Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Fitchella 2014 IT'S GO TIME!!!!

Default Re: Fitchella 2014 IT'S GO TIME!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kvnty View Post
    Oh, my fucking shit. I'm at a bar and read this bullshit and had to log in. If there's one thing I can't stand is when people spout off about shit they have no business spouting off about. Yes, you can have a lower calorie diet and still gain weight if those calories are from high-sodium foods.

Sodium naturally attracts water in your body. When you take in excess sodium, water you take in pulls water toward your cells. This increases the amount of fluid in your body, a condition known as water retention. Because water has weight, an increase in sodium intake can mean you gain extra pounds as well. You maintain this water because your body works to have a balance of salt to water in your body. As long as you have excess salts, you will continue to carry extra fluid to keep your blood at the same dilution. And water weight is heavier than fat weight. There's no faster way to gain inches around the waist than with high sodium diets.

So please stop flaunting your ignorance, especially at people who sincerely are trying to look their best.
    I'm not saying you are wrong but neither am I. Also notice how I said I wouldn't recommend eating nothing but Cheese and Sodium at the very end. I promise you if you eat nothing but snicker bars but still burn off those calories you WILL fucking lose weight. Might not be the fastest most productive way but it will happen. Also sodium has no caloric value to it if you didn't know. The only way to lose weight is burn off more calories then you take it. That however usually means a lifestyle change not just a crash fad diet. Fad diets will work in losing weight but they usually aren't healthy and most people put the weight back on because once they are done with them they resort back to their old habits.

The point I was trying to make with what I said was she doesn't have to eliminate her favorite foods from her diet.

I only had to take a ton of health/nutritional classes for my degree so I actually know what the fuck I am talking about so go suck a dick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

Quote Originally Posted by unit300021 View Post
    I'm not saying you are wrong but neither am I. Also notice how I said I wouldn't recommend eating nothing but Cheese and Sodium at the very end. I promise you if you eat nothing but snicker bars but still burn off those calories you WILL fucking lose weight. Might not be the fastest most productive way but it will happen. Also sodium has no caloric value to it if you didn't know. The only way to lose weight is burn off more calories then you take it. That however usually means a lifestyle change not just a crash fad diet. Fad diets will work in losing weight but they usually aren't healthy and most people put the weight back on because once they are done with them they resort back to their old habits.

The point I was trying to make with what I said was she doesn't have to eliminate her favorite foods from her diet.

I only had to take a ton of health/nutritional classes for my degree so I actually know what the fuck I am talking about so go suck a dick.
    I think a key thing to insults is you have to know your audience, or you fail at the insult.

No that was done on purpose. I mean it as a go fuck yourself but felt like that has been over said. Now if he actually go does suck a dick well then you're welcome kynty.

Neither one of you know what you're talking about. The fact that you took some classes doesn't mean that you know what you're talking about.

Also, if you knew what you were talking about, why the fuck are you both so fucking fat?
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

You bloated, carb-faced monstrosity have no right giving anyone with half a brain nutritional advice. That would be like taking acting lessons from Madonna or financial tips from the mayor of Detroit [or (fill in activity) from (fill in person least qualified to advise on activity)]. What you - and the equally dimwitted thelastgreatbabydick - fail to comprehend is that water weight can only be shed by 1) taking a diuretic 2) going somewhere hot and sweating it out for hours or 3) reducing one's sodium intake. Oftentimes those last few stubborn pounds people who eat right and exercise regularly can't get rid of are water and not fat (which, yes, will melt away with proper calorie intake/outtake). And if you had a modicum of reading comprehension ability you would have understood all this - and that nowhere did I say sodium has any caloric value (foods with high sodium content do, however). And I'll gladly, ravenously even, suck a dick as long as it's not attached to your filthy fat ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by fakekvnty View Post
    All you ladybois want inside this pink slip
    You bitchez will all CUM-ba-ya when y'all see my pee-shooter.
    Follow kvn†y on instagram :: "Lorde is my shepherd. I shall not want."

I've completely fucked off the last couple of weeks. Too many drinks and cookies, not nearly enough protein, and skipped the last couple of workouts with the holiday festivities. I will get back to it, though!
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    They say manners are the thread of society. I spent the weekend with a bunch of monkeys who eat spaghetti with their feet, and are proud of it.

You bloated, carb-faced monstrosity have no right giving anyone with half a brain nutritional advice. That would be like taking acting lessons from Madonna or financial tips from the mayor of Detroit [or (fill in activity) from (fill in person least qualified to advise on activity)]. What you - and the equally dimwitted thelastgreatbabydick - fail to comprehend is that water weight can only be shed by 1) taking a diuretic 2) going somewhere hot and sweating it out for hours or 3) reducing one's sodium intake. Oftentimes those last few stubborn pounds people who eat right and exercise regularly can't get rid of are water and not fat (which, yes, will melt away with proper calorie intake/outtake). And if you had a modicum of reading comprehension ability you would have understood all this - and that nowhere did I say sodium has any caloric value (foods with high sodium content do, however). And I'll gladly, ravenously even, suck a dick as long as it's not attached to your filthy fat ass.
    You are aware that the very first thing I said was you are not wrong right? Meaning I understand and agree with everything you said. The point I was making all along was that it is still possible to lose weight even with a shitty diet. I was just trying to tell Elizabeth that she doesn't need to feel bad for a fucking piece of cheese. Hell she didn't even say what type of cheese to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    I just bought a mixer bullet thing for making smoothies and it converts into a travel cup so you can take it with you. Haven't tried it yet but when I try it out I'll make one with orange juice, frozen strawberries, bananas, blueberries and oats.
    Please post your experiments. I'm going to try drinking one of these things a day. My first instinct is mix stuff up like a cocktail. Greens will the base, some fruit to enhance it, and some other bull shit like flaxseed, almonds, or cayenne to tie it together. I know myself too well. If it sucks, I'll dump it down the sink. If it's good, I try and make it at the same time every day to make it a habit.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

I like to use a lot of kale, and if you use banana and lots frozen blueberries and raspberries it tastes great.
    Oh look it stopped snowing...

Everybody grew up with the kid who had parents that never allowed them to have any sweets in the house at all
    and then they came over to your house and then just gorged on lucky charms, candy and everything else your had in your pantry

well...the same thing goes for you as an adult when it comes to the holidays
    Papi Piratón!

Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    The fact that you took some classes doesn't mean that you know what you're talking about.
    Shallow to admit but TRUTH!!!
    Personally I've never taken any classes on health/nutrition but have dedicated my life on eating right (paleo) and exercise frequetly and it shows...both on the outside (great physique) and inside (proper circulation and clean organs) ITS FUCKING HARD!!! to keep this kind of lifestyle and I applaud the people who can actually go forth with it

on a side note, coming from a hispanic background our cuisine is a sodium nightmare...hence the bloated luchador look

Here you go:

Start now
    • Hit the gym one hour a day four-to-five days a week (35 minutes of weight training/muscle toning, 15 minutes of cardio, 10 minutes for walking around and waiting for equipment)
    • Lower sodium intake (less than 1,200mg/day will reduce water retention and "the bloat")
    • Reduce dairy (switch to almond milk and reduce cheese intake)
    • Limit bread and sweets (maybe one sandwich or piece of cake or cookie per week)
    • Switch to organic raw sugar in teas and coffee (anything "white" has been bleached or processed and those Sweet N Lows are much worse for you and your diet and health in the long run)

Start one month before Coachella
    • Hit the gym six-to-seven days a week (make this part of your daily schedule, just like eating, going to work, taking kids to school ...)
    • Lower sodium intake to less than 1,000mg/day (those last stubborn pounds will melt away)
    • Give up all dairy, including cheese
    • Give up bread, cakes and cookies (for four weeks, come on, man, you can do it!)

Start one week before Coachella
    • All the above, plus no fruit or juice or soda (diet or otherwise)
    • You also may want to take a diuretic-a-day three days prior to your adventure ...

If you do this, you will be a rockin' hardbody at Coachella, no matter your age.

This is near perfect advice but dont forget that our bodies adapt to the usual routine workouts therefore when you reach a certain point of training, thats it...no more change
    The human body is such a complex machine with all sorts of different muscle fibers that you need to change up the workouts...this of course to have an all around great looking physique

You need to eat! if you work out you need to feed the body as it goes into a anabolic state...eat clean but eat frequently (nuts, seeds, steamed or raw veggies, fruits, lean meats)

also its in our DNA that the last shred of tummy fat wont go away easily, we are programmed to hold on to that by survival mode it'll take YEARS of hard work to eliminate that or just go under the knife but still the body will eventually try and regain that ....like I said ITS FUCKING HARD! and you really need to just make a sacrificial lifestyle change
    Last edited by footixy; 12-29-2013 at 08:46 AM.
    Papi Piratón!

Im currently destroying myself with Xmas cookies and treats that have been all around the house and at work. Damn it.
    Upcoming Shows:
    The Knife: 4/9 @ Fox Theater
    Coachella: 4/11-13 @ Empire Polo Fields

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

i've eaten around 40 snickerdoodles in the last 2 days.

i feel pretty good about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Quote Originally Posted by footixy View Post
    This is near perfect advice but dont forget that our bodies adapt to the usual routine workouts therefore when you reach a certain point of training, thats it...no more change
    The human body is such a complex machine with all sorts of different muscle fibers that you need to change up the workouts...this of course to have an all around great looking physique.
    the dreaded P word
    All you ladybois want inside this pink slip
    You bitchez will all CUM-ba-ya when y'all see my pee-shooter.
    Follow kvn†y on instagram :: "Lorde is my shepherd. I shall not want."

7 minute workout from the NY Times in a gif.

last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    11/19 Night Terrors of 1927 at Soda Bar11/11 & 11/18 Night Terrors of 1927 at The Echo
    1/23 Dent May at The Echo1/19/14 Volcano Choir at H.o.B. San Diego

Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    Please post your experiments. I'm going to try drinking one of these things a day. My first instinct is mix stuff up like a cocktail. Greens will the base, some fruit to enhance it, and some other bull shit like flaxseed, almonds, or cayenne to tie it together. I know myself too well. If it sucks, I'll dump it down the sink. If it's good, I try and make it at the same time every day to make it a habit.
    My inaugural mix was a banana, 100 ml of strawberry yogurt, a half cup skim milk, a handful of whole grain oats and a tbsp of liquid honey. It's pretty decent. A little thick, so it might benefit from some fruit juice or more pieces of watery fruit but still tasty.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

weighing 181 lbs after the holidays and a Vegas New Years needing to get back down to 173-ish. Let the tangerine and hot tea lunches begin.
    The pilgrimage is not perfected save by copulation with the camel.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

ha, i'm with you, lehorne! between my friends' wedding and all the holiday baking, i really packed on the pounds this season. january 1st i started phase 1 of south beach (no carbs/sugar/alcohol). it really is a good detox for me because i bake a lot of carbs and sugar. plus, i gotta squeeze into another bridesmaid dress for my friend's wedding in jamaica in february and it's really, really, really tight in the boobs, even when i'm skinnier. and not like attractively tight either.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

This winter is probably one of the first ones where I've looked at my belly with disdain. Starting off with a juicing cleanse this weekend to make my gas less toxic.

Winter just makes my body want to be warm and comfortable, whilst eating food and snuggling.

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    ha, i'm with you, lehorne! between my friends' wedding and all the holiday baking, i really packed on the pounds this season. january 1st i started phase 1 of south beach (no carbs/sugar/alcohol). it really is a good detox for me because i bake a lot of carbs and sugar. plus, i gotta squeeze into another bridesmaid dress for my friend's wedding in jamaica in february and it's really, really, really tight in the boobs, even when i'm skinnier. and not like attractively tight either.
    You do what you need to do for those girls, they are fantastic.

I’ve been attacking the holidays like a hill in a cross-country race. Through diet and running, I’ve dropped 10% of my weight since November. My goal is to get down to 200, which is something I really haven’t seen since college.

Eliminating the drunken spiral of powering through a bottle of wine every night with the wife has trickled down into other things including better sleep and not craving a greasy breakfast the next morning or overeating late lunches because that breakfast burrito kept me full into the afternoon. Instead, carb-less breakfasts, salads for lunch, and pretty reasonable dinners (with NO snacks / drinks afterwards) has been paying off nicely.

I got a fitbit for Christmas and I’ve been tracking my runs on mapmyrun, but neither is as motivating as the feeling of running itself. Although it's been dark early, luckily the weather in So Cal has been great in the evenings. The family is signed up for a 5K / month and training has been a good thing for the whole family. I set a goal of 100 cumulative miles for the four of us (we color in squares for each mile in our own color) and we’re almost there and ready to embark on our next 100.
    Friday: Aloe Blacc, ZZ Ward, Caravan Palace, MS MR, Bastille, OutKast, Grouplove, Kate Nash, HAIM, Jagwar Ma, Tom Odell, Neko Case
    Saturday
    : Chvrches, Lorde, ,Foxygen, The Naked and Famous, Pharrell Williams, Muse, Empire of the Sun, Bombay Bicycle Club, Pet Shop Boys, Saints of Valory, Temples
    Sunday: Arcade Fire, Lana Del Rey, Frank Turner, John Newman, J Roddy Walston and the Business, Superchunk, STRFKR, Neutral Milk Hotel

way to go! i agree on the drinking thing affecting what you eat the next day. that's one of the reasons i didn't go out on NYE this year so i could start eating right jan 1st with no excuses! i also bought two new pairs of walking shoes, one more designed for the desert where i walk and another more comfortable shoe for treadmills and such.

for me, tracking isn't the motivation as much as comparing to other people on myfitnesspal. it's kinda nice seeing people make progress and makes me want to make progress with them. i do find tracking more helpful when i'm cooking and not eating out. i never realized how many calories are in things like olive oil for example. every bit counts!

great progress, you can do this!

Nice work yourself! I agree, phase 1 of SB is a great detox. You don't realize how addicted you are to carbs until you've been off them for awhile and see how easy it is to skip them and how good it feels to start eating healthier options or just not overeating at all.
    Friday: Aloe Blacc, ZZ Ward, Caravan Palace, MS MR, Bastille, OutKast, Grouplove, Kate Nash, HAIM, Jagwar Ma, Tom Odell, Neko Case
    Saturday
    : Chvrches, Lorde, ,Foxygen, The Naked and Famous, Pharrell Williams, Muse, Empire of the Sun, Bombay Bicycle Club, Pet Shop Boys, Saints of Valory, Temples
    Sunday: Arcade Fire, Lana Del Rey, Frank Turner, John Newman, J Roddy Walston and the Business, Superchunk, STRFKR, Neutral Milk Hotel

Just signed up for my hometown half marathon March 30. Have not run more than 6 miles at a clip in months.

Here we go again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Starraven View Post
    Can I be in a great mood because I don't have an upcoming jail date?

Anyone ever tried gone gluten free? It is amazing the difference I feel, no dragging after meals. Bread is one of my favorite things ever. A fresh warm baguette from our local French bakery? Amazing pizza crust? Miss it so much, but feeling so much better without it.

I have Steve though am guilty of sneaking in some Mexican sweat bread once in a while

I second the amazingly clean feeling from going gluten free and energy you have...now try going dairy free along with that and you'll feel like a whole new machine
    Papi Piratón!

I've never been able to maintain it for more than 5-6 days straight, however I always feel significantly better when I do Steve. I hear from those who maintain gluten free, it's really long term abstinence that reduces the inflammation associated with gluten digestion. Most of the time I try to stay with fresh whole grains when I do crave breads and give in. However for shit like pizza, there is no acceptable substitute for wheat.
    Wow, 12 step meetings at Coachella, who knew? SOBERCHELLA.COM

I'm a reasonable man, get off my case....

Hey guys! Thought I should check in since its Jan. (the time I usually stalk the boards while waiting for the line up)

This past year I had lost 54lbs! Feeling really good about that. Was less than my original goal but definitely still great progress that I am happy with. BUT.. as of Dec 7th I went to Maui for 2 weeks, and came back to the holidays. All of the delicious sodium filled food set me back about 10lbs! I felt like a sodium bloated sponge. I'm hoping, and I think its mostly water weight. I started a 5 day Juice Cleanse/Fast on Sunday, currently down 6 out of those 10lbs! feeling MUCH better, not bloated and close to my original loss of 54lbs. Gonna use this Juice Cleanse as a reset button and go back to my healthy home cooked meals.

I've made some new weight loss goals for the new year. Not major changes, just slight modifications to last years goals.

- Every other month no alcohol. Conveniently April is an alcohol month.
    - Only one real cheat meal per month. (Last year was one cheat meal a week that ended up being a weekend)
    - Always log my meals into myfitnesspal. (Last year I skipped some days, and skipped the entire Maui trip)
    - Add more weight training to my work out routine. (last years focus was cardio, cardio, cardio)

Happy New Year to you all!!! Lets do this thing!
    “Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death.” - Albert Einstein
    “Music is a safe kind of high" - Jimi Hendrix
    “Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence.” - Robert Fripp
    “Nothing separates the generations more than music. By the time a child is eight or nine, he has developed a passion for his own music that is even stronger than his passions for procrastination and weird clothes.” - Bill Cosby

hey there, my fitness pal, euphonicfiend! you did have a great year, even if you didn't lose as much as you wanted. i'm envious of your ability to run those santa monica stairs!!!

i tend to go overboard with cheating too. my goal this year is to be more financially secure. after analyzing my expenditures last year, eating out is my biggest problem. hopefully the incentive to spend less money will keep me from spending too much on cheat food in restaurants this year. i've been cooking every day the past 8 days, but that is not really something i can maintain. perhaps i can just adjust my eating out to be more lower calorie options and fewer alcoholic beverages

and i too need to be better about logging into myfitnesspal as diligently as Price does since i do a lot of baking, i've tried to enter in the recipes i use frequently, even if they are things that are bad for me. that seems to help me from not forgetting.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

For the umpteenth time i've reduced the sugars and breads. I have also committed myself to not driving my car to work. I used my bike a lot last year but still not nearly enough and spent the last 3 months driving every day. I only work a mile and a half from home. I also have free access to all public transportation with a bus stop across the street. For now i'm walking more and eating better. Also drinking nothing but water during the week.

I also recently made some wardrobe changes. I finally decided that just because i'm fat doesn't mean I need to dress like a slob in clothes that don't fit right. I now own my first tailored suit and have taken other clothes in to get fitted and purchased some new threads. I basically have gone from looking like a duck dynasty character to something a bit more clean.