Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Fitchella 2014 IT'S GO TIME!!!!

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Default Re: Fitchella 2014 IT'S GO TIME!!!!

Things are going well over here. Eating well, cooking and bringing food to work, walking every day. The last two days I only did about 2.75 miles of walking but prior to that it was 5+ miles a day. Today will likely be around five miles as i'm going to walk to the movie theater this evening. I have more energy and my body isn't aching very much. I just need to keep this up forever.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

things are going great here too. i feel good about being in a bathing suit in two weeks. i spend a lot more time in my kitchen cooking and keeping things clean.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

I am in the middle of week 2, month 1 of T25. I don't see the results as fast as I did with insanity, but I am slowly shedding a pound here and there. I am also trying to snack less, drink no soda, consume tons of water and limit fried foods.
    10/8 - Little Dragon @ Marquee (Tempe, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

ha, too bad you got a deep fryer!
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Ha ha I did the same thing last year. My excuse was I can just eat wings forever. The problem is I would always decide to cut up a potato and toss it in too. Then I wanted to make onion rings. Luckily I haven't used it in months. I don't even let it enter the equation. If I want wings I bake them. Most everything else I cook in the skillet. Oh I have also added salmon to my diet. I eat it once a week and I need to because my good cholesterol was low. Salmon is one of the few things I buy frozen and I do it because of the price. I buy the wild salmon individually packed in a giant frozen bag and it's convenient to just take one fillet and put it in the fridge the day before I plan on cooking it. I also made a salad to go with a steak last night that was very good. Just lettuce, sharp chedder cheese, green peppers, onions, jalepeno's and a lil bit of ranch dressing. I considered bacon but decided against since I had a steak. I've also started to try some of the premade spices/dry rubs that come in the seasoning packages. I purchased Malibu for the chicken and it was good and last night I had one specifically for steak that tasted great. It's an easy way to have different flavors if you eat a lot of chicken and steak like I do.

Eh, I can resist using it. For me, it's about avoiding certain types of food at restaurants and stopping the late-night snacking.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    Eh, I can resist using it. For me, it's about avoiding certain types of food at restaurants and stopping the late-night snacking.
    This is my weak point as well. I am on week 2 of this diet thing, and this week was better than last by far. I have lost some weight, but have yet to go the the gym for the real workout routine. I need to get started on that shit, but since my leg is still not 100% well, I have done walking around campus at night to make-up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Smooches. =)

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    things are going great here too. i feel good about being in a bathing suit in two weeks. i spend a lot more time in my kitchen cooking and keeping things clean.
    That's a good woman, right there.

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    Ha ha I did the same thing last year. My excuse was I can just eat wings forever. The problem is I would always decide to cut up a potato and toss it in too. Then I wanted to make onion rings. Luckily I haven't used it in months. I don't even let it enter the equation. If I want wings I bake them. Most everything else I cook in the skillet. Oh I have also added salmon to my diet. I eat it once a week and I need to because my good cholesterol was low. Salmon is one of the few things I buy frozen and I do it because of the price. I buy the wild salmon individually packed in a giant frozen bag and it's convenient to just take one fillet and put it in the fridge the day before I plan on cooking it. I also made a salad to go with a steak last night that was very good. Just lettuce, sharp chedder cheese, green peppers, onions, jalepeno's and a lil bit of ranch dressing. I considered bacon but decided against since I had a steak. I've also started to try some of the premade spices/dry rubs that come in the seasoning packages. I purchased Malibu for the chicken and it was good and last night I had one specifically for steak that tasted great. It's an easy way to have different flavors if you eat a lot of chicken and steak like I do.
    I have been trying to eat salmon once or twice a week too. I love the individual portions. I have been sauteeing in a little olive oil with some seafood rub I got at Costco. I find I can just eat a fillet with some broccoli, or break it up and put it on a taco with cabbage, cilantro and lime, or put it on top of a salad. So good.

My company offers a discount if I join a fitness club, I have been going to my apartment workout room off and on but I think it's time to join a gym and maybe see about getting a personal trainer for a month to teach me how to work out properly for the best possible results.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

Another easy & healthy way to spice up salmon for those trying to eat more of it: low/non fat greek yogurt, a little olive oil, lime, cilantro, garlic, onion all in a blender. Fast & tasty! I love my bullet blender… haha.
    crab fries

Nice I do tend to cook it on top of some minced garlic and will often sprinkle some cajun season on top but I will try some of these other suggestions to switch up the flavors.

Walked about 5 miles yesterday. I skipped dinner because I had about 4 shots of vodka or so then went to a movie walked home and went right to sleep.

Today breakfast was 2 eggs and 2 strips of bacon. Lunch was a frozen atkins meal I have in my work fridge for when I forget to cook or bring something from home so it was good being prepared. I have a LOT more walking planned for this weekend. My weekend walks include a walk to the community college then 2 miles around the track and home, that's five miles right there. I also have found exploring the arts district to be pretty awesome. Just put on headphones, walk and explore. I will probably play some basketball with Connor too. So far so good. I have noticed the pants getting looser. Body feels great. Even some minor improvements in my shoulder and lower back pain.
    Last edited by faxman75; 02-07-2014 at 12:01 PM.

I need to get some of those calorie friendly frozen meals. I try to pre-cook my stuff as much as I can but sometimes life happens. Today I didn't have time to throw something together so I had to stop at Subway which is always 700+ calories of mostly carbs… could be worse, but still. Love Chipotle though - a burrito bowl with rice, beans, meat + veggies, salsa, lettuce and either cheese or sour cream (one or the other) usually comes out to 650-680 which is right about where I need my meals to be calorie wise.
    crab fries

I decided to step on the scale last week, figuring I wasn't far from my goal and was completely thrown for a loop when I saw the scale. I dropped the regimen I was doing and started doing Insanity: Asylum. I've dropped 5 pounds thus far and I am shooting for an additional 25 before Coachella. Considering how fucking hard this workout is and that I only get 2 rest days a month, I think I can hit that target easily. I am already starting to see slight results after just four workouts.

I've been working out everyday since Monday. I really just want to drop 10-15 lbs and gain overall endurance and strength. Tonight I went through one of my wife's "Bikini Body Mommy" workouts and it almost killed me. 3 sets of 20 pushups, tricep dips, burpies, squats, lunges, jump squats and 3 30 second planks with 10 seconds between each set. My thought was "These workouts are for postpartum out of shape moms, it will be great way to ease into working out." Boy was a wrong. I've been sitting in the same spot on the couch for last 3 hours because it hurts too bad to move.

So far I havent been quite as hardcore as last year, probably because I'm not as motivated by the lineup as years past, but I have been hitting the gym a lot in the last 3 weeks. I had slagged off all winter and gained more than I weighed last year, but I should be able to drop at least 10 more lbs by Weekend 1. Ive got my squats back up to 200 lbs, (3 sets of 5) not much to many but its the most Ive ever been able to do, and Im feeling a lot stronger already.

Good news: Started to get in gear this week by jogging/walking for about 1 1/2 miles.
    Bad News? it was only Monday-Wednesday, and I broke down and went to Buffalo Wild Wings
    Smooches. =)

Sorry for the double post. Dunno why that happened.
    Last edited by nyarlathotoats; 02-20-2014 at 11:39 PM. Reason: ?
    Smooches. =)

I've dropped 11 pounds in the past 3 weeks. Going to try to drop another 15 or so in the next 5 weeks. I am not sure how much more weight I will actually lose though, because -- on top of shedding the fat -- I am starting to gain a lot of muscle mass. I started doing Insanity: The Asylum and it's really harsh. Today is only my second rest day since I began.

I'm going to a bacon and beer festival this weekend to get plenty of protein and water . #beefcake
    Translation

Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    Still pretty serious about this.

Perfume Genius @ The Independent 10/21/14
    Moodymann @ PW 10/25/14
    Death From Above 1979 @ The Independent 11/17/14
    The Drive by Truckers, Sturgill Simpson @ The Fillmore 11/20/14
    Caribou @The Fillmore 03/01/14

Last.fm

Has anyone taken a Barre class? I have a Groupon and plan to start it next week.

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I'm going to a bacon and beer festival this weekend to get plenty of protein and water . #beefcake
    I want to go to a real bacon festival. They tried to hold one here and it was so poorly done I would never go back.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    I've dropped 11 pounds in the past 3 weeks. Going to try to drop another 15 or so in the next 5 weeks. I am not sure how much more weight I will actually lose though, because -- on top of shedding the fat -- I am starting to gain a lot of muscle mass. I started doing Insanity: The Asylum and it's really harsh. Today is only my second rest day since I began.
    Ditch the scale, grab a mirror. Weight can fluctuate a lot on a day to day basis, scales are a more accurate gauge of change if used on a weekly basis. Taking daily pictures of yourself is also not only great motivation, but a good way to see the long term change in your body without dealing with the "I see myself everyday" issue.
    crab fries

Quote Originally Posted by Kindoy View Post
    Ditch the scale, grab a mirror. Weight can fluctuate a lot on a day to day basis, scales are a more accurate gauge of change if used on a weekly basis. Taking daily pictures of yourself is also not only great motivation, but a good way to see the long term change in your body without dealing with the "I see myself everyday" issue.
    I have plenty of motivation as it is. I only weigh myself on Monday mornings after I exercise and poop. Last time I ditched the scale, I gained 40 pounds. Luckily, I have been able to build my strength up in that time, so I really only have to drop about 10-20 pounds of fat to get my body fat to an insanely low level.

I am trying to get where frazzles is at and I'll hopefully be there by Summer, but I want to be in great shape by Coachella too, so that's where the motivation comes from.

Quote Originally Posted by Kindoy View Post
    This is so true. I haven't lost any weight since my first initial 54Lbs.. But I have been taking pictures and have been seeing major changes in my body and size. Its also a great reminder of how far you have come.. ya know, for those days where you feel like you have not achieved anything.
    “Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death.” - Albert Einstein
    “Music is a safe kind of high" - Jimi Hendrix
    “Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence.” - Robert Fripp
    “Nothing separates the generations more than music. By the time a child is eight or nine, he has developed a passion for his own music that is even stronger than his passions for procrastination and weird clothes.” - Bill Cosby

This thread is wonderful. Keep up the great work, everyone! Sometimes it's about finding that missing puzzle piece for your routine. And everyone's missing piece is different. For me, that was introducing yoga and pilates (in addition to the traditional weights and cardio) nearly two years ago. I've gained so much strength and flexibility without bulking up too much and have never had a lower body fat percentage.

I recently started potty pushups. 25 every time you go to da potty. I also workout a lot - but this is a nice easy thing to do to keep things going when sitting at a desk all day.
    CHECK OUT HOW ME AND MY BORING FRIENDS EXPERIENCE COACHELLA!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7FL8IWFxMU

Quote Originally Posted by euphonicfiend View Post
    Its also a great reminder of how far you have come
    Meant motivation with dual meaning, this way as well. Sometimes seeing that what you're doing is working is really reassuring and motivating.
    crab fries

So jealous at everyone running through the city today.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Must be hot over that way? Nice down here by the beach.
    crab fries

Down 5 lbs! 7 more to my goal, doable in 5 weeks if I keep up!
    Thankful to have some spare time now that my schedule us starting to clear up again.
    MEANS MORE GYM TIME FOR ME! YUSSSSSS!

I need to have nice abs, so that I can send Kvnty a picture!
    Quote Originally Posted by alpha_q_up View Post
    a cunt punt is always the best solution to cure someone of their bitchassness
    Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    Gay is the answer to everything.