Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Fitchella 2014 IT'S GO TIME!!!!

Default Re: Fitchella 2014 IT'S GO TIME!!!!

20lbs lost since May...now to lose another 20lbs lol
    Life Is Beautiful Festival, Las Vegas 2013
    First time at Coachella will be April 2014!

Quote Originally Posted by beckamarsch View Post
    20lbs gained since May...now to gain another 20lbs lol
    FTFM. When I started, I believe I was at 205ish. Now I'm at 225ish.

I hope everyone is still getting fit! Working out only take a few hours a week. Not eating like abject shit should be your main objective.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    Jesus fucking Christ, who the hell is this Godspeed asshole?

butthurt messiah TheVelvetSmudge's Avatar

It's officially go time.

VigoTheCarpathian

working out is so lame

VigoTheCarpathian

Instead you should eat small amounts of distinct tasting healthy foods and walk your dog to the cafe to say hi to the pretty young baristas and then smoke weed and go surfing

VigoTheCarpathian

Quote Originally Posted by Godspeed View Post
    FTFM.
    What is this? Fuck the fucking marathon?

butthurt messiah TheVelvetSmudge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VigoTheCarpathian View Post
    Instead you should eat small amounts of distinct tasting healthy foods and walk your dog to the cafe to say hi to the pretty young baristas and then smoke weed and go surfing
    Do you live in a place where this is easily done? Are you renting out rooms? Do you have any hot sisters? Are they bald?

I'm in! I have gained back some of the weight that I lost 2 years ago for fitchella. Ready to lose that and some more. Back at the gym, eating clean, and walking every day. Let's do this

Thought I should check in since its been awhile. I am down 50lbs from Jan 8th. Still at it, steady weight loss has slowed a bit. I have started weight training and keeping cardio 4-6 times a week. weights 3-4 times a week. Hope everyone is sticking and trying to stick to their goals! so ready for fitchella!
    “Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death.” - Albert Einstein
    “Music is a safe kind of high" - Jimi Hendrix
    “Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence.” - Robert Fripp
    “Nothing separates the generations more than music. By the time a child is eight or nine, he has developed a passion for his own music that is even stronger than his passions for procrastination and weird clothes.” - Bill Cosby

Quote Originally Posted by VigoTheCarpathian View Post
    What is this? Fuck the fucking marathon?
    Do you even forum, bro?
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    Jesus fucking Christ, who the hell is this Godspeed asshole?

Quote Originally Posted by beckamarsch View Post
    20lbs lost since May...now to lose another 20lbs lol
    You go, girl!

Quote Originally Posted by euphonicfiend View Post
    Thought I should check in since its been awhile. I am down 50lbs from Jan 8th. Still at it, steady weight loss has slowed a bit. I have started weight training and keeping cardio 4-6 times a week. weights 3-4 times a week. Hope everyone is sticking and trying to stick to their goals! so ready for fitchella!
    You amaze me! Congrats

I'm still here, too. Done with the weight-loss (36lbs total) and actually trying to put a bit back on in muscle to get back to a healthy BMI. Still working linear progression with the weights and eating 1900 calories (45/30/25). I'll definitely be more fit this coachella than last
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    They say manners are the thread of society. I spent the weekend with a bunch of monkeys who eat spaghetti with their feet, and are proud of it.

Congratulations on all the weight loss
    Today was a leg morning, going to be hard to sit down tomorrow! Now to just eat properly...

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Hi. So I purchased a scale for the first time in forever and it's making me kookoo. So I take a health assessment every year at work. In April with clothes on I weighed 287 at work. For the last almost 2 years i've hovered around 280-290. I calibrated my new scale and it's on a concrete surface at home. It says I weigh 312.2 pounds and i'm wearing much less than my work clothes.That's a 25-30 pound gain. I'm still wearing the same size clothes. This is why I hate scales. I'm about to start riding my bike, eating healthy and doing a little weight loss challenge and i'm sitting here dwelling on this stupid number because I want an accurate starting point. meh

Fuck it. 312 it is. I stood on it with an unopened 20 lbs of kitty litter and it was exact at 332 so I guess I gotta face it. Wowza. 312 pounds and approaching 40 years old. It's a death march until I change it.
    Last edited by faxman75; 10-04-2013 at 04:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    Hi. So I purchased a scale for the first time in forever and it's making me kookoo. So I take a health assessment every year at work. In April with clothes on I weighed 287 at work. For the last almost 2 years i've hovered around 280-290. I calibrated my new scale and it's on a concrete surface at home. It says I weigh 312.2 pounds and i'm wearing much less than my work clothes.That's a 25-30 pound gain. I'm still wearing the same size clothes. This is why I hate scales. I'm about to start riding my bike, eating healthy and doing a little weight loss challenge and i'm sitting here dwelling on this stupid number because I want an accurate starting point. meh

Fuck it. 312 it is. I stood on it with an unopened 20 lbs of kitty litter and it was exact at 332 so I guess I gotta face it. Wowza. 312 pounds and approaching 40 years old. It's a death march until I change it.
    I personally don't bother with a scale. I only weigh myself once every month but other then that I don't do it. When I did weigh myself everyday I started getting crazy about how I am not losing enough weight, instead of just being happy with the weight I lost. The mirror and your clothes are a much better judgement in my opinion. However if you do weigh yourself everyday just make sure you do it about same time everyday. Remember even if you only have lost a pound it is still a pound lighter and something to be happy about. Never look at any weight loss now matter how big nor small as a negative, it's always a positive. Also I know i have said this before in here but losing weight and living a healthier life doesn't come from a diet, diet is just die with a t at the end. To really lose weight and keep it off demands a lifestyle change.

I am currently in the middle of losing weight also (close to 40 pounds now) and have my degree in Kinesiology, which requires a ton of classes in this stuff so please feel free to ask any questions and either me or someone else will be happy as hell to answer and support you on your new found journey to healthier living.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

Thanks unit. I actually started a fitchella thread a couple years ago when I was on a roll. I'm 38 and have been down this road before. The 312 number scared me into action. I'm not waiting until Monday. Diet changes have begun and today just light exercise like some walking and chores around the house. I'm going to prepare my fridge by getting a bunch of fresh veggies and some fruit too. Monday I will begin riding my bike to work. It's a short ride that i'm ashamed to even drive my car in the hot summer months (10 minutes on my one speed cruiser bicycle about 1.3 miles each way). I also plan on doing mile walks/jogs before work and eating breakfast at home too. I've been preparing to get back into ever since I stopped about 2 years ago so now it's time put it into action.

Congrats on your success thus far and continued good luck to all of us on our healthier life ambitions.
    Last edited by faxman75; 10-05-2013 at 12:53 PM.

just try not to institute too many changes all at once. stocking the fridge with good food and snacks is a great start but trying to do too much exercise right away can lead to frustrations and burn outs. maybe start off with riding to work a couple times a week until it becomes normal to you and then try riding more often or including other activities along side it.
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater)10/3-5 Austin City Limits

hey fellow fitchellans…. I recently stress fractured my right foot. I've been instructed not to run on it (which is a bummer)… Any fun ideas for how to get cardio in without bothering my foot?
    Quote Originally Posted by alpha_q_up View Post
    a cunt punt is always the best solution to cure someone of their bitchassness
    Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    Gay is the answer to everything.

If you can do an elliptical machine (though I might ask the doctor) then use that. If not then a stationary (preferably upright) bike should do just fine. You just want to do something that isn't weight baring on your foot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

I do own both of those pieces of equipment, so that could work…. Thanks! Doesn't beat going out & running/playing soccer, but it'll get the job done!
    Quote Originally Posted by alpha_q_up View Post
    a cunt punt is always the best solution to cure someone of their bitchassness
    Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    Gay is the answer to everything.

Changing the diet over the weekend made today easier. I prepared my lunches for the week at home, ate breakfast before bike riding to work. Now i'm eating broccoli and chicken for lunch. Snacks are grapes and handful of postachios. I also have bananas and regular peanuts here for snacks over the next week or two.

Saturday afternoon I stocked the fridge with fresh foods. Nothing frozen or processed (I do use some frozen veggies at work). Red peppers, green peppers, onions, minced garlic, fresh green beans (never used those before), banans, grapes, strawberries, nuts, lean beef, chicken, lamb, some fresh deli prosciutto and provolone and some hot sauce, fresh broccoli and cauliflower. I will be doing a lot more cooking for sure but that will replace all the McDonald's, buffet and ice cream eats that have crushed me. I will be bike riding all week for sure. It's a very easy bike ride and I do have saddle bags that makes bringing clothes and food easy to transport.

Quote Originally Posted by Azzah1977 View Post
    Hey everyone Have any of you lost more than 25 pounds and kept it off? I feel like it's something unreachable to me right now
    Yup! I've actually lost about 55 pounds over the past 4 years or so, and have kept it off. Brief history: I was always a scrawny kid, then ballooned in high school and college to 214 pounds at the highest (I'm 5'7") because of some health issues.

After I got my thyroid treated, and my hormone levels started to stabilize, I started working out and eating healthier. I never went crazy with dieting (I'm way too much of a foodie). Instead, if I wanted to eat something slightly higher in calories, I would just make sure to exercise more to make up for it. That's something I still do to this day. I don't believe it's healthy or sustainable to completely deprive yourself of certain foods.

What also helps with keeping my weight under control, living in San Francisco without a car, is doing a lot of walking. Exciting news: I'm less than half a pound away from being in the 150's! My goal is to be in the 140's by Coachella, and I really feel like that's achievable now. I joined a gym a couple months ago, so I've been trying to go between 4-5 times a week. When I go, I do a combination of cardio and weights for about an hour, followed by stretching.

Man, I was just looking through old photos from me at my biggest, and comparing them to now, and it's hard to remember what it was like being that big. Even though I feel pretty good about where my weight is right now, I still occasionally have the residual mentality of being the fat girl. Anyone have experience with it? How do you truly get over it?

And if this is helpful/inspirational to anyone, here's a before and after shot

photo (1).jpg
    "If you've lost your faith in love and music, the end won't be long." -The Libertines

Awesome work Amanda! You look great!

Today is day 4 of riding my bike to work. I even rode in the rain and it was chilly. Eating is going well, this morning for breakfast I cut up red and green peppers with some onions and sauteed them in a pan with 2 eggs and 2 strips of bacon. At work i've had a handful of postaccios, grapes and a banana. I've been drinking water and only water but i've mostly done that before this anyway. I feel very good already. I honestly was dealing with some depression I felt so physically bad. I hate what i've become. It makes me miserable when I can't walk a block without being in some kind of pain. Being fat makes you dread things you love like going out to concerts, travel and deciding what outdoor activities to do with my son. I do it to myself over and over though. I'm definitely an addict.

Great job Faxy! Keep it up man! I slipped a bit too. After starting my diet last december from 265lb to 190 on June 26th, I thought I was doing something great and I was fine...and then stopped dieting all together.... ya well, here I am 4 months later....15lb heavier So, I stepped on the scale the other day and was 206 and I previously vowed I never want to be over 200 again, so I immediately started my protein shake diet again. So Ive lost 5lb in the past 3 days... this is my message to keep me in check! Coachella will be approaching soon enough and I really want to be 165lb...
    Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

Good catch Paul. I am famous for congratulating myself on doing good for a bit and then saying fuck it and I start eating like a pig again. It's a struggle. I have a scale that's brand new and 5-10 pounds over what it should read. I think i'm just leaving it as is. Having it always tell me I weigh more that I really do is a good thing.

Today at work is the worst. I come in and there are muffins. 15 minutes later a tray of cookies, a half hour after that someone brings in chocolate cake and banana bread. 20 minutes later an e-mail about Nachos on the 2nd floor. Finally to top it all off my manager just brough us pizza.

Lucky for me I feel strong and avoided it all without issue. Now it's just saying no thanks a hundred more times despite everyone knowing loud and clear that i'm eating healthy and riding the bike. It doesn't stop them. They come up and whisper "a litttle won't hurt" or "you know it's good if you don't torture yourself and actually have some". No, you know what's good, if you stuff your face so I don't hear you nagging me to eat. thanks.
    Last edited by faxman75; 10-10-2013 at 10:20 AM.

Ya, that sounds like me. I unfortunately have the personality of all or nothing, so when I want to diet, I almost starve myself and try to eat as little as possible...and when Im hungry... I eat until Im bursting at the seams and hate myself...

Just keep at it Faxy, even if the pounds werent coming off, eating vegetables, going for bike rides, watching out from all that junk is better than eating at buffets and McDonalds and losing your breath walking more than a minute is a pain in the fuckin ass.
    Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    Awesome work Amanda! You look great!

Today is day 4 of riding my bike to work. I even rode in the rain and it was chilly. Eating is going well, this morning for breakfast I cut up red and green peppers with some onions and sauteed them in a pan with 2 eggs and 2 strips of bacon. At work i've had a handful of postaccios, grapes and a banana. I've been drinking water and only water but i've mostly done that before this anyway. I feel very good already. I honestly was dealing with some depression I felt so physically bad. I hate what i've become. It makes me miserable when I can't walk a block without being in some kind of pain. Being fat makes you dread things you love like going out to concerts, travel and deciding what outdoor activities to do with my son. I do it to myself over and over though. I'm definitely an addict.
    Thanks, Fax! I feel pretty great too. When I was in college, there was a part of the campus that was only accessible by climbing up a huge hill and a bunch of stairs. In the past, I literally had to stop every flight, and by the time I made it up I'd be out of breath and drenched in sweat. I recently went back to visit, and it was such a breeze going up there!

Great job riding your bike to work, especially braving the chilly rain. That's true dedication! Sounds like you're making really great diet choices as well, so keep it up.

Paul: the best advice I can give is to not get too hung up on where you used to be, or where you think you should be right now. Instead, the only thing you can do is recognize the little slip-up, and move forward from there. Day by day, make the right decisions and you'll get back down in no time. One day at a time!
    "If you've lost your faith in love and music, the end won't be long." -The Libertines

amandabomb has your boyfriend ever punched a guy from the internet in the nose?
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

VigoTheCarpathian

I'm going to start taking karate and pumping iron, bitchez

First week comes to an end and it went well. Stuck to the eating plan. Rode my bike every day. Drank nothing but water. I lost 6 pounds and i'm down to 306.