Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 3x Chella Vet Seeking to buy into Safari - PASS ONLY I am sleeping elsewhere!

Default Re: 3x Chella Vet Seeking to buy into Safari - PASS ONLY I am sleeping elsewhere!

Those that can, do.
    2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012: II, 2013: I, 2014: I

Default Re: 3x Chella Vet Seeking to buy into Safari - PASS ONLY I am sleeping elsewhere!

If anyone wants to actually do business with me, great.

If not, and people want to continue to bitch about what amount they think is fair/appropriate/etc for a ticket that costs $1500, that's fine too, because it continues to keep my post at the top of the first page.

I win either way.
    Sets for Chella '14:
    Martin Garrix; The Cult; Gareth Emery; Muse; Skrillex; Pet Shop Boys; MGMT; Fatboy Slim; Kid Cudi; TJR; Calvin Harris; Alesso; Duck Sauce; Capital Cities

Music Events '14:
    January - Groove Cruise Miami
    April - Coachella Weekend 1
    June - EDC Vegas
    September - Omega
    October - Groove Cruise L.A.

Also, did you really only see eight sets at Coachella this year? Was that really worth $1000?
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Quote Originally Posted by coachZILLA13 View Post
    If anyone wants to actually do business with me, great.

If not, and people want to continue to bitch about what amount they think is fair/appropriate/etc for a ticket that costs $1500, that's fine too, because it continues to keep my post at the top of the first page.

I win either way.
    any stranger to help you out here is total moron..i mean these people are shelling out big bucks themselves..why the fuck would anyone want to help a total stranger out here? offer to pay a little extra on top and be cool about it instead of a d-bag

ps
    thank god(not real) you hangout in the sahara tent brah! hope you have an EPIC coachella next year
    Quote Originally Posted by mncarpooler View Post
    Anything that's not Sahara tent trash is going to have a small crowd it seems like. I wandered over near the Sahara once all weekend and it was a clusterfuck of the douchiest looking people you could ever imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by arsgunner View Post
    any stranger to help you out here is total moron..i mean these people are shelling out big bucks themselves..why the fuck would anyone want to help a total stranger out here?
    I spend anywhere from $1000 - $2500 a year helping out total strangers at just Coachella and I expect nothing in return other than the smiles of the people who just had a great weekend and made a bunch of new friends. You should try it sometime.
    Sets for Chella '14:
    Martin Garrix; The Cult; Gareth Emery; Muse; Skrillex; Pet Shop Boys; MGMT; Fatboy Slim; Kid Cudi; TJR; Calvin Harris; Alesso; Duck Sauce; Capital Cities

Music Events '14:
    January - Groove Cruise Miami
    April - Coachella Weekend 1
    June - EDC Vegas
    September - Omega
    October - Groove Cruise L.A.

Quote Originally Posted by coachZILLA13 View Post
    I spend anywhere from $1000 - $2500 a year helping out total strangers at just Coachella and I expect nothing in return other than the smiles of the people who just had a great weekend and made a bunch of new friends. You should try it sometime.
    kewl story bro!
    Anything that's not Sahara tent trash is going to have a small crowd it seems like. I wandered over near the Sahara once all weekend and it was a clusterfuck of the douchiest looking people you could ever imagine.

any stranger to help you out here is total moron..i mean these people are shelling out big bucks themselves..why the fuck would anyone want to help a total stranger out here? offer to pay a little extra on top and be cool about it instead of a d-bag
    Why not? I like helping strangers. I've got coachZILLA covered as soon as I get my own Safari package paid for.

^dope. Good karma.

Good shit, PT.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    Jesus fucking Christ, who the hell is this Godspeed asshole?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter_Tork View Post
    Why not? I like helping strangers. I've got coachZILLA covered as soon as I get my own Safari package paid for.
    I help strangers more than anyone else here..trust me..I have my own business..I donate a shit load every year..but the way she comes across..who the hell would want to help here? this is different situation..I would never help someone like her..first she offered 1k to get in on someones safari package..who does that? i would totally throw in 2k if I were to ever to do this...even that's still generous for anyone to do that..but for 1500 for a total stranger..that's just stupid in my opinion and doesn't warrant good karma..to each their own

I help strangers more than anyone else here..trust me..I have my own business..I donate a shit load every year..but the way she comes across..who the hell would want to help here? this is different situation..I would never help someone like her..first she offered 1k to get in on someones safari package..who does that? i would totally throw in 2k if I were to ever to do this...even that's still generous for anyone to do that..but for 1500 for a total stranger..that's just stupid in my opinion and doesn't warrant good karma..to each their own
    Enough with the ellipses bro.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    Jesus fucking Christ, who the hell is this Godspeed asshole?

Quote Originally Posted by Godspeed View Post
    Enough with the ellipses bro.
    Oh.... STOP... what has an ellipse ever done to you?
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    Oh.... STOP... what has an ellipse ever done to you?
    Nothing... I guess...

Just sometimes... annoys me... when they're over-used... A simple period could do what he/she wants, instead.

Only thing I see going on here is girlfriend looking for a good deal

Pretty smart I think...don't call out her character on that

I help strangers more than anyone else here..trust me..I have my own business..I donate a shit load every year..
    Please calmly dismount your high horse.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    6500 for two people and 1500 each for up to 2 additional guests - 4 people split it for about 2300-2400 bucks apiece assuming everyone pays equally.
    With 4 people, each paying $2300-2400, you better get more than just a friggin' Safari tent, according to my math, anyway.

Well, I hope you find some nice folks that are willing to pay full price for themselves in order to subsidize your pass.
    How about just the two people paying the required full price, and then have one invisible person give you $1500 for the added guest pass you get? That way, the two people just got a rebate of $750 each on the $6500 they split at the start? Nobody plans on staying with them.

Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    So, not being snarky, but why would you want to be in a VIP area for the Sahara? I mean, isn't the production in that tent generally best enjoyed from somewhere in the middle or even further back, where you can fully take in the lasers and lights as well as whatever minimal stage production most acts bring along?

And now, being snarky, who the fuck pays this amount of money to go to Coachella? Why not just have whatever acts you want to see plug their laptop in and then mindlessly stare at the ravers play your birthday party if you've got that amount of discretionary cash to throw around?
    Because it's way more fun to do Coachella knowing that you've irritated all the poverty prone people who wish they could have figured this idea out first?

ps
    thank god(not real) you hangout in the sahara tent brah! hope you have an EPIC coachella next year
    I hope your business doesn't entail a lot of math or reading comprehension...Not that it matters with an attitude like yours, but still...
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Also, did you really only see eight sets at Coachella this year? Was that really worth $1000?
    This.

Disclosure - October 12 - Reno, NV.
    Treasure Island Music Festival - October 19 - San Francisco, CA.
    Portugal, The Man - October 22 - Reno, NV.
    Cut Copy - October 31 - Reno, NV.
    Phoenix w/ Alt-J - December 5 - Reno, NV.

COACHELLA '07, '08, '09, '11, '13

Quote Originally Posted by gmoneyak View Post
    This.
    Exactly, since the value of such pass should allow you to see MORE sets that most people since you could just walk right up front as the set begins.
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    With 4 people, each paying $2300-2400, you better get more than just a friggin' Safari tent, according to my math, anyway.

How about just the two people paying the required full price, and then have one invisible person give you $1500 for the added guest pass you get? That way, the two people just got a rebate of $750 each on the $6500 they split at the start? Nobody plans on staying with them.
    The invisible person can't get added without a total cost of 8000.00. 6500 for 2 people minimum plus 1500 to add the third person - total cost of 8K for 3 passes. Split 3 ways it would be 2600 apiece. But the OP wants to pay only the cost of the uplift for adding the third person, rather than pay an even split. It's of no benefit to the tent purchaser to make that deal. Her logic is that the buyer has to pay the full price to get the tent anyway, but it seems a bit unfair that she get the pass on the coattails of the purchaser. Even without staying in the tent, she would still have full access to the safari area and all its perks, plus the guest access, golf cart rides, food tent etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

The invisible person can't get added without a total cost of 8000.00. 6500 for 2 people minimum plus 1500 to add the third person - total cost of 8K for 3 passes. Split 3 ways it would be 2600 apiece. But the OP wants to pay only the cost of the uplift for adding the third person, rather than pay an even split. It's of no benefit to the tent purchaser to make that deal. Her logic is that the buyer has to pay the full price to get the tent anyway, but it seems a bit unfair that she get the pass on the coattails of the purchaser. Even without staying in the tent, she would still have full access to the safari area and all its perks, plus the guest access, golf cart rides, food tent etc.

That's what I'm saying...why would anyone just be super nice and just let her add on..She should totally add another 500 on top and even then that's being total generous considering she's a stranger..It's still totally worth it on her end...but nope she's trying to get in for 1000-1500k..Could only imagine how much y'all would rip a dude for trying this here.

Not even worth responding to most people here..Y'all are a bunch of babies

Your logic about dividing the total 3-ways would make sense if the two original people in the tent splitting the package for $6,500 scarified something (such as space, privacy, or risk) by allowing a third person in on the incremental $1,500 ticket. But they are not. It’s a wash for the original 2. They get the same amount of space and benefits they would have had. They are simply passing through a favor that doesn’t cost them a thing. Any penny, drink, good feeling, or karma they get on top of the incremental $1,500 is a positive gain to them.
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

WTF is wrong with you 2 (thatgirl and arsgunner)? It's really not that difficult to understand. 2 people are going to be paying the base cost anyway. If they want to do somebody a favor and let them buy the extra pass at cost (1500), then what's the problem with that? It's not getting split 3 ways because the 3rd person isnt staying in the tent. It's just a nice deed you can do to help somebody out at no cost to yourself. Jesus...is doing a nice deed that hard to comprehend?

And who cares how much she spends or how many bands she sees. Worry about your own shit and let others worry about theirs. So many judgmental fuckin pricks around here.
    Let's go on a livin' spree!

She seems like a nice person, not sure why so much flak just for asking.

There is definitely more than one viewpoint here. If she can find someone willing to do this for her again then all the power to her. I just think these types of requests, particularly when being asked by a stranger, should factor in some kind of benefit for both parties, not just the recipient of the favor. She has made it clear she has disposable income to spend on Coachella and other activities, so maybe she could/should pay the same amount as the rest of us have to.
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.

There is value for value here. Someone is receiving the most expensive pass you can buy for the face value of that pass. Suggesting the value of the additional pass is over the $1,500 face value for it, is no different than encouraging someone to pay higher prices to scalpers. In the past when GA passes sold out quickly and were going for hundreds of dollars over face value, I don’t recall anyone calling people out for selling their passes as a favor for face value.

She has made it clear she has disposable income to spend on Coachella and other activities, so maybe she could/should pay the same amount as the rest of us have to.
    Wtf? ThatGirl, I know you help out people on the board and generally have good advice but this is a very strange statement. She should pay what she can hook up for herself. Her disposable income is no one's biz.
    Last edited by LiquidL; 06-03-2013 at 12:05 PM. Reason: Advice, not advise

Quote Originally Posted by Sexecutioner View Post
    WTF is wrong with you 2 (thatgirl and arsgunner)? It's really not that difficult to understand. 2 people are going to be paying the base cost anyway. If they want to do somebody a favor and let them buy the extra pass at cost (1500), then what's the problem with that? It's not getting split 3 ways because the 3rd person isnt staying in the tent. It's just a nice deed you can do to help somebody out at no cost to yourself. Jesus...is doing a nice deed that hard to comprehend?

And who cares how much she spends or how many bands she sees. Worry about your own shit and let others worry about theirs. So many judgmental fuckin pricks around here.
    I get everything..If it were me doing this...I would pay a little extra on top of the 1500.

If it was a friend or family member then sure why not..but a total stranger? not happening..make it worth my while by paying a little more than the add on..don't see what's wrong with that at all.

I do nice things all the time for people and I never ask for anything in return..this is just too much to ask from a stranger in my opinion..i'm super nice to people at coachella all the time..but this no way

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidL View Post
    Wtf? ThatGirl, I know you help out people on the board and generally have good advise but this is a very strange statement. She should pay what she can hook up for herself. Her disposable income is no one's biz.
    If she can hook up that deal, then good for her. But the Safari program is the only way to purchase a guest pass. I have to pay a certain amount to get it. Regardless of what it does or doesn't include, I wouldn't expect a stranger to provide one for me at a lesser cost than what they had to pay themselves. That's all.

Wes - do you really think my friends and I don't split the cost equally when more than two of us do Safari? Come ahhhhnnn.