Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 742

Thread: Fitchella 2014 IT'S GO TIME!!!!

  1. #31
    old school unit300021's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    San Francisco, for now...
    Posts
    3,537

    Default Re: Fitchella 2014 IT'S GO TIME!!!!

    I'll actually partake in this thread this year even though I'm not sure if I'm going to Coachella next year yet. So far as of today I have lost about 30 pounds this year. I'm sure it will be higher once I actually start weight training. All I have done is change my diet, consume almost no alcohol anymore (unless a specific occasion like a wedding) and I walk between 3-5 miles 5 days a week. My goal is to lose another 30 pounds before October (my brothers wedding).
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

  2. #32
    Member beckamarsch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    192

    Default Re: Fitchella 2014 IT'S GO TIME!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by unit300021 View Post
    I'll actually partake in this thread this year even though I'm not sure if I'm going to Coachella next year yet. So far as of today I have lost about 30 pounds this year. I'm sure it will be higher once I actually start weight training. All I have done is change my diet, consume almost no alcohol anymore (unless a specific occasion like a wedding) and I walk between 3-5 miles 5 days a week. My goal is to lose another 30 pounds before October (my brothers wedding).
    I need to start walking. Maybe I will take my older 2 kids for a walk after dinner every night. They seem to like that Though I usually end up 2 miles down the road at the gas station and they ask for snacks!

    There is a good App called Map My Walk.
    Life Is Beautiful Festival, Las Vegas 2013
    First time at Coachella will be April 2014!

  3. #33
    Member zircona1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    1,393

    Default Re: Fitchella 2014 IT'S GO TIME!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    I read somewhere that diet pop can actually make you gain weight because the body doesn't know how to process/break down aspartame in the same way it processes natural sugar, and even though it's zero calorie cola it can still build up fat in your body. How much diet pop were you drinking before?
    Years ago I was drinking around 4 a day. Past few years it's been 2 or 3.
    We're here to play some Mississippi Delta Blues. We're in a horrible depression, and I gotta admit - we're starting to like it.

  4. #34
    Member beckamarsch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    192

    Default Re: Fitchella 2014 IT'S GO TIME!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by zircona1 View Post
    Years ago I was drinking around 4 a day. Past few years it's been 2 or 3.
    I was drinking way too much...I cut it to about 1-2 a day and I have actually started losing. Not sure if it is the soda or just the stress lately!
    Life Is Beautiful Festival, Las Vegas 2013
    First time at Coachella will be April 2014!

  5. #35
    Peaceful Oasis TomAz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Zenith, Winnemac
    Posts
    41,040

    Default Re: Fitchella 2014 IT'S GO TIME!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Godspeed View Post
    Something about soda makes it seem inherently unhealthy.
    mystic blather.



    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    I read somewhere that diet pop can actually make you gain weight because the body doesn't know how to process/break down aspartame in the same way it processes natural sugar, and even though it's zero calorie cola it can still build up fat in your body. How much diet pop were you drinking before?
    I would like you to explain the biochemical and/or mechanical process by which the body (in its "ignorance") converts something with zero calories to something with a lot of calories (fat). Show your work.

  6. #36

    Default Re: Fitchella 2014 IT'S GO TIME!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    I read somewhere that diet pop can actually make you gain weight because the body doesn't know how to process/break down aspartame in the same way it processes natural sugar, and even though it's zero calorie cola it can still build up fat in your body. How much diet pop were you drinking before?
    It can trigger your brain to crave sweets. They did studies that showed that people who drink diet soda tend to eat more.
    Oh look it stopped snowing...

  7. #37
    Member beckamarsch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    192

    Default Re: Fitchella 2014 IT'S GO TIME!!!!

    Lately I haven't even been hungry. I need to at least eat breakfast, since that boosts your metabolism. But I have to force it.
    Life Is Beautiful Festival, Las Vegas 2013
    First time at Coachella will be April 2014!

  8. #38
    Member beckamarsch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    192

    Default Re: Fitchella 2014 IT'S GO TIME!!!!

    LOL yea this could be a problem...252357_202120556578760_1019003539_n.jpg
    Life Is Beautiful Festival, Las Vegas 2013
    First time at Coachella will be April 2014!

  9. #39
    Member beckamarsch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    192

    Default Re: Fitchella 2014 IT'S GO TIME!!!!

    Who wants to do the 30 day Shred with me?
    Life Is Beautiful Festival, Las Vegas 2013
    First time at Coachella will be April 2014!

  10. #40
    Peaceful Oasis TomAz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Zenith, Winnemac
    Posts
    41,040

    Default Re: Fitchella 2014 IT'S GO TIME!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaks View Post
    It can trigger your brain to crave sweets. They did studies that showed that people who drink diet soda tend to eat more.
    Please explain the mechanics of this 'trigger' mechanism. Please show or cite a study that demonstrates causality and not mere correlation between diet sodas and consumption.

    You people really need to become more skeptical. Otherwise intelligent people can suddenly turn off half their rationality circuits when it comes to medicine.

  11. #41
    old school ThatGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,245

    Default Re: Fitchella 2014 IT'S GO TIME!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post


    I would like you to explain the biochemical and/or mechanical process by which the body (in its "ignorance") converts something with zero calories to something with a lot of calories (fat). Show your work.
    I can't find the article but it turns out how the body breaks down aspartame can cause decreased serotonin levels in the body. This stimulates appetite and causes people to overeat, impacting weight gain. So although it's true the body doesn't break down Aspartame in the same way as sugar, it's not the actual aspartame causing the weight gain, just the side effects of the aspartame consumption. What I originally read didn't explain it in this way, however.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

  12. #42
    Coachella Junkie algunz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rustin' in Tustin
    Posts
    21,633

    Default Re: Fitchella 2014 IT'S GO TIME!!!!


  13. #43
    Member footixy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Fresh Snow
    Posts
    1,927

    Default Re: Fitchella 2014 IT'S GO TIME!!!!

    if you're serious about this...STAY AWAY from refined foods

    get into the paleo diet (basic natural foods)(fruits, veggies, lean proteins) stick with it for a long period of time
    you HAVE to keep eating...try eating 5-6 times a day every 2 1/2 to 3 hrs would be ideal... instead of just cutting out how much you intake in a day, take away from how much you eat at a given meal but have more frequent meals throughout the day so that your metabolism stays ramped up cause if you only eat, say, twice a day and its not very much (your typical starvation diet) your metabolism is gonna crash after a couple weeks and then you're screwed...

    get your body metabolic and of course TRAINING

    the first few lbs are the easiest to shred, the rest will take forever so go time IS NOW!
    Papi Piratón!

  14. #44

    Default Re: Fitchella 2014 IT'S GO TIME!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Please explain the mechanics of this 'trigger' mechanism. Please show or cite a study that demonstrates causality and not mere correlation between diet sodas and consumption.

    You people really need to become more skeptical. Otherwise intelligent people can suddenly turn off half their rationality circuits when it comes to medicine.
    There are a lot of articles about it.
    Here is what one said:
    "Artificial sweeteners are hundreds to thousands of times sweeter than regular sugar, activating our genetically-programmed preference for sweet taste more than any other substance.
    They trick your metabolism into thinking sugar is on its way. This causes your body to pump out insulin, the fat storage hormone, which lays down more belly fat.
    It also confuses and slows your metabolism down, so you burn fewer calories every day.
    It makes you hungrier and crave even more sugar and starchy carbs like bread and pasta.
    In animal studies, the rats that consumed artificial sweeteners ate more, their metabolism slowed, and they put on 14 percent more body fat in just two weeks -- even eating fewer calories.
    In population studies, there was a 200 percent increased risk of obesity in diet soda drinkers."
    Last edited by Squeaks; 05-30-2013 at 05:18 PM.
    Oh look it stopped snowing...

  15. #45
    Member footixy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Fresh Snow
    Posts
    1,927

    Default Re: Fitchella 2014 IT'S GO TIME!!!!

    Squeaks is correct!

    its better to drink the HF corn syrup soda rather than diet...IF you need pop in your life
    Last edited by footixy; 05-30-2013 at 05:20 PM.

  16. #46

    Default Re: Fitchella 2014 IT'S GO TIME!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    I'll probably be dead by 2014
    But all this diet soda stuff doesn't concern you because you'll be dead, right?
    Oh look it stopped snowing...

  17. #47
    Coachella Junkie fatbastard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    12,287

    Default Re: Fitchella 2014 IT'S GO TIME!!!!

    I ate chicken breasts with my morning coffee.
    Whiskey Sour

    2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

    Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

  18. #48
    Member footixy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Fresh Snow
    Posts
    1,927

    Default Re: Fitchella 2014 IT'S GO TIME!!!!

    for reference again...

  19. #49
    Member Godspeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,263

    Default Re: Fitchella 2014 IT'S GO TIME!!!!

    I really like where this thread is going.

    I just got back from the gym after not having worked out since coachella. I can't believe I haven't been going. One hour a day and I'll be shredded by coachella next year.

    Just get in the gym and do it! You owe it to yourself!
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    Jesus fucking Christ, who the hell is this Godspeed asshole?

  20. #50
    Member footixy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Fresh Snow
    Posts
    1,927

    Default Re: Fitchella 2014 IT'S GO TIME!!!!

    Worst thing for people to put in body

    wheat products and dairy products

    Best things to put in your body that most think is the worst

    eggs(raise your good cholesterol hdl) and red meat(sirloin) both eaten in moderation

    why dairy?
    in general its not something the human body likes to eat nor tolerate well...
    its filling because it creates mucus in your body

    high fat fishes
    broccoli and cauliflower are very high in calcium is that's your concern

    just trying to help
    ONLY exception is In n Out

  21. #51
    Member Godspeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,263

    Default Re: Fitchella 2014 IT'S GO TIME!!!!

    So if im going to drink pretty regularly, should i be drinking mixed drinks or beer? I know I can search this, but I want to bring up the topic ITT.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    Jesus fucking Christ, who the hell is this Godspeed asshole?

  22. #52
    Member Godspeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,263

    Default Re: Fitchella 2014 IT'S GO TIME!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by footixy View Post
    Worst thing for people to put in body

    wheat products and dairy products

    Best things to put in your body that most think is the worst

    eggs(raise your good cholesterol hdl) and red meat(sirloin) both eaten in moderation

    why dairy?
    in general its not something the human body likes to eat nor tolerate well...
    its filling because it creates mucus in your body

    high fat fishes
    broccoli and cauliflower are very high in calcium is that's your concern

    just trying to help
    ONLY exception is In n Out
    TYFT

    So why is In n Out the exception? Also, pastas, good or bad for eating healthy?
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    Jesus fucking Christ, who the hell is this Godspeed asshole?

  23. #53
    Member footixy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Fresh Snow
    Posts
    1,927

    Default Re: Fitchella 2014 IT'S GO TIME!!!!

    stick with hard liquor without sodas or additives

    beer and wine ARE filled with empty calories

    anything devoid of sugars

    thats if youre seriously going to shred

    once in a while it is ok to give yourself a cheat day from the workout though

  24. #54
    Member footixy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Fresh Snow
    Posts
    1,927

    Default Re: Fitchella 2014 IT'S GO TIME!!!!

    In n Out's my guilty pleasure

  25. #55
    Member Godspeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,263

    Default Re: Fitchella 2014 IT'S GO TIME!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by footixy View Post
    stick with hard liquor without sodas or additives

    beer and wine ARE filled with empty calories

    anything devoid of sugars

    thats if youre seriously going to shred

    once in a while it is ok to give yourself a cheat day from the workout though
    Okay, so that's what I was thinking. I heard that alcohol robs oxygen from your muscles. Is this true?
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    Jesus fucking Christ, who the hell is this Godspeed asshole?

  26. #56
    Member Godspeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,263

    Default Re: Fitchella 2014 IT'S GO TIME!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by footixy View Post
    In n Out's my guilty pleasure
    I love it as well. I also like Chic-Fil-A.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    Jesus fucking Christ, who the hell is this Godspeed asshole?

  27. #57
    Member footixy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Fresh Snow
    Posts
    1,927

    Default Re: Fitchella 2014 IT'S GO TIME!!!!

    Before workouts early in the morning...eat

    one time simple sugars...piece of fruit w/honey or rice cakes with jam coupled with a whey protein shake

  28. #58
    old school concertgoer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    5,613

    Default Re: Fitchella 2014 IT'S GO TIME!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by footixy View Post
    stick with hard liquor without sodas or additives

    beer and wine ARE filled with empty calories

    anything devoid of sugars

    thats if youre seriously going to shred

    once in a while it is ok to give yourself a cheat day from the workout though
    Empty yummy calories though

  29. #59
    Member Godspeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,263

    Default Re: Fitchella 2014 IT'S GO TIME!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by footixy View Post
    Before workouts early in the morning...eat

    one time simple sugars...piece of fruit w/honey or rice cakes with jam coupled with a whey protein shake
    May I ask, do you even lift, bro?
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    Jesus fucking Christ, who the hell is this Godspeed asshole?

  30. #60
    Member footixy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Fresh Snow
    Posts
    1,927

    Default Re: Fitchella 2014 IT'S GO TIME!!!!

    ^^exactly!

Similar Threads

  1. Fitchella 2011
    By Gribbz in forum Misc. Lounge
    Replies: 2311
    Last Post: 12-16-2014, 09:04 PM
  2. Fitchella 2013 It's GO TIME!
    By Mr. Fuzz in forum Misc. Lounge
    Replies: 858
    Last Post: 05-30-2013, 01:29 PM
  3. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-17-2013, 07:17 AM
  4. Fitchella 2012 It's GO TIME!
    By faxman75 in forum Misc. Lounge
    Replies: 1758
    Last Post: 07-18-2012, 02:02 PM
  5. Fitchella
    By zajaa in forum Misc. Babble
    Replies: 223
    Last Post: 12-17-2010, 12:20 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •