Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 61 to 72 of 72

Thread: To the whiners: Tickets to both weekends available -- no waiting.

  1. #61
    Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    nomad's land
    Posts
    9,991

    Default Re: To the whiners: Tickets to both weekends available -- no waiting.

    once the language barriers are broken we realize we're all fucking morons.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

  2. #62
    Member KickerConspiracy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Silicon Valley, CA
    Posts
    968

    Default Re: To the whiners: Tickets to both weekends available -- no waiting.

    Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    This thread needs a Wendy Whiner gif.
    You buckle down and buy them again this year Gunz? Or are you sticking to your 'No Royskopp, no attendance' pledge.
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkingvsreeve View Post
    Perhaps if you had spent more time planning your sets out and less time playing slutty Indian this wouldn't be so difficult for you.

  3. #63
    Coachella Junkie algunz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rustin' in Tustin
    Posts
    21,507

    Default Re: To the whiners: Tickets to both weekends available -- no waiting.

    I did, Kicker. I am weak.

  4. #64
    Member Larry Farnsworth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    The Nutmeg State.
    Posts
    630

    Default Re: To the whiners: Tickets to both weekends available -- no waiting.

    Quote Originally Posted by Godspeed View Post
    OH GOD, you usage of latin is insufferable.
    Res ipsa loquitur.

  5. #65

    Default Re: To the whiners: Tickets to both weekends available -- no waiting.

    There's absolutely no indication that "supply increased". Demand is down, deal with it.

    The 2014 lineup will probably be better than the 2013 one anyway, and will likely sell out fast.

  6. #66
    old school
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,102

    Default Re: To the whiners: Tickets to both weekends available -- no waiting.

    Why is registering your 2014 Coachella wristband now mandatory? Curiosity buried in the FAQ.

    Quote Originally Posted by baily View Post
    Demand for Coachella and Stagecoach hit all time lows

    Stagecoach for the first time didn't sell out and didn't even come close to selling out. People were not impressed with the lineup and those I talked to were not happy about the bands they saw. I personally had 12 friends that have gone every year and all but 2 said no. There was no demand for late tickets...

    Coachella presale shows a similar story. There are so many festivals with great lineups that Coachella bit the 'big one' last year with the headliners. Say what you will, but if GV and crew don't bump it up they are gonna have a dying fest at their feet.

    Don't expect Coachella to sell out this year. Scalpers purchased thousands of seats for resale and they are out of the Coachella market...which is a good thing, but it will prove costly to the bottom line for GV.

    I'll be very interested to see how they respond with next years lineups.

    Wonder what dip shit got a hard on for the Stone Roses and found out only he and 5 friends had the same hard on for em.?.

    Phoenix - could fucking care less
    Blur - good sub headline band
    Stone Roses - wouldn't see em if they were playing free in the local bar
    RHCP - solid headliner
    I find it curious that GV haven't given a single public comment regarding the 2013 festival headliners, before or after. They've been curiously quiet when in the past that gave post fest interviews almost every years, sometimes with both the LA and Palm Springs newspapers.

    RHCP was a 3 times headliner in about a decade, on their 5th pass of the continent for the hitless album and missing the guitar player on their best known material. Perhaps a "solid" heaqdliner, but a super lazy and uncreative booking in lieu of Pearl Jam, Sabbath or Crazy Horse.

    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Farnsworth View Post
    Who gives a shit about Stagecoach?

    And until people show some sort of numbers backing up the claim that the presale didn't sell as many tickets, I'm not buying it. It's just as likely that they released more tickets in the presale after seeing how quickly they sold the past two years. For all we know, they sold more tickets in the presale.
    Locals not buying stagecoach tickets show some fatigue with buying festival passes. That WILL bleed over to Coachella at some point.

    car/tent camping was available for most of the 2014 presale period in some form. They went VERY quickly during the last presale. Watching how many hotel packages(start under a grand/person) sold also shows little demand compared to last year when anything under $1,300 went fairly quickly.

    Did even a single media outlet report on the end of pre-sale period? I didn't even see that many places hype the onsale to start. No wayy 100,000+ people dropped multi-hundreds dollar promises on their credit cards.

    Quote Originally Posted by iam8bits View Post
    There's absolutely no indication that "supply increased". Demand is down, deal with it.

    The 2014 lineup will probably be better than the 2013 one anyway, and will likely sell out fast.
    There's 4-5 festivals in North America that could get better reviews than Coachella. People will make commitments before the Coachella lineup drops.

  7. #67

    Default Re: To the whiners: Tickets to both weekends available -- no waiting.

    I personally know three Coachella virgins who bought tickets for 2013 specifically because of the Tupac hologram. If I knew that many, that means there has to be a shit ton more who did the same. No Tupac this year. No surprise Katy Perry guest star. No surprise Usher. I'm going to say (READ: IMO) that the huge demand for the past few years was driven by people who weren't necessarily music fans, but fans of pop culture. My co-worker said to me (after I returned to work the following Tuesday this year), "Did you see any celebrities? I would go just to see all the celebrities." Yeah, she's a pop-whore like that.

    After losing over $100 because I couldn't sell my extra ticket, I certainly was not going to buy presale this year. The second-hand market was flooded with cheap festival passes up until the day of the festival.
    --->Living-Silver.com <---

  8. #68

    Default Re: To the whiners: Tickets to both weekends available -- no waiting.

    The last two posters sound like the people who predicted Coachella was dead after the Jack Johnson debacle. Some great years followed. look, the lineup (especially headliners) can vary greatly year-to-year. But any music-lover can easily find 10 or more acts worth seeing over the weekend in any year. I bought pre-sale for 2014, and I'm quite certain I'll be as happy as I was in 2006, 2010 (even with the cluster-fuck crowding) and 2012.
    2014 completely unrealistic wishlist: Radiohead, Atoms For Peace, Elbow, Doves, Kristin Hersh, David Bowie, Kate Bush, Chemical Brothers, Faithless, Shy Child, Massive Attack, Zero 7, The Dickies, Holy Fuck, Seun Kuti and Egypt 80, The Flaming Lips

    Quote Originally Posted by psycobetabuckdown View Post
    is that chucky canuck guy kroqken?
    Quote Originally Posted by higgybaby23 View Post
    Naw, too much hair.

  9. #69

    Default Re: To the whiners: Tickets to both weekends available -- no waiting.

    Quote Originally Posted by chucky canuck View Post
    The last two posters sound like the people who predicted Coachella was dead after the Jack Johnson debacle.
    Where did you get that from my post? I was saying that Coachella ticket sales went into overdrive after the festival went mainstream. I prefer the experience of 2008-2010 (less crowded+ more music fans), and I'm hoping we go back to that period. I went to weekend 2 this past year and loved that it was far less crowded than weekend 1- my experience was much better than it has been in two years.
    --->Living-Silver.com <---

  10. #70
    old school
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,102

    Default Re: To the whiners: Tickets to both weekends available -- no waiting.

    Quote Originally Posted by Living Silver View Post
    I personally know three Coachella virgins who bought tickets for 2013 specifically because of the Tupac hologram. If I knew that many, that means there has to be a shit ton more who did the same. No Tupac this year. No surprise Katy Perry guest star. No surprise Usher. I'm going to say (READ: IMO) that the huge demand for the past few years was driven by people who weren't necessarily music fans, but fans of pop culture. My co-worker said to me (after I returned to work the following Tuesday this year), "Did you see any celebrities? I would go just to see all the celebrities." Yeah, she's a pop-whore like that.

    After losing over $100 because I couldn't sell my extra ticket, I certainly was not going to buy presale this year. The second-hand market was flooded with cheap festival passes up until the day of the festival.
    No one said there wan't new fans getting hooked. Some long term fans and other "recent" fans have become more selective and lineup dependent before deciding to attend.

    Quote Originally Posted by chucky canuck View Post
    The last two posters sound like the people who predicted Coachella was dead after the Jack Johnson debacle. Some great years followed. look, the lineup (especially headliners) can vary greatly year-to-year. But any music-lover can easily find 10 or more acts worth seeing over the weekend in any year. I bought pre-sale for 2014, and I'm quite certain I'll be as happy as I was in 2006, 2010 (even with the cluster-fuck crowding) and 2012.
    I've never said Coachella is dead. I think it will sell out at some point before the 2014. Glastonbury had some notable ticket selling issues in 2008 then bounced back.

    I only saw 2 acts on Sunday that I thought were worthwhile. 10 worthwhile acts even if you can get your weekend under $500-600 isn't really worth it if 8-9 of them are playing shorter sets than normal. 4 of the acts I wanted to see because GV are unable to provide early hotel shuttles service to get you to any stage before 1:15pm.

    Quote Originally Posted by Living Silver View Post
    Where did you get that from my post? I was saying that Coachella ticket sales went into overdrive after the festival went mainstream. I prefer the experience of 2008-2010 (less crowded+ more music fans), and I'm hoping we go back to that period. I went to weekend 2 this past year and loved that it was far less crowded than weekend 1- my experience was much better than it has been in two years.
    How was W2 "less crowded" than W1 when they same number of bodies were present?

    Wasn't 2010 "more crowded" than the years afterwards with all the gatecrashers?

  11. #71

    Default Re: To the whiners: Tickets to both weekends available -- no waiting.

    bump -- asa reminder that pre-sale passes were available last year with no waiting.
    2014 completely unrealistic wishlist: Radiohead, Atoms For Peace, Elbow, Doves, Kristin Hersh, David Bowie, Kate Bush, Chemical Brothers, Faithless, Shy Child, Massive Attack, Zero 7, The Dickies, Holy Fuck, Seun Kuti and Egypt 80, The Flaming Lips

    Quote Originally Posted by psycobetabuckdown View Post
    is that chucky canuck guy kroqken?
    Quote Originally Posted by higgybaby23 View Post
    Naw, too much hair.

  12. #72
    Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    nomad's land
    Posts
    9,991

    Default Re: To the whiners: Tickets to both weekends available -- no waiting.

    22 minute. sell out and a wide open presale. dummies.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Similar Threads

  1. Still waiting on delivery of tickets
    By abuxton in forum Misc. Babble
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-22-2012, 05:01 PM
  2. Attn: idiots buying tickets for both weekends...
    By motherofmothera in forum Questions
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 03-19-2012, 01:35 AM
  3. Wish thestripe a Happy Post-Coachella Birthday, whiners!
    By gaypalmsprings in forum Misc. Lounge
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 04-23-2010, 06:47 AM
  4. A Story for all the Whiners...
    By goatparade in forum Misc. Babble
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-24-2008, 07:10 PM
  5. Been waiting since I was 14 for this. . .
    By rocky raccoon in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-01-2007, 12:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •