Thread: UK - Coachella Weekend 1 - 2014

Lurker

Question UK - Coachella Weekend 1 - 2014

Hey,
    So how many people are travelling out of the UK for Weekend 1?
    1st timer here so looking for any tips i can get my hands on. Heading out from North East England. Going to be spending to be heading out on 10th April and then travelling back to LA for the following 7 days. Not really sure where the heck to start.....any help appreciated.
    Thanks

Default Re: UK - Coachella Weekend 1 - 2014

sweet font color

People talking about coachella like its happening tomorrow really makes me depressed because I know in reality that it's not.

i've already started putting my camping checklist together.

Lurker

Gotta get an early start with saving & visiting places I ain't ever been to.

Do an Advanced Search for "tips" or "checklists," or just browse through the questions forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Go fuck yourself

Wear knickers. It's not Sunderland.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

Do you have any UK festival experience? If so, be prepared for something a lot more organised and sanitised! I'm a Leeds regular and have also been to Glastonbury and Download, but Coachella '13 was a totally different world (no queue at entrance, laid-back security, and stages laid out in straight lines, for starters!)

My main advice would be sunblock, and lots of it - the heat is far more intense than anything you'll be used to in the North-East. Also, have a few empty plastic bottles in your bag, so you can fill them at the water points and not have to make constant trips back and forward (that's the 1 place where queues really ARE big!) I'd also recommend listening to as many acts as possible in advance and planning at least some of who you want to see, so you're not left kicking yourself later on, when you fall in love with a band you didn't bother checking out at the time.

Apart from that, just go with the flow and you'll have a great time, and my fiancée and I will be in area at pretty much same time as you if you're looking for people to see the sights with - she lives in Cali and I'll be relocating in 18 months or so, and we'd be happy to hang out during and after festival

I recommend comfortable shoes, lightweight clothing during the day, long sleeve clothes for the night, and sunscreen. Don't let a sunburn ruin your vacation. Also stay hydrated.

Save your energy the first day. Don't tire yourself out by trying to do and see everything on Friday. Exhausting yourself the first day can exhaust you for the last 2 days. The heat can be pretty bad during the day. Indio is in a desert climate. This means that while it can get hot during the day it can get cold at night.

It may not be popular but I recommend earplugs. Three days of loud music is not great for your hearing. Etymotic make great affordable earplugs that allow you still hear everything, just at a lower volume.

A lot of Coachella bands play in the Los Angeles area between Weekend 1 and 2. So you may want to consider going to some of those show while spending time in LA. That will free you up to see other bands at Coachella. You will have conflicts. Goldenvoice books so many good bands that two, or three, bands that you want to see WILL be playing at the same time. I recommend going in with some plan of who you want to see. It has helped me make the most out of my Coachellas.

Crisco, Playtex living gloves and extra penicillin.
    Quote Originally Posted by fakekvnty View Post
    All you ladybois want inside this pink slip
    Quote Originally Posted by fakekvnty View Post
    You bitchez will all CUM-ba-ya when y'all see my pee-shooter.
    "I'm a thief and a shitkicker, and I wanna be famous."
    - D. Davenport