Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 99

Thread: Who would you like to see in 2014?!

  1. #61

    Default Re: Who would you like to see in 2014?!

    SOULJA BOY AND LIL B #BASED

  2. #62
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    134

    Default Re: Who would you like to see in 2014?!

    The Rakes reunion

  3. #63
    Member boyalien0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    1,917

    Default Re: Who would you like to see in 2014?!

    I want Majical Cloudz to have a midnight set in my tent.

  4. #64
    old school SepaGroove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    3,219

    Default Re: Who would you like to see in 2014?!

    I'll blow some majical clouds into your tent at midnight.

  5. #65

    Default Re: Who would you like to see in 2014?!

    WALK THE MOON
    Empire of the Sun

    Great bands!!!

  6. #66

    Default Re: Who would you like to see in 2014?!

    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    I'll blow some majical clouds into your tent at midnight.
    you win

  7. #67

    Default Re: Who would you like to see in 2014?!

    Deftones, Eminem, and some more DnB DJs like Crissy Criss, Metrik, Fred V & Graffix, and Wildlife Collective would be illll son lol and how about some comedians in this bitch?

  8. #68
    Member IlliniQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Santa Clarita, CA
    Posts
    641

    Default Re: Who would you like to see in 2014?!

    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Talking Heads
    the Replacements
    Tom Waits
    Elvis Costello
    Patti Smith
    Titus Andronicus
    Bob Mould
    OFF!
    Fucked Up
    The National
    Riverboat Gamblers
    Lightning Bolt
    Mountain Goats
    Liars
    Why?
    Toots & the Maytals
    the English Beat (the real thing not Dave Wakeling's imitation)
    Jonathan Richman
    Fantastic List Tom, only ones here I don't totally agree with are Titus, Lightning Bolt, and OFF!, and only because they would be return performers who all played recently and whom I caught in full last time they played...Saw The National in '08 as well but I want to see them get the little guy third headlining slot for 2014.

    To your list I would add

    White Denim
    Allo' Darlin
    Eels
    Anais Mitchell
    Sharon Van Etten
    Joanna Newsome
    Sufjan Stevens
    Fuck Buttons
    The Men
    Sunset Rubdown.
    Charles Bradley
    Swans
    Patty Griffin
    The Tallest Man On Earth
    Four Tet - in a bigger tent
    M83
    Los Campesinos
    Explosions In The Sky
    Godspeed You Black Emporer
    DJ Shadow
    Wilco
    Flaming Lips
    Daft Punk
    NIN
    REM
    Dr. John
    Charlatans UK
    Living Colour
    Roxy Music or Brian Eno solo
    John Cale
    Faust
    Mikal Cronin
    Phosphorescent
    Bob Dylan
    Ian Hunter or Mott The Hoople
    John Fogerty
    Parquet Courts
    Autre De Neut
    John Grant
    Neil Young
    Frightened Rabbits
    Bruce Springsteen
    Stevie Wonder

    Realize I've got about 9 or 10 headliners in there...any three would be fantastic...and counter to the young ens on this board, hope he loads up 2014 with old timers - as Lou Reed showed us this weekend, and Gil Scott Heron did in 2010...time is running out for a lot of these classic artists...much rather have a oldster heavy lineup in 2014 than an lineup overrun with repeat acts. Had 37 repeats in 2013...cut that by a third to 24 and give those 13 open slots to old timers in 2014.
    The Replacements - Bryan Ferry - Outkast - The Knife - Dum Dum Girls - Jon Spencer Blues Explosion - Broken Bells - Haim - Neko Case - Jagwar Ma - Goat - Waxahatchee

    Queens Of The Stone Age - Pet Shop Boys - Chvrches - Mogwai - Warpaint - Washed Out - Future Islands - Ty Seagall - Darkside - Foxygen

    Beck - Neutral Milk Hotel - Superchunk - Arcade Fire - Bombino - Daughter - Surfer Blood

  9. #69
    Lurker
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Woodbridge, UK
    Posts
    15

    Default Re: Who would you like to see in 2014?!

    Quote Originally Posted by brukftw View Post
    yeah, and they broke up in what like 2006 or 2007? i mean people who currently make music
    You're a troll right?

    This Jurassic5 that broke up. Are they a different Jurassic5 to the Jurassic5 who played this year. Or did I hallucinate a complete, and excellent, set?
    23 Jan 13 - The Joy Formidable
    26 Mar 13 - Eels
    19-21 Apr 13 - Coachella 2
    25 May 13 - Muse
    18-21 July 13 - Latitude
    28 Nov 13 - Sigur Rós

  10. #70
    Member Larry Farnsworth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    The Nutmeg State.
    Posts
    630

    Default Re: Who would you like to see in 2014?!

    Quote Originally Posted by brukftw View Post
    not saying it needs to be super star studded with like wiz, mac miller, and every other popular rapper, but at least some that have a buzz
    Both of these rappers are completely terrible and you should feel ashamed for liking them. Unless you're like 13 in which I guess it's okay. Otherwise, toss yourself into oncoming traffic.

  11. #71
    Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    nomad's land
    Posts
    9,999

    Default Re: Who would you like to see in 2014?!

    Quote Originally Posted by IlliniQ View Post
    Fantastic List Tom, only ones here I don't totally agree with are Titus, Lightning Bolt, and OFF!, and only because they would be return performers who all played recently and whom I caught in full last time they played...Saw The National in '08 as well but I want to see them get the little guy third headlining slot for 2014.

    To your list I would add

    White Denim
    Allo' Darlin
    Eels
    Anais Mitchell
    Sharon Van Etten
    Joanna Newsome
    Sufjan Stevens
    Fuck Buttons
    The Men
    Sunset Rubdown.
    Charles Bradley
    Swans
    Patty Griffin
    The Tallest Man On Earth
    Four Tet - in a bigger tent
    M83
    Los Campesinos
    Explosions In The Sky
    Godspeed You Black Emporer
    DJ Shadow
    Wilco
    Flaming Lips
    Daft Punk
    NIN
    REM
    Dr. John
    Charlatans UK
    Living Colour
    Roxy Music or Brian Eno solo
    John Cale
    Faust
    Mikal Cronin
    Phosphorescent
    Bob Dylan
    Ian Hunter or Mott The Hoople
    John Fogerty
    Parquet Courts
    Autre De Neut
    John Grant
    Neil Young
    Frightened Rabbits
    Bruce Springsteen
    Stevie Wonder

    Realize I've got about 9 or 10 headliners in there...any three would be fantastic...and counter to the young ens on this board, hope he loads up 2014 with old timers - as Lou Reed showed us this weekend, and Gil Scott Heron did in 2010...time is running out for a lot of these classic artists...much rather have a oldster heavy lineup in 2014 than an lineup overrun with repeat acts. Had 37 repeats in 2013...cut that by a third to 24 and give those 13 open slots to old timers in 2014.
    You also have approximately 15 repeats. Maybe you could cut a third of them and give those slots to old timers.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

  12. #72

    Default Re: Who would you like to see in 2014?!

    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Farnsworth View Post
    Both of these rappers are completely terrible and you should feel ashamed for liking them. Unless you're like 13 in which I guess it's okay. Otherwise, toss yourself into oncoming traffic.
    i didnt say whether or not i liked them, just pointing out the fact that they are superstars. besides, music is so opinionated, whos to say one artist is "better" than another? its just a matter of who you like more. there are plenty of rappers that i like more than mac and wiz, but i dont think they are terrible. and i'm 18, before you ask again

  13. #73

    Default Re: Who would you like to see in 2014?!

    Weezer!!!

  14. #74

    Default Re: Who would you like to see in 2014?!

    what was their last song and when did it come out?

  15. #75
    Stage Manager captncrzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    TBD
    Posts
    19,955

    Default Re: Who would you like to see in 2014?!

    Why are you all so awful and stupid?
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

  16. #76
    Member Larry Farnsworth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    The Nutmeg State.
    Posts
    630

    Default Re: Who would you like to see in 2014?!

    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Why are you all so awful and stupid?
    Quote Originally Posted by brukftw View Post
    and i'm 18, before you ask again
    Answered.

  17. #77
    Member Baby Sandwich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Surf City, USA
    Posts
    335

    Default Re: Who would you like to see in 2014?!

    I'm kinda scared a gay fish is going to end up headlining again.

    I just sort of have that gay fish feeling... what with gay fish being in the news all of the time about his gay fish new album.

  18. #78
    Member Larry Farnsworth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    The Nutmeg State.
    Posts
    630

    Default Re: Who would you like to see in 2014?!

    Quote Originally Posted by Baby Sandwich View Post
    I'm kinda scared a gay fish is going to end up headlining again.

    I just sort of have that gay fish feeling... what with gay fish being in the news all of the time about his gay fish new album.
    That joke is still so funny. I mean it, not even remotely lame 5 years later. You must be the comedy hit of your homeroom.

  19. #79
    old school
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,115

    Default Re: Who would you like to see in 2014?!

    Siouxie Sioux is doing a very rare show in London in about 2 weeks. A good 5 years since she last played anywhere.

  20. #80
    Member SPX_clothing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    San Clemente, CA
    Posts
    285

    Default Re: Who would you like to see in 2014?!

    YOU DICK!
    Quote Originally Posted by baily View Post
    Pearl Jam

    Tool / Nine Inch Nails

    Dave Mathews Band

    The Who
    Coachella 99' 01',02',03',04',05',06',07',08',09',10',11',12',13 ' and counting!!!

    SPX clothing
    "We ride skis."


    www.skipunx.com
    www.facebook.com/SPX.clothing
    www.myspace.com/spxclothing

  21. #81
    Member Baby Sandwich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Surf City, USA
    Posts
    335

    Default Re: Who would you like to see in 2014?!

    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Farnsworth View Post
    That joke is still so funny. I mean it, not even remotely lame 5 years later. You must be the comedy hit of your homeroom.
    I think it's older than 5 years.

    And what the fuck is a homeroom?

  22. #82

    Default Re: Who would you like to see in 2014?!

    Alright:

    Outkast
    NIN
    George Clinton in some kind of fashion
    Future
    Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
    Schoolboy Q
    Juicy J
    Electric Six
    Freddie Gibbs
    Ghostland Observatory
    How To Dress Well (performance one day, DJ set another)
    Future
    Venice Dawn
    Flatbush Zombies
    Of Montreal
    N.E.R.D.
    Bring Sigur Ros back and put them on the main stage.
    Future
    FUTURE
    FUTURE
    FUTURE

  23. #83
    Member VOLVOX17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Posts
    490

    Default Re: Who would you like to see in 2014?!

    Quote Originally Posted by Baby Sandwich View Post
    I think it's older than 5 years.

    And what the fuck is a homeroom?
    is that the Taco Mesa dude? chicken nachos and watermelon water..,.,.. yum

  24. #84
    Member Baby Sandwich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Surf City, USA
    Posts
    335

    Default Re: Who would you like to see in 2014?!

    Quote Originally Posted by VOLVOX17 View Post
    is that the Taco Mesa dude? chicken nachos and watermelon water..,.,.. yum
    Alberto's

  25. #85
    Member chaz86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ventura, CA
    Posts
    154

    Default Re: Who would you like to see in 2014?!

    I'd love to see Ghostland Observatory again. Amazing set in 09

  26. #86

    Default Re: Who would you like to see in 2014?!

    i dont see how being 18 makes someone terrible. were you not 18 once? i only even said i was 18 because i was referred to as a "stupid 13 year old"

  27. #87
    Member Larry Farnsworth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    The Nutmeg State.
    Posts
    630

    Default Re: Who would you like to see in 2014?!

    Quote Originally Posted by brukftw View Post
    i dont see how being 18 makes someone terrible. were you not 18 once? i only even said i was 18 because i was referred to as a "stupid 13 year old"
    Yes, and when I was 18 I was awful and stupid. It's not a personal thing, people in general from ages 15-22 are pretty horrible human beings.

  28. #88

    Default Re: Who would you like to see in 2014?!

    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Farnsworth View Post
    Yes, and when I was 18 I was awful and stupid. It's not a personal thing, people in general from ages 15-22 are pretty horrible human beings.
    so 14 and under are cool then

  29. #89

    Default Re: Who would you like to see in 2014?!

    haha kidding. i understand your claim, but i think its just more of an opinion

  30. #90
    Lurker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    33

    Default Re: Who would you like to see in 2014?!

    A reformed Oasis (the Andy, Gem and Zac era) would be nice
    If not, Beady Eye will do.

    Otherwise..

    Bowie,
    Manic Street Preachers,
    The Vines (if Craig is healthy again),
    MBV
    JAMC
    BRMC
    Chelsea Light Moving
    Brian Jonestown Massacre
    Beaches
    Rancid (or Op Ivy)
    Fugazi
    Ale, Ale, AleAleAle,
    Allesandro....Del Piero,
    He's Sydney's number 10

    Where the sky's blue SYDNEY!

Similar Threads

  1. Possible 2014 headliner?
    By darklands in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-26-2013, 02:25 PM
  2. U2 2014?
    By b.bornhop in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 93
    Last Post: 11-20-2013, 02:37 PM
  3. Will Smith 2014
    By Sid Bert in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 06-07-2013, 09:57 AM
  4. 2014
    By caserules81 in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-15-2013, 12:31 PM
  5. 2014
    By nessa96 in forum Questions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-17-2013, 09:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •