Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Fitchella 2014 IT'S GO TIME!!!!

Default Re: Fitchella 2014 IT'S GO TIME!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by footixy View Post
    RT
    Sounds like you have a case of roid rage
    Chill out a bit homeboy...you have plenty of other threads to continue your arguments with boardies

Don't plague fitchella
    Lets at least have a type of peaceful advice thread

B-complex supps for controlling stress
    Or some dips in some mineral springs
    OR a good old fashioned handy
    You're right. That's my bad.

Okay, so just a helpful tip for those who are doing dips: Make sure you are doing them in a slow and controlled manner. Doing dips quickly increases the risk of tearing or hurting your rotator cuff(s).

Which brings up another important truism of the gym: if you're going to workout, don't lift more than you should, make sure your form is sound, and make sure that your movements are controlled. There is nothing worse than having to stop working out because you hurt yourself.

The most important thing in the gym is to protect your back, shoulders, and your knees.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    Jesus fucking Christ, who the hell is this Godspeed asshole?

[QUOTE=amma_sol;2761557

But I am off to the gym! Trying to get my 5 mile time down on the elliptical. I'm at 54 minutes right now but trying to get down to ten minute miles. I can doooo it![/QUOTE]

Hi, amma_sol,
    Great job on the weight loss! If you ever feel like switching it up on the workout, there are so many great trails here in Santa Barbara, especially MTF.
    Grab a friend and hit the trail! It is so fun it doesn't even seem like a workout. In the summer, I have a group who does a big full moon loop every full moon- for 4 months. We take a picnic and have the best time. It's really great to have supportive friends who have similar goals, especially as one gets a bit older.
    For all intensive porpoises presale finally sold out

I did horribly this weekend on my diet. I don't count calories but I am pretty sure the crab legs, steak, shrimp and pasta I had all weekend were definitely a bad choice, add to that all the beer, champagne and captain morgan and I should probably not eat all week to make up for it. Then I get to work and my boss brought us each a slice of cheesecake for breakfast. UGH.

I am forcing myself to swim 30 minutes tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by locachica73 View Post
    I did horribly this weekend on my diet. I don't count calories but I am pretty sure the crab legs, steak, shrimp and pasta I had all weekend were definitely a bad choice, add to that all the beer, champagne and captain morgan and I should probably not eat all week to make up for it. Then I get to work and my boss brought us each a slice of cheesecake for breakfast. UGH.

I am forcing myself to swim 30 minutes tonight.
    I thought I did horrible too, but actually LOST 5lbs...not sure how I did that, but I wont complain. Our pool is ALMOST ready! I can't wait to start doing laps.

You can do it!
    Life Is Beautiful Festival, Las Vegas 2013
    First time at Coachella will be April 2014!

Quote Originally Posted by Godspeed View Post
    Do you remember on page 11 when you said this?

Well, it just recently pissed me off because after reading through this thread again, I've noticed that a lot of people are talking about themselves, announcing to the world: when they are going to workout, how they've been too lazy to workout, things that are affecting them and their workouts, what their current goals/standings are, etc... Things that you were criticizing me of doing.

You were acting like you've never been on a forum before. That's what people do on forums; they talk about themselves, what they do, what they've done; they argue about dumb shit; talk about their families; and any other random bull shit they want to talk about. If you actually read others' posts, you'd realize that, but you were too busy hoppin on the 'lets talk shit to Godspeed' train.

So for that:

Anyway, I'm going to the gym after work. I'll take my C4 pre-workout; it's been working pretty well so far. I am doing bench and squats today, so I'm hoping to hit 205x5x5 on bench, and my new goal is 225x5x5 on squats. I really hate squating, but it has to be done.

Ally, let us know how your eliptical workout goes!
    Be thankful that they named a train after you, Godspeed. I was merely treated like the caboose during my board bashing... lol
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by beckamarsch View Post
    I thought I did horrible too, but actually LOST 5lbs...not sure how I did that, but I wont complain. Our pool is ALMOST ready! I can't wait to start doing laps.

You can do it!
    Good work! and thanks. I should probably invest in a scale at some point, I usually only get on a scale when I am at the doctors office.

Good work! and thanks. I should probably invest in a scale at some point, I usually only get on a scale when I am at the doctors office.
    I dunno..I am too obsessed with mine!!! I have an app that reminds me to weigh in daily...lol

Quote Originally Posted by frazzles View Post
    I could probably get better results if I could force myself to eat more...maybe that will help my chest grow into my traps

Heeeyyyyyy
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

So it continues even from a decade ago when I last visited ...there are also couch sacrifices on occasion right?
    Good times....

EF great job at loosing those lbs keep it up girlfriend!
    hahaha i just saw this and had to post it to you

Quote Originally Posted by HAIRYGOOMBA View Post
    Hi, amma_sol,
    Great job on the weight loss! If you ever feel like switching it up on the workout, there are so many great trails here in Santa Barbara, especially MTF.
    Grab a friend and hit the trail! It is so fun it doesn't even seem like a workout. In the summer, I have a group who does a big full moon loop every full moon- for 4 months. We take a picnic and have the best time. It's really great to have supportive friends who have similar goals, especially as one gets a bit older.
    I go hiking all the time!!!! My pup loves it!

Quote Originally Posted by amma_sol View Post
    hahaha i just saw this and had to post it to you

I disagree with this message.

As an attorney, my official statement is do not commit arson. However, this ignores the fact that a couch can be legitimately disposed of by fire. Just, probably, not in the middle of the street, where burning couches is the most entertaining.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Lulz Ally
    I shall look into investing in a furniture store in IV soon

since this its the fitchella thread
    How to Cheat at Wii Fit!

Quote Originally Posted by amma_sol View Post
    I go hiking all the time!!!! My pup loves it!
    Oh Good! I have been a hiker all my life, and it keeps me (and my dogs) healthy and sane....it's such a plus to live in this climate and terrain!

I am glad you are getting out there.
    For all intensive porpoises presale finally sold out

Just checking in. I had to read back, you've all been really active. Lots of talk of supplements, but I don't do them and have nothing to contribute to that discussion. Paul is down 70lbs, super amazing! Actually, everyone is doing great. Oh, and Becka asked about the screen shots I posted of my logs... those are from MyFitnessPal. I few of us are using that to track our calories and exercise. Feel free to add me if you want to join (pricek01).

It's been two weeks since I upped my calories to maintenance. It seems to be working, as I've not gained but am still losing inches. I'm really loving lifting, and seem to be progressing well. Call me a dork, but I was super proud of myself the first time I added 25lb plates to the barbell
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    They say manners are the thread of society. I spent the weekend with a bunch of monkeys who eat spaghetti with their feet, and are proud of it.

My new favorite super foods - Goji Berries, Hemp Hearts, and Cocao Nibs! I nibble on Goji Berries and Cocao Nibs when I just want to snack, not too many though. The Hemp Hearts are great to add to salads, yogurt.. and almost anything! they have a nutty flavor, I sprinkle them on my eggs. The Hemp Hearts, Goji Berries, and Cocao Nibs are all great to put in smoothies! yum yum!
    “Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death.” - Albert Einstein
    “Music is a safe kind of high" - Jimi Hendrix
    “Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence.” - Robert Fripp
    “Nothing separates the generations more than music. By the time a child is eight or nine, he has developed a passion for his own music that is even stronger than his passions for procrastination and weird clothes.” - Bill Cosby

Talking Re: Fitchella 2014 IT'S GO TIME!!!!

Started bike riding to and from work. You guys have inspired me! Need to get fit for Coachella!

Yes you do!!!
    Go get em tiger

FINALLY warm enough to go into the pool...seriously! Its mid-June and COLD!? I HATE NY just saying lol

Quote Originally Posted by beckamarsch View Post
    FINALLY warm enough to go into the pool...seriously! Its mid-June and COLD!? I HATE NY just saying lol
    Excuses excuses, try telling that it's to cold to these guys!

I honestly think the Polar Bear Club is one of the coolest things out there and I would love to do it some day.
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

Quote Originally Posted by unit300021 View Post
    Excuses excuses, try telling that it's to cold to these guys!

I honestly think the Polar Bear Club is one of the coolest things out there and I would love to do it some day.
    LOL they rock!!! Though it could be worse, I can be like my husband who wont go into a pool unless the water is 80! Then again, he's just an idiot so...

I use to go swimming in Oregon rivers & streams that were mountain runoffs, it was cold but so exhilarating. I have no idea how I did it back then, now I can't even swim in our pool until it hits 75.

Do you guys recommend any cookbooks or websites for healthy/easy cooking options? I only know how to cook for fat people, I keep looking for recipes online and I keep running across ingredients that I have never heard of. The latest was titled "Healthy & Tasty Salad Recipe" and the first ingredient is a pound of fiddleheads... I don't think they carry those at any store I have ever been in.

I posted a link to a healthy Chinese cooking show in the cooking thread

It was a short run 2008 show but sooo informative on the bbc2
    My wife and I use those recipes daily

If you like it I can post the rest of the show

http://www.coachella.com/forum/showt...=1#post2759721

Last edited by footixy; 06-20-2013 at 07:02 AM.

I will go check it out, thanks!

I don't cook a lot of Chinese food but it would be fun to learn.

Gwyneth Paltrow has an amazing cookbook out...http://www.amazon.com/Its-All-Good-D...trow+cookbooks

oooh, that's just what I am looking for. Thanks!

oooh, that's just what I am looking for. Thanks!
    Welcome! I tried a variation of her avocado toast using vanilla Greek yogurt and it was YUMMY! I need to try more though lol

I hope jumping around like a man woman at The Airborne Toxic Event concert tonight counts as something lol

Hey everyone Have any of you lost more than 25 pounds and kept it off? I feel like it's something unreachable to me right now

Quote Originally Posted by Azzah1977 View Post
    Hey everyone Have any of you lost more than 25 pounds and kept it off? I feel like it's something unreachable to me right now
    Some of us have yes. I have lost it before and then gained it back but I am down 30 pounds currently and plan on keeping it and more off hopefully forever. Don't get discouraged though. Just remember losing weight the healthy way is a slow process, there is no quick fix. However long it took you put on the weight should be about how long it takes for you to lose it. Overall though if you lose a pound a week then you are losing it at a pretty good rate. More important then exercise is diet and what you eat. If yo go back through this thread there is plenty of examples of what to eat not to eat. Don't get me wrong exercise is important but diet should be the fist thing to change. You can exercise all you want but if you still eat a shitty diet then nothing is going to change.

Once you start feeling like it is unreachable then you have already lost and nothing is going to change. A buddy of mine is a GM of a 24 hour fitness and he is always posting quotes and shit and there are the two that have really helped me to work on getting my ass back into shape. "Your attitude determines your altitude" and "You can't talk your way out of habits your body has been conditioned to do"

Keep up the good work and please feel free to ask any questions and people in here are pretty go with helping.
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?