Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Fitchella 2014 IT'S GO TIME!!!!

Default Re: Fitchella 2014 IT'S GO TIME!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PlayaDelWes View Post
    I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on one of these.

You should!
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    Jesus fucking Christ, who the hell is this Godspeed asshole?

I need to go workout, but I am feeling pretty hungover.
    Last edited by Godspeed; 06-08-2013 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godspeed View Post
    I need to go workout, but I am feeling pretty hungover.
    Honestly, please feel free to post if you have a question/advice/interesting article/words of encouragement/new work out you did/anything that really contributes to the thread and helps people out. But really no one fucking cares that you are to hungover to work out or that it's your fourth day in a row working out. I mean good for you congratulations in trying to improve your life but you don't need to make an announcement every time to the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

Quote Originally Posted by unit300021 View Post
    Honestly, please feel free to post if you have a question/advice/interesting article/words of encouragement/new work out you did/anything that really contributes to the thread and helps people out. But really no one fucking cares that you are to hungover to work out or that it's your fourth day in a row working out. I mean good for you congratulations in trying to improve your life but you don't need to make an announcement every time to the world.
    In my mind, it's helping others because they're seeing other people get off their ass and hit the gym. It motivates me when others post "ITT" what they are doing, whether it be the way they're eating, or the ab shredder video they're using.

Others are doing it too, so it seems like you're just mad and trying to unnecessarily start shit with me.

When is the last time you have done something relating to exercise? Do you even lift, bro?
    Last edited by Godspeed; 06-08-2013 at 02:36 PM.

In my mind, it's helping others because they're seeing other people get off their ass and hit the gym. It motivates me when others post "ITT" what they are doing, whether it be the way they're eating, or the ab shredder video they're using.

Others are doing it too, so it seems like you're just mad and trying to unnecessarily start shit with me.

When is the last time you have done something relating to exercise? Do you even lift, bro?
    See others saying what work out they did or what they are eating or a new ab video they are doing is contributing simply because it might give someone an idea to try something new. You simply saying "you're feeling to hung over to work out" or "went to the gym again today" doesn't do anything. Yes others are doing that also and I could have just as easily quoted them also and if they were on the same page I would have. However the start of a new page and you were the only one that was quotable. Believe it or not though not everything on this board is about you or trying to start shit with you. I don't start shit with people I really don't care about.

And as far as the last time I did anything exercise related. Well for starters I woke up early this morning and walked just about 5 miles. Then after eating breakfast I went to the gym for about an hour. And now I am going to play basketball in about 40 mins.

Also don't call me bro/brah/any variation of it. It has nothing to do with how we aren't friends but more to do with how I much I hate when people use that term. I'm not your brother, and as far as I know I'm not related to you any way so there is no reason to use that term with me.

Also for the record I was just basically saying if you don't have anything that helps contribute then don't post it. I never asked you "last time you exercised" or "if you even lift." So really it sounds like you are trying to start unnecessary shit with me. Just remember not every time someone quotes you is a personal attack on you.

Okay, point taken.

What are your goals? Are you more cardio oriented or lifting oriented? I'd imagine you would be pretty strong from looking at your pics.

WOOHOO! Ive had a great week of dieting and weight loss, and been on my diet for 6 months and a day and hit 70lb dropped!!!
    Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

Quote Originally Posted by paulb View Post
    WOOHOO! Ive had a great week of dieting and weight loss, and been on my diet for 6 months and a day and hit 70lb dropped!!!
    That's so awesome, Paul! Keep it
    Going to my yoga class this morning. I'm glad to have found a form of exercise that I really enjoy.
    My goal is to get back to running at least 3 times a week. It's just been hellish weather here though. It's summer in Lousyana.
    Oh look it stopped snowing...

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Don't people run at night down there?

That'd be my plan
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Quote Originally Posted by heart cooks brain View Post

That'd be my plan
    I do run at night. It's still hot and muggy though.

Quote Originally Posted by paulb View Post
    That is awesome!!!! Congratulations!
    Life Is Beautiful Festival, Las Vegas 2013
    First time at Coachella will be April 2014!

Making banana pancakes
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    Making banana pancakes
    I'll be right over lol

Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    Making banana pancakes
    Want

Quote Originally Posted by heart cooks brain View Post

That'd be my plan
    Running at night is optimal but it sucks because you can't see the ground very well, and if you bring a flashlight, it bounces the entire time. What about early in the morning?

Running at night is optimal but it sucks because you can't see the ground very well, and if you bring a flashlight, it bounces the entire time. What about early in the morning?
    Oh, I'm not a morning person.
    But it's well lit where I go.

I'm going to walk the mall. I feel like I have slacked way too much this weekend, and since i am meeting friends there for dinner, might as well make it productive!!

My neighbors think I'm weird because I do yoga to fast music. But what they don't know is that I've been to enough yoga classes that I can come up with my own flows, and I enjoy a flawless playlist for this sort of thing.
    I haven't posted in "this year's" version of Fitchella yet, so I'll say hey yet again. I check (lurk) in nearly twice a week since 2011 because I like the charts and inspiration for healthy meals and whatnot. Seriously proud of paulb. One can only strive to be as driven as you've been.

Does anyone have any experience with C4 pre-workout? I just bought some today, and am trying it for the first time. I was initially taking a small dose of caffeine to get me off my ass, but that really didn't do much.

Quote Originally Posted by djbionik View Post
    My neighbors think I'm weird because I do yoga to fast music.
    Funny way of Balancing your Chi

Quick fact of the day...
    Its incredibly frustrating to loose weight

for women
    from the navel to kneecap

And for guys
    from the crotch to the nipples

Just biologically your body protecting itself for survival purposes...it's going to take a lot of patience and keep a long term outlook on things

Does anyone have any experience with C4 pre-workout? I just bought some today, and am trying it for the first time. I was initially taking a small dose of caffeine to get me off my ass, but that really didn't do much.
    I have tried it, I have a high caffeine tolerance so I do not use it on a regular basis cause it seems pointless. I don't suggest using it unless you really really need it. I see a lot of the guys at the gym who cant get a good workout with out it, you don't want to become dependent on it. The niacin made my face tingle and itchy, I felt like druggie. It works though..
    “Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death.” - Albert Einstein
    “Music is a safe kind of high" - Jimi Hendrix
    “Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence.” - Robert Fripp
    “Nothing separates the generations more than music. By the time a child is eight or nine, he has developed a passion for his own music that is even stronger than his passions for procrastination and weird clothes.” - Bill Cosby

Quote Originally Posted by euphonicfiend View Post
    I have tried it, I have a high caffeine tolerance so I do not use it on a regular basis cause it seems pointless. I don't suggest using it unless you really really need it. I see a lot of the guys at the gym who cant get a good workout with out it, you don't want to become dependent on it. The niacin made my face tingle and itchy, I felt like druggie. It works though..
    I tried it and honestly had a killer workout. I couldn't believe it.

I am going to have to modify the 30 Day Shred workout...or just take what I can from the video and do it on my own. Apparently having 3 screws in your foot is not compatible with the video lol

So far walking, light strength training and things like crunches work great!

I tried it and honestly had a killer workout. I couldn't believe it.
    Yeah, it definitely works. Just be careful, you wanna be able to have killer work outs with out the stuff too.. Pre-Work outs scare me a little bit.
    “Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death.” - Albert Einstein
    “Music is a safe kind of high" - Jimi Hendrix
    “Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence.” - Robert Fripp
    “Nothing separates the generations more than music. By the time a child is eight or nine, he has developed a passion for his own music that is even stronger than his passions for procrastination and weird clothes.” - Bill Cosby

I've tried many different Pre-workout Supplements over the years, and agree that you can get a great workout after drinking them.

But ultimately I came to the conclusion that you can become dependent on them, and doing things naturally is always the best way to go.

Whether you're trying to gain muscle, or just trying to slim down, the key is a multivitamin of some sort (Guys: Optimen, Animal Pak, etc.), a healthy diet, and high quality protein powder w/ Amino Acids. The healthy diet and the vitamins will keep your energy levels where they should be and keep you wanting to work out, and the protein is going to help your muscles recover and grow.

Intermittent fasting?

So I heard about this over the weekend from a friend

Leangains.com
    Stop eating 8pm and don't eat again till 12noon next day. Everyday

Sounds very interesting for just the average person trying to get into better shape, not sure if its for me since I already eat and train properly
    Thought I'd post this here. Unit, if you read this, can you elaborate if this is healthy or not?

The only problem with with those rules, don't eat after certain time, is that it isn't made for the individual. Yes you don't want to eat a few hours before you go to bed, but that is so your stomach can digest the food. Sleep is how your body recovers it self, not surprisingly, and if you eat right before you go to sleep then your body is digesting the food not recovering from it. However if you don't get off work until eight and don't go to bed until 2 am are you not supposed to eat dinner and wait until 12 the next day? No you eat dinner when you get home and are hungry. Not that those rules are bad but don't follow those specific times, follow what your body and your schedule allows you to do.

I've taken pretty much all the big name pre-workouts but I think just taking caffeine pills are a lot more economical. Pretty much every useful PWO is just caffeine and some other crap. DMAA is another nice stimulant but most supplements have stopped using it as an ingredient. 200 mg cap of caffeine and I'm good to go.