Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: To the whiners: Tickets to both weekends available -- no waiting.

Default To the whiners: Tickets to both weekends available -- no waiting.

Thought I'd put this in writing in case people start whining next year that they had no chance to buy tix. They're available now..without any waiting...and have been for well over an hour.
    2014 completely unrealistic wishlist: Radiohead, Atoms For Peace, Elbow, Doves, Kristin Hersh, David Bowie, Kate Bush, Chemical Brothers, Faithless, Shy Child, Massive Attack, Zero 7, The Dickies, Holy Fuck, Seun Kuti and Egypt 80, The Flaming Lips

Quote Originally Posted by psycobetabuckdown View Post
    is that chucky canuck guy kroqken?
    Quote Originally Posted by higgybaby23 View Post
    Naw, too much hair.

Default Re: To the whiners: Tickets to both weekends available -- no waiting.

BUT I WANNA KNOW THE LINEUP
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

Note to self.

Save thread to bump in 8 months.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

People on the east coast are home, both weekends still available with no wait. cant wait to bump this next year.

This isn't anything for Goldenvoice to brag about.

It means demand is way down due to the crappy 2012 lineup.

Coachella has officially jumped the shark.
    Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Tickets may actually still be available. Really. I pulled two wk 1 tickets an hour ago. So happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

old school

How quickly did all the allocated camping passes sell out?

Quote Originally Posted by Archie Bunker View Post
    This isn't anything for Goldenvoice to brag about.

It means demand is way down due to the crappy 2012 lineup.

Coachella has officially jumped the shark.
    From the FAQ:

I MISSED THE ADVANCE SALE!!!!!. When do the rest of the passes go on sale?

Anything we have left will go on sale when the line up comes out next year. Check back later. Fingers crossed!
    The way its worded sure sounds like they put all the passes on sale for the presale.

Oh, and if 2012 was crappy, wouldn't sales have been down this year?

In conclusion, fuck your life.

Farnsworth: still our best new(ish) board member.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

old school

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Farnsworth View Post
    The way its worded sure sounds like they put all the passes on sale for the presale.
    That wasn't true the last 2 pre sales where W1 passes had enough demand to sell prior to the lineup but the held tickets back. They didnt reveal numbers but the cutoff was believed to be in the 65-75,000 range for W1.

Everything I've seen indicates most w2 passes are sold after the lineup. Easter wont be a deterrent for 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by Archie Bunker View Post
    Archie, help is on the way
    2014 completely unrealistic wishlist: Radiohead, Atoms For Peace, Elbow, Doves, Kristin Hersh, David Bowie, Kate Bush, Chemical Brothers, Faithless, Shy Child, Massive Attack, Zero 7, The Dickies, Holy Fuck, Seun Kuti and Egypt 80, The Flaming Lips

Quote Originally Posted by psycobetabuckdown View Post
    is that chucky canuck guy kroqken?
    Quote Originally Posted by higgybaby23 View Post
    Naw, too much hair.

I meant the crappy 2013 lineup.

Anyway, LOL @ the terrible demand today.

I guess that's one way for Front Gate's server not to crash.
    Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    That wasn't true the last 2 pre sales where W1 passes had enough demand to sell prior to the lineup but the held tickets back. They didnt reveal numbers but the cutoff was believed to be in the 65-75,000 range for W1.

Everything I've seen indicates most w2 passes are sold after the lineup. Easter wont be a deterrent for 2014.
    What the fuck are you even saying here? What is wrong with you?

old school

What the fuck are you even saying here? What is wrong with you?
    You say they put 100% of passes up for sale in the pre sale.

The previous 2 pre sales show that they intentionally held tickets back for January, particularly w1.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    You say they put 100% of passes up for sale in the pre sale.

The previous 2 pre sales show that they intentionally held tickets back for January, particularly w1.
    Oh holy Christ. We know that they held back tickets the previous two presales. What people are suggesting now is that maybe they didn't do that this year, and therefore maybe its less of a lack of a demand than it is an increase in supply. Backing this up somewhat is the changed wording from the FAQ re: tickets.

There may also be more capacity in 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    It's hard to argue with that.

Pretty sure the FAQ re:tickets was the same last year.

I just bought tickets to Weekend 1 twelve hours after they went on sale. Fuck the whiners indeed.

But I bet you didn't buy car camping for week 1.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    But I bet you didn't buy car camping for week 1.
    You bet right. This year I paid $90 to camp to in a dusty briar patch that had no showers, no vendors, inadequate bathrooms and a 25 minute walk to the entrance. I'm never camping again.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post
    City of Indio have had them at a fixed capacity for several years. GV have increased paid attendance by cutting back staff/guests/band & crew comps.

Oh holy Christ. We know that they held back tickets the previous two presales. What people are suggesting now is that maybe they didn't do that this year, and therefore maybe its less of a lack of a demand than it is an increase in supply. Backing this up somewhat is the changed wording from the FAQ re: tickets.
    IMO, if all W1 passes were offered they would explicitly say so in the fine print. Why be vague?

I think GV have tried to push people to W2 to make sure they sell everything on that Easter weekend. They wouldn't sell all W1 GA passes to keep all their options open for staffing, hotel packages/media/guests/site reconfiguration/crew & band comps yadda yadda yadda.... I also think GV want to push people to W2 so that might be tempted by Stagecoach as part of a 10 day vacation - for those partial to country music.

For all the talk of 2013 passes selling for way under face value, the W1 passes always maintained their demand. Selling out W1 passes before January would simply further upset that balance.

To put it another way, I can't think of a single advantage to increasing the allotment of W1 passes sold in the pre-sale. GV will sell the same amount.

Quote Originally Posted by iwaslike View Post
    Pretty sure the FAQ re:tickets was the same last year.
    Pretty sure it wasn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by baily View Post
    Eat a dick on that or did I make too much sense for your mind to take

The desperate search for alternate explanations by the true believers for the massive demand drop this year is some high fucking comedy.

It's pretty fucking simple and sitting in front of your noses if you care to look: The shit headliners in 2013 destroyed confidence in the ability of GV to maintain (or increase) the value of presale tickets. The investment that had in years past been guaranteed gold turned into shit, and the investors who previously bought blind on the belief that lineups were bulletproof are now going to force GV to deliver upfront before they commit.

But at least a few hundred balding Britpop fans got to see Ian Brown hobble around the stage mumbling and shaking his stick, so it was clearly worth the lost revenue and reputation hit for GV.

At this point it would be better for GV to post a "2014 PRESALE SOLD OUT" lie on the home page and hope the lineup in January pulls in a flood of buyers rather than continue this ongoing embarrassment they brought upon themselves.
    Last edited by mrhand; 05-25-2013 at 12:28 PM.

Weekend 1 GA is sold out now, just checked out of curiosity.

Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    The desperate search for alternate explanations by the true believers for the massive demand drop this year is some high fucking comedy.

It's pretty fucking simple and sitting in front of your noses if you care to look: The shit headliners in 2013 destroyed confidence in the ability of GV to maintain (or increase) the value of presale tickets. The investment that had in years past been guaranteed gold turned into shit, and the investors who previously bought blind on the belief that lineups were bulletproof are now going to force GV to deliver upfront before they commit.

But at least a few hundred balding Britpop fans got to see Ian Brown hobble around the stage mumbling and shaking his stick, so it was clearly worth the lost revenue and reputation hit for GV.
    Massive demand drop? Regale us with your insider numbers, please.

Are you suggesting that both weekends won't sell out?
    Quote Originally Posted by MotorAve View Post
    Careful, while the threats are amusingly clueless, I could probably have this whole board shut down with one phone call.

My "more capacity" reasoning was based on the fact this will be the first year of the new, multi year contract with Indio, and the reporting that more permanent improvements could be made to the site. Not Stone Roses or Goldenvoice apologia.

Yeah, there are possibly 24,000 more tickets available for each weekend:

The deal will also allow Goldenvoice the freedom to stage two additional events in the fall, with capacities set at 75,000 and 99,000 fans -- though the company has not revealed any plans for more festivals -- and expand Coachella's capacity to 99,000 and Stagecoach to 75,000 next year.
    The Stone Roses really destroyed their business model.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by laharmon View Post
    Weekend 1 GA is sold out now, just checked out of curiosity.
    Still pulled W1 just now. Forced bundled with shuttle.

Quote Originally Posted by santasutt View Post
    Massive demand drop? Regale us with your insider numbers, please.

Are you suggesting that both weekends won't sell out?
    Between both onsales for 2013, W1 was gone in about an hour or so. I can still pull them 27 hours later.

There's still tent camping for W2, which usually goes within 5 minutes since it's only a couple thousand. Same passes that flipped hands for 10x face value in 2011 before rule changes. Car camping for W2 also lasted a good 24 hours more than last year.

W1 GA without the forced shuttle pass bundle was available for quite awhile suggesting sales were stalling around 60,000.

My "more capacity" reasoning was based on the fact this will be the first year of the new, multi year contract with Indio, and the reporting that more permanent improvements could be made to the site. Not Stone Roses or Goldenvoice apologia.
    Where would people fit? The past several years all had the same amount of people on site, just more paid and fewer staff/comps.

Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post

At this point it would be better for GV to post a "2014 PRESALE SOLD OUT" lie on the home page and hope the lineup in January pulls in a flood of buyers rather than continue this ongoing embarrassment they brought upon themselves.
    2014 will sell out, but fans want to see the lineup. I also think the strength of other festivals in North America and being forced to commit 11 months in advanced has made buyers more cautious. There's a good 6 other festivals on the continent that are relative alternatives to Coachella. I've also wondered if the Stagecoach drop off illustrates that locals are showing sales fatigue for Indio festivals.

I still think the Friday headliners(plural) were one of the highlights of 2013. For me RHCP and Phoenix were the "safety" headliners when the top 5 other choices bailed.

They should keep up the pre-sale until after the long weekend. Sales will be fine for 2014, but fans need to know some major confirmed acts first.

old school

Yeah, there are possibly 24,000 more tickets available for each weekend:

The Stone Roses really destroyed their business model.
    99k is the current capacity including staff/comps. 75k for SC in 2012 since it's only 2 stages.

90,000 passes were SOLD for each coachella weekend in 2013.

It looks like the car camping might be sold out? I just checked out of curiosity. If you select the GA/Shuttle pass, there are no options for camping (I think that screen, right before secure checkout is where it would appear?). For both weekends.