Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Fitchella 2014 IT'S GO TIME!!!!

Default Re: Fitchella 2014 IT'S GO TIME!!!!

Tonight, I felt better running than ever. I dropped my daughter off for her first tennis lesson at 6 and ran until the lesson was over at 7 wishing I could keep going. Each week, with a night of tennis and one with soccer practice, gigantic lit parks have been perfect to log the miles after dark. More of a goal, than a resolution, but signing the family up for one 5K per month this year really has been great motivation. And I see 10Ks or half's in the near future. Since December, the four of us have combined for 92 miles.

Still doing well on the food front. I'm totally addicted to salads (1-2 every day) and I could care less whether they are the healthiest or not, they are still way better than alternatives. Still no drinking work-nights, which continues to lead to healthy breakfasts and no mid-morning cravings. At work, I just drink water and when I'm craving taste, black coffee has been filling the void.

I'm still ~10 lbs away from my college weight, but getting there. Here's to hoping that being under 40 is more obvious and less revelation by April 11!

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Back down 5. Hoping to be down 60 total from last April by this April but traveling so much for work is NOT making it easy. Too much shitty food in airports and hotels.
    Wow, this is good to hear. Keep cranking.
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

nice work! i really wish i could run. i hit a rough patch for a week, but have been pretty good overall. recently i hiked this steep trail near my house for the first time in a long while without stopping.

i find canned seltzer water helps break up the monotony of regular water, but i am probably in the minority there. i wish i could keep myself eating salads. i do it for awhile then give up. probably because i live alone and a big box of mixed greens goes to waste pretty quick.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Kylie mentioned these on facebook today.

Bluapple Ethylene Gas Absorbers Plus Year Supply of Refills - Refrigerator Fruit & Vegetable Preserver - Blue Apple - Keep Produce Fresh

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846

I know my goals have been a bit different than most, but here's about a year's worth of progress (I think...anyways).

Late 2012? Early 2013?

Mid 2013

3-4 weeks ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Blowjobs are the best when your pubes are moist with tears
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    I got really good grades in school, but I suck at life.

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post

Bluapple Ethylene Gas Absorbers Plus Year Supply of Refills - Refrigerator Fruit & Vegetable Preserver - Blue Apple - Keep Produce Fresh

Totally getting those. I wonder how they work with containers of mixed greens (like Ivy mentioned).
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

agreed - thanks for sharing, faxman

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

wow, nice work, frazz! i will look into the absorbers
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

I'm just glad Faxy wasn't sharing the other type of Bluapple Ethylene Gas Absorbers with us.

Nice work Frazzles! I can really see your gains! You have made amazing progress. Your goals may be different, but it still takes strength and serious dedication, just in a different tune!

Today I hit my fastest time doing my hill.. ever - 29 mins. I know that doesn't seem that fast for a 2 mile run, but my hill is a 1mile STEEP incline down, I ran the whole time, didn't stop even up the hill ( usually stop and power walk up). I feel really good about that. It usually takes me 35mins.
    “Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death.” - Albert Einstein
    “Music is a safe kind of high" - Jimi Hendrix
    “Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence.” - Robert Fripp
    “Nothing separates the generations more than music. By the time a child is eight or nine, he has developed a passion for his own music that is even stronger than his passions for procrastination and weird clothes.” - Bill Cosby

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

I've used it before and it works great. I mostly use it with strawberries and it usually gives me an extra week before they start to get mushy and moldy.
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 5 - Seth Troxler
    September 9 - Black Vice
    September 11 - Earthless
    September 14 - Lily Allen
    September 16 - Earth
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    September 23 - Andy Stott
    October 2 - Beck
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Festival
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 15 - Primus
    November 18 - Slayer

Well I am back on track. I tested out T25 periodically over the previous two weeks and this week I have begun the program and started following the calendar. By the time Coachella rolls around, I'll be in the middle of the third month and hopefully down about 15 more pounds. I already dropped 5 during my trial run with this program. I am going to add weights into the mix in the coming weeks.

Once I finish T25, I am going to finally delve into p90x. I need to get back into the shape I was in 3 years ago.
    Last edited by GuyInTucson; 01-29-2014 at 09:51 AM.
    10/8 - Little Dragon @ Marquee (Tempe, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

Nice to hear about everyones progress and moving along. Damn Alex, that's some great progress!

I've doing good. It was just seven days ago I got home from my 1.3 mile walk home from work and was frustrated with the pain. Shin splints, lower back stiffness and pain and my feet were downright numb. All from a simple walk. It was very difficult. I continued walking and for the past five days I have walked five ore more miles every single day. It's not all at once but about a mile or so at a time throughout the day. I live about a mile and a quarter from a concert venue and didn't accept a ride home last night because I wanted to walk. The last few nights i've had things to do that were all just over a mile away and I walked to them. I like my neighborhood and the nearbye neighborhoods. I'm also one mile from the light rail so at night instead of just vegging out in front of a tv or computer completely bored i'm starting to look for places to go. School just started back up and all my courses are online so I will start walking to the coffee shop to plug in as much as possible.

My eating has also been good. Saturday I took Connor (for those of you who don't know that's my son) who is 15 down to ASU in the eveing just to walk around campus and give him a feel for what it looks like. We walked for 2 miles not including the walk to and from the light rail. We had dinner at a restaurant and I had a grilled shrimp/salmon salad. Last night before the concert I had another salmon salad. Breakfast is usually either a cup of fruit or eggs and bacon. I prepared lunch for the week on Sunday so it's been steak and green beans. My veggies were alway dying fast so i'm purchasing the above blue apple that I shared in the amazon link. I drank some booze last Friday and was drinking once or twice a week but i'm gonna make that less frequent too. The important thing right now is that I feel good and not discouraged or like these changes are a chore.

So there's this new awesome diet called the Sundance Film Fest diet where you work for 14 hours every day and eat nothing but the fruit you stole and drink nothing but zipfizz water and grey goose cocktails with annoying movie names. I lost 8 lbs in one week. I'm afraid to eat now.

Quote Originally Posted by euphonicfiend View Post
    Nice work Frazzles! I can really see your gains! You have made amazing progress. Your goals may be different, but it still takes strength and serious dedication, just in a different tune!

Today I hit my fastest time doing my hill.. ever - 29 mins. I know that doesn't seem that fast for a 2 mile run, but my hill is a 1mile STEEP incline down, I ran the whole time, didn't stop even up the hill ( usually stop and power walk up). I feel really good about that. It usually takes me 35mins.
    That is really awesome!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    They say manners are the thread of society. I spent the weekend with a bunch of monkeys who eat spaghetti with their feet, and are proud of it.

I'm going to give those a try! I usually buy my fruits and veggies in large quantities and end up putting a good portion in my compost bin
    They say manners are the thread of society. I spent the weekend with a bunch of monkeys who eat spaghetti with their feet, and are proud of it.

Okay, so I have been trying to watch what I eat again and so far its just like all the others times I try doing so: bumps and overpowering temptations in the beginning, but always progressing. With that in mind, a friend and I are going to the movies this afternoon and I know that buttered popcorn is gonna call my name. Glad to hear everyone else in on the right track. Frazz....damn....
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Smooches. =)

Have something to eat before you go to the movies. Maybe bring a healthy snack in your pocket and a bottle of water or something.

trying to get back to exercising now that my hours aren't as long. Just walked our lot with an added ten pounds. 1.15 miles. going to try to keep this up, but I know as it gets warm, this will no longer be an option at work.

Quote Originally Posted by djbionik View Post
    So there's this new awesome diet called the Sundance Film Fest diet where you work for 14 hours every day and eat nothing but the fruit you stole and drink nothing but zipfizz water and grey goose cocktails with annoying movie names. I lost 8 lbs in one week. I'm afraid to eat now.
    ahahahahahahahahahaha!!

I am starting to see progress in my second week of T25. I am not weighing myself or taking measurements this time around. But I am keeping tracking how much more of my belt I can use every week. I've moved one notch in two weeks. I need to fit back into my 32" waist jeans by Coachella without losing my arms or chest. In fact, I'd like to bulk up both areas.

Your chest was pretty bulked last year from what I remember, at least in comparison to your legs.

8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/11: Tomas Barfod @ The Rickshaw Stop
    9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Never skip leg day.

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Your chest was pretty bulked last year from what I remember, at least in comparison to your legs.
    I gained some weight after Coachella last year and developed a slight case of man tits. Well they have since disappeared but so did the muscle. Not sure what legs you saw, though. My legs look stubby at times. Their like fucking tree trunks.

Frazzles,
    1) you look mighty fantastic, man. Those arms are killer!
    2) How many bathrooms do you have?

No smokes for over a month. Using that nutria-bullet for drinks before work and after after-dinner walks. It's really curbed my appetite to the point that I'm only eating meat once a week. I’ve been using spinach, blueberries, strawberries, pears, apples, and bananas. Less puffy and my butt is moving product like a pasta machine.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Nice work, everybody.

Back to running 15 -20 miles a week, spinning 2x/week (despite the godawful top 40 mixes) and doing the 30 day plank thing with my wife.

https://www.facebook.com/30DayPlankChallenge

Looking to drop 15 lbs before mid-April and a third of the way there. Can't sign up as a "Clydesdale" in the upcoming road races and that's a good thing.

The hardest thing is the alcohol-free weeknights pledge. We're substituting wine with San Pellegrino and Polar flavored seltzer and going through cases.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    Well I am back on track. I tested out T25 periodically over the previous two weeks and this week I have begun the program and started following the calendar. By the time Coachella rolls around, I'll be in the middle of the third month and hopefully down about 15 more pounds. I already dropped 5 during my trial run with this program. I am going to add weights into the mix in the coming weeks.

Once I finish T25, I am going to finally delve into p90x. I need to get back into the shape I was in 3 years ago.
    you may not drop many more pounds (if any) if you're adding weights.
    Quote Originally Posted by fakekvnty View Post
    All you ladybois want inside this pink slip
    Quote Originally Posted by fakekvnty View Post
    You bitchez will all CUM-ba-ya when y'all see my pee-shooter.
    Follow kvn†y on instagram :: "Lorde is my shepherd. I shall not want."

Wow can't believe I'm just now seeing this thread. Anyways, I just started my cut (diet) on Feb 1st. I think it took all the genius in me to decide to start the day before the Super Bowl… might post some pictures when the product is finished! Great to see the fitfam on here, good luck everyone

*disclaimer: bro talk below

For those that care: I'm at 6'2", 215 planning on getting down to a lean 205ish. Macro split is at about 30/45/25 P/C/F, plus or minus 5% from day to day. Taking in about 2,500-2,600 calories a day, cardio 3-4 times a week - lifting 5 days a week. Anyone else cutting?
    crab fries

I have committed to using the George St. Pierre Rushfit Strength & Endurance exercise DVD and I have to say, I loving this. Lot of isometric exercise. Never been a big workout person before, but after every session, I feel pretty euphoric. Can't say I have any exact goals, other than to be in shape.

Any dietary considerations I should keep in mind for this?
    Coachellas attended: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 (W1), 2013 (W1)

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Theme night listing:

Thursday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Friday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Saturday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Sunday Night: Boo, I have to go back to my parent's house!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    The level of sheer laziness and pure speculation and confusion about very easily found and well-known things that this board has gotten to is truly confounding.

Quote Originally Posted by tyles View Post
    I have committed to using the George St. Pierre Rushfit Strength & Endurance exercise DVD and I have to say, I loving this. Lot of isometric exercise. Never been a big workout person before, but after every session, I feel pretty euphoric. Can't say I have any exact goals, other than to be in shape.

Any dietary considerations I should keep in mind for this?
    Considerations for looks or performance or both? If staying in shape is your main goal then just keeping a relatively clean, well balanced diet is really the only concern you need to have. I'd definitely eat a decent meal before working out and one whenever you can after it. If looks were a goal then you could get into counting calories and such but for many people it's not that serious.
    crab fries

Quote Originally Posted by frazzles View Post
    I know my goals have been a bit different than most, but here's about a year's worth of progress (I think...anyways).

Late 2012? Early 2013?

Mid 2013

3-4 weeks ago
    I knew that Japanese radiation would finally fuck with you. It's made you into a monster!
    Don't ever use Paul's name again in a posting. YOU GOT THAT YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER? Paul was making his bones in the business back when you were just cum in your mother's ear.