Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Fitchella 2014 IT'S GO TIME!!!!

Default Re: Fitchella 2014 IT'S GO TIME!!!!

I've kept off about 100 pounds for over 5 years now. it was originally 150 pounds, but I've gained some of that back over the last couple years.
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater)10/3-5 Austin City Limits

Quote Originally Posted by scenicworld View Post
    I've kept off about 100 pounds for over 5 years now. it was originally 150 pounds, but I've gained some of that back over the last couple years.
    WOW! That is awesome!!!!
    Life Is Beautiful Festival, Las Vegas 2013
    First time at Coachella will be April 2014!

Quote Originally Posted by Azzah1977 View Post
    Hey everyone Have any of you lost more than 25 pounds and kept it off? I feel like it's something unreachable to me right now
    I am in a similar boat as Unit, I lost 60lbs and it crept back on over the last 4 years. I let go of all my good habits and boom, there it was. I have started all over now, taking what has worked in the past and adding new things I have learned. 41lbs down since Jan. sometimes there are times where I feel I have so far to go and want to give up, one thing I keep reminding myself is - It will happen, just don't give up, keep going! also , I remind myself - The time is going to pass by anyways, use that time. My goal eventually will be maintenance.. I think that's a whole different learning experience in itself. This thread is great and very helpful! Good luck!
    “Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death.” - Albert Einstein
    “Music is a safe kind of high" - Jimi Hendrix
    “Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence.” - Robert Fripp
    “Nothing separates the generations more than music. By the time a child is eight or nine, he has developed a passion for his own music that is even stronger than his passions for procrastination and weird clothes.” - Bill Cosby

Thanks for all the feedback you guys! I think that you are right when you say if you feel like you can't then you have lost already. And I'm trying to change my mindset on that. It's not easy though. But I guess nothing ever is. I guess now that I'm older (35), this weight issue has become more of a health concern for me than just about how I look. We have diabetes in our family and I'm insulin resistant so I got alot of reasons to start being healthier. Did you guys start with baby steps? I'm impatient so I want to see results right away and I think that is my downfall.

Quote Originally Posted by Azzah1977 View Post
    Thanks for all the feedback you guys! I think that you are right when you say if you feel like you can't then you have lost already. And I'm trying to change my mindset on that. It's not easy though. But I guess nothing ever is. I guess now that I'm older (35), this weight issue has become more of a health concern for me than just about how I look. We have diabetes in our family and I'm insulin resistant so I got alot of reasons to start being healthier. Did you guys start with baby steps? I'm impatient so I want to see results right away and I think that is my downfall.
    I am the same way, but I have slowly and painfully learned that you have to work for it.

You need patience to see results, for both the health and physical aspect. Keep plugging away, and I promise you'll thank yourself later.

Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    Jesus fucking Christ, who the hell is this Godspeed asshole?

Thanks people! Someone just said to me "it's pure science and that's all it is. You eat well and you excersize and results will eventually come." And that makes it all the more real. I've downloaded myfitnesspal, just so I can record what I eat and how i'm eating. I would absolutely love some support if any of you are on there. Add me, Azzi 77.

Thanks again for all the support.

Training for this again:

PM me if you want to sponsor our team and I'll send you the link.

Quote Originally Posted by santasutt View Post
    Training for this again:

PM me if you want to sponsor our team and I'll send you the link.
    Awesome sent you a PM!

Seeing those people in the icy water makes my whole body ache!
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    They say manners are the thread of society. I spent the weekend with a bunch of monkeys who eat spaghetti with their feet, and are proud of it.

Wanna get huge?

The Rock's workout and diet plan: http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-...205123613.html

Snickers bar. Is it worth it?

If it fits your macros, go for it
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    They say manners are the thread of society. I spent the weekend with a bunch of monkeys who eat spaghetti with their feet, and are proud of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Errant View Post
    If it fits your macros, go for it
    Not sure how it would fit, but I ate it anyway. I feel sad now for eating that crap since lately I've been eating pretty decently.

Quote Originally Posted by Godspeed View Post
    Not sure how it would fit, but I ate it anyway. I feel sad now for eating that crap since lately I've been eating pretty decently.
    remember that feeling for next time you have a craving, but for now, forget about it and move on. That one snickers wont ruin all your work.. just don't make it a habit.
    “Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death.” - Albert Einstein
    “Nothing separates the generations more than music. By the time a child is eight or nine, he has developed a passion for his own music that is even stronger than his passions for procrastination and weird clothes.” - Bill Cosby

Snickers bar isn't a big deal. It's only 270 calories or so (assuming it is the regular size) so it's not a horrible thing. Just make sure to eat about 270 calories less at dinner and you will be fine. A calorie is a calorie, regardless if it comes from a snickers bar, fruits, rice your body won't know the difference. Even if all you eat is 5 snickers bars during the day that is still only a 1500 a day calorie and you will still lose weight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

I'm doing a 10 day juice/smoothie fast to get back on track. I've been running again and doing more yoga. How is everyone else doing?
    Oh look it stopped snowing...

Quote Originally Posted by Squeaks View Post
    I'm doing a 10 day juice/smoothie fast to get back on track. I've been running again and doing more yoga. How is everyone else doing?
    What are you doing for the 10 days? Is it a program or just your own thing? I need to try something and I LOVE smoothies

I have been doing well! 41lbs down since Jan. Saw another halt on the weight loss, I am not too worried though, this happened in april and then I shed a ton of pounds shortly after. It is really nice to have the weight chart on the MFP app, it shows past weight loss trends. When I am feeling discouraged I look back at that and its a nice reminder. Hitting the stairs today after work!

Quote Originally Posted by beckamarsch View Post
    What are you doing for the 10 days? Is it a program or just your own thing? I need to try something and I LOVE smoothies
    We have a juicer at home. I've been making lots of fresh veggie and fruit juice and smoothies. There's programs you can follow but I'm just doing my own thing. I'm trying to kickstart my weight loss. I had also been having some stomach issues so it helps me kind of reset my system. You basically are loading up on nutrients that you don't normally eat. It helps a lot to get my eating back on track and calm cravings. There's a lot of videos on you tube about juice fasting if you're interested.

Quote Originally Posted by euphonicfiend View Post
    I have been doing well! 41lbs down since Jan. Saw another halt on the weight loss, I am not too worried though, this happened in april and then I shed a ton of pounds shortly after. It is really nice to have the weight chart on the MFP app, it shows past weight loss trends. When I am feeling discouraged I look back at that and its a nice reminder. Hitting the stairs today after work!
    Awesome! Good for you!

I have lost 12lbs since the start of this thread. Not sure what I did except walking and a little diet change. 12 down...a lot more to go lol

Okay, so, I never fully completed my physical therapy after my last knee surgery in October of 2011 (I know, I know), and lately after any sort of minimal physical activity, my lower back and the muscle running from there along my hip/glut gets very sore and tender. My friend who is a physical therapist said that basically, my gluts and quads are still incredibly weak, which causes this inflammation....in the IT band? And that I need to do more strengthening exercises for all of that.

My question is, besides squats, leg lifts (while laying on the side), and using certain weight machines at the gym, does anyone have any recommended exercises? And what should the # of reps/sets of squats be if I'm trying to develop these muscles?

9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

You should be doing leg lifts not just on the side but both sides and stomach and back. If you can do them with a 1 pound weight or so and that will make them much harder. Also that will be the heaviest pound of your life. Step-Ups will be another good one that will work the leg. Just make sure with the steps up you go up with the bad leg and down with the good one. I would also throw in some calf raises to. I know those have nothing to do with the IT/Quad but everything is connected so it's important to strengthen the entire leg. All of those I would do 3 sets of 10 with about 30-45 seconds of rest in between each set. If I think of more later on I will update it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

Agree with working the entire leg all the way through the lower back/core. Slow, controlled movements and no plyometric type exercises. I would shy away from step ups unless they were on a very short step.

Romanian deadlifts, good mornings, back hyperextension, calf extension machines, lunges, etc. are all good. Would recommend against leg extension machines since they can put too much stress on the knee.

Focus on form, don't work until failure, you're rehabbing everything. Really be careful with squats and lunges, and I would use minimal/just body weight until everything feels good and you're confident in your form. I agree 3x10 is good, perhaps more rest between sets if you need it. Just listen to your body and don't overexert.
    northside groove...southside groove....eastside groove...westside groove

I was able to do 30 minutes of a piyoga (pilates + yoga?) class today before my knee started to feel really tender, and I didn't want to push it. Definitely got some good strengthening exercises in with that, and started on some other basic leg lifts/calf raises just on my own throughout the day. Hoping to slowly work in some more regular cardio and get back to a respectable fitness level cus holy fuck I've gotten doughy.

9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Try to cut down on calories by eating only 1/2 at some meals!

.................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

If you squint your eyes, that picture looks like a sick Kermit the Frog about to blow chow.
    northside groove...southside groove....eastside groove...westside groove

Has anyone tried Pressed Juicery or Naked Juices as a daily smoothie? (For those of us that don't have time to use the juicer during the day). My friend in CA is sending me a couple bottles of Pressed Juicery bottles. I imagine they are great, since I have read enough reviews. But living out of CA, they are $$ to get delivered.

They are $$ to walk across the street and buy one.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.