Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Fitchella 2014 IT'S GO TIME!!!!

Default Re: Fitchella 2014 IT'S GO TIME!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by locachica73 View Post
    I wish I had the funds to be able to do something like that. I look at organic produce and grass fed meat at the grocery store and it just isn't something I can afford at this time. Also, I wonder sometimes if the organic sections of the grocery store is really as organic as they label them to be, or if they just know there are people out there willing to throw a few extra bucks for the peace of mind they are getting by shopping in that section.
    "Products displaying the USDA Organic seal must consist of at least 95 percent organically produced ingredients."

"Processed products that contain at least 70 percent organic ingredients can use the phrase "made with organic ingredients" and list up to three of the organic ingredients or food groups on the front of the package. However, the USDA Organic seal cannot be used anywhere on the package."

"Processed products containing less than 70 percent organic ingredients cannot use the term "organic" other than to identify the specific ingredients that are organically produced in the ingredients statement."

http://life.gaiam.com/article/usda-organic-behind-label

Thank you, I need to start making a switch and see if it makes a difference in my health. I have already given up frozen/canned foods because the preservatives make me sick, this will probably be my next step. I just hate how much of a cost difference it is to eat those foods. I will have to do some research for cheaper options.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

Yeah it can be very expensive to eat organic.

Let us know if you find anything.

I don't know what the farmers market scene is in like Phoenix but if you have one I would recommend getting your fruits and veggies from there. I think it's cheaper then supermarkets, but I'm not 100% sure and it is usually a lot better quality/taste better. Plus most farmer markets consist of local small farms so it's good to support those guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

Quote Originally Posted by unit300021 View Post
    I don't know what the farmers market scene is in like Phoenix but if you have one I would recommend getting your fruits and veggies from there. I think it's cheaper then supermarkets, but I'm not 100% sure and it is usually a lot better quality/taste better. Plus most farmer markets consist of local small farms so it's good to support those guys.
    I'll be sure to check out my local farmers market this weekend.

farmers markets tend to close up in the summer here.

I wish I had the funds to be able to do something like that. I look at organic produce and grass fed meat at the grocery store and it just isn't something I can afford at this time. Also, I wonder sometimes if the organic sections of the grocery store is really as organic as they label them to be, or if they just know there are people out there willing to throw a few extra bucks for the peace of mind they are getting by shopping in that section.

I'm not a wealthy man either and have mouths to feed
    Buying everything at whole foods is so damn expensive it's scary the thought of trying to eat healthy and thinking more about the account than health

I manage to stop eating out at restaurants and buying Starbucks now and then...also stopped buying cereals and prepackaged foods at the store and noticed the amount of money I had left over each month and said Hey I can afford all this healthy organic food after all

You don't want to eat food that's far removed from the earth
    That takes 10 steps from the hand of man from where it originally came from to your plate

farmers markets tend to close up in the summer here.
    Yeah I can imagine that, I didn't put to much thought into the desert weather in Arizona.

I have been spending too much time cruising the internet since I have very little work to do. All of the nastiness in food is making me want to give up food completely, which would be good for my diet I suppose. What I thought were healthy food options are far from it after reading up on different restaurants, add to that the pesticides on my healthy fruits and vegis and the hormones in meat...
    Whatever you do, do NOT watch Food, Inc...you have been warned
    Life Is Beautiful Festival, Las Vegas 2013
    First time at Coachella will be April 2014!

Watch "Food, Inc" and "Forks over Knives".....knowledge is power.

I work on an organic farm and grow lots of my own food. I eat the way I do not because of how I want to look or because I am a health freak, but
    because I can't imagine killing anything living because I want to eat it. I think meeting a cow's eyes while he was being transported to slaughter, while stuck in horrible urban traffic, is what changed me forever.

I have been vegan for a long time, but I know it's not for everyone, and I am not a jerk about it (aside from posting this here, now)

Tons of rice, beans, lentils, and mountains of fresh produce. What could be better? I realize that my circumstances are fortuitous for supporting my choices.
    I would certainly never gauge someone's health or fitness by the massive size of their muscles.
    For all intensive porpoises presale finally sold out

Quote Originally Posted by HAIRYGOOMBA View Post
    Watch "Food, Inc" and "Forks over Knives".....knowledge is power.

I work on an organic farm and grow lots of my own food. I eat the way I do not because of how I want to look or because I am a health freak, but
    because I can't imagine killing anything living because I want to eat it. I think meeting a cow's eyes while he was being transported to slaughter, while stuck in horrible urban traffic, is what changed me forever.

I have been vegan for a long time, but I know it's not for everyone, and I am not a jerk about it (aside from posting this here, now)

Tons of rice, beans, lentils, and mountains of fresh produce. What could be better? I realize that my circumstances are fortuitous for supporting my choices.
    I would certainly never gauge someone's health or fitness by the massive size of their muscles.
    Oh I agree...it just made me not want to eat anything! And the conditions of those poor creatures
    Life Is Beautiful Festival, Las Vegas 2013
    First time at Coachella will be April 2014!

You can't imagine killing anything living? Are you under the impression that these plants die of natural causes?
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

Randy's right

Eating fresh plants you consume their chlorophyll therefore making you a type of vampire

I could never give up weekly steak night. I may have to try a grass fed ribeye steak though. I wonder if there is a difference in flavor.

Quote Originally Posted by footixy View Post
    Randy's right

Eating fresh plants you consume their chlorophyll therefore making you a type of vampire
    Yep. For some reason I'm okay with that...
    For all intensive porpoises presale finally sold out

It seems like Farmer's markets are expensive. We bought "organic" tamales there this past weekend, and they were $11 for a half-dozen. We also bought tomatoes and they were smaller and more expensive that Trader Joes'.

Meh. Seems like I'll just stick with Trader Joes.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    Jesus fucking Christ, who the hell is this Godspeed asshole?

$11 for half a dozen regular tamales sounds like a great deal, I would assume organic would be higher priced. I have gone through the tamale making process, it's not easy. If I count all the supplies, time and margaritas we go through to make them, I would have to charge $30/dozen at least.

Oh man when I was in college there was this couple that went door to door in IV selling homemade tamales for $1 each. They were possibly the best tamales I've ever had.

But when I lost most of my weight i did the paleo diet. Basically everything that comes in a box you aren't supposed to eat. And you are supposed to eat grass fed beef and all organic everything. It got really expensive but did give me a ton of energy. I eventually had to make cuts some places because it was too much on my budget.

I have noticed I end up spending the same amount at the market regardless. So now I always opt for organic. I get less food but I am getting better quality. I go shopping once a week for fresh foods and I do not buy many processed foods. As I stated earlier in the thread, I do a meal prep for 2-4 days , I eat much better when I have prepped healthy meals.. I have very little time and meal prepping has helped a lot. Working M-F business hours, working out, and trying to eat healthy can be hard. Fail to plan, plan to fail - what I tell myself when I am not motivated to meal prep. It works though!

Update: Down 40lbs from Jan! feeling awesome! my scrubs are super baggy and I will soon need new ones, holdin out a little longer though.
    Last edited by euphonicfiend; 06-14-2013 at 09:49 AM.
    “Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death.” - Albert Einstein
    “Music is a safe kind of high" - Jimi Hendrix
    “Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence.” - Robert Fripp
    “Nothing separates the generations more than music. By the time a child is eight or nine, he has developed a passion for his own music that is even stronger than his passions for procrastination and weird clothes.” - Bill Cosby

Quote Originally Posted by amma_sol View Post
    in IV
    Are drunken fools still falling off those IV cliffs

Are drunken fools still falling off those IV cliffs
    Every year there is at least one. This past floatopia they found a girl from slo washed up on the beach. Said she got too drunk and fell off the cliff. People are so dumb there. When I lived on DP people would walk on our balcony fence to get from one house to the other... when will people learn?!!?

So it continues even from a decade ago when I last visited ...there are also couch sacrifices on occasion right?
    Good times....

EF great job at loosing those lbs keep it up girlfriend!

Yes many couches have lost their lives in the streets of Isla Vista.

But I am off to the gym! Trying to get my 5 mile time down on the elliptical. I'm at 54 minutes right now but trying to get down to ten minute miles. I can doooo it!

Quote Originally Posted by amma_sol View Post
    Yes many couches have lost their lives in the streets of Isla Vista.

But I am off to the gym! Trying to get my 5 mile time down on the elliptical. I'm at 54 minutes right now but trying to get down to ten minute miles. I can doooo it!
    Good luck!

Unrelated: Unit can literally go fuck himself.

EF great job at loosing those lbs keep it up girlfriend!
    thank you!
    “Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death.” - Albert Einstein
    “Music is a safe kind of high" - Jimi Hendrix
    “Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence.” - Robert Fripp
    “Nothing separates the generations more than music. By the time a child is eight or nine, he has developed a passion for his own music that is even stronger than his passions for procrastination and weird clothes.” - Bill Cosby

Quote Originally Posted by Godspeed View Post
    Good luck!

Unrelated: Unit can literally go fuck himself.
    What the fuck is your problem fuckhead? When was the last time I even fucking said anything to you?

What the fuck is your problem fuckhead? When was the last time I even fucking said anything to you?
    Do you remember on page 11 when you said this?

Honestly, please feel free to post if you have a question/advice/interesting article/words of encouragement/new work out you did/anything that really contributes to the thread and helps people out. But really no one fucking cares that you are to hungover to work out or that it's your fourth day in a row working out. I mean good for you congratulations in trying to improve your life but you don't need to make an announcement every time to the world.
    Well, it just recently pissed me off because after reading through this thread again, I've noticed that a lot of people are talking about themselves, announcing to the world: when they are going to workout, how they've been too lazy to workout, things that are affecting them and their workouts, what their current goals/standings are, etc... Things that you were criticizing me of doing.

You were acting like you've never been on a forum before. That's what people do on forums; they talk about themselves, what they do, what they've done; they argue about dumb shit; talk about their families; and any other random bull shit they want to talk about. If you actually read others' posts, you'd realize that, but you were too busy hoppin on the 'lets talk shit to Godspeed' train.

So for that:
    Quote Originally Posted by Godspeed View Post
    Unit can literally go fuck himself.

Anyway, I'm going to the gym after work. I'll take my C4 pre-workout; it's been working pretty well so far. I am doing bench and squats today, so I'm hoping to hit 205x5x5 on bench, and my new goal is 225x5x5 on squats. I really hate squating, but it has to be done.

Ally, let us know how your eliptical workout goes!

You're boring. I'm going to work out my patience and put you on ignore. Goodbye.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    You're boring. I'm going to work out my patience and put you on ignore. Goodbye.
    Ignore is for the weak.

RT
    Sounds like you have a case of roid rage
    Chill out a bit homeboy...you have plenty of other threads to continue your arguments with boardies

Don't plague fitchella
    Lets at least have a type of peaceful advice thread

B-complex supps for controlling stress
    Or some dips in some mineral springs
    OR a good old fashioned handy