Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 134

Thread: 3x Chella Vet Seeking to buy into Safari - PASS ONLY I am sleeping elsewhere!

  1. #91
    Coachella Junkie PlayaDelWes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Posts
    7,179

    Default Re: 3x Chella Vet Seeking to buy into Safari - PASS ONLY I am sleeping elsewhere!

    If one of your friends isn't utilizing the Safari Tent On-Site Lodging portion of the Safari Tent On-Site Lodging, I wouldn't expect them to subsidize your portion, by paying more than face value, no.

    But my guess is that all 3 or 4 of you are sharing the same tent, space, privacy, etc… And therefore, you are sacrificing a little bit and in return paying a lower average cost. Which is a situation much different than that discussed within this thread.
    Friday: Aloe Blacc, ZZ Ward, Caravan Palace, MS MR, Bastille, OutKast, Grouplove, Kate Nash, HAIM, Jagwar Ma, Tom Odell, Neko Case
    Saturday
    : Chvrches, Lorde, ,Foxygen, The Naked and Famous, Pharrell Williams, Muse, Empire of the Sun, Bombay Bicycle Club, Pet Shop Boys, Saints of Valory, Temples
    Sunday: Arcade Fire, Lana Del Rey, Frank Turner, John Newman, J Roddy Walston and the Business, Superchunk, STRFKR, Neutral Milk Hotel

  2. #92
    Member hippityhip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    546

    Default Re: 3x Chella Vet Seeking to buy into Safari - PASS ONLY I am sleeping elsewhere!

    Well done, OP. give back that same good energy to someone in need is all I ask.
    Four Tet - Mohawk - 3/1
    Mac Demarco - Mohawk - 4/13

  3. #93
    Member LiquidL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    569

    Default Re: 3x Chella Vet Seeking to buy into Safari - PASS ONLY I am sleeping elsewhere!

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    If she can hook up that deal, then good for her. But the Safari program is the only way to purchase a guest pass. I have to pay a certain amount to get it. Regardless of what it does or doesn't include, I wouldn't expect a stranger to provide one for me at a lesser cost than what they had to pay themselves. That's all.
    What?
    It's not like someone's gonna be like "Oh shit, I can't find a stranger to buy the extra guest pass from me so I guess I just cannot buy the Safari tickets!"

    If people like Peter_tork are already gonna buy Safari and she pitches in to get the extra guest pass, then more power to her and big ups to the original buyer for being cool as fuck for hooking it up.

    cr******
    2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012: II, 2013: I, 2014: I

  4. #94

    Default Re: 3x Chella Vet Seeking to buy into Safari - PASS ONLY I am sleeping elsewhere!

    If anything I would expect to pay more than the $1500 a piece add on. Such as $1800 or $2000. I can't imagine someone adding on to their bill without getting something for it. I would expect no less if it was me. Only a good friend I imagine would do this.


    That being said, if anyone wants to sell me the extra passes for $1800 a piece. Let me know lol

  5. #95
    Member LiquidL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    569

    Default Re: 3x Chella Vet Seeking to buy into Safari - PASS ONLY I am sleeping elsewhere!

    ^if someone does offer you the deal for $1500, make sure you turn it down and tell them that you expect them to charge more and promptly offer them $1800 or more. You must be helluva swell guy.
    Last edited by LiquidL; 06-03-2013 at 11:45 PM.
    2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012: II, 2013: I, 2014: I

  6. #96
    Member Buddha99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Somewhere but not here
    Posts
    244

    Default Re: 3x Chella Vet Seeking to buy into Safari - PASS ONLY I am sleeping elsewhere!

    Quote Originally Posted by gam3g3ni3 View Post
    If anything I would expect to pay more than the $1500 a piece add on. Such as $1800 or $2000. I can't imagine someone adding on to their bill without getting something for it. I would expect no less if it was me. Only a good friend I imagine would do this.


    That being said, if anyone wants to sell me the extra passes for $1800 a piece. Let me know lol
    This would be the guy I would sell my extra pass to at $1500 (if I had 1 to sell. Sorry we already have 4 in our group...)

  7. #97

    Default Re: 3x Chella Vet Seeking to buy into Safari - PASS ONLY I am sleeping elsewhere!

    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha99 View Post
    This would be the guy I would sell my extra pass to at $1500 (if I had 1 to sell. Sorry we already have 4 in our group...)
    If its costing someone else more money ($8000 for one add on, $9500 for two), I can't imagine someone getting away with just $1500. I would gladly try and give a little kick back. $1800 is nothing compared to the $3250 it costs per person for just two people.

  8. #98

    Default Re: 3x Chella Vet Seeking to buy into Safari - PASS ONLY I am sleeping elsewhere!

    Quote Originally Posted by gam3g3ni3 View Post
    If its costing someone else more money ($8000 for one add on, $9500 for two), I can't imagine someone getting away with just $1500. I would gladly try and give a little kick back. $1800 is nothing compared to the $3250 it costs per person for just two people.
    Those people paying more are also getting a safari tent. The person adding on is only getting a wristband. Why is it so hard for some of you to understand this?
    Let's go on a livin' spree!

  9. #99

    Default Re: 3x Chella Vet Seeking to buy into Safari - PASS ONLY I am sleeping elsewhere!

    I understand that. But the person who gets the wristband also gets access to all of their amenities (bars, lounge, bathrooms, showers, pool). If someone asked me to add them on to my safari tent, unless it was a close friend, I wouldn't do it for $1500 even if they gave me cash up front. $2000 would be much harder to turn down.

  10. #100
    Coachella Junkie PlayaDelWes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Posts
    7,179

    Default Re: 3x Chella Vet Seeking to buy into Safari - PASS ONLY I am sleeping elsewhere!

    People who aren’t shelling out the cash, have no business determining how much something is worth to someone else.
    Friday: Aloe Blacc, ZZ Ward, Caravan Palace, MS MR, Bastille, OutKast, Grouplove, Kate Nash, HAIM, Jagwar Ma, Tom Odell, Neko Case
    Saturday
    : Chvrches, Lorde, ,Foxygen, The Naked and Famous, Pharrell Williams, Muse, Empire of the Sun, Bombay Bicycle Club, Pet Shop Boys, Saints of Valory, Temples
    Sunday: Arcade Fire, Lana Del Rey, Frank Turner, John Newman, J Roddy Walston and the Business, Superchunk, STRFKR, Neutral Milk Hotel

  11. #101

    Default Re: 3x Chella Vet Seeking to buy into Safari - PASS ONLY I am sleeping elsewhere!

    Quote Originally Posted by gam3g3ni3 View Post
    I understand that. But the person who gets the wristband also gets access to all of their amenities (bars, lounge, bathrooms, showers, pool). If someone asked me to add them on to my safari tent, unless it was a close friend, I wouldn't do it for $1500 even if they gave me cash up front. $2000 would be much harder to turn down.
    I don't see why it matters to you? If you were going with only two people, and adding a third would be an extra $1500 and that third person gives you $1500 and never sees you again what difference would it make? You're in the same place as you would be otherwise. Is that being too nice or something?

  12. #102
    Coachella Junkie PlayaDelWes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Posts
    7,179

    Default Re: 3x Chella Vet Seeking to buy into Safari - PASS ONLY I am sleeping elsewhere!

    Quote Originally Posted by mmsk123 View Post
    I don't see why it matters to you? If you were going with only two people, and adding a third would be an extra $1500 and that third person gives you $1500 and never sees you again what difference would it make? You're in the same place as you would be otherwise. Is that being too nice or something?
    It matters to him that if someone else was getting the 3rd pass at face value, he’d be jealous that he couldn’t justify paying the same to get the same deal. And if he was able to stretch and justify the purchase of an entire Safari Package for two, by no means would he be willing to do someone else a favor and add on a 3rd or 4th pass at face value. Instead, he’d scalp those extra passes for as much as someone’s willing to pay to help subsidize his own package.
    Friday: Aloe Blacc, ZZ Ward, Caravan Palace, MS MR, Bastille, OutKast, Grouplove, Kate Nash, HAIM, Jagwar Ma, Tom Odell, Neko Case
    Saturday
    : Chvrches, Lorde, ,Foxygen, The Naked and Famous, Pharrell Williams, Muse, Empire of the Sun, Bombay Bicycle Club, Pet Shop Boys, Saints of Valory, Temples
    Sunday: Arcade Fire, Lana Del Rey, Frank Turner, John Newman, J Roddy Walston and the Business, Superchunk, STRFKR, Neutral Milk Hotel

  13. #103

    Default Re: 3x Chella Vet Seeking to buy into Safari - PASS ONLY I am sleeping elsewhere!

    No, I just wouldn't sell off my "extra" spots/tickets.

    Only way that would happen is if I had another couple that would want to get in on a Safari tent with a two bed setup and split it four ways.

  14. #104

    Default Re: 3x Chella Vet Seeking to buy into Safari - PASS ONLY I am sleeping elsewhere!

    Quote Originally Posted by coachZILLA13 View Post
    Shocking as it may seem, sometimes people do things just to be nice.


    If I had an option I would go Safari. But a buy in is not bad at all.

  15. #105
    Pedley Rocks JustSteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    the Beach of Newport
    Posts
    11,960

    Default Re: 3x Chella Vet Seeking to buy into Safari - PASS ONLY I am sleeping elsewhere!

    People who do things just to be nice who then come on a message board to tell everyone what they do just to be nice are some of the worst kind of people. If it was truly altruistic then no mention of it would ever be made when trying to make a point. Right then and there you lose.

  16. #106
    Coachella Junkie sonofhal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    8,914

    Default Re: 3x Chella Vet Seeking to buy into Safari - PASS ONLY I am sleeping elsewhere!

    Indeed. Every time I see someone with an "I gave blood" sticker, I think "What a cunt."
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.

  17. #107

    Default Re: 3x Chella Vet Seeking to buy into Safari - PASS ONLY I am sleeping elsewhere!

    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    People who do things just to be nice who then come on a message board to tell everyone what they do just to be nice are some of the worst kind of people. If it was truly altruistic then no mention of it would ever be made when trying to make a point. Right then and there you lose.

    If I read correctly, the guy who made the comment mentioned that because he thought the lady who sold her the Safari wristband was just selling it because HE THOUGHT SHE WAS BEING NICE, NOT BECAUSE SHE WAS TRYING TO MAKE A PROFIT.

  18. #108
    Member coachZILLA13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Snobbsdale, AZ
    Posts
    143

    Default Re: 3x Chella Vet Seeking to buy into Safari - PASS ONLY I am sleeping elsewhere!

    Quote Originally Posted by mr powerful View Post
    If I read correctly, the guy who made the comment mentioned that because he thought the lady who sold her the Safari wristband was just selling it because HE THOUGHT SHE WAS BEING NICE, NOT BECAUSE SHE WAS TRYING TO MAKE A PROFIT.
    Yes you are correct...except I'm female Thank you for taking the time to READ the posts!

    And she was being nice, just wanted some of the money back. One of the kids couldn't go.

    Love it when people jump to conclusions, don't you?? Too bad the conclusion wasn't 8' beyond the rim of the Grand Canyon....
    Sets for Chella '14:
    Martin Garrix; The Cult; Gareth Emery; Muse; Skrillex; Pet Shop Boys; MGMT; Fatboy Slim; Kid Cudi; TJR; Calvin Harris; Alesso; Duck Sauce; Capital Cities

    Music Events '14:
    January - Groove Cruise Miami
    April - Coachella Weekend 1
    June - EDC Vegas
    September - Omega
    October - Groove Cruise L.A.

  19. #109
    Pedley Rocks JustSteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    the Beach of Newport
    Posts
    11,960

    Default Re: 3x Chella Vet Seeking to buy into Safari - PASS ONLY I am sleeping elsewhere!

    The post was more in reference to posting about spending all this time/money/effort just to help people at Coachella and the rescuing of cats dogs just to help out. Bragging about doing stuff like that takes some of the luster off. If it was just to help/be kind then there would be no need to mention what has been done.

  20. #110

    Default Re: 3x Chella Vet Seeking to buy into Safari - PASS ONLY I am sleeping elsewhere!

    She didn't bring it up out of nowhere just to brag, she did it in defense when people tried to call her selfish. If you think that takes away from any nice deeds she has done, that's your own problem. Seriously, what is it with your miserable fucks that you so desperately need to find fault in others? Get a life and worry about your own shit.
    Let's go on a livin' spree!

  21. #111
    Member LiquidL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    569

    Default Re: 3x Chella Vet Seeking to buy into Safari - PASS ONLY I am sleeping elsewhere!

    I bet she secretly tortures cats too.
    2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012: II, 2013: I, 2014: I

  22. #112
    Member coachZILLA13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Snobbsdale, AZ
    Posts
    143

    Default Re: 3x Chella Vet Seeking to buy into Safari - PASS ONLY I am sleeping elsewhere!

    Quote Originally Posted by LiquidL View Post
    I bet she secretly tortures cats too.
    LOL you're a goober
    Sets for Chella '14:
    Martin Garrix; The Cult; Gareth Emery; Muse; Skrillex; Pet Shop Boys; MGMT; Fatboy Slim; Kid Cudi; TJR; Calvin Harris; Alesso; Duck Sauce; Capital Cities

    Music Events '14:
    January - Groove Cruise Miami
    April - Coachella Weekend 1
    June - EDC Vegas
    September - Omega
    October - Groove Cruise L.A.

  23. #113
    Member coachZILLA13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Snobbsdale, AZ
    Posts
    143

    Default Re: 3x Chella Vet Seeking to buy into Safari - PASS ONLY I am sleeping elsewhere!

    Quote Originally Posted by Sexecutioner View Post
    She didn't bring it up out of nowhere just to brag, she did it in defense when people tried to call her selfish. If you think that takes away from any nice deeds she has done, that's your own problem. Seriously, what is it with your miserable fucks that you so desperately need to find fault in others? Get a life and worry about your own shit.
    ^^ this.
    Sets for Chella '14:
    Martin Garrix; The Cult; Gareth Emery; Muse; Skrillex; Pet Shop Boys; MGMT; Fatboy Slim; Kid Cudi; TJR; Calvin Harris; Alesso; Duck Sauce; Capital Cities

    Music Events '14:
    January - Groove Cruise Miami
    April - Coachella Weekend 1
    June - EDC Vegas
    September - Omega
    October - Groove Cruise L.A.

  24. #114
    Member coachZILLA13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Snobbsdale, AZ
    Posts
    143

    Default Re: 3x Chella Vet Seeking to buy into Safari - PASS ONLY I am sleeping elsewhere!

    Oh, and lest we forget:

    Sets for Chella '14:
    Martin Garrix; The Cult; Gareth Emery; Muse; Skrillex; Pet Shop Boys; MGMT; Fatboy Slim; Kid Cudi; TJR; Calvin Harris; Alesso; Duck Sauce; Capital Cities

    Music Events '14:
    January - Groove Cruise Miami
    April - Coachella Weekend 1
    June - EDC Vegas
    September - Omega
    October - Groove Cruise L.A.

  25. #115
    Member HowToDisappear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Back of Beyond
    Posts
    2,151

    Default Re: 3x Chella Vet Seeking to buy into Safari - PASS ONLY I am sleeping elsewhere!

    Steve is not a troll. He's right.

    This thread + Any-Other-Hummer-H1-Owners-Doing-Car-Camping-Chella2014W1 = vulgar

    vul·gar (vlgr)
    adj.
    1. Crudely indecent.
    2.
    a. Deficient in taste, delicacy, or refinement.
    b. Marked by a lack of good breeding; boorish. See Synonyms at common.
    c. Offensively excessive in self-display or expenditure; ostentatious
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    See that guy in the background talking loudly about crab cakes? That's you.

  26. #116
    Coachella Junkie Miroir Noir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Zip City
    Posts
    7,136

    Default Re: 3x Chella Vet Seeking to buy into Safari - PASS ONLY I am sleeping elsewhere!

    ^ nailed it.

    Conspicuous consumption and bad taste.
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8r408 View Post
    The word "lulzy" is offensive.

  27. #117
    old school ThatGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,912

    Default Re: 3x Chella Vet Seeking to buy into Safari - PASS ONLY I am sleeping elsewhere!

    Precisely why I'm not overly keen on doing any favors.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

  28. #118

    Default Re: 3x Chella Vet Seeking to buy into Safari - PASS ONLY I am sleeping elsewhere!

    Quote Originally Posted by HowToDisappear View Post
    Steve is not a troll. He's right.

    This thread + Any-Other-Hummer-H1-Owners-Doing-Car-Camping-Chella2014W1 = vulgar

    vul·gar (vlgr)
    adj.
    1. Crudely indecent.
    2.
    a. Deficient in taste, delicacy, or refinement.
    b. Marked by a lack of good breeding; boorish. See Synonyms at common.
    c. Offensively excessive in self-display or expenditure; ostentatious
    Haha, I know Steve isn't a troll. While my comment was somewhat directed at him this time, it was more of a general comment about the way board regulars love to sit around judging and criticizing others.

    And while that other thread topic is a bit douchey, you are still proving my point. You all sit around judging her about her wanting to discuss her hummer when you don't even know her. She could be a really cool person in real life, but you wouldn't know cause you like to condemn people right off the bat so you get some sense of superiority and can feel better about your pathetic lives as a keyboard warriors.

    Not to mention, even if it is a bit douchey to talk about your car like that, it has nothing to do with this thread. IMO nothing she has said or done in this thread has warranted the criticism she has received. She was simply offering to buy a 3rd Safari wristband at face value if somebody wanted had an extra to sell.
    Let's go on a livin' spree!

  29. #119
    Coachella Junkie sonofhal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    8,914

    Default Re: 3x Chella Vet Seeking to buy into Safari - PASS ONLY I am sleeping elsewhere!

    To be fair. I've never met anyone cool with a Hummer. Another four letter word starting with C springs to mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.

  30. #120
    Coachella Junkie Miroir Noir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Zip City
    Posts
    7,136

    Default Re: 3x Chella Vet Seeking to buy into Safari - PASS ONLY I am sleeping elsewhere!

    Quote Originally Posted by Sexecutioner View Post
    And while that other thread topic is a bit douchey, you are still proving my point. You all sit around judging her about her wanting to discuss her hummer when you don't even know her. She could be a really cool person in real life, but you wouldn't know cause you like to condemn people right off the bat so you get some sense of superiority and can feel better about your pathetic lives as a keyboard warriors.

    Not to mention, even if it is a bit douchey to talk about your car like that, it has nothing to do with this thread. IMO nothing she has said or done in this thread has warranted the criticism she has received. She was simply offering to buy a 3rd Safari wristband at face value if somebody wanted had an extra to sell.
    Thanks for the concern.
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8r408 View Post
    The word "lulzy" is offensive.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-18-2014, 06:41 PM
  2. Need 1 Weekend 1 Safari, Guest, or Artist Pass
    By coachZILLA13 in forum Passes
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-08-2013, 10:04 AM
  3. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-20-2013, 09:54 PM
  4. SAFARI TENT ALL ACCESS PASS
    By COACHELLA NEWBIE in forum Questions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-03-2011, 09:08 AM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-02-2011, 03:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •