Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: To the whiners: Tickets to both weekends available -- no waiting.

Default Re: To the whiners: Tickets to both weekends available -- no waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    The desperate search for alternate explanations by the true believers for the massive demand drop this year is some high fucking comedy.

It's pretty fucking simple and sitting in front of your noses if you care to look: The shit headliners in 2013 destroyed confidence in the ability of GV to maintain (or increase) the value of presale tickets. The investment that had in years past been guaranteed gold turned into shit, and the investors who previously bought blind on the belief that lineups were bulletproof are now going to force GV to deliver upfront before they commit.

But at least a few hundred balding Britpop fans got to see Ian Brown hobble around the stage mumbling and shaking his stick, so it was clearly worth the lost revenue and reputation hit for GV.

At this point it would be better for GV to post a "2014 PRESALE SOLD OUT" lie on the home page and hope the lineup in January pulls in a flood of buyers rather than continue this ongoing embarrassment they brought upon themselves.
    You're so cute.

Just out of curiosity, what totes awesomez headliners did they fail to land which, as far as you are aware, were an actual possibility to play two weekends in April?
    Quote Originally Posted by baily View Post
    Eat a dick on that or did I make too much sense for your mind to take

You know, Larry, that they had the opportunity to get the Rolling Stones but opted for Blur & Stone Roses instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    It's like finding out an old high school buddy is on meth, and you're not sure if any of the rumors of him giving handies behind Burger King are true but they very likely could be.

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

didn't the 2011 presale last a week? i think 2012 and 2013 were the only instant sellouts.
    September 16 - Earth
    September 18 - DJ Shadow & Cut Chemist
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    September 23 - Andy Stott
    October 2 - Beck
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Festival
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 18 - Slayer

After seeing the Rolling Stones I'm kind of glad they weren't at Coachella.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

Looks like GA by itself for weekend 1 is gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Farnsworth View Post
    You're so cute.

Just out of curiosity, what totes awesomez headliners did they fail to land which, as far as you are aware, were an actual possibility to play two weekends in April?
    Jagger & friends

Pearl Jam had time off and were doing some shows

75 minutes of Nick Cave into Neil Young & Crazy Horse woud have melted my face off. GV have been trying to land Neil for awhile but chose RHCP because...I honestly don't know why unless it was an easy to guarantee a sell out to their stupid fans.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    Looks like GA by itself for weekend 1 is gone.
    I'm still pulling GA/shuttle for W1.

Looks like weekend one is shut down-except for packages.
    For all intensive porpoises presale finally sold out

And Weekend 2

Advance Sale for Coachella 2014 is now closed.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Pretty sure it wasn't.
    Since going to two weekends, the wording has changed slightly but has always suggested there may be nothing left for the general on-sale.
    Quote Originally Posted by thesg View Post
    Can you please stop talking about monklish?
    You've been a member since 2007 and have almost 18,000 posts, you should know better.

This thread needs a Wendy Whiner gif.

My sister and I got our passes...so I am happy
    Life Is Beautiful Festival, Las Vegas 2013
    First time at Coachella will be April 2014!

Whoops, I forgot to buy weekend 2. Oh well, I will just grab it at below market value, about 2 weeks before it takes place.
    Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Archie Bunker View Post
    Whoops, I forgot to buy weekend 2. Oh well, I will just grab it at below market value, about 2 weeks before it takes place.
    unless they get Daft Punk on the bill next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Archie Bunker View Post
    Or you'll pay above market value.

We shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    Or you'll pay above market value.

We shall see.
    False dichotomy. He could end up paying face value.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    Jesus fucking Christ, who the hell is this Godspeed asshole?

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

the reminds me of the old adage ''Anything is Possible''.

i believe a few around here know what i mean when i say that.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Demand for Coachella and Stagecoach hit all time lows

Stagecoach for the first time didn't sell out and didn't even come close to selling out. People were not impressed with the lineup and those I talked to were not happy about the bands they saw. I personally had 12 friends that have gone every year and all but 2 said no. There was no demand for late tickets...

Coachella presale shows a similar story. There are so many festivals with great lineups that Coachella bit the 'big one' last year with the headliners. Say what you will, but if GV and crew don't bump it up they are gonna have a dying fest at their feet.

Don't expect Coachella to sell out this year. Scalpers purchased thousands of seats for resale and they are out of the Coachella market...which is a good thing, but it will prove costly to the bottom line for GV.

I'll be very interested to see how they respond with next years lineups.

Wonder what dip shit got a hard on for the Stone Roses and found out only he and 5 friends had the same hard on for em.?.

Phoenix - could fucking care less
    Blur - good sub headline band
    Stone Roses - wouldn't see em if they were playing free in the local bar
    RHCP - solid headliner
    Last edited by baily; 05-28-2013 at 09:34 AM.
    Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this…and totally redeem yourself!
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    she should get an abortion then go to chella
    Quote Originally Posted by Bougie24 View Post
    You people are disgusting for posting this shit on my thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Look up your moms skirt when she is dancing

Quote Originally Posted by heart cooks brain View Post
    the reminds me of the old adage ''Anything is Possible''.

i believe a few around here know what i mean when i say that.
    coachella will never sell out!
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Coachella has jumped the land shark...everyone move along...there's nothing to see here.
    Youth, you son of a bitch, where did you go?

Quote Originally Posted by Emma Ocean View Post
    so I assume you've never been cunt punched at a festival? Well lucky you!

Quote Originally Posted by baily View Post
    Demand for Coachella and Stagecoach hit all time lows

Stagecoach for the first time didn't sell out and didn't even come close to selling out. People were not impressed with the lineup and those I talked to were not happy about the bands they saw. I personally had 12 friends that have gone every year and all but 2 said no. There was no demand for late tickets...

Coachella presale shows a similar story. There are so many festivals with great lineups that Coachella bit the 'big one' last year with the headliners. Say what you will, but if GV and crew don't bump it up they are gonna have a dying fest at their feet.

Don't expect Coachella to sell out this year. Scalpers purchased thousands of seats for resale and they are out of the Coachella market...which is a good thing, but it will prove costly to the bottom line for GV.

I'll be very interested to see how they respond with next years lineups.

Wonder what dip shit got a hard on for the Stone Roses and found out only he and 5 friends had the same hard on for em.?.

Phoenix - could fucking care less
    Blur - good sub headline band
    Stone Roses - wouldn't see em if they were playing free in the local bar
    RHCP - solid headliner
    Who gives a shit about Stagecoach?

And until people show some sort of numbers backing up the claim that the presale didn't sell as many tickets, I'm not buying it. It's just as likely that they released more tickets in the presale after seeing how quickly they sold the past two years. For all we know, they sold more tickets in the presale.

Also, Baily, you just requested the Dave Matthews Band for next year, so your opinions on music are about as valuable as your opinions on anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheddar's Cousin View Post
    Coachella has jumped the land shark...everyone move along...there's nothing to see here.
    I can't wait until DP actually gets added to the lineup. It will be a different story around these parts.

And until people show some sort of numbers backing up the claim that the presale didn't sell as many tickets, I'm not buying it. It's just as likely that they released more tickets in the presale after seeing how quickly they sold the past two years. For all we know, they sold more tickets in the presale.

Also, Baily, you just requested the Dave Matthews Band for next year, so your opinions on music are about as valuable as your opinions on anything else.
    +1. DMB should just go STRAIGHT to hell.

Larry, they stopped selling them after two days because of embarrassment over how poorly they were selling (and also because of residual embarrassment over the Stone Roses having headlined in 2013).

That's certainly a more logical inference to draw than the idea that they stopped selling after two days because they successfully sold out of a predetermined allotment.
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

In baily's world, multibillion dollar corporations make decisions the exact same way a 15 year old girl would.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

#whocares

you're arguing with baily.
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Quote Originally Posted by heart cooks brain View Post
    #whocares

you're arguing with baily.
    Yeah, realized a moment too late that I was wading into the Coachella board's intellectual equivalent of quicksand. Mea culpa.

Yeah, realized a moment too late that I was wading into the Coachella board's intellectual equivalent of quicksand. Mea culpa.

OH GOD, you usage of latin is insufferable.

Quote Originally Posted by Godspeed View Post
    OH GOD, you usage of latin is insufferable.
    your usage of English isn't much better.