check out some of their articles online if possible.

Thanks!!!! FITCHELLA ON, MOTHERTRUCKERS!
    Quote Originally Posted by alpha_q_up View Post
    a cunt punt is always the best solution to cure someone of their bitchassness
    Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    Gay is the answer to everything.

Just do 25 air squats every hour, or wake up and do as many as possible in a tabata format. If you dont know tabata, google it. Perfect for people who are too busy to go to gym or out running. Just do air squats, push ups, sit up(?), and buy a Kettlebell and start on those bad boys. KBs are great for the women who are looking for tone arms, legs, core and lifting Dat Ass.

Papi Piratón!

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    I've lost 30 lbs over the last year and then gained back 10 since Thanksgiving. Back on the program, but my Dad's rum cake is murdering the wagon.
    Back down 5. Hoping to be down 60 total from last April by this April but traveling so much for work is NOT making it easy. Too much shitty food in airports and hotels.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

yeah it's really hard to be healthy when you are traveling. good luck, jen!

It's been crazy windy at work when I go on my break-walks. Feels like Coachella and makes me grin the whole way