Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Travel from LAX to Palm Springs

Lurker

Default Re: Travel from LAX to Palm Springs

Quote Originally Posted by TheImportance View Post
    You can catch an airport shuttle to Union Station and then ride the Pacific Surfliner (Amtrak) to Fullerton and then catch an Amtrak bus to Palm Springs. Its a pain in the ass, but its pretty cheap.
    Heya, to the person who shared this bit of info - is it the clusterf..k travelling this way and particularly getting on an Amtrak bus at Fullerton as it is on the Thursday and Friday getting on a Greyhound out of LA to Indio?

I ask because I'm thinking of doing it this way in 2014, as the previous two times I've come over I've flown in and out of Palm Springs airport, and this time I'm thinking I actually wouldn't mind being a bit more of a tourist and seeing a bit more of the desert on the way in. Thanks.
    Ale, Ale, AleAleAle,
    Allesandro....Del Piero,
    He's Sydney's number 10

Where the sky's blue SYDNEY!

Default Re: Travel from LAX to Palm Springs

Quote Originally Posted by SydneyCeltic View Post
    Heya, to the person who shared this bit of info - is it the clusterf..k travelling this way and particularly getting on an Amtrak bus at Fullerton as it is on the Thursday and Friday getting on a Greyhound out of LA to Indio?

I ask because I'm thinking of doing it this way in 2014, as the previous two times I've come over I've flown in and out of Palm Springs airport, and this time I'm thinking I actually wouldn't mind being a bit more of a tourist and seeing a bit more of the desert on the way in. Thanks.
    Never caught the Greyhound, but I had no problem with Amtrak. As far as I know, Fullerton is the first stop for the Amtrak bus and your seat is reserved. You'll need a way to get to the grounds from the Palm Springs airport, but I didn't have any trouble. The Fullerton bus came maybe an hour late, but that was the only hold up. If you're interested in the scenery, I enjoyed it!